Moff Kalast vs. Dellis Tantor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FE Expert
Instead of starting a debate where only one side's sole source is gameplay mechanics of a single game, this time around, BOTH characters in play have only their source's respective gameplay mechanics as far as sources are concerned.

However, different game-sources may lead to different ends, since one cannot test his/her theory in the game as you would when both characters have only the gameplay mechanics of the same game.

Setting: The twin cities of Peche and Thennes (the capital of Krant).

Moff Kalast's only source is Empire at War while Dellis' sole source is Force Commander.

Elite Hunter
We don't debate here using gameplay mechanics at all...

kotorfan
exactly. They have to be in some sort of canon media, (wookiepedia, novelization, game CUT SCENES of the canon path, movies)

Eminence

kotorfan
i meant that they had to have a canon appearance and referred to as canon material.

Ex: Lets say in TFU, Vader was killed on the first level by a wookie. This is obviously possible depending on how skilled one is, but Vader is never referenced by wookiepedia to be killed by a wookie. Therefore it isn't canon.

w/e it doesn't need to be explained. I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

FE Expert
Debating using only gameplay mechanics is easier and harder at the same time. It's easier to decide a winner if done properly, but it's harder since you have to cross-compare the game mechanics if you take characters of two distinct games.

And also it's easy to fall into the traps that cross-comparison entails. The only debate where the sources of both sides were only gameplay mechanics that I did argue through the end was resolved through a trap I have fallen into.

Eminence
Originally posted by kotorfan
i meant that they had to have a canon appearance and referred to as canon material.

Ex: Lets say in TFU, Vader was killed on the first level by a wookie. This is obviously possible depending on how skilled one is, but Vader is never referenced by wookiepedia to be killed by a wookie. Therefore it isn't canon.

w/e it doesn't need to be explained. I'm sure everyone knows what I mean. The "..." wasn't directed at you, it was directed at this thread. I don't understand how someone could take "game mechanics aren't reliable or canon" to mean "you can use two characters who only have the backing of game mechanics." It boggles the mind.

Vorpal Ruin
Mace solos.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Eminence

Lord Lucien

kotorfan
apparently FE didn't read the readme...

well I'm positive something like this was in the readme but not sure

found it:

Slash_KMC

Eminence

Vorpal Ruin

mattatom
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin

Red Nemesis

kotorfan
lol.. I guess:

Originally posted by Red Nemesis

Janus Marius

FE Expert
One common method to scale the strength of a character whose skill is demonstrated only in game mechanics requires that, in gameplay, it has to fight another character who gets canon-path cutscenes in the same game.

From the strength the character's opponent has in the cutscene you could scale as to how strong it is using the game mechanics. When debating with game mechanics only (from different games, of course) don't take the stats directly.

Maybe Dellis Tantor or Moff Kalast got canonical-path cutscenes in their respective games where they fought; I haven't played Empire at War or Force Commander until the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.