Wonder Woman w/Gauntlets of Atlas Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Classic Thor. Who wins?

Enyalus
...Diana.

cloud102
Link or BS. big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Link or BS. big grin
Pardon moi?

gogogadgetgo
thor via impregnation

edit: on second thought, wonderwoman via child support

cloud102
Originally posted by Enyalus
Pardon moi?

Joke.

Enyalus
Joke.
I figured that's what you were asking for but wondered why you just didn't say 'scan' instead of link.

Bad you. uhuh Confusing me like that.

manx422
WW

cloud102
big grin BTW, what are some good battles for WW with Gauntlets? I really expected Thor, if he went all out.

Enyalus
big grin BTW, what are some good battles for WW with Gauntlets? I really expected Thor, if he went all out.
Thor could win with BFR. Easily. Don't think he'd do that at least 6/10 though.

Should probably try someone in the trans category. She's...five(?) times stronger than usual with those gauntlets, which would probably put her comfortably over Superman. Plus her tremendous fighting skill and speed. Plus the lasso and tiara as standard equip.

...Or, you could test your luck and put her against Bone Claw Wolverine.

manx422
her strength increases 10 times with gaunlets

Enyalus
Originally posted by manx422
her strength increases 10 times with gaunlets
Possibly. I know that's what Fangirl argued. But it wasn't ever clear if each gauntlet stacked to where it was x5 for each gauntlet, or just x5 total.

vlaaad12345
This scan says ten times and only one gauntlet is being used herehttp://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman111-18.jpgapparently it also increases the users durability,I think a 10x stronger than normal WW could take thor down in a physical fight.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
This scan says ten times and only one gauntlet is being used herehttp://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr138/fangirl102/WonderWoman111-18.jpgapparently it also increases the users durability,I think a 10x stronger than normal WW could take thor down in a physical fight.
Ah, was it 20x that Fangirl used to argue for, then?

But yeah, Thor's only shot is BFR. Which he'd use...just, not every time out of ten fights. Probably no where close to it.

cloud102
BFR? WW can teleport herself.

Enyalus
BFR? WW can teleport herself.
erm Can she? Is that another lasso upgrade?

Rage.Of.Olympus
With the Gauntlets she would most likely put Thor down in a physical fight, although I see no hand to hand only stipulations. In that case I am assuming this is Thor with Mjolnir with his exotic power set.

With said with the two Gauntlets she would probably win in a fist fight, but with all their powers in play, Thor still wins.

cloud102
erm Can she? Is that another lasso upgrade?

Not really an upgrade. I've known she has teleported a while ago. Someone pointed out to me all of the Lasso's abilities. It's pretty impressive.

Warlord
So Wonderwoman is a teleporter now?
Interesting...

Well Thor's versatility can give him the win if he plays smart

Sasaraixx
Not really an upgrade. I've known she has teleported a while ago. Someone pointed out to me all of the Lasso's abilities. It's pretty impressive.

Really? I thought that she needed the Sandals of Hermes in order to teleport. Any scan of that?

And as for this fight, I'd go with WW. The Gauntlets give her the strength she would need to reliably put down Classic Thor. The added durability and the Aegis effect should be all the defense she needs as well.

Warlord
hmmm Wouldn't Thor be able to enter warrior madness and match her stats?

vlaaad12345
I don't think thor has ever willingly entered warrior madness.

Warlord
That's true...I remember an issue when he transmuted himself to an enhanced state. I'll try to find more info.

Anyway if Thor plays smart WW's increased stats won't be enough to give her the majority

Juntai
Wonder Woman wins.

xJLxKing
Wonder Woman. Her strength without the gauntlets already make her just as strong as Thor; If not stronger. With the gauntlets her strength is like 10, or 20 stronger. That amount is way to high for Thor

Warlord
Wonderwoman's strength without the gauntlets >= Thor?

I don't think so

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Warlord
Wonderwoman's strength without the gauntlets >= Thor?

I don't think so
That's your opinion. Her strength rivals that of Superman. Superman's strenght>>>Thor's

Warlord
Originally posted by xJLxKing
That's your opinion. Her strength rivals that of Superman. Superman's strenght>>>Thor's

That's you opinion too

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wonder Woman. Her strength without the gauntlets already make her just as strong as Thor; If not stronger. With the gauntlets her strength is like 10, or 20 stronger. That amount is way to high for Thor

Wonder Woman as strong as Thor without the gauntlets?

