Create ur own saber fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Storm
Can anyone make their own lightsaber fight?

Im hopeless roll eyes (sarcastic)

kotorfan
Thats what the versus forum is for. Check it out sometime..?

You can access it Here

Hewhoknowsall
Actually, I have a LOT of good ones, but I'm too lazy to type them...

Allankles

SAENBR
I really like the way Karpyshyn writes fight scenes, he tells more of a story rather than getting too technical about the different sequences and engagements which seems to be how a lot of the NJO and onwards writers usually describe them.

Eminence
I like a little bit of both. You can't really get a sense of speed and ferocity with a completely technical descriptive style: imagine a blow by blow account of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan.

The Bane duels were good in style, if not necessarily content. Pieces of the RoT melee were annoying.

SAENBR
Yeah the closing battle at the end of RoT was a little bit ridiculous in parts.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
you mean film one and edit in the sabers? yes. I have.

Allankles
Originally posted by kotorfan
Thats what the versus forum is for. Check it out sometime..?

You can access it Here

The vs forum really isn't the place to write up your own saber battle. This is more for EU and failing that a fan fic forum or site.

Red Nemesis
I really like the descriptions in the RotS novel. Stover looks a little deeper (in a pulpy, shallow, irrelevant way) than Karpyshyn does.

Lord Lucien
The RoTS novel is still one of my favorites. That and Cloak of Deception.

kotorfan
I liked RoTS also, and POD/ROT

hopefully DOE as well.

Lord Lucien
The Bane novels seemed kinda hackneyed. Compared to Stover's and CoD's eloquent writing and clever story and dialogue, Karpyshyn's descriptions and random words I've never even heard before (I learned from PoD what horripilation means), it made it all seem kinda forced.

The story was still good though.

Eminence
You make me want to read CoD. I think I might now.

Lord Lucien
Have you never read it? The author sacrificed talking about what's become an excessive use of literary combat, and the incredibly annoying way many of the authors describe the Force and lightsabers (I'm so sick of the "extension of own arm, or body etc." analogy, and the paragraph they spend talking about the experience of using the Force). Cloak of Deception has a decent balance between all that stuff and the political intrigue behind Valorum's image being "mired by baseless accusations of corruption." It's the only SW novel besides the movie novelizations I've read more than once.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Eminence
I like a little bit of both. You can't really get a sense of speed and ferocity with a completely technical descriptive style: imagine a blow by blow account of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan.

I agree completely.

BTW, the General Fiction Area board has a thread soewhat like this. It's called "Star Wars Versus storytime" thread.

Eminence
Yeah, that one used to be in the Versus forum before somedouchetooljerkone moved it.

Hewhoknowsall
@Lucien

LOL yeah...especially in PoD where they talk SO much about the awesomeness of the jedi/sith: they said that the republic elite soldiers were really good because one of them managed to fire off more than one shot before dying vs a sith lord, Kaan said that entire ships and armies are no match for an "army of light" consisting of a few jedi, and that the ground troops vs jedi could serve as nothing more than a brief distraction.

Lord Lucien
Yeah that was another point of discretion in PoD. The big battle for control of the galaxy is essentially left to a few thousand people. And then when Karpyshyn has characters like Kaan and Hoth discussing number on the battlefield like it was statistics in Risk, it really dampens the impact of the final Jedi and Sith war. And in an effort to dispel that notion, the book makes casual reference to "all those other battles happening right now... but they don't matter." Top it off with Hoth and Valenthyne discussing feelings as if Karpy was trying to inject some personality and humanity in to the story, and you're left thinking that the novel had been written by a high schooler.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Eminence
Yeah, that one used to be in the Versus forum before somedouchetooljerkone moved it.

reported.

Captain REX
Duels galore in the Star Wars RPs that Ush runs, and by association the spin-offs of his game that I run.

