Zombieland

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
This looks ****ing great!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/zombieland/

That ACDC Chick
holy shit that looks awesome eek!

MildPossession
Yep, been looking forwards to it for a long time. Adore the look of it and the cast(I mean Woody Harrelson in Natural Born Killers mode, except lose the villain element), the trailer made me laugh quite a lot, so that's a good sign for me.

BackFire
I have a bad feeling about this one. Saw the trailer last night and I agree with what my friend said - 'this is what happens when zombie movies get too popular'.

That ACDC Chick
i havent seen a good zombie movie since Romero's Land of the Dead
cause Diary of the Dead was shit and i didnt see Quarentine yet

MildPossession
Have you not seen then? came out after Land of the Dead.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by MildPossession
Have you not seen then? came out after Land of the Dead.
no
never even heard of it

EDIT:
and no wonder
its only in Spain haermm

theres another zombie movie coming out soon but i cant remember the title mmm
hold a sec

MildPossession
is the original film, the American film Quarantine is a remake of it.

That ACDC Chick
then ill have to hunt it down
was Quarentine any good?

MildPossession
No. stick out tongue Watch first if you watch both and give it credit for the ending. If you are in Britain, you can get on 2 disc edition dvd for about £4/5 most places.

That ACDC Chick
sorry
America sad

MildPossession
is out in July I think on DVD in America. Just go and check the topic and it should say the exact date.

Pandemoniac
Might just be awesome, the whole 'zombie kill of the week' aspect was hilarious! They might just have shown the best in the trailer all ready, but if not... imagine the possibilities

Mairuzu
might just be the as good as shaun of the dead hmm

MildPossession
Bit more action film like compared to Shaun of the Dead.

Kazenji
Looks good and I get a Dead Rising feel with Woody Harrelson's character.

MildPossession
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/imageGallery/Zombieland/large/hr_Zombieland_7.jpg

Fantastic poster here for the film.

Selphie
I'm scared that Woody Harrelson is going to be the only good thing in this movie. Of course I'll see it regardless, being a big zombie fan and all, but I'm just scared it's not going to be funny or scary.

ToyChop
Grah...I just tried posting a link to the redband (as in NSFW) trailer for 'ZombieLand' but a "you're a newbie and can't post links" screen popped up.

So, if you wanna see it, it's popping up on a bunch of the movie sites (FilmDrunk, IWatchStuff, etc.).

MildPossession
Here is the redband trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUD-PFm07SI

Loving it!!

That ACDC Chick
it looks hilarious haermm
the kids kinda cute toommm

jabjabcross
I didn't see any posts on this. Anyone looking forward to this. It gives me that Shaun of the Dead-esque vibes and I loved that movie. Looking forward to this. Great cast too.

digz401
i cant wait to see this movie looks good i been waiting for this movie for a while now

Myth
I figured it could be really good or completely mediocre. The early reviews have me excited about the prospect of it being really good.

BruceSkywalker
i think i will wait for this on dvd

MildPossession
THERE IS A TOPIC ALREADY IN THE HORROR HORROR HORROR HORROR SECTION.

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

NemeBro
Looks pretty good IMO, if it is truly Shaun of the Dead level it shall be legendary.

MildPossession
For you lazy arses. stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t510820.html

The Nuul
Looks good.

The Nuul
For you lazy arses. stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t510820.html

Can you click on the link for me please?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i think i will wait for this on dvd

jinXed by JaNx
THERE IS A TOPIC ALREADY IN THE HORROR HORROR HORROR HORROR SECTION.

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

laughing out loud

BackFire
Very fun and enjoyable movie. See it.

The Nuul
I hear good things about this one.

Spartan005
just got back from the theater

Better than shawn of the dead... less horror and more action

Myth
Originally posted by Spartan005
just got back from the theater

Better than shawn of the dead... less horror and more action

Same here. Shaun of the Dead is probably truer to the classic zombie movies, but Zombieland was ridiculously entertaining.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
this looks like its going to be the official movie of me and my gaming pal. We are pretty much the epic zombie killers online.

already we are quoting that one line from the trailer: "My mama always said i'd be good at something, someday. Bet she never guessed that'd be... killing zombies."

NemeBro
Saw this last night.

Movie was great. Incredibly entertaining, and kept me laughing almost the entire movie. Woody Harrelson's character of Tallahassee was especially hilarious and badass.