Untrue. What do you have to back that statement up?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Superman's strength > Thor's strength?

Again completely untrue. At the best they are comparable in strength.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
I don't think thor has ever willingly entered warrior madness.
He's stated that he could willingly enter that state.

He enters it mid-fight against Maestro. And waaaaay before that, against Him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He's stated that he could willingly enter that state.

He enters it mid-fight against Maestro. And waaaaay before that, against Him.

That fight with Maestro didn't make much sense in my opinion. True Thor did need a power up to hang with Maestro as he was nearly powerless at that time, but if Thor entered Warrior Madness, when and how was he cured? That's one of the questions that has been bothering me.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That fight with Maestro didn't make much sense in my opinion. True Thor did need a power up to hang with Maestro as he was nearly powerless at that time, but if Thor entered Warrior Madness, when and how was he cured? That's one of the questions that has been bothering me.
He went into a berserker state, like he said he could do in the final issue of Thor v1.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's been a while since I read "Hulk #440". Didn't the writer call the berseker state, Warrior Madness? I think that's the confusion/problem with that issue.

The Scribe
Gauntlet of Atlas

The Gauntlet of Atlas greatly magnifies its wearer's strength. However, the wearer must be careful or find themselves in a frenzied state.

A picture of the gauntlet is needed. wink

Enyalus
It's been a while since I read "Hulk #440". Didn't the writer call the berseker state, Warrior Madness? I think that's the confusion/problem with that issue.
I think the confusion is your lack of fanboy love for Genis. crackers

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think the confusion is your lack of fanboy love for Genis. crackers

Concession excepted. biscuits

Spire
WW wins.

Enyalus
Concession excepted. biscuits
Quan, is that you?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Quan, is that you?

I'm "MiniQuan".

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by manx422
her bust size increases 10 times with gaunlets

Wow. WW for the stomp then.

zeel
thor will have to bfr, dont see it happening with the gaunt's she is as powerful (physically) as WM thor and much smarter too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zeel
thor will have to bfr, dont see it happening with the gaunt's she is as powerful (physically) as WM thor and much smarter too.

Thor doesn't have to win through battle field removal. He can put her down, in a number of ways.

Also why don't you see Thor being capable of battle field removal? What do the Gauntlets of Atlas add to Wonder Woman besides additional strength?

Thor can win through battle field removal easily enough.

With the Gauntlets she is not as powerful or as strong, as "Warrior Madness" Thor.

Much smarter? In what sense?

Thor is more experienced than her in combat from what I recall (He not only has his own thousands of years of experience but the experience of every one of his past lives.), and in terms of combat an excellent strategist when he has to be.

cloud102
Like I said before, WW can teleport herself. BFR isn't really an option.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When has she shown she can teleport herself? How far has she teleported herself before?

Thor can teleport her into any part of space, like say an exploding Sun, or a black hole. Hell he can teleport her into other dimensions. He ripped apart the fabric of the Universe and teleported the likes of Ymir and Surtur into the Death Dimension as I recall.

cloud102
She's gone in and out of dimensions with her lasso. I don't know what her limits are, but she has shown many tricks with the Lasso before. In the last WW arc, she has shown another attribute. Showing ones soul or something.

Rage.Of.Olympus
She's gone in and out of dimensions with her lasso. I don't know what her limits are, but she has shown many tricks with the Lasso before. In the last WW arc, she has shown another attribute. Showing ones soul or something.

Scans? I want to know the context of the issues in question. Also what are the issue numbers. I probably have them, and I just forget the instances. It's very late and I'm tired.

It's not something that she did only specifically under certain circumstances, and something she can on the fly, and counter Thor teleporting her into some random dimension that is only a one way trip etc.?

cloud102
Scans? I want to know the context of the issues in question. Also what are the issue numbers. I probably have them, and I just forget the instances. It's very late and I'm tired.

It's not something that she did only specifically under certain circumstances, and something she can on the fly, and counter Thor teleporting her into some random dimension that is only a one way trip etc.?

I don't have them on hand, just something someone pointed out to me a while ago. WW fan pointed out all the things the Lasso can do. It can do much more than just bring out the truth. Also, it's not like WW gets teleported everytime to a random dimension.

