I loved Ben Reilly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
The first ever comic I picked up was 11 years ago. A British collected version of the American editions called Astonishing Spider-man #32. It was in the middle of the now infamous Clone Saga. At the time I immediately fell in love with the Clone Saga and (partially cos I think Ben Reilly is one of the greatest characters ever) will defend it despite some terrible flaws. I consequently collected all the back issues and everything since so my collection includes the entire clone saga.

There was a sad pain in my tiny, electric blue, heart that longed for the days of Ben Reilly...........

........Until now.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/060918-Clone-Saga.html

and also........

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090620-ben-reilly.html

Could this be the return of Ben Reilly????????

Thoughts and opinions??????????

Also, whilst the subject is in the air, were there any characters or story lines that you grew up with and love that, upon reflection, don't look so good now?????????

steverules_2
I like him to, I'm hoping he returns and maybe even gets his own comic

The Scribe
Yeah, he's not bad.

That's why I already created this thread
wink

willRules
Originally posted by The Scribe
Yeah, he's not bad.

That's why I already created this thread
wink

Uh....yeah, well......ummmm......my thread is for the purpose of making the distinction between Scarlet Spider and When Ben Reilly officially became Spider-man, in the revamped costume....... embarrasment

........yeah, sure that excuse will do..... stick out tongue

laughing out loud Normally I'd agree to just close my thread, but I guess it can still serve the purpose of talking about Terrible story lines we like.....

Entity
I always loved Ben Reilly and the clone saga as well. So your not alone my friend. wink

Also for someone that hates Superman as much as me I loved the Superman Blue and later the Superman Red Superman Blue story line even more.

willRules
Originally posted by Entity
I always loved Ben Reilly and the clone saga as well. So your not alone my friend. wink

Also for someone that hates Superman as much as me I loved the Superman Blue and later the Superman Red Superman Blue story line even more.

I just picked up Morrison's first 9 issues and first annual on JLA. In one issue it's regular, albeit mulleted, Superman. In the next he's blue, without any reference to the change from Superman's ongoing. Yet, somehow, Morrison just makes it work....

Quick question and I might be asking the wrong person if you don't like Supes, but was he killed by Doomsday before or after the whole Blue/Red thing???? I just assumed he was killed before because I thought Superman with a mullet was post Doomsday killing yes

Entity
Originally posted by willRules
I just picked up Morrison's first 9 issues and first annual on JLA. In one issue it's regular, albeit mulleted, Superman. In the next he's blue, without any reference to the change from Superman's ongoing. Yet, somehow, Morrison just makes it work....

Quick question and I might be asking the wrong person if you don't like Supes, but was he killed by Doomsday before or after the whole Blue/Red thing???? I just assumed he was killed before because I thought Superman with a mullet was post Doomsday killing yes Oh yea the DOS was years before the Superman Blue arch, and the mullet was how he came back after his return.

Contrary to what many Supes fanboys would have you believe I actually collect quite a bit and know a helluva lot about the character.
I see allot of potential in him that unfortunately DC is just rarely to pretty much never willing to exercise due to his great status qua and their fear to challenge that. Superman Blue was one of the great yet rare exceptions.

One that ended far far to quickly IMO

willRules
Originally posted by Entity
Oh yea the DOS was years before the Superman Blue arch, and the mullet was how he came back after his return.

Contrary to what many Supes fanboys would have you believe I actually collect quite a bit and know a helluva lot about the character.
I see allot of potential in him that unfortunately DC is just rarely to pretty much never willing to exercise due to his great status qua and their fear to challenge that. Superman Blue was one of the great yet rare exceptions.

One that ended far far to quickly IMO

Interesting, whilst I would guess that the Superman Red/Blue thing wasn't as controversial as the Clone Saga, yet I'd imagine that there's probably many more Ben Reilly supporters than Blue/Red Supes supporters.....

....but I'm just speculating. I read very little of Superman. yes

Digi
Use the earlier thread in the Spidey forum. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.