Insomniatric
I can't wait to see it, looks badass.

BackFire
I certainly don't think it was better than Shaun of the Dead, not even close.

Was a lot of fun, though.

Dr. Leg Kick
Will be watching it tonight. I will give my thoughts soon.

Spartan005
Originally posted by BackFire
I certainly don't think it was better than Shaun of the Dead, not even close.

False.

Kento
This movie was great.

BackFire
False.

The humor in Shaun was way smarter and more subtle. It was more of a true parody of the zombie genre, with specific things taken from several different classic zombie films and then mocked lovingly.

Zombieland's humor was a lot more obvious, at times, too obvious.

Spartan005
The humor in Shaun was way smarter and more subtle. It was more of a true parody of the zombie genre, with specific things taken from several different classic zombie films and then mocked lovingly.

Zombieland's humor was a lot more obvious, at times, too obvious.

thats funny because I swear I was going to write that shaun's humor was more obvious. I watched it again (first time in about 5 years) last night after you posted...

what was so subtle and smart about it? Ed acting like a monkey? The group acting like zombies? Or shawn beating the shit out of people with a bat?

this needs a new thread... lol

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Will be watching it tonight. I will give my thoughts soon. Great film. I preferred Shaun as well but you can't go wrong with this.

The Nuul
Havent seen this yet but it seems like two different Zombie movies. One is a parody and the other is action with fun but may be forced humor. Cant really compare the two besides they both have zombies.

BackFire
thats funny because I swear I was going to write that shaun's humor was more obvious. I watched it again (first time in about 5 years) last night after you posted...

what was so subtle and smart about it? Ed acting like a monkey? The group acting like zombies? Or shawn beating the shit out of people with a bat?

this needs a new thread... lol

Because those three scenes were the whole movie, right?

The fact that there were scenes, little scenes, that were a direct parody of other zombie films.

The scene where they were practicing their zombie movement was brilliant. Many of Nick Frost's lines were funny in an under the radar type of way. Great delivery.

Also, much of the first half hour was some funny and observant humor. When Shaun crosses the street to the store and doesn't notice that hell has come to earth - excellent.

When they come across the other group of survivors that has a doppleganger for each of the main group members.

Shaun of the Dead also made great use of the set up, pay off, mechanic. Some of the best I've seen in recent memory.

S_D_J
Love Shaun of the Dead and I'm really looking forward to watching this movie, though I'm gonna have to wait a wee bit more though

Nice to see you guys liked it

Also, much of the first half hour was some funny and observant humor. When Shaun crosses the street to the store and doesn't notice that hell has come to earth - excellent.

loved that scene

Spartan005
Because those three scenes were the whole movie, right?

The fact that there were scenes, little scenes, that were a direct parody of other zombie films.

When they come across the other group of survivors that has a doppleganger for each of the main group members.

Shaun of the Dead also made great use of the set up, pay off, mechanic. Some of the best I've seen in recent memory.

just making a point... I really don't see the difference between british humor vs american humor. Those two scenes were very well written but only chuckle worthy imo. subtle doesn't necesarily mean better

Micheal_Myers
This movie is hilarious. It was very entertaining. I'll probably pick it up on DVD whenever it comes out.

SnakeEyes
This movie was a lot of fun. Shaun of the Dead was way better, but they're different movies. I actually wish Zombieland was longer, I thought it ended too soon. The cameo near the middle of the movie was fantastic though and Woody was the probably the best part of the film.

HueyFreeman
Shaun of the deads humor was more subtle but not laugh out loud funny to me. Some of the scenes with Woody had me dying on the floor. The Bill Murray scene alone was gold.

SnakeEyes
Sure the humor is subjective, but Shaun of the Dead has dramatic impact that was void in Zombieland. It also had genuine characters that I cared about and at times, genuine tension.

Don't get me wrong, Zombieland was a lot of fun and I had a great time in the theater watching it, but it didn't offer much substance, unlike Shaun of the Dead.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Sure the humor is subjective, but Shaun of the Dead has dramatic impact that was void in Zombieland. It also had genuine characters that I cared about and at times, genuine tension.

Don't get me wrong, Zombieland was a lot of fun and I had a great time in the theater watching it, but it didn't offer much substance, unlike Shaun of the Dead. I really didn't think Shaun of the dead offered any substance either. I really didn't care about any of the characters. To tell you the truth I thought Hot Fuzz was the better Simon Pegg movie of the two.