Enyalus
I don't have them on hand, just something someone pointed out to me a while ago. WW fan pointed out all the things the Lasso can do.
"Concession accepted." biscuits

cloud102
Well, I'm not the type of poster to keep scans on hand. You should know that by now. big grin

Enyalus
As Socrates would say, "I know nothing."

no expression

cloud102
I'm asking someone who's an expert now. If true, you non believers will see the light.

Enyalus
I'm asking someone who's an expert now. If true, you non believers will see the light.
I'm a true believer, not a non believer.

cloud102
You will be a true believer when I'm done with ya!

Enyalus
You will be a true believer when I'm done with ya!
Under normal circumstances, I'd reply with a witty, perverted comment.

Fortunately for your eyes and sensibilities, you are spared by time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't have them on hand, just something someone pointed out to me a while ago. WW fan pointed out all the things the Lasso can do. It can do much more than just bring out the truth. Also, it's not like WW gets teleported everytime to a random dimension.

"Concession accepted." biscuits

I love replying to posts with other posts. It's make me feel very special inside.

I should probably get that checked out.......

cloud102
WW 145, Diana sent her soul and physical form to another dimension. Oracle was unable to locate her. Looks like she can also transcend time. Traveling back in time in WW 185.

Warlord
Just a question:
A godblast like the one Thor used in Ragnarok isn't enough to take her out?

And WW being smarter than him is nonesence

cloud102
Not that I believe WW is smarter or vice verse, but what evidence shows Thor smarter than WW?

Warlord
Not that I believe WW is smarter or vice verse, but what evidence shows Thor smarter than WW?

There is a common misconception that Thor is a dumb powerhouse or something. Untrue. I don't think there can be a comparison between the 2 of them in terms of battle intelligence. Experience - wise I'd give it to Thor though due to millenia of fighting with giants and magical beings. Again a godblast like the one in Ragnarok could put her down even with the gauntlets IMO

cloud102
Didn't she block the Godwave or something? If Thor is allowed the Godblast, then WW wins by Godwave. wink

Warlord
Didn't she block the Godwave or something? If Thor is allowed the Godblast, then WW wins by Godwave. wink

Isn't the Godblast, a standard ability of Thor?
I don't see how she can block a multidimentional wave of tremendous magical force that was able to vaporize Durok the Demolisher and half of Loki's army

Sasaraixx
There is a common misconception that Thor is a dumb powerhouse or something. Untrue. I don't think there can be a comparison between the 2 of them in terms of battle intelligence. Experience - wise I'd give it to Thor though due to millenia of fighting with giants and magical beings. Again a godblast like the one in Ragnarok could put her down even with the gauntlets IMO

Don't forget that WW also has over a 1000 years of battle experience in addition to her Amazon training. Thor may have more experience but Diana is probably more skilled. It's close in both regards.

I won't argue that she is "smarter" than Thor but I don't think you can argue the opposite either. She has the wisdom of Athena and is one of the best strategists.

The crossed bracers should be able to block the Godblast. She was able to deflect a blast from the entire Greek Pantheon. While WW obviously is not above herald status, her bracers are sky father level (made from Zeus' Aegis shield).

Warlord
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Don't forget that WW also has over a 1000 years of battle experience in addition to her Amazon training. Thor may have more experience but Diana is probably more skilled. It's close in both regards.

I won't argue that she is "smarter" than Thor but I don't think you can argue the opposite either. She has the wisdom of Athena and is one of the best strategists.

The crossed bracers should be able to block the Godblast. She was able to deflect a blast from the entire Greek Pantheon. While WW obviously is not above herald status, her bracers are sky father level (made from Zeus' Aegis shield).

agreed with almost everything. although I don't know if the bracers can block a wide area blast like the godblast. was the Pantheon blast a line shaped attack?

Enyalus
Isn't the Godblast, a standard ability of Thor?
I don't see how she can block a multidimentional wave of tremendous magical force that was able to vaporize Durok the Demolisher and half of Loki's army
That wasn't a Godblast.

zeel
Thor doesn't have to win through battle field removal. He can put her down, in a number of ways.

Also why don't you see Thor being capable of battle field removal? What do the Gauntlets of Atlas add to Wonder Woman besides additional strength?

Thor can win through battle field removal easily enough.

With the Gauntlets she is not as powerful or as strong, as "Warrior Madness" Thor.

