Ironfist vs mandarin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
ring less mandarin vs ironfist, H2H ko, kill.

AlmightyKfish
Mandarin ftw.

Wild Shadow
bumpity bump..

Aries_04
I think, maybe, Mandarin.

thanos-prime
Mandarin

dmills
Iron Fist.

Until I need to see what top tier MA'ers Mandarin has beaten.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Mandarin ftw.

srankmissingnin
Mandarin

dmills
Who has 616 mandarin beaten that was a top tier fighter?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by dmills
Who has 616 mandarin beaten that was a top tier fighter? Cap I believe.Just with karate chops

the ninjak
Did anyone read the recent Ironman annual? Featuring Mandarin it was a hilarious issue.

It pretty much showed Mandarin as a conman nutjob with a superiority complex.

He did beat the crap out 3 expert fighters brutally but ringless he will lose to Ironfist.

Konton
Mandarin.

the ninjak
Wow!

Can anyone post scans of Mandarin's MA feats?

dmills
Originally posted by the ninjak
Wow!

Can anyone post scans of Mandarin's MA feats? Nope. It's the name. As far as I know he's never bested an MA'er with the skill on power level of current Iron Fist. I'm still waiting...

Wild Shadow
who has ironfist beaten?

khazra
Mandarin is good enough at MA that he can compete with Iron Man hand to hand despite being human. I think its sae to say no top tier MAs can do that thereby mandarin > them.

Harbinger
I love IF, but he gets a hole put in his chest here.

dmills
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
who has ironfist beaten? Cannon fodder roll eyes (sarcastic)

dmills
Originally posted by Harbinger
I love IF, but he gets a hole put in his chest here. Based on what exactly? Can ANYONE offer more insight?

basilisk
Originally posted by khazra
Mandarin is good enough at MA that he can compete with Iron Man hand to hand despite being human. I think its sae to say no top tier MAs can do that thereby mandarin > them.

Gotta love how they have time for commentary:

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/IF01A.jpg

dmills
laughing

Wild Shadow
when was the last time ironman fought mandarin?

dmills
IIRC a loooong time ago.

Wild Shadow
i thought it was more recent then IF..

dmills
You're right. I'm pretty sure I.F. was the first MA'er to go h2h with Iron Man.

Wild Shadow
i am implying that mandarin has fought more sophisticated versions of ironman

dmills
I know what you're implying. I'm saying I agree with you erm

VanMae
The Mandarin is too powerful for Rand. Fist hits him, nothing. Mandarin hits Fist, Fist dies.

Mindset
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i am implying that mandarin has fought more sophisticated versions of ironman Pretty sure Mandarin had rings when he fought IM recently.Originally posted by VanMae
The Mandarin is too powerful for Rand. Fist hits him, nothing. Mandarin hits Fist, Fist dies. lol

VanMae
Iron Man can toss tanks like they were frisbees. He's flown around carrying things the size of large buildings. Yet Mandarin can shrug off his attacks and do things like breaking his arm.

Mindset
Originally posted by VanMae
Iron Man can toss tanks like they were frisbees. He's flown around carrying things the size of large buildings. Yet Mandarin can shrug off his attacks and do things like breaking his arm. With his rings.

IF can punch down a helicarrier.

VanMae
No, not "with his rings", he broke Iron Man's arm with a martial arts attack. Why do you keep bringing up his rings? It's not like he stands behind them and just blasts away. He typically uses them to set up sucker-punches. He does things like, say, blinding Iron Man with darkforce, and then cheap-shotting him while he's blind. Doesn't change the fact that he hits hard enough to smash Iron Man. And Iron Man >> a hellicarrier. He's smashed holes in vehicles that size just by flying through them like a living bullet. The Mandarin doesn't hide behind his rings anymore than Wonder Woman hides behind her lasso. The Mandarin is a hand-to-hand character who uses the rings, when he uses them at all, to make getting punches and kicks in easier.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindset
With his rings.

IF can punch down a helicarrier.

Didn't Sentry get owned by a Hellicarrier? Thus Iron Fist can oneshot Sentry? I think we just won this thread.

cdtm
No, not "with his rings", he broke Iron Man's arm with a martial arts attack.

