Obi Wan, Anakin and Kyp recieving support from Han Solo and OT Leia vs ROTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
The 6 come in to arrest Sidious after the team of Mace Windu and the others failed. They catch him in Cloud City. Sidious is guarded by two stormtroopers. Who wins? (this isn't a spite thread or anything, just trying to get everyone's mind off of the Empire vs Earth threads)

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
The 6 come in to arrest Sidious after the team of Mace Windu and the others failed. They catch him in Cloud City. Sidious is guarded by two stormtroopers. Who wins? (this isn't a spite thread or anything, just trying to get everyone's mind off of the Empire vs Earth threads)
The 6?
1) Kenobi
2) Anakin
3) Kyp
4) Han
5) Leia
6)?
Who's the sixth person trying to arrest Sidious?
I think Sidious still wins this.

Eminence
Hewhoknowsall
(this isn't a spite thread or anything, just trying to get everyone's mind off of the Empire vs Earth threads) You know one really good way to do that? Stop threading for a while.

Vorpal Ruin
Kyp alone would be a handful for ROTS Sidious. Add in the others and the team wins.

Red Nemesis
*Hijacks thread*

Jaina Vs. Kazdan Paratus.

Objective: Determine if enough is known about Paratus to make a call.

Action: Ask Em and EH (who have read the novel?) for the call.

Drawbacks: Encourages noez to continue behavior.
Benefits: Saves self the trouble of making thread, noez can't annoy me, just everyone else.

Execute.

Nephthys
Does Paragus start in his Droid Golum?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Action: Ask Em and EH (who have read the novel?) for the call.

Nope

SIDIOUS 66
Sidious takes this. Sidious releases a barrage of lightning against them. Han and leia die instantly, and Obi Wan knocked unconcience, leaving Anakin and Kyp left to fight. Sidious outsmarts both of them in a pretty good fight.

Eminence
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Nope

Nephthys
Paragus could easily win if he starts in his Doid Golum.

*has read book*

Red Nemesis
*Is impressed with Nephthys, although distressed at the difficulty of spelling his name*

Really? Jaina I fight funny Solo couldn't take the crazy salamander?

Nephthys
That Golums a beast, she can't take it down, it took Marek repeated Lightnings to even weaken it and almost chopped him up with its two ****ing Massive Axes plus sharp appendices.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Sidious takes this. Sidious releases a barrage of lightning against them. Han and leia die instantly, and Obi Wan knocked unconcience, leaving Anakin and Kyp left to fight. Sidious outsmarts both of them in a pretty good fight.

Sidious is going to hit all 5 of them with lightening at once? Why would leia die instantly, she has a lightsaber to block it too. Why wouldn't Han be behind one of the Jedi to be protected from the lightening? Are these guys just walking in there like toddlers with their guards down? It seems like these people wouldn't be careless when going to apprehend Darth Sidious.

Oops, OT Leia doesn't have a lightsaber. In that case, Han and Leia fly the Falcon up to the window with Anakin inside it(to counter a force push if needed) while Obi-Wan and Kyp block the other exit.

Hewhoknowsall
I said OT Leia.

Vorpal Ruin
I said OT Leia.

I edited it damn you!

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Are these guys just walking in there like toddlers with their guards down? It seems like these people wouldn't be careless when going to apprehend Darth Sidious. Down goes Agen Kolar. Down goes Saesee Tinn. Whoops, there goes Kit Fisto.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Down goes Agen Kolar. Down goes Saesee Tinn. Whoops, there goes Kit Fisto.

I believe that Han and Kyp would be able to provide lots of knowledge on Sidious. Those three didn't fully know what they were walking in to.

SIDIOUS 66
Sidious is going to hit all 5 of them with lightening at once?

How come he couldn't?
Even if she did, is she strong enough to hold on to it?

So what is his purpose for being there? To hide behind a jedi?

I hope not.

Darth Truculent
What Anakin? Skywalker or Solo?

Vorpal Ruin
How come he couldn't?
Even if she did, is she strong enough to hold on to it?

So what is his purpose for being there? To hide behind a jedi?

I hope not.

Has he hit several people before with it as of ROTS?

No, OT Leia wouldn't be able to block the lightening even if she had a lightsaber. But whose to say Kyp doesn't force push Sidious out the window while hes trying to zap everyone?

Han is there to take out the two stormtroopers, duh.

Lord Lucien
Has he hit several people before with it as of ROTS?Who's to say he can't? Behold, a minor variation of A>B>C: Revan can do it, Sidious is better, Sidious can do it. tada.

No, OT Leia wouldn't be able to block the lightening even if she had a lightsaber. But whose to say Kyp doesn't force push Sidious out the window while hes trying to zap everyone? Tell that to Mace Windu. Even fully submerged in Vaapad he was still choking on ozone, and Mace Windu>>>>OT Leia with a lightsaber.