Much smarter? In what sense?

Thor is more experienced than her in combat from what I recall (He not only has his own thousands of years of experience but the experience of every one of his past lives.), and in terms of combat an excellent strategist when he has to be.

Becasue she is 10 times stronger this is like spider man trying to match strength with the a pissed off hulk she would break him like a twig. they got to be at least close to the same strength level. The gap is to vast. She gets her hands on him just one time hes toast. Thors has the powers set to beat her, but she physically would manhandle him. nah thor tends to make more mistakes then diana. He at times gets over confident and starts swinging his hands instead of his hammer. Her in combat spedd is better too. Thor vs WW goes to thor. BUt with theses stips.

As WW not being on par with WM thor with the gaunts thats rediculous. The wm is supposed to amp thor by what 10 times his normal strength? And at the eame time his brain shuts off haha. WW with the gaunts amps her strength 10 fold. Standard WW vs standard thor are almost the same physical powerset. Give or take a bit. WM thor would loose to this version of WW let alone a unamped version of thor.

WW ftw i think.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Warlord
That wasn't a Godblast.

that was was a godblast by any account

how can u prove otherwise

Enyalus

He didn't even have his hammer. He also didn't mention anything about releasing his 'godly energies', etc.

And it didn't really look like a godblast.

Warlord
He didn't even have his hammer. He also didn't mention anything about releasing his 'godly energies', etc.

And it didn't really look like a godblast.

it was said to be divine energy floating from insife him and it was powerful enough to vaporize Durok and an amount of the army. what else could it be. Thor is not known to chanel energies without mjolnir...

Rage.Of.Olympus

Is this the instance you are referring too?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor58.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor59.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor60.jpg

It wasn't a God Blast in my opinion.

Warlord
Is this the instance you are referring too?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor58.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor59.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor60.jpg

It wasn't a God Blast in my opinion.

that's the one...
ok if it isn't a godblast, then what is it
seems like a godblast to me guys

Rage.Of.Olympus
that's the one...
ok if it isn't a godblast, then what is it
seems like a godblast to me guys

Simply seems to me like an immensely powerful contained "Omni-Directional" blast with a limited diameter.

Warlord
Simply seems to me like an immensely powerful contained "Omni-Directional" blast with a limited diameter.

True but since Thor is not known to chanel energies without mjolnir I take it's his own divine energies hench a godblast.

whatever it is it might be enough to take WW down

Rage.Of.Olympus
True but since Thor is not known to chanel energies without mjolnir I take it's his own divine energies hench a godblast.

whatever it is it might be enough to take WW down

Thor has shown the ability to channel energy without Mjolnir. Like he said right there, Mjolnir is simply a tool. An impressive tool but a tool nonetheless.

Seeing how powerful and durable Durok is, if Thor grabbed Wonder Woman and did that to her, there wouldn't be enough of her to fit, in a match box.

big grin

Warlord
ok so we agree but we disagree on the term... it could be named a Thorblast...wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lmao. I don't think it's a God Blast. Just an extremely powerful energy blast.

Agree to disagree then. Lol.

Warlord
Lmao. I don't think it's a God Blast. Just an extremely powerful energy blast.

Agree to disagree then. Lol. thumb up

zeel

HandOfFate

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zeel
In terms of power thor wins. If this goes to a physical fight hes gone. Thor can win but he better be careful and if he gets wacked by WW hes done he dont have the ability to take hits from this version of ww. BTW WW is highly resistant to magic and "blunt force" last i check thors hammer was a.............hammer. A blunt force object.

Why doesn't he have the ability to take hits from this version of Wonder Woman? Thor is incredibly durable.

He is durable enough to tank planet destroying shots physically unharmed. His resisted the weight of multiple entire planets. He can withstand the power of an exploding Sun, physically unharmed. His tanked shots from Odin, Galactus, Celestials etc.

He isn't going down in one hit from Wonder Woman. Even with this amp.

Mjolnir is far more than just a hammer. Anyways, last I checked, only her strength increases, not her durability. A blow from Thor with Mjolnir, powerful enough to one shot entire planets, upside her head, and I wonder how Wonder Woman would fare....but like I said, Thor doesn't have to get physical. He has a lot of options going for him. He can, simply place himself in a vortex, making himself untouchable, and drain Wonder Woman's soul/life force etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.