RocasAtoll
Really funny movie. It wasn't really a horror film, but it was great as an action comedy.

Zack Fair
"Believe it or not twinkies come with an expiration date."

Priceless.

The Nuul
Just saw this and its a great popcorn flick. Bill was brilliant.

Still cannot compare Shaun and this.

MildPossession
Looks like you fans will be getting a sequel:

I spoilered for those who haven't seen it yet.

jinXed by JaNx
tis a shame that this movie got overshadowed by that crappy paranormal activity

lord xyz
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I really didn't think Shaun of the dead offered any substance either. I really didn't care about any of the characters. To tell you the truth I thought Hot Fuzz was the better Simon Pegg movie of the two. I prefer Hot Fuzz too, but Shaun of the Dead is brilliant.

Zombieland is good, but does have it's flaws.

Kazenji
It only just started its run here in Australia

went to see it and liked it.

MildPossession
The sequel is going to be in 3D... urgh.

Robtard
The sequel is going to be in 3D... urgh.

Yep. Means I'll wait to watch it on DVD, at home, in 2-D.

lord xyz
I think Paranormal Activity should be in 3D.

MildPossession
Does your local cinema not show the 2D versions also?

Robtard
Does your local cinema not show the 2D versions also?

Some movies, not all. I'm hoping Avatar can be had in 2-D, but I doubt it.

The theaters charge $3.00 for the 3-D glasses, on-top of the ticket price, so that's incentive to not have the 2-D option. In short, going to a 3-D is like getting rudely ****ed up the ass.

If it's an IMAX, then you're also supplying the lube, yourself, with a smile to boot. Comes out to be around $20.00+ per ticket.

Blinky
Originally posted by Robtard
Some movies, not all. I'm hoping Avatar can be had in 2-D, but I doubt it.

The theaters charge $3.00 for the 3-D glasses, on-top of the ticket price, so that's incentive to not have the 2-D option. In short, going to a 3-D is like getting rudely ****ed up the ass.

If it's an IMAX, then you're also supplying the lube, yourself, with a smile to boot. Comes out to be around $20.00+ per ticket.

That's what you get for living in California.

Robtard
Originally posted by Blinky
That's what you get for living in California.

That and great weather, truly superb produce and Mexicans you can hire cheaply.

Kazenji
Only problem i had with the movie would be is theres no way woody harrelson character had that much ammo to take out the zombies when he locked himself in that building.

Selphie
I thought this movie was going to be stupid as hell before seeing it, figuring that everything American nowadays just aims for stupid teenagers that laugh at everything....

but this was pleasantly refreshing, saw it in theaters twice.

Definitely not better than Shaun, but still good on it's own.

MildPossession
Me thinks this will be a blu ray buy.

Blinky
Saw this in the theatre. Loved it. Actually, I liked it better than any recent Zombie flick. Most of the humor was just my taste. Limited CGI (I liked that). I loved the fact that there was almost no melodrama. I will prolly buy it.

monikaluchi
It is not a horror dear. Rather it is a comedy. I will rate it 6 out of 10 nor more than that.

MildPossession
Humm, ZOMBIES... what does that fall under? It's a Horror/Comedy 'dear'.

Robtard
Humm, ZOMBIES... what does that fall under? It's a Horror/Comedy 'dear'.

He's an ad spammer, best to ignore, dear.

Blinky
He's an ad spammer, best to ignore, dear.

Don't call her 'dear', she (and her bung-hole) are mine.

Robtard
Originally posted by Blinky
Don't call her 'dear', she (and her bung-hole) are mine.

You can have her, I've already taken that back-cherry and repeatedly assaulted it many a time. It's like the Chunnel now, have fun with that.

Blinky
You can have her, I've already taken that back-cherry and repeatedly assaulted it many a time. It's like the Chunnel now, have fun with that.

Hahahaha! That's sssssso wrong, dude.

MildPossession
Dear? I'm not in my 70s you know...

Blinky
Dear? I'm not in my 70s you know...

I should hope not... you know, since I claimed your bung-hole and all...

CrowRoboto
Brilliant, Brilliant movie! great acting, good writing and a great sense of fun.

One of the best zombie movies ever.

