Doctor light vs Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

Kris Blaze
Doctor Light's control over "light" can apparently override Wonder Girl's lasso and Green lantern constructs.

carver9
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Doctor Light's control over "light" can apparently override Wonder Girl's lasso and Green lantern constructs.

What does that have to do with vulcan?

Raoul
Originally posted by carver9
What does that have to do with vulcan?

it means vulcan's f*cked.

also, shame on you for not specifying which doctor light it was.

carver9
Originally posted by Raoul
it means vulcan's f*cked.

also, shame on you for not specifying which doctor light it was.

Whats the difference in power, ok, I'll use the male version of doctor light since the current one seems much weaker.

Raoul
Whats the difference in power, ok, I'll use the male version of doctor light since the current one seems much weaker.

they're different characters. complely different people. you're supposed to specify.

either light massacres vulcan, though.

occultdestroyer
Doctor Light RAPES

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Doctor Light RAPES

Enyalus
erm

I get the bias, guys. Vulcan sucks as a character.

He'd still beat either Doctor Light, though. Credit where its due.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Enyalus
erm

"Where it's due"

The Scribe
I'm going with Vulcan. big grin

I don't like what DC did in Identity Crisis.
I'm not going to consider it canon. stick out tongue

Enyalus
"Where it's due"
Vulcan controls the entire electromagnetic spectrum...as well as apparently spiritual energy and magical energies. And has metallic manipulation abilities, minor telekinetic and telepathic abilities, and can flat turn off other people's metahuman abilities.

He's far more versatile. And his energy blasts are more powerful.

He sucks. But he wins here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When has Vulcan shown that he controls the entire electromagnetic spectrum? Metallic manipulation abilities? What does that mean?

When has he shown telepathic or telekinetic powers?

When has he ever turned off, a metahuman's powers post Genesis? His never shown to do it on his own.

Also, that magic is just energy thing was stupid.

What do you mean he controls spiritual energy?

Damn, a lot of questions.

Allankles
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Also, that magic is just energy thing was stupid.

Damn, a lot of questions.

Yeah I couldn't believe that "I energy manip, that means I manip magic." laughing out loud

Enyalus
When has Vulcan shown that he controls the entire electromagnetic spectrum? Metallic manipulation abilities? What does that mean?
Deadly Genesis. Metallic manipulation abilities as in...he controls metal. Kind of like Magneto. But obviously to a lesser extent. Also in Genesis.

When has he shown telepathic or telekinetic powers?
See above.

When has he ever turned off, a metahuman's powers post Genesis? His never shown to do it on his own.
That was on his own. None of his teammates had that ability. It was Vulcan.

I didn't know what else to call it.

He cuts off the Elder's power, which was being channeled to him by his entire race. I would assume it was done spiritually. This was during RAFOTSE I think.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Deadly Genesis. Metallic manipulation abilities as in...he controls metal. Kind of like Magneto. But obviously to a lesser extent. Also in Genesis.

See above.

Just because one can control metal doesn't mean one has complete control over the electromagnetic spectrum.

That aside, all those things you mentioned happened during Deadly Genesis. He never once showed those abilities post Deadly Genesis. There is a reason for that. Can you guess what it is?

It might be a combination of his team mates powers, or him simply using Darwin's abilities with a greater degree of control etc. but post, Deadly Genesis, he has never showed telekinetic, telepathic, or metallic manipulation from what I recall.

He never showed those abilities before he got his team mates powers and after he lost his team mates powers.

That was on his own. None of his teammates had that ability. It was Vulcan.

Show me him doing it once before, Genesis, and after Genesis.

Vulcan has never shown that ability on his own. Like I said, it might be a combination of their powers with his, or him using them to new levels, but he has never done so without having his team mates powers.

I didn't know what else to call it.

He cuts off the Elder's power, which was being channeled to him by his entire race. I would assume it was done spiritually. This was during RAFOTSE I think.

It could have been done physically.

You're right it did happen during the "Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire".

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Allankles
Yeah I couldn't believe that "I energy manip, that means I manip magic." laughing out loud

laughing

I was like what the hell? That was stupid.