I too hate that "extension of" analogy. You hear it everywhere, not just in Star Wars. I know that it is meant to be taught that way and that it is meant to be used that way, but it is annoying and overused.

RaidenDeadpool
This story starts with Obi Wan Kenobi tellin Anakin Skywalker about his next mission.

Anakin: But Obi Wan I wanted to go to the Senate and get some power converters!!

Obi Wan: What the??

All of a sudden Emperor in training Palpatine calls the Jedi Temple..

Obi Wan: Hello. Thank you for calling the Jedi Order's Coruscant location. My name is Obi Wan Kenobi. How can I help you today??

Palpatine: Umm is Anakin there??

Obi Wan: Yes. May I ask who's calling?

Palpatine: Yea tell him it's "Sid". He'll know who it is.. ( childish giggle )

Obi Wan: Okay.. Hey Anakin you got a call.

Anakin: HI "SID"! ( childish giggle ) What's up dood??!!

Palpatine: I need you to come by my office. I need to "debrief" you..

Anakin with a shiver hangs up and for some odd reason decides to walk to the Senate.

Palpatine: Hey Anakin!

Anakin: Sup

Dooku: Wut it doo young Skywalker?

Anakin: Holy f/uck a duck!!

Palpatine: Calm down spazz. The time has come for you to take Christopher's place.

Dooku: Your out of character again, McDiarmid..

Palpatine: Oh my bad. Anyways yea you need to kill him because quite frankly he'd kick my ass in saber combat, my success as a Sith is strictly EU, and you have to do it to keep the plot in line.

Anakin: What are you talking about??

Dooku: He's doing what is known as "breaking the fourth wall" Christensen.

Anakin: Huh?

Dooku: God.. Fu/ck it. Let us duel!

Christopher Lee then uses his "awesome" and defies the laws of physics and old age and swiftly kicks Anakin across the room.

Anakin: That hurt old man!

Dooku: Get up you little brat. I wanna go back to England already..

Anakin: I don't wanna!

Yoda: Going on here, fu/ck the what is?

Palpatine: Oh shit we're dead..

Dooku: Piss off muppet!

Yoda: Ooohhh great warrior!

Obi Wan then walks into the room and flips his hair...

Obi Wan: Well hello there!

Palpatine: Dood what the f/cuk is with the reunion??

Windufield: I dare any one of you muthafu/ckaz to say "what" one more damn time!

Jabba: plooda ba donda hoba, Solo..

Windufield: Shut the fuc/k up fat man this isn't any of your damn business...

Obi Wan: Why is Pope Benedict here??

Palpatine: Shut up! I don't look like him! Something, something, something, ~Dark Side~!

Windufield: Enough is enough! I've had it with the muthafu/cin Siths on the muthafu/ckin senate!!

Palpatine: Well you know what they say..

Dooku: McDiarmid if your planning on doing what I think your doin, I'm going to take this Montecristo cigar and burn your vocal chords!

Palpatine: ~Sith happens~...

Red Nemesis
Funny.

RaidenDeadpool
I know it was... no expression

=p

Red Nemesis
It was so funny I forgot to laugh.

RaidenDeadpool
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
It was so funny I forgot to laugh.

Sad thing is that Star Wars is heading to that in terms of ridiculousness...

chilled monkey

Nephthys
Darth Bane would kick Krayts fmaggoty ass. Other than that, I liked it!

Darth Storm
CMOOOON, i asked for written fights, not talking about novels. Make a thread if u wanna talk abut them

Darth Storm
sorry for that lol

chilled monkey

mattatom
Very good read both of them keep it up.

chilled monkey
Thank you.

Incanus
The Bane and Krayt one was not that good though..... good to read, but not good. Thats not even blunt either.

chilled monkey
Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

mattatom
Got any more chilled?

Incanus
Yeah, I would like to read them.

mattatom
LOTF/NJO Luke Vs RoT Bane? That'd be good to see.

