Batman Fanfilm (Title Pending)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Davis Bloome
Me & some friends are making a Batman fanfilm that we hope to start filming next year. I'm creating this thread in an attempt to try to spark some interest.

Just a little tidbit about me: I'm 15, African American, and have no experience acting, or I have a little due to acting out plays in class but nothing major. I'm set to play the Joker in it, and so far I've created a journal full of entries pertaining to his thoughts, which starts pre-Joker, and I'm close to completing a new voice that will be sort of deep, and raspy, compared to Ledger's more high pitched voice.

Lol, it may be hard to believe but even though we're young, we're trying to be as mature and serious about the project as possible because we all want to have fun, but at the same time deliver a movie that fans will love and be able to talk about, so you all don't have to worry about a movie where it's the Adam West era all over.

So, any questions or comments you all have, let me hear it. I've got no problem answering questions or getting criticism, because I know a lot of people may think this will be crap, which we're making sure it won't be.

Oh & I wanted to add that this will end up being on Youtube, we're not selling it, of course, due to the fact we don't want to get sued.

And one last tidbit of information, the guy that I'm working on this with is a fellow member...Bat Dude. So....he'll of course be Batman. stick out tongue

steverules_2
Yes, I recently saw you and him on youtube:

qHv61Sm39ug

shifty

Davis Bloome
Lmao, but seriously, any questions?

steverules_2
When you making it?

Davis Bloome
At the earliest, it may be out by next year, but that's only if we can start filming. At this point I main concern is looking too young, but a lot can change in a year so we'll see.

steverules_2
Do you have a storyline and if so what is it?

Davis Bloome
If you've read "The Killing Joke" the story will have the theme that the Joker supports which is "it only takes one bad day to drive a man insane" and thus his mission is to try to drive both Batman and Harvey Dent insane. The story, will have other themes mixed in, which we are currently working on, but the main theme is the one I described.

In case you're wondering, for my portrayal, I'm trying to go for an intense Joker who, like every incarnation, plays mindgames, and he's always intentionally trying to make people uncomfortable around him. I'm studying different movements that would maybe make people scared, and nothing will be too consistent, because my version is constantly changing himself up (not too much, just as far as mannerisms go).

steverules_2
Will this be the batmobile?

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/5/3/633769612143123995-batman.jpg

shifty

How you doing the costumes? Like batman for instance, his costumes rubber

BruceSkywalker
interesting...

good luck

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
interesting...

Can I play batgirl or catwoman?

shifty

Davis Bloome
Originally posted by steverules_2
Will this be the batmobile?

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/5/3/633769612143123995-batman.jpg

shifty

How you doing the costumes? Like batman for instance, his costumes rubber

Since we'll be able to drive by then, whatever car we have by then, the plan was to try to turn that into the batmobile, and add in the effects digitally.

Well, for Batman's costume it may be hand made or bought and modified, but he's trying as best he can to make it appear like armor, and to just look real.

steverules_2
Won't you need some guys to be henchmen?

Davis Bloome
Yes, we're going to have extras, no doubt about that, but their faces will be covered, so for scenes that some of the main people aren't in, they can be used as the henchman. But we're of course going to find some people to be extras.

Also, we're using the characters of Vicki Vale & Knox (the character from the '89 movie). But all I'm going to say is Dent has a wife, which is public knowledge, especially to the Joker, and the Joker finds out about Dent's past.....

steverules_2
So your kinda doing TDK?

BruceSkywalker
shifty

steven stick out tongue

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
steven stick out tongue

C'mon, admit it...you laughed wink

Davis Bloome
So your kinda doing TDK?

No, in TDK the Joker doesn't know anything about the Joker's past, nor is it implied he had a bad one, but in this one he does.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
No, in TDK the Joker doesn't know anything about the Joker's past, nor is it implied he had a bad one, but in this one he does.

...what?

But still Joker did use Rachael to turn Dent, is that what jokers gonna do here? Because it's something Joker would do

BruceSkywalker
C'mon, admit it...you laughed wink

YEAH

Davis Bloome will their be similarities with others works other than The Killing Joke??

Davis Bloome
Yes, TDK, because he's not exactly permawhite, and also B('89) because characters like Vale & Knox are included, and I also want to take elements from TAS.

Davis Bloome
...what?

But still Joker did use Rachael to turn Dent, is that what jokers gonna do here? Because it's something Joker would do

I'm not going to tell how the plan turns out, but all you need to know is even though something may happen to Dent's wife, the Joker isn't the one who turns in Two-Face, and all I'll hint at is that the Joker will almost be beaten to death at the end of the film....won't reveal why though. big grin

Davis Bloome
Here's a pic of me I just took with the make-up on, which I did myself. Sure, I look a little goofy but who cares? stick out tongue

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg185/JMoney140/pic062009_2.jpg

Bat Dude
Whoa, I saw this thread and was thinking "Someone's stealing my thunder!" Little did I know it was the project I'm involved in... lol

Davis Bloome
Lmao laughing out loud

Exactly how long is this thing supposed to be? I told some peeps an hour and a half, they said it should be longer, and then others said it shouldn't be too long. What about two hours?

