Ken Ogawa vs. Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NemeBro
From my experience, Ryu Hayabusa is generally regarded as the strongest gaming ninja, however, I believe the lead protagonist of Ninja Blade has taken that title, and I am not even done with the game yet.

What are your opinions?

For some feats of Ken:

Strength: Has actually stopped a landing airplane by attaching his cord blades to the back and pulling it.

Knocked a large, armored, 20 ton or so monster through a wall with one sword hit.

Kicked a gigantic, 30-40 ton or more armored spider thingy and sent it flying, and then held it back when it rushed him before he killed it.

Speed: Casual bullet-timing.

Actually was able to dodge from like two feet away and caught off-guard a laser AFTER it was fired, and then blocked it when fired again.

Durability: Nothing much yet, but he is able to take blows from large multi-ton creatures pretty easily.

I would say Ryu Hayabusa has more than met his match.

danteiscool
I'm leaning towards Ken ftw.

k1Lla441
ken, dodging a laser is absolutely impressive

Nemesis X
Ken owns. He one hit a building that was being hurled at him and it went flying back to the monster that threw it. Lets see if Ryu can do that.

First_Tsurugi06
I trust that Ken is formidable from what little I've seen of him, but that's the thing, I've only had a chance to see a little of him. I recall that the game supposedley revolves more around cinematic QTEs than God of War, Resident Evil 4/5, and third-party Wii games that make good use of the motion control (No More Heroes, MadWorld) all put together, and I trust that that's where this Ken Ogawa's listed feats are shown. Hell, if not for NG's gameplay style, I'd think most would categorize Ryu Hayabusa closer in league to someone between Altair and SoT Prince.

We've all played NG. Who's got vids of Ogawa?

NemeBro
Well Ryu Hayabusa also has impressive feats in DOA.

I can try to get some Ken feats later.

FeelGood
I want to see feats from both.

Csdabest
I dont know. Ryu casualling bullet times as well and has combat speed comparible to loz and can actually teleport and fight at the same time. So he would indeed rape in speed.

Strength. I definetly have to give to Ken though. From what I seen. i havent played t. But i watched my friend play it while i was...well U.I.

First_Tsurugi06
lol, Ryu and Ken.

I managed to watch a playthrough of Ninja Blade finally. I'll say now that the plane thing was definately pretty impressive, and if anything, I haven't yet seen Ryu utilize anything like Ninja Vision, because if that's applicable here, then I'd have to say it's a pretty useful resource for Ken.

I'm also on the line to say that his feats of agility are far more consisten and impressive than what Ryu seems to do. Best he's ever really done is dive through a window.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Csdabest
I dont know. Ryu casualling bullet times as well and has combat speed comparible to loz and can actually teleport and fight at the same time. So he would indeed rape in speed.

Strength. I definetly have to give to Ken though. From what I seen. i havent played t. But i watched my friend play it while i was...well U.I. Ryu would not rape in speed. At all. Every feat Ryu has in speed, Ken has replicated, and he has a feat of actually dodging a laser.

Ninja Vision...I forgot all about that lol. It basically gives you the Sharingan in terms of combat, allowing you to predict moves.

Csdabest
I dont understand how you got that from ninja vision. And technically. Didnt Ryu hayabusa Dodge lazers from that fat boss in Ninja Gaiden 1.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Csdabest
I dont understand how you got that from ninja vision. And technically. Didnt Ryu hayabusa Dodge lazers from that fat boss in Ninja Gaiden 1. Gameplay the enemies are noticeably much slower. It is either that or time manipulation.

Cannot recall, vid please?

First_Tsurugi06
Time manip is kind of a stretch. I think it's like the whole "Mind's Eye" concept, i.e. those anime esque scenes where someone would do something like close their eyes, entering a relaxed state to better predict the movies coming toward him. Samurai Jack did something like that, yes?

In a fight like this, it might just be gravy, really.

NemeBro
What I said, a form of precog to predict movements of enemies and attacks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.