Incanus
Well, Luke would win because of, uh, the force god thing.............

mattatom
Originally posted by Incanus
Well, Luke would win because of, uh, the force god thing.............
But Bane has the "WTF 0rb4l1sk5!!!!!!0ne!!!!!!!". He can't lose!

Incanus
Uhhhh, there were, uh, chinks, in the armor, that, uh, a weakling jedi knight could hit...... Bane would give a good fight though. KILL LUKE SKYWALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattatom
Then his wound healed within seconds. He was also outnumbered then by the greatest battlemaster of the time, Farfalla and Johun (Which was stated to not be a hinderance) empowered by Worrorrs (sp?) BM.

Incanus
True. Luke would have to wtf overpower Bane with the force.

mattatom
Then Bane is well renowned to excel at the Force.

Incanus
Uh, yeah, he is. Kinda of obvious considering what he did.............. And the fact that he was like a force of nature...............

mattatom
So we've basically ended up saying this is going to be some awesome fight?

Incanus
Yeah, pretty much.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by mattatom
Got any more chilled?

Yeah, I would like to read them.

Thanks. I have a few other ideas, I'll try and post them soon.

mattatom
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Thanks. I have a few other ideas, I'll try and post them soon.
Cheers.

chilled monkey

mattatom

truejedi

truejedi

chilled monkey
That was brilliant! Well done!

chilled monkey

Incanus
Nice man, keep up the good writing.

Aklis
Was originally supposed to be the beginning of a story about what Revan did in the Unknown Regions. Never wrote more than this. Here goes, though.

Prelude

The man who once was known as Revan, and now as Jacen Carver, stepped through the double durasteel doors, both lightsabers in his belt. Clad in his customary black, loose-fitting leather, he eyed his former apprentice who was staring out through one of the large windows in the room.

"Ah, Revan. I was sure that the droids of the Star Forge would prove better than you," Malak said, turning to face Jacen. "But I was wrong, and soon you'll wish that you were killed by them instead of defeated by me."

"You and what army, Malak?" Jacen scoffed. "Bastila's power was fueled by the Star Forge, and yet I proved the better. I was the stronger of us two before, and I still am."

Malak laughed, his metallic voice bouncing between the walls. "You were strong before the Jedi Council turned you into their puppet. You are only a shell of your former self. I would rather die than be weakened by the Light!"

"Well then, that can be arranged."

Malak's red blade burst out of the hilt, and in one quick motion he leapt down from the platform where he had stood, bringing his lightsaber down at Jacen's head.

Jacen responded by activating his own lightsabers, lifting both of the blue blades above his head to parry his foe's attack. Following his parry up with a swift quick kick to Malak's chest, he sent the unnaturally pale giant sprawling across the floor.

"Get up." With those words, he lifted Malak off the ground using the Force, slamming him down into the floor twice before throwing him into a wall.

Malak, however, rose as if nothing had happened. Activating his saber again, he laughed again.

"I underestimated you, Revan," he said. "But you are still a pathetic weakling compared to the might of a true Sith Lord!"

"Still waiting for proof," the cocky Jacen said, taking a few steps in Malak's direction. "Feel free to back out if you want, though."

Malak, using the Force to push his body to it's limits, was over his former master in the matter of a few seconds, but his lightsaber was deflected by one of Jacen's and soon the other whirring saber was less than an inch from biting into Malak's leg, but it was prevented by a strong blast of the Force that sent Jacen into the wall. He was up on his feet before Malak could attack and came in with a flurry of deadly strikes, keeping Malak at the defense at all times. Thrusting out with one lightsaber against his former apprentice's leg and the other coming at him in a deadly arc towards his pale head, he would've finished it if it weren't for the lightning that sprang from Malak's fingertips.

Jacen clenched the twin sabers in his hands as the jolt blasted him into the wall, and barely managed to cross his own sabers and push Malak's incoming blade to the ground. Raising his leg to deliver a kick powered by the Force, he sent the Sith Lord sprawling across the floor for the second time that battle.