Danny's also a bullet timer. More or less, he's on par with Spider-man when it comes to the kind of physical attributes he brings to the table...

Even if Mandarin can dent IM's armor, is he very agile? Is he durable? (I've seen scans of IF slamming into a wall from a speeding train, and getting back up..)

VanMae
He's taken Iron Man's best shots routinely. Iron Man who does things like smashing giant mega-tanks by accidentally flexing a little. Hell, in their last fight Iron Man really wailed on him, yet he couldn't put him down with just his own power. He had to steal five of Mandarin's rings and blast him with the rings, his repulsors, and his unibeam. Even that didn't kill Mandarin, though combined with the other 15 rounds worth of attacks it did **** him up.

Lord_Talron
lol.

would someone mind explaining to me how you can use martial arts to break iron mans arm inside his armor?

VanMae
Chi amped strike. The Mandarin's Chi is so powerful that he can do things like break Iron Man's arm, or survive for years without food and water by living on stored Chi.

Lord_Talron
riiiiiiiiiiiight and dannys chi is inferior to that. dont worry, i believe you.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
riiiiiiiiiiiight and dannys chi is inferior to that. dont worry, i believe you.

Didn't Danny suppress a nuke from going off with his chi once? (Or maybe it was a reactor from going critical..)

Endless Mike
Mandarin would win, he is on another level than Iron Fist

SamZED
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Didn't Sentry get owned by a Hellicarrier? Thus Iron Fist can oneshot Sentry? I think we just won this thread. I think you just won this whole forum.

the ninjak
Mandarin had the rings attached to his spine when they last fought.

When Tony tore some out he was done for.

dmills
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Mandarin would win, he is on another level than Iron Fist I'm still waiting for any evidence of this. It's been 48 hrs since I originally asked for any support to this claim. I've yet to see anything. It can't possibly be because of chi amping. What top tier MA'er has Mandarin beaten or at least stalemated in 616 continuity?

VanMae
Mandarin had the rings attached to his spine when they last fought.

When Tony tore some out he was done for.

Actually it was AFTER the rings were torn out that he did his best damage, breaking Iron Man's arm.

VanMae
I'm still waiting for any evidence of this. It's been 48 hrs since I originally asked for any support to this claim. I've yet to see anything. It can't possibly be because of chi amping. What top tier MA'er has Mandarin beaten or at least stalemated in 616 continuity?

Yes, it's because of chi-amping. He can chi amp himself to the point that Iron Man is a physical underdog. While he has rings, he doesn't right in a true ranged way. Rather, he uses the rings as a way to get in cheap-shots. Iron Man>>Iron Fist.

Mindset
Actually it was AFTER the rings were torn out that he did his best damage, breaking Iron Man's arm. Got the scans?

Wei Phoenix
Is Mandarin the only character without scans? I'm not doubting or verifying these claims but I've never seen anyone on here ever post a scan of Mandarin, does he have a respect thread?

dmills
Yes, it's because of chi-amping. Danny's chi feats are far superior and more varied then Mandarin's and it's not even close. Hell I probably wouldn't even have to use his newer stuff. I'll use his old classic stuff.

Mindset
Is Mandarin the only character without scans? I'm not doubting or verifying these claims but I've never seen anyone on here ever post a scan of Mandarin, does he have a respect thread? I used to have the comic on my comp he was talking about, but I'm almost positive he still had the rings when he was fighting IM, and lost when they were ripped out.

dmills
Is Mandarin the only character without scans? I'm not doubting or verifying these claims but I've never seen anyone on here ever post a scan of Mandarin, does he have a respect thread? Don't hold your breath. Don't get me wrong, he has some nice feats. But it's mostly the name that people are wanking off to. The same thing happened in the Martial Arts tier thread. Mandarin and Temugin were classified as uber. I asked why and no one could/would answer. I'm seeing the same pattern here.

VanMae
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7044/im288zl9.jpg

Note that Iron Man is wearing the rings at this point.