Han is there to take out the two stormtroopers, duh. If everyone attacks at once, two Stormtroopers still pose a threat. They get out 2-4 shots between them, drawing attention away from the lightsaber-holders of the group. Those few seconds could be all Sidious needs to take out most, if not all, of them.

Hewhoknowsall
I meant ROTS Anakin and ROTS Obi Wan.

After thinking about it, this might be a tad unbalanced. Would it be alright to switch out OT Leia for FOTJ/LOTF Leia?

@Lucien

Han Solo has been shown to take out armies of stormtroopers without much trouble, so two would go down quite quickly.

SIDIOUS 66
Has he hit several people before with it as of ROTS? Bane, as a BEGINNER, filled a room with lightning. Sidious as of ROTS was stated to be the most powerful sith in history.

Now you're talking.

My arguement: Sidious' force senses are a lot stronger than Kyp's; He'll probably see it coming, and strike first. Plus Sidious' mastery over the force is greater.

That is kinda hard to do while hiding behind a jedi.

Vorpal Ruin
Tell that to Mace Windu. Even fully submerged in Vaapad he was still choking on ozone, and Mace Windu>>>>OT Leia with a lightsaber.

Not sure where you're going with that. I said Leia couldn't block the lightening even with a lightsaber.

Fine, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Kyp all walk in and let loose a massive force push to send Sidious flying out the window. Or they all arrive outside in the Falcon and bomb his ass with the biggest bombs the falcons used.

Take that fanboys. stick out tongue

Lord Lucien
@Lucien

Han Solo has been shown to take out armies of stormtroopers without much trouble, so two would go down quite quickly. Interpretation not your forte? I never said Han couldn't drop them, I said their last two seconds of life could prove a useful distraction to Sidious.

Vorpal Ruin

I'm thinking Sidious isn't going to brush aside a force push from Kyp Durron like its nothing. That should give someone else an opening to do something.

How? People can't shoot around or over the people infront of them? People never fire from cover?

Hewhoknowsall
@Lucien

Good point, but couldn't Han Solo's shooting distract Sidious long enough for the jedi to drop him and the stomrtroopers? The stormtroopers might help, but I highly doubt that they'd turn the tide of the battle.

I still don't know who will win though.

Vorpal Ruin
Didn't Kyle Katarn or Valin Horn use Caedus' own troops blasterfire against him? Why wouldn't any of these Jedi Masters be able to do the same thing?

Lord Lucien
@Lucien

Good point, but couldn't Han Solo's shooting distract Sidious long enough for the jedi to drop him and the stomrtroopers? The stormtroopers might help, but I highly doubt that they'd turn the tide of the battle.

I still don't know who will win though. Whereas Sidious' Lightning can target every one in the room, the only thing the arrest part has is either blasters or lightsabers. The Jedi could use the Force to incapacitate the Stormies, but that leaves them wide open to Palpatine. But then the Jedi could deflect the bolts, but that again loses them a precious second. Or, Han could shoot them. The two stormtroopers here are what could assure Sidious' survival. Someone has to drop them, thereby taking away one more thing that could be used to target Sidious.

Hewhoknowsall
@Lucien

Vorpal has a good point: Kyle and Valin used the blasterfire against Caedus, so the same thing could be done against Sidious.

Vorpal Ruin
Whereas Sidious' Lightning can target every one in the room, the only thing the arrest part has is either blasters or lightsabers. The Jedi could use the Force to incapacitate the Stormies, but that leaves them wide open to Palpatine. But then the Jedi could deflect the bolts, but that again loses them a precious second. Or, Han could shoot them. The two stormtroopers here are what could assure Sidious' survival. Someone has to drop them, thereby taking away one more thing that could be used to target Sidious.

Read my above post. The stormtroopers could be the Jedi's assets.

SIDIOUS 66
I'm thinking Sidious isn't going to brush aside a force push from Kyp Durron like its nothing. That should give someone else an opening to do something. I didn't say he could. It depends on who strikes first, and most likely it will be Sidious. You see, Kyp is also going to be concentrated on the stormtroopers, and trying to block their blasts with his lightsaber. Oh, and trying to hide Han. lol

Ummm... You said he is gonna hide from the lightning. The minute he looks around the jedi to aim his shot, he's gone.

Vorpal Ruin
Ummm... You said he is gonna hide from the lightning. The minute he looks around the jedi to aim his shot, he's gone.

Why would he even need to poke his head out if the stormtroopers are inadvertantly helping the Jedi? All he does is sit there behind Obi-Wan or Anakin. He kinda turned into the guy thats there for moral support only. Hell, just let him stay in the hallway.

Hewhoknowsall
Remember guys that this is in ALL of Cloud City, so the area is pretty big.