Malak got up on his feet and instead of charging at Jacen, he jumped onto the platform where he had stood before the battle had begun.

"Perhaps you recognize them?" he said, motioning for the large glass-containers that kept the fallen Jedi alive. "Pathetic weaklings from the Academy on Dantooine, who fell by the bombardment." Jacen felt how the weakened Sith Lord used the Force to drain the energy from the closest Jedi, and the body slumped to the ground.

"Stealing energy from others? Can't take me without help?" Jacen taunted. "Poor little boy."

The former Dark Lord had just finished his sentence when Malak came at him furiously. Now it was Malak who forced Jacen to defend himself and not the other way around. Jacen certainly didn't like it.

Jacen backflipped out of reach and rolled forward again, lunging with both lightsabers held in a 'V' as he got up, he effectively regained the advantage for only a moment. That moment, however, proved to be enough to give Malak a burning slash across his forearm. The wound wasn't deep enough to do any severe damage, but it forced Malak back to drain the energy of a second Jedi.

Jacen, however, was soon on him again, coming at Malak's left shoulder in a wide arc with one lightsaber, while letting the second remain in a position where he easily could parry any of the Sith Lord's attacks. Malak parried by angling it so that the tip pointed downwards and raising it to his shoulder.

Stepping to the right, positioning himself by Malak's left shoulder, he slipped the lightsaber in between the unnaturally pale man's own saber and his body. They both knew that Jacen had won.

Letting deadly lightning fly from the fingertips of the hand he didn't use, Jacen soon had Malak laying on the metal floor.

"Im... impossible. I... I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith," Malak spat.

"This is the way of the Dark Side, Malak - all things end in death," Jacen replied, turning his lightsabers off and fastening them to his belt.

"Still... still spouting the wisdom of the Jedi, I see. Maybe there is more truth in their code than I ever believed. I... I cannot help but wonder, Revan. What would have happened had our positions been reversed? What if fate hade decreed I would be captured by the Jedi? Could I have returned to the Light, as you did? If you had not led me down the Dark Path in the first place, what destiny would I have found?" the Sith Lord asked.

"I am sorry I started you on this path. But you chose to continue down it."

"I suppose... I suppose you speak the truth. I alone must accept responsibility for my fate. I wanted to be Master of the Sith and ruler of the galaxy. But that destiny was not mine, Revan. It might have been yours, perhaps... but never mine. And in the end, as darkness takes me... I am nothing."

chilled monkey
Nice man, keep up the good writing.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Aklis: That was really good.

Aklis
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Aklis: That was really good.

Thanks.

chilled monkey

Zampanó
Anakin picked his way across the room, careful not to step on any of the bodies strewn across the floor. They'd all deserved what they got, but now he had to think. Despite clearing the bunker of life, the Separatists were still out there. Nothing was finished, nothing settled. He would have to follow them, taking out the leadership wherever they had hidden themselves. A flashing indicator caught his eye-- the proximity alarm had been triggered, probably by his own ship's landing. He gave it no more attention and sat down to figure out where the real Separatist leaders had gone.

Obi-Wan Kenobi released the controls of his starfighter as the autopilot received instructions from the landing platform. Weary with grief, he tried to center himself for the coming engagement. Master Yoda wasn't having these problems, he was sure. Yoda was the perfect Jedi-- no attachments or doubts at all. Sure, his pain at losing his companions and students had hit him. There was no mistaking the pain in the diminutive Jedi's eyes. But as soon as the Shadow's life had been extinguished, the planning to kill Anakin, no, kill Vader had begun. With cool competence, the Grand Master had delved into the security systems of the battered office to trace the Sith's final victim. Even Master Windu's cloak by the window merited no more than a sigh, seeming exasperation at 60 years of wasted training. Yoda's example was quickly becoming impossible to follow; Kenobi's relationship to Anakin was something he'd come to cherish as much as his connection to the Force.