Enyalus
Just because one can control metal doesn't mean one has complete control over the electromagnetic spectrum.
I'm pretty sure he says it during Deadly Genesis. And if he doesn't, the whole, "Magic's just energy. And I manipulate all energy" thing should do it.

It might be a combination of his team mates powers, or him simply using Darwin's abilities with a greater degree of control etc. but post, Deadly Genesis, he has never showed telekinetic, telepathic, or metallic manipulation from what I recall.
He was manipulating the electrical impulses in people's brains to simulate telepathy. Kind of like what DC's Triumph was doing in order to mind rape his teammates.

He never showed those abilities before he got his team mates powers and after he lost his team mates powers.

Show me him doing it once before, Genesis, and after Genesis.
lol....Vulcan didn't exist as a character before Genesis.

It could have been done physically.

You're right it did happen during the "Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire".
All I know is that the Elder was powered by the telepathic or spiritual backing of his entire race. Vulcan was able to see where the energy was coming from, and cut him off from it.

Vulcan's shown the ability to manipulate more kinds of energy than Dr. Light has. And has a higher energy output. He wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Enyalus I'm pretty sure he says it during Deadly Genesis. And if he doesn't, the whole, "Magic's just energy. And I manipulate all energy" thing should do it.

I don't recall that, and I'm to lazy to look for it. Do you have a scan or the issue number?

That was not only stupid, but the energy statement can just be hyperbole. As we have seen, Vulcan has clear limits to the amount of energy and the type of energy he can manipulate.

Also, if he was so adept at controlling the electromagnetic spectrum, Polaris wouldn't have done what she did to him.

He fancies himself a god.

Originally posted by Enyalus He was manipulating the electrical impulses in people's brains to simulate telepathy. Kind of like what DC's Triumph was doing in order to mind rape his teammates.

You said telepathy, but I get what you're saying. He should potentially be capable of doing this on his own.

Originally posted by Enyalus lol....Vulcan didn't exist as a character before Genesis.

Bad phrasing on my part. I meant before he got his team mates powers in Genesis, and after he lost his team mates powers in Genesis and so on.

Originally posted by Enyalus All I know is that the Elder was powered by the telepathic or spiritual backing of his entire race. Vulcan was able to see where the energy was coming from, and cut him off from it.

It doesn't have to be telepathic or spiritual. Just saying.....

Originally posted by Enyalus Vulcan's shown the ability to manipulate more kinds of energy than Dr. Light has. And has a higher energy output. He wins.

He is more versatile, but I don't know about being more powerful.

Although I do believe Vulcan wins this fight, depending on the Dr. Light.

KingD19
He has also shown the ability to siphon or straight out manipulate the energy of others, while they're using it. When he fought the Imperial Guard. So Light loses here.

Enyalus
Originally posted by KingD19
He has also shown the ability to siphon or straight out manipulate the energy of others, while they're using it. When he fought the Imperial Guard. So Light loses here.
...I wanted to mention that in my first post, and then forgot it.

embarrasment

Kris Blaze
Vulcan controls the entire electromagnetic spectrum...as well as apparently spiritual energy and magical energies. And has metallic manipulation abilities, minor telekinetic and telepathic abilities, and can flat turn off other people's metahuman abilities.

He's far more versatile. And his energy blasts are more powerful.

He sucks. But he wins here.

More powerful?

Dr.Light took down Superman, he took out Connor Kent with a single blast. You know who failed to take out Connor Kent with a single blast? Superboy Prime, that's who. Fighting the x-men and the imperial cannon fodder, that's mighty impressive. Unfortunately his energy blasts could not even AFFECT Gladiator and he got fukcing destroyed.

Now, I'm guessing you haven't read a single thing with Dr.Light. Maybed saw him in Final Crisis? He took control over a magical weapon made by ARES!

What kind of energies Vulcan can control doesn't matter and he can't turn off people's powers. Good luck finding an incident where he turns off someone's power. If you're going to bring up the elder, I'll fukcing laugh.

Enyalus
More powerful?

Dr.Light took down Superman, he took out Connor Kent with a single blast.
Because he used solar energy/light manipulation to do it...