K.Diddy
beer I loved this movie,Very funny and entertaining

chomperx9
I wouldnt consider it a horror movie

K.Diddy
Originally posted by chomperx9
I wouldnt consider it a horror movie

smokin' It's a comedy/horror

MildPossession
It IS Horror, and comedy like K.Diddy said.

chomperx9
Originally posted by K.Diddy
smokin' It's a comedy/horror i consider it only a comedy.

MildPossession
Well it's not. It's both Horror and Comedy. It's a Horror/Comedy hybrid genre.

Even the director himself calls it Horror...

The Nuul
Its a sub/mix genre.

MildPossession
Yes, that's what I just said. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue smile

The Nuul
Ohhhhh, you are soooo going to get it!

chomperx9
i say its a comedy

K.Diddy
i say its a comedy

no expression No,it's a HORROR/COMEDY

Dave_97
i liked zombieland.
made me laugh.
made me cry.
made me wanna watch ghostbusters.

chomperx9
no expression No, it's a COMEDY I know

MildPossession
You are incorrect, go look up film theory...

The Nuul
Or he can stop his trolling. Hes a pain in the ass in the comic vs forum.

T.M
Hormedy.. no expression

MildPossession
Or that T.M, ha ha. stick out tongue

K.Diddy
I know

no expression It's no different to something like Evil Dead or Bride of chucky,Comedy/horror fits into the horror category there has been Comedy/horror movies for years

chomperx9
no expression It's no different to something like Evil Dead or Bride of chucky,Comedy/horror fits into the horror category there has been Comedy/horror movies for years I know

The Nuul
Then STFU.

chomperx9
Originally posted by The Nuul
Then STFU. why ? nothing wrong with liking comedies

K.Diddy
why ? nothing wrong with liking comedies

smile Yeah,but it's a horror/comedy

no expression

The Nuul
Hes trolling this thread. This guys loves to post that he knows Raz, he has him on FB and texts him alot. I guess they are pals.

MildPossession
Let's just ignore the deluded person.

chomperx9
Let's just ignore the deluded person. whats wrong with having a nice convo about comedy or horror movies. i just dont see anythng horrifiying about the zombieland movie. call it both if you want i dont care.

for example mall cop is in the comedy section at bestbuy. I sure as hell dont call mall cop a comedy. it was not funny what so ever

the ninjak
How old are you Chomps 13?

This movie would've been better if it focused more on the rules philosophy. But hey a great movie regardless. Bill Murray was perfect.

MildPossession
He was fabulous in this.

The Nuul
Hes admitted that hes 12.

The Nuul
Bill is the icing on the cake with the cherry on top.

chomperx9
Originally posted by the ninjak
How old are you Chomps 13?

This movie would've been better if it focused more on the rules philosophy. But hey a great movie regardless. Bill Murray was perfect. when did i say i didnt like the movie ? I enjoyed it and i think it was funny.

MildPossession
12?! thought you had to be 13 to join a message board...

Double cherry on top actually.

Can't remember if someone mentioned, is the sequel going to be in 3D? sad

the ninjak

Can't remember if someone mentioned, is the sequel going to be in 3D? sad
Oh man I hope not. This 3D marketing raid is getting on my nerves.

chomperx9
Originally posted by the ninjak
Oh man I hope not. This 3D marketing raid is getting on my nerves. its an option to upgrade to 3D its not like the studios are gonna stop releasing their films on dvd or regular blu ray

the ninjak
its an option to upgrade to 3D its not like the studios are gonna stop releasing their films on dvd or regular blu ray

My friend has one eye and he hates turning up to the movies and not being able to watch these films. It also gives me a headache.

MildPossession
Does your cinema not offer 2D versions of the same film?

the ninjak
Does your cinema not offer 2D versions of the same film?

Sometimes no. And in cases the 3D cinema gets the nice upgraded one and the 2D one gets a crappy low quality cin.

I'm just not a fan period, I find most of the films released in 3D to be straining and flawed, the best I ever saw were Monster House and Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs (an excellent film).

We only show films in Digital that are 3D while while the rest are in 35mm.

FreAk10710
i watched it! The movie is funny, and both amazing to me.

RedRum666
I agree, it was hilarious with some great action too. Woody was great in this!

maximus395
Great movie, Woody Harrison does a great job with bill murry. The comedy/gore went perfectly with the people they got to play in the movie. It was a B movie but in A quality lol.

Jmanghan
This is such a good movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.