The two starcraft containing the entirety of the Jedi Order touched down a stone's throw away from an ocean of molten rock. The birth pangs of a planet had been the locus of the war's throes of death. Taking a last deep breath of the controlled atmosphere of his starfighter, Kenobi reluctantly emerged into the blistering heat. Yoda was already waddling through the door, relying on his walking stick to help sustain the weight of the hundreds of years and thousands of deaths on his back.

"Easy to find, Vader will be. Amidst his handiwork he is."
"Master, you are sure that Anakin cannot be redeemed? We could apprehend him, rescue him. He is--"
"Discussed this we have. Exposed, Vader's identity must not be. Destroy hope in the Jedi it would."
"But--"
"Master Kenobi. Master Yoda. So you are the ones they picked. You know this is a suicide mission, right? No real Jedi could stand against me, so what chance do you have?" The cocky confidence in the voice was unmistakable. It was Anakin!
"Anakin! You have to listen to me!"
"You have no right to use that name! You of all people!" His voice quivered with rage, and then changed. "And here I was all set to let you leave alive." Something about him had been perverted. His voice, formerly as earnest as ever during the War, had acquired a slightly sneering condescension. His back was straight, as though in defiance of their judgment. His lightsaber's hilt, suddenly bleeding blue fire, was flecked with blood.

Kenobi paled. His lungs no longer seemed to be working. His feet were beginning to lift off the floor, and his curiously constricted heartbeat thudded in his ears. Just before the idea of a fracture first occurred to his ribs, a flash of green blew past him to become a tornado around Ani-- Vader. The unearthly grip instantly abated and Obi-Wan was dropped to his knees. Blood rushed back to his brain, and his thinking accelerated to the inhuman speeds a fight between Force users necessitates.

The portal to the command room, built to withstand the sustained assault of hundreds of Clone Troopers' fire, was buckling under the heat released by the two lightsabers' clash. Vader had planted himself just beyond the doorway, and had not yet allowed Yoda to slip past him into the more open floorspace behind. From this position he could rain down blows onto the ancient Jedi, leaving very little room to dodge. The tiny body quivered each time Yoda was forced to block a strike directly. This arrangement lasted nearly six seconds, an eternity of bladework. In this interval of impasse, two dozen killing blows were exchanged, not one of which connected. The green bar looked more like a fan than a blade, and Vader's own blue fire struck again and again like a jackhammer. Yoda would strike three, four, even five times before actually committing to an attack, drawing Anakin's blade away from attack with any trickery imaginable. The Force allowed mid-air acrobatics unrivaled by any performer, and countered itself with bone-shattering blows batting the green whirlwind out of the air.

Vader finally connected, initiating a saber lock while Yoda was still in mid-air. With the Force already levitating him, the old Master was forced to meet Vader's physical strength with his own. The frail form ricocheted toward the wall and fell in a slump. From his vantage point halfway across the hall, Kenobi could see the Sith prepare to cleave his enemy in two. The Force knotted as Vader bent it to his will and flew to land the killing blow. His third bar of plasma intercepted it just before green flesh met blue fire. Now the dual-chromatic dance of first contact was replaced with a cacophony of aquamarine conflict. Each strike met the impenetrable defense of a Jedi, each counter served only to forestall another attack. The two companions, warriors of a doomed empire, halves of a fighting whole could no more destroy one another than a shadow can escape its caster. Kenobi angled himself to protect Yoda, forcing Anakin to try to reach past him for the kill. Each sizzling slice found itself redirected into open air or snagged and caught on the bulkhead behind. Finally the creature took half a step back, no longer vader on the offensive but Anakin, lost and confused. "You fight just like him, but how can you?" Behind the human Jedi, the green one was rising to its feet.