Plenty of people have thrashed Conner. Hell, Batgirl's one-shotted a monster that was kicking Conner's ass.

Unfortunately his energy blasts could not even AFFECT Gladiator and he got fukcing destroyed.
That was pretty obvious why Gladiator wasn't effected. It even explained it on panel. And its something Gladiator had never done before and hasn't done since.

He also managed to hurt The Elder, who snapped Gladiator's arm like nothing and was slapping around Vulcan, amped Havok and Gladiator at the same time. After taking out the Guard.

Now, I'm guessing you haven't read a single thing with Dr.Light. Maybed saw him in Final Crisis? He took control over a magical weapon made by ARES!
I've read some of his appearances. I don't read the Titans, though. I did read all of Final Crisis and the tie-ins. Dr. Light was killed in the first issue of FC: Revelations (?), wasn't he?

What kind of energies Vulcan can control doesn't matter and he can't turn off people's powers.
He did so to Cyclops and Rachel. He cut off The Elder's power. And he manipulated the power that Neutron stole from him, even when it was no longer in his possession.

KingD19
Actually, Gladiator did his usual, invincible as long as I'm confident thing, except it was amped for the plot.

Kris Blaze

Because he used solar energy/light manipulation to do it...

Plenty of people have thrashed Conner. Hell, Batgirl's one-shotted a monster that was kicking Conner's ass.

Some incorrectness there.

- Dr.Light shot Superman. Light blast. A blast, an attack.
- You failed to bring up anyone who has trashed Conner or one-shotted him.

That was pretty obvious why Gladiator wasn't effected. It even explained it on panel. And its something Gladiator had never done before and hasn't done since.

He also managed to hurt The Elder, who snapped Gladiator's arm like nothing and was slapping around Vulcan, amped Havok and Gladiator at the same time. After taking out the Guard.

- It was obvious to rest of us, yes. Gladiator's durability. You and Carver think that he developed a new ability to REFLECT ENERGY OFF HIS SHINY SUIT. The rest of us, quanchi not included, understood that Gladiator's durability is just like the rest of his belief driven powers and that Vulcan was not strong enough to harm him.

- Vulcan hurt him and was getting his ass kicked by him. Okay, that's cool and it's not really a feat. Dr.Light doesn't draw his power from an external source, he can't shut out his powers like that. The scenario can't be replicated here.

I've read some of his appearances. I don't read the Titans, though. I did read all of Final Crisis and the tie-ins. Dr. Light was killed in the first issue of FC: Revelations (?), wasn't he?

If you're going to try and debate any of the characters here, read up on them. I've read all the comics involving Vulcan and Dr. Light. It's not difficult, since they all have very few appearances. And their respect threads are decent enough to offer anyone who has not, an insight into their powers.

And yes, he was killed by the Spectre.

He did so to Cyclops and Rachel. He cut off The Elder's power. And he manipulated the power that Neutron stole from him, even when it was no longer in his possession.

- Cyclops and Rachel are mutants. Dr. Light is not.
- The Elder draws on an external power source. Dr. Light does not.
- Neutron stole his power from Vulcan, Dr. Light does not need to.

Once again, how are these feats applicable in a fight here?

It'll be a blast off. They can both control energy and the limitations seem to be awfully vague. Dr. Light can control anything that radiates light apparently, and Vulcan can control almost anything. They both have histories of overriding someone else's control over their own powers.

How you think that bringing up events that cannot be replicated in this scenario will help Vulcan's case, is beyond me.

Hebedebelumpe
Vulcan wins easily.

Enyalus
Some incorrectness there.

- Dr.Light shot Superman. Light blast. A blast, an attack.
- You failed to bring up anyone who has trashed Conner or one-shotted him.

If you're referring to the JLA Injustice Society arc thing...Raoul won't like you.

Gog in AC 813 (around there), and a slug-type creature in Batgirl 41.

.....Also, pocket-universe Superboy in Superboy 8 (or 9?). embarrasment But, I don't blame him for that.