Davis Bloome
Hmmm.....I think we're going to be implementing a car crash with the Joker in this, and if possible a few explosions, which may very well have to be digital, but it all depends on how much we learn with CGI programs and the like.

steverules_2
Here's a pic of me I just took with the make-up on, which I did myself. Sure, I look a little goofy but who cares? stick out tongue

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg185/JMoney140/pic062009_2.jpg

Your a very pretty lady

Davis Bloome
Thank you, you know I have to look good for you guys. laughing out loud

Bat Dude
Lmao laughing out loud

Exactly how long is this thing supposed to be? I told some peeps an hour and a half, they said it should be longer, and then others said it shouldn't be too long. What about two hours?

Around there is a good range... We need time to tell a complete story, but we don't want it to drag on...

Davis Bloome
My point exactly. The entire movie needs to be well rounded, and overall a good product that people will enjoy watching.

SnakeEyes
I'll believe this when I see it. Not saying you guys are too young or unintelligent to pull it off, but from what you've said, you've got a small amount of people and little experience.

But I hope you guys actually make it, I'd watch it.

It's just that filmmaking in general is so much harder than anyone thinks. Also, a 2 hour running time is ****ing long for a fan film, I'd recommend shortening it to like 30-45 minutes.

What kind of camera do you plan on using?

Davis Bloome
We have the main people cast, it's just the extras that may be somewhat hard to come by, and we definitely don't want to shorten it to 35-40 minutes. If we shorten it to be anything less than an hour and a half, the whole thing is pointless, because we'd get nothing accomplished storywise.

I'm not sure about the camera yet, everything hasn't been worked out yet, and there's stilla lot we're figuring out, but as soon as I know I'll definitely let you know.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I'll believe this when I see it. Not saying you guys are too young or unintelligent to pull it off, but from what you've said, you've got a small amount of people and little experience.

But I hope you guys actually make it, I'd watch it.

It's just that filmmaking in general is so much harder than anyone thinks. Also, a 2 hour running time is ****ing long for a fan film, I'd recommend shortening it to like 30-45 minutes.

What kind of camera do you plan on using?

Trust me, I understand COMPLETELY where you're coming from. I've personally been told by a few people that 2 hours is too long, and that it should be shortened from 30 minutes to as low as 15 minutes (not gonna happen) I personally like a 90 minute run time...

We're really treating this like a real independent film (nonprofit, of course) If everyone pitches in, we'll have the money to do what we need to to plausibly pull this off. That's why it's so important for us to find people interested in this project (in the main roles, extras don't need to worry about it) Which is why we've already had to recast once.

BruceSkywalker
let us all know when you guys are done.. I look forward to seeing the finished product

Davis Bloome
We're definitely going to have the Youtube link posted on here when it's all done, but for now this thread is basically to build up some sort of hype and to keep anyone interested updated.

steverules_2
Yes...I'm sure it'll be good, you know, you all watch at your house with some pop corn, your all sat your in your underwear...laughing out loud sorry I couldn't resist but yeah i look forward to seeing it

Davis Bloome
I have tons of thoughts rattling around inside my head about the fanfilm, and I'm hoping they look as visually interesting on screen as they do in my head.

Btw, the journal is coming along very nicely, I'm getting deeper and deeper into the character's psychology.

guy222
love to see the finished project

BruceSkywalker
I have tons of thoughts rattling around inside my head about the fanfilm, and I'm hoping they look as visually interesting on screen as they do in my head.

Btw, the journal is coming along very nicely, I'm getting deeper and deeper into the character's psychology.

great to hear.. don't rush out anything .. take your time with it

Davis Bloome
We are, we would've started filming this year but we have no script finished so we'd be rushing everything so we'll start next year after we have all the matrials and the script done.

BruceSkywalker
cool

Davis Bloome
As far as the character portrayals go is there anything you want to throw out there? I know you're a big Batman buff.

Bat Dude
Hey everybody, just posting to say that we're still hard at work on this. It hasn't died (and neither will this thread, if I have anything to say about it)

Davis Bloome
Yep, hopefully a teaser trailer will be coming soon, we're trying to finish it up.

BruceSkywalker
take your time guys.. i look forward to seeing it

Raoul
Just wanted to wish you guys all the best. Many a time i've considered doing a fan film (of x-men, though), only to realise just how big an undertaking it is. I sincerely hope you guys pull it off, and i look forward to seeing it when it's done...

Davis Bloome
Thanks Bruce & Raoul, we appreciate the well wishing, and not to get too off-topic, but I say if you can get the people, and you have the time as well as resources, go for that X-Men fanfilm. You'd definitely have my support for it, and I'd be interested in seeing it.

Btw, I just want to remind you guys that when it's all finished and it's available to watch, recommend some fellow Batman fans to watch it as well. We want to get as many people to see it as possible to get all types of opinions and views on it.

Darth Martin
I'm sure you've seen Dead End. That's what we expect! smile

Davis Bloome
I've seen some of it, but not the whole thing, but I've heard it was pretty great for a fanfilm.

BruceSkywalker
Thanks Bruce & Raoul, we appreciate the well wishing, and not to get too off-topic, but I say if you can get the people, and you have the time as well as resources, go for that X-Men fanfilm. You'd definitely have my support for it, and I'd be interested in seeing it.

Btw, I just want to remind you guys that when it's all finished and it's available to watch, recommend some fellow Batman fans to watch it as well. We want to get as many people to see it as possible to get all types of opinions and views on it.

I will do that.. I know a ton of Batman fans who will watch

Davis Bloome
That's great, thanks a lot Bruce. And I think I'm going to work on the script a lot more tonight, because I want it to be done before this year is over so we're ahead of schedule.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.