"I can't believe how closely we're matched. But no impostor will be able to block this!" Anakin, not Vader, thrust his lightsaber dangerously close to Kenobi's skull, only to have it deflected yet again. Along with the plasma came his mechanical hand, letting the hilt tumble out of its grip and replacing it with Kenobi's neck. Mechanical motors are a lot easier to usurp than those biological, and a trademark quirk in the Force saw the bionic grip slip. Flinching as the feedback traveled through his arm and into his nervous system, Anakin-no-longer-Vader saw something utterly unexpected: A blue bar locked with a green one. Suddenly his old Master had returned, replacing the impostor that, despite an exact physical resemblance, had not been his mentor. The impostor posing as Yoda immediately spun into a flurry of strikes, high and low, powerful and feints, to dispatch its former servant. Now, though, the two pillars of fire fell into their practiced forms and redrew battle lines. Where before the only Jedi not replaced by a fiendish conspiracy had to fight against two impostors, Anakin Skywalker was joined by a liberated ally and friend against the green menace.

Zampanó
For his part, Kenobi had seen a bizarre transformation come across the beings in the hallway. Yoda, though ostensibly the same mischievous, grizzled visage of age, had changed, perhaps imperceptibly, into an impostor the likes of whose insidious plans the Galaxy could only tremble at. Surely this fiend was behind the deaths of every Jedi in the Galaxy. Every Jedi except Anakin, who was clearly not a Sith-- never that. Only the last bastion of sanity left of the Order. Kenobi saw this change and accepted it instantly. His eyes had been shut by some mysterious power, and only now in the presence of someone somehow inoculated against his insanity could he shrug it off. Not-Yoda seemed to be as powerful as ever, and it was up to Kenobi to prevent the Chosen One from falling to this last test. It was this conviction that met every feint, every deceptively straightforward movement of the demon's lightsaber. He was not only fighting to protect his friend, but to purge his Order of the impostors he had not discovered in time.

The two heroes, the last sane Jedi, fought side by side against a whirlwind of destruction. As one staggered under the onslaught the green imp could muster the other stepped in and drew its attention away. When Kenobi was threatened by a Force-based misstep Anakin could draw the "Grandmaster" away, if only for a moment. Dancing between and through each others' blades, the Jedi fought. The bunker could not contain the fury of the confrontation so the fight moved to where more rocks could be accelerated, more footing upended and more options made available. It was on the shores of the fiery ocean that the impostor finally met his end. Exhausted from drawing on the Force to bring his body up to speed and exhausted from fighting power to power against the individual strongest with the Force in the Jedi Order's history, the tiny body simply slowed down. Where before his strikes were blinding, they became swift. Where before his acrobatics were impossible, they became merely gravity-defying. His years and strength, his prestige and wisdom, to say nothing of the centuries spent training and teaching, became nothing as the Force slipped away. Tantalizingly close as he came nearer and nearer to becoming one with it, his grip and ability to change the physical world poured out of him. The Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, impostor, teacher, was simply less than two supercharged Jedi operating at the prime of their life, fighting for truth.

He fell quietly, at the end. A strike was seized with the Force and drawn beyond his reach. The momentum, added by the Force directed by the youngest, most powerful individual of his age, disrupted the precognitively mapped sequence of moves. An arc over Kenobi's head turned into a somersault, while his lightsaber turned completely the wrong direction. Fire met flesh and the impostor's foot was sundered. Collapsing in a heap on the ground, only the very beginning of a whimper was heard before two glowing bars of plasma pierced his body.

"Master, we have to talk to the one that replaced Padme. I have to know what they've done with the woman I married. No matter what it takes, I'll find the real her."

I feel like I used a lot of "they fight" in this. Anyway, Caedus could flow-walk, right? What if the contagion spread then, too? (I've only read as far as Dathomir, so I don't know how they've rationalized the insanity. Sorry if that aspect is inaccurate.)

truejedi
Abeloth strikes again?

Zampanó
Originally posted by truejedi
Abeloth strikes again?
precisely

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.