Transformers Score review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
I got the score and had a listen, it is the best score so far this year compared to wolverine, star trek and terminator, it has the most variation, but like the others it's only like 45min long!!! but it is the best sounding score for sure just hope the movie will be as good

the fallen
Heed our warning and
nest
are my personal favorites

go here to hear some samples,

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Revenge-Fallen-Motion-Picture/dp/B00297FEUI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1245529128&sr=1-1

If you really want it you can find it on some torrent sites and download the whole thing, but if you like it you have to go buy it.

Scythe
I bought it, it's pretty cool. Wish it were longer but I liked it better than the first.

SnakeEyes
I listened to a few of the sample tracks and don't think it's anything special. I like Star Trek's score better. I also enjoyed the score for Up more than this. These both happen to be by Michael Giacchino.

BruceSkywalker
the score was decent, but i really didn't much attention to it

roughrider
Steve Jablonsky is a good up-and-coming composer. Someone has to do good epic scoring, when John Williams is finally gone.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by roughrider
Steve Jablonsky is a good up-and-coming composer. Someone has to do good epic scoring, when John Williams is finally gone.

Um, Hans Zimmer blows Jablonsky out of the water/is still composing.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Don't forget james newton howard
and howard shore

roughrider
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Hey, nothing against Hans Zimmer; he's a top gun (though his style is getting repetitive, just like James Horner got after a few years.) Just said Jablonsky is good - never heard of him before Transformers.

And yes, other great ones include James Newton Howard, Howard Shore, Thomas Newman, Mychael Danna, Danny Elfman & John Ottman.

From when I was a kid, I always held John Williams & Jerry Goldsmith as the tops in American Cinema. Goldsmith has passed on, and I wonder what we'll do when Williams goes.

SnakeEyes
There's also Nick Cave/Warren Ellis, Ennio Morricone, Philip Glass, Clint Mansell, John Murphy and Jon Brion.

I think we'll be alright.

Jablonsky also did the score for Gears of War 2, it's not bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.