- It was obvious to rest of us, yes. Gladiator's durability. You and Carver think that he developed a new ability to REFLECT ENERGY OFF HIS SHINY SUIT. The rest of us, quanchi not included, understood that Gladiator's durability is just like the rest of his belief driven powers and that Vulcan was not strong enough to harm him.
Gladiator literally 'believed' himself untouchable...clearly amping his already high durability. To my knowledge, that's never happened before. But we do know his stats vary based upon confidence, and apparently in that issue....

...it was a plot device.

- Vulcan hurt him and was getting his ass kicked by him. Okay, that's cool and it's not really a feat.
Was just pointing out the level of power output.

- Cyclops and Rachel are mutants. Dr. Light is not.
He did that by manipulating the electrical impulses in their brains, I think. Unless he has the ability to shut off x-genes temporarily, which...probably isn't true.
- The Elder draws on an external power source. Dr. Light does not.
I only used that example to demonstrate the various types of energy Vulcan can manipulate. It was some sort of exotic energy. Spiritual or psionic.
- Neutron stole his power from Vulcan, Dr. Light does not need to.
Again, that was brought up to just show that he doesn't need to actually be in physical possession of his power in order to control it. If anyone (I'm not sure if you do or not) thinks that Dr. Light would be able to manipulate or drain Vulcan's powers....see the Neutron example for how that would end up.

And Neutron was once the Protector of the Universe. He's a top tier energy manipulator in his own right.

It'll be a blast off. They can both control energy and the limitations seem to be awfully vague. Dr. Light can control anything that radiates light apparently, and Vulcan can control almost anything. They both have histories of overriding someone else's control over their own powers.
Yes, and the responses prior to my original post made it seem like a wash in favor of Dr. Light. That's not the case at all.

Kris Blaze
Okay, I got all the intentions of your post wrong.

Enyalus
Okay, I got all the intentions of your post wrong.
sad Sorry.

So you've read all Dr. Light's and Vulcan's appearances and thinks Arthur wins?

...He is a much cooler character. big grin

Kris Blaze
sad Sorry.

So you've read all Dr. Light's and Vulcan's appearances and thinks Arthur wins?

...He is a much cooler character. big grin

Please, stop using several enter-spaces between your sentences, one is plenty D:

And yes, I have and believe he wins. The times he is beaten it seems to be from something odd, like how he was beaten by Cyborg in the end. He was still physically capable of fighting, he just gave up. Probably because he was trying to prove something.

Raoul
erm

it's not bias. arthur light is a scumbag, so... confused

D_Dude1210
If you ask me, the artist made a mistake at depicting how Vulcan and Gladiator interacted in that fight. It sometimes happens in comics. The way the writer wrote it, Gladiator was supposed to be "untouchable" not "unhurtable". Vulcan shoulda said "Why can't I harm you?" or something.

The way I see it, the writer wanted to show Gladiator using his speed to avoid Vulcan's blast (therefore being "untouchable"wink, not use his use his durability to simply tank the blasts.

I unno, that's just me.

Anyway, Vulcan wins. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator literally 'believed' himself untouchable...clearly amping his already high durability. To my knowledge, that's never happened before. But we do know his stats vary based upon confidence, and apparently in that issue....

...it was a plot device.

That seemed like the old school Gladiator that I know and love. His abilities are based on believe and confidence. As long as he remains confident, and believes in accomplishing his task, his power increases etc.

This was brought up on different occasions as I recall. His confidence is his greatest weakness as if it falters, he loses power, but it's also his greatest weapon. The more confident he is, the more powerful he is. That's the way I understand it.

Enyalus
That seemed like the old school Gladiator that I know and love. His abilities are based on believe and confidence. As long as he remains confident, and believes in accomplishing his task, his power increases etc.
Fo shizzy.

Charmander
it's not bias. arthur light is a scumbag, so... confused

How is Dr. Light anything but a legend?

carver9

This was brought up on different occasions as I recall. His confidence is his greatest weakness as if it falters, he loses power, but it's also his greatest weapon. The more confident he is, the more powerful he is. That's the way I understand it.

Yep, that is how he's suppose to be and recently thats how he's been presented, especially with his showing against the nova corpse.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fo shizzy.