Here's another fight. Yes, he's wearing the rings in this one, but mostly doesn't use them.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37499/943245-0krypt_super.jpg

Given the style of fighting Mandarin does, which is to say mostly fighting with martial arts, and just using the rings now and again to get the other guy off-balance, why is it such a huge deal whether he has them on? Can someone answer me that?

People don't say Wonder Woman can't fight just because she has a lasso. Y'know why they don't say that? Because her fighting-style is to go mostly hand-to-hand and use the lasso now and again. So why is it suuuuuuuch a huge mark against the Mandarin's skill that he wears zapper-rings, when he mostly fights hand-to-hand anyway?

Mindset
He has 5 rings in his back.

VanMae
Aaaaand?????

Mindset
And you said he didn't have them.

VanMae
Ok, sorry, should have looked more closely. The point still stands: so what? He's not blasting Iron Man's arm broken. Given his actual style of fighting, why are the rings such a huge mark against him?

King Castle
b/c ppl are grasping as straws to devalue his feats.

dmills
Originally posted by King Castle
b/c ppl are grasping as straws to devalue his feats. More like because people are making baseless claims without feeling the need to back them up. Like I said. He has some nice feats, but he isn't beating Iron Fist. We can compare chi feats if you'd like.

vansonbee

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7044/im288zl9.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37499/943245-0krypt_super.jpg Anyone know which comic these panels are from?

VanMae
. We can compare chi feats if you'd like.

Going years without food and water by living on stored Chi.

Shrugging off Iron Man's class 85 punches, which dwarfs any mundane event survival feat you can name.

Destroying Iron Man's armor with martial arts attacks, again a feat that dwarfs any feat of damaging mundane things like Helicarriers.

the ninjak
Going years without food and water by living on stored Chi.

Shrugging off Iron Man's class 85 punches, which dwarfs any mundane event survival feat you can name.

Destroying Iron Man's armor with martial arts attacks, again a feat that dwarfs any feat of damaging mundane things like Helicarriers.

Didn't the recent Ironman Annual pretty much make Mandarin to be a complete egotistical liar?

VanMae
It made things about his origin a lie, such as him finding the rings in the ship of an alien who was already dead, when in fact the alien was alive and Mandarin murdered it. It didn't retcon any post-origin events, so it had no effect on anything shown on-screen.

Sr J-Bieb
Is Mandarin the only character without scans? I'm not doubting or verifying these claims but I've never seen anyone on here ever post a scan of Mandarin, does he have a respect thread? No. Blackheart is the other guy without scans.

cdtm
Did either of them punch out a bullet train?

A feat I heard in passing the last time this fight came up on another board, but the commenter neglected to mention who he was talking about...

dmills
Iron Fist oneshotted a train.

the ninjak
It appears when a man is bonded to the rings they receive huge physical amps.

Without them he is just a man.

King Castle
did he even have the rings when he was locked up for however long?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
No. Blackheart is the other guy without scans.

Yeah I haven't seen him either or his telekinetic power that is strong enough to rip a planet in half.

srankmissingnin
did he even have the rings when he was locked up for however long?

No. He survived without food while looked up in that prison merely from is own mastery of martial arts, for years... and then he life trained the guys who came to find him using his own chains as a conduit.

I think he also blocked bullets with the chains IIRC.

King Castle
It appears when a man is bonded to the rings they receive huge physical amps.

Without them he is just a man. massively wrong.

The Nuul
What about Danny vs Temugin H2H?

dmills
Danny with the haduken for thecwin ftw!

the ninjak
massively wrong.

So his physiology has been altered permanently due to exposure to the rings?

dmills
So his physiology has been altered permanently due to exposure to the rings? He's an uber level chi amper.

dmills
Not on the level of Iron Fist though.

the ninjak
He's an uber level chi amper. Originally posted by dmills
Not on the level of Iron Fist though.

If IF had a hard time against Ironman then Mandarin won't fare any better.

Extremis makes the armor he used in their recent fight look like antiques as well.

This fight should be a stomp. No rings he is screwed.

dmills
Iron fist fought IM decades ago. To be fair The Mandarin dominated IM physically using his chi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.