FOTJ Ben Skywalker vs an average jedi master

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
This is actually an interesting question:

Are important characters like Ben and TPM Obi Wan that have yet to achieve the rank of "super ultra pwning jedi master" stronger than an average jedi master? If so, then why aren't they themselves jedi masters yet?

kotorfan
Obi Wan is a Jedi Master. Although his saber skillz are better than force powers.

and I haven't read FOTJ yet, since its raining like hell right now... and I just got back from another test.. It was actually harder than the other math exam I took 2 days ago.. but thats to be expected, since Regents are supposed to be easier than school finals.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by kotorfan
Obi Wan is a Jedi Master. Although his saber skillz are better than force powers.

He's talking about TPM Obiwan who is far from a master.

kotorfan
well I don't think Obi-Wan TPM is as strong as a full Jedi Master. Although Obi wan defeated Maul and Qui-Gon didn't, it doesn't make him better or at the save level as a master.

Lord Lucien
Obi-Wan beat Maul through a moment of lucidity, not of superior combat prowess.

Hewhoknowsall
But my question is: is Ben/TPM Obi Wan stronger than an average jedi master?

mattatom
TPM Obi Wan, no.
Ben, no idea haven't read FOTJ... Just finished LOTF and reading through Legacy at the moment.

Darth Truculent
What is FOTJ?

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
What is FOTJ?
Fate of the Jedi, I believe.

Darth Truculent
New series?

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
New series?
Apparently, haven't heard about it since this thread appeared.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by mattatom
Apparently, haven't heard about it since this thread appeared.

I have the first book Outcast and it's REALLY good in my opinion, although it's strange that Luke has trouble vs random monk dude.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.