ROTS Vader vs OT Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Who wins? Many people claim that ROTS is better in sabers and OT is better in force, but it hasn't been decided who would win in an all out duel.

Sorry if this has been done already; I checked and didn't find any.

kotorfan
I think ROTS vader would win. He is in his peak, and has his full potential to call upon. His random outbursts may help a bit, but won't be as controlled as OT vader's force manipulation.

If it goes to sabers, ROTS wins, and if in force OT wins.

but I think ROTS would win anyway, because his capabilities are higher. He can jump farther, faster, more manuverable.

BUt he has no armor, unlike OT vader.

Lord Lucien
In sabers, OT Vader's no pushover. I don't see him winning the majority of the time, but the possibility's still existent. In Force though, OT Vader wins rather well, and it would give him the edge in an all-out.

kotorfan
yeah cuz most of the battles are sabers. OT has a really brutal saber style though.

Hewhoknowsall
So Sidious spent all of the PT trying to get Anakin only to get a much weaker Vader sad

Darth Subjekt
Vader customized his style to fit his agility and such. Add in the fact that he's much stronger than his PT self, and has much greater mastery of the force, and PT Vader goes down. They're not going to just stand within arm's reach of each other and start fighting. They'll have distance and time for Vader (OT) to fire off force attacks his younger self just cant repel.

TheMagicPillow
i wouldn't say that ROTS Vader is better than OT Vader in sabers.
OT Vader has had more experience in battle and while he isn't as fast his blows are powerful enough to knock the lightsaber out of his hands. though he probably would resort to force attacks if he needed to.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Vader customized his style to fit his agility and such. Add in the fact that he's much stronger than his PT self, and has much greater mastery of the force, and PT Vader goes down. They're not going to just stand within arm's reach of each other and start fighting. They'll have distance and time for Vader (OT) to fire off force attacks his younger self just cant repel. OMG I missed you! We're running out of the oldies.

But yeah, the only thing PT Vader has going for him is speed and agility. But that's only gonna get him so far.

Eminence
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Vader customized his style to fit his agility and such. Add in the fact that he's much stronger than his PT self, and has much greater mastery of the force, and PT Vader goes down. They're not going to just stand within arm's reach of each other and start fighting. They'll have distance and time for Vader (OT) to fire off force attacks his younger self just cant repel. Holy shit I haven't seen you in a while.

Hewhoknowsall
Darn! I forgot to add a poll...

So OT Vader wins? I guess that makes sense.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
OMG I missed you! We're running out of the oldies.

But yeah, the only thing PT Vader has going for him is speed and agility. But that's only gonna get him so far. Originally posted by Eminence
Holy shit I haven't seen you in a while.

Yea, I kinda missed all you guys. Had to come back. And where better than a Vader thread? smile

Eminence
*hugsallaround**gruff nod*

We have moar dumb people now, so have fun.

Red Nemesis
Lucien has reactivated, and I'm still operative, so we could even have a Nazi triumvirate!

Lord Lucien
Aw sweet. I call being the local Goebbels. No Hitler, no one person can have that much power.

Eminence
Except meOkay.

Except me.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Eminence
*hugsallaround**gruff nod*

We have moar dumb people now, so have fun.

*Raises hand*

My bad.

Hewhoknowsall
So most people think that Vader wins?

Elite Hunter
You might want to look at your post again...

Hewhoknowsall
Darn it...I'm tired...

I meant most people think OT Vader wins?

The Ellimist
In the canon, it seems pretty clear that OT > RotS Vader.

In Legends, it's muddier. It seems pretty clear that Vader's declined as a duelist (he does worse against an explicitly weaker Kenobi than his younger self did against the RotS incarnation), but has grown far more powerful in the Force. I'm not sure about this one.

Syndicate
OT Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.