Lord Lucien
Read my above post. The stormtroopers could be the Jedi's assets. I did read it, but the issue becomes subject to variables at this point. It all depends on just how prepared the team is, Palpatine and his troops are, how fast everyone acts (for example, is the team just gonna come bursting in firing, or is it gonna replay the arrest scene from the film?). Then we have the whole problem of emotions being a factor, and knowledge of each other (a difficult factor, considering we've obviously involved time travel). Then it comes down to who shoots first---the trickiest of 'em all, being as this is purely fanciful.

If the stormtroopers weren't there, I'd say Palpatine is going down for sure. But those few extra seconds of supporting E-11s can provide just the right distraction. Given that Palpatine dropped 3 of Order's the finest swordsman (who were prepared with lit sabers) within 5 seconds, and he's now supported by two extra guns, I'm very tempted to give Palpatine the match.

Hewhoknowsall
@ Lucien

Remember guys that this is in ALL of Cloud City, so the area is pretty big.

And assuming that the arrest squad is smart, they wouldn't bundle up all together and would instead attempt to surround and ambush Sidious, perhaps killing the stormtroopers instantly.

Vorpal Ruin
I did read it, but the issue becomes subject to variables at this point. It all depends on just how prepared the team is, Palpatine and his troops are, how fast everyone acts (for example, is the team just gonna come bursting in firing, or is it gonna replay the arrest scene from the film?). Then we have the whole problem of emotions being a factor, and knowledge of each other (a difficult factor, considering we've obviously involved time travel). Then it comes down to who shoots first---the trickiest of 'em all, being as this is purely fanciful.

If the stormtroopers weren't there, I'd say Palpatine is going down for sure. But those few extra seconds of supporting E-11s can provide just the right distraction. Given that Palpatine dropped 3 of Order's the finest swordsman (who were prepared with lit sabers) within 5 seconds, and he's now supported by two extra guns, I'm very tempted to give Palpatine the match.

Yea, there are a ton of Variables. You have to give the knowledge of each others opponents to Kyps team though, since Kyp and Han have learned a lot about him from the future, and Sidious will know nothing of Leia, Han or Kyp. Having the knowledge they do, they had damn well put together a good plan, and execute it fast. The easiest way for them to win is destroy the building he is in.

Vorpal Ruin
Another decent strategy would be for Obi-Wan and Anakin to come from the main entrance to confront Sidious, while Han, Kyp and Leia come from different access points, surprising and killing the stormtroopers instantly. I'd have Han and Leia together to kill the troops and Kyp from a different angle make his move at the same time.

Lord Lucien
Yea, there are a ton of Variables. You have to give the knowledge of each others opponents to Kyps team though, since Kyp and Han have learned a lot about him from the future, and Sidious will know nothing of Leia, Han or Kyp. Having the knowledge they do, they had damn well put together a good plan, and execute it fast. The easiest way for them to win is destroy the building he is in. Exactly. Superior intel for the win. Sans that though, and Whoopsie!

Hewhoknowsall
Well if the team works together very well and have enough intel then they'd win.

In a straight up fight Sidious probably wins.

Lord Lucien
Definitely. Though in a prepared one-on-one, LoTF Kyp alone would give Sidious a good fight, provided there's no senate pods.

Vorpal Ruin
Definitely. Though in a prepared one-on-one, LoTF Kyp alone would give Sidious a good fight, provided there's no senate pods.

Agreed.

Nephthys
Han has already beaten a superior version of Sidious. He solos. super13

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Han has already beaten a superior version of Sidious. He solos. super13

And Leia (according to the general agreement in that other thread) is stronger/equal to Ben who has beaten a monk (forgot his name) who was stated to be stronger than the leader of the Baran Do (forgot name) who put up a great fight vs Luke who can 100% negate the power of a supermassive black hole, which could suck in the sun crusher which could destroy a star which the death star couldn't do which logically is stronger than Sidious.

Nephthys
http://revistes.upc.es/wiki/images/3/33/Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

I see what you did there.

Hewhoknowsall
And Leia (according to the general agreement in that other thread) is stronger/equal to Ben who has beaten a monk (forgot his name) who was stated to be stronger than the leader of the Baran Do (forgot name) who put up a great fight vs Luke who can 100% negate the power of a supermassive black hole, which could suck in the sun crusher which could destroy a star which the death star couldn't do which logically is stronger than Sidious.

And Anakin beat Dooku who beat Mace Windu who beat Sidious!!!!

Lord Lucien
FedEx here. I have a delivery of Context Sensitive.

kotorfan
Replace Han with LOTF Boba Fett, and Obi-Wan with LOTF Jaina Solo.

Then the Jedi/bounter hunter wins.

Hewhoknowsall
Don't forget guys that this is in ALL of Cloud City plus let's switch out OT Leia for LOTF Leia...if that helps.

kotorfan
Originally posted by Nephthys
He solos. super13

You mean Han Solo(s)

lol

It should help alot, since she can take the two stormies or block force lightning (not sure how effective it would be, since palpy's lightning is like unblockable except by mace, and yoda), but at least could defend Han.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.