Yay! A Gladiator fan. My life is complete.....

eek!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yep, that is how he's suppose to be and recently thats how he's been presented, especially with his showing against the nova corpse.

thumb up

carver9
n/a

D_Dude1210
I still say the artist depicted it wrong, he shoulda been dodging and not tanking. Why in the world would Vulcan say "Why can't I touch you?".

Rage.Of.Olympus
^You're nitpicking in my opinion.

Lord Feron
Light has more expience and seems fairly powerful.

But it's is well within Vulcan's power set to manipulate Light's powers.

Kinda like Vulcan v.s. MAgneto...

I give it to Dr. Light

D_Dude1210
^You're nitpicking in my opinion.

Not nitpicking. I just think it makes more sense that way. ;P Not saying Glad can't tank Vulcan's attacks, just saying that I don't get the choice of words. ^_^

Lord Feron
Unfortunately his energy blasts could not even AFFECT Gladiator and he got fukcing destroyed.

Do you know how Gladiator Powers worK? If you do, lets just pretend you didn't write what you just did .

Anyway your posts is full of biased and kind of irritating.

In the end I do think Light could win but not based on who is more powerful, it's just maybe DL can win via experience which is his only hope.

complexbrother
I believe Dr. light has more experience and would keep his cool in the heart of battle, Vulcan is more powerful but not enough focus to win this fight.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Do you know how Gladiator Powers worK? If you do, lets just pretend you didn't write what you just did .

Anyway your posts is full of biased and kind of irritating.

In the end I do think Light could win but not based on who is more powerful, it's just maybe DL can win via experience which is his only hope.

Your idiocy is irritating. You're claiming Vulcan could control Dr. Light's power, but that works both ways.

How do you think Gladiator's powers work? I said that Vulcan's energy blasts could not affect him, which was the case. Care to elaborate what you think happened? Or are you gonna sit there like a fukcing idiot and stop trying to put Vulcan on levels he's not even close to?

Dr. Light can easily overpower the Teen Titans, but not Vulcan? LMFAO.

Raoul
Originally posted by Charmander
How is Dr. Light anything but a legend?

ha.

no, but seriously. even if he is a legend, it's not exactly for the right reasons.

Your idiocy is irritating. You're claiming Vulcan could control Dr. Light's power, but that works both ways.

How do you think Gladiator's powers work? I said that Vulcan's energy blasts could not affect him, which was the case. Care to elaborate what you think happened? Or are you gonna sit there like a fukcing idiot and stop trying to put Vulcan on levels he's not even close to?

calm down kris. stick out tongue

light still has the higher feats. awesome

jasofisc
so one time in dr. light entire carreer does he do anything impresive and he's suppose to be a high tier level energy manipulator. I call bs. Vulcan would wreck light. One vulcan can absorb energy to a much higher degree. yes doc did manipulate superboy's heat vision then wonder girl's lightning from her rope. how does that compare to absorbing all of the magic out of adam warlock. i know that at least superboy had plenty solar power in reserve. the only reason vulcan could not beat glads is 1 how glads powers work and glads level of durability. Also vulcan's blast did effect glads just didn't put him down. he knocked him back a couple of times. so any way dr. light took out the teen titans vulcan's took down the x-men and the imperal guard except for glads.

jasofisc
what are lights higher feats unless where talking about the female dr. light. then i could see if where talking about pre-crisis female dr. light

jasofisc
also if were going to be all concerned with both of their durability one was taken out but a high level tier punching them in the face (while he was in a powerful rage) and the other by a mace swung by elongated man. to be honest though i'm a little bias since i think Doctor light is a raping pscyopath and deserved to be skined alive by hal.

Philosophía
Light.

He's more powerfull.

The Scribe
Vulcan
Omega-level mutant,
Omega-level energy manipulating and absorbing capabilities, has shown he is capable of possessing high-level psionic abilities

Vulcan is a mutant with the ability to manipulate unlimited amounts of energy. In addition to traditional energies of the electromagnetic spectrum Vulcan has displayed control over exotic energies such as Cyclops' optic blasts and magical energy.

He has used his powers to produce light, heat, force, and electricity, as well as warp or disable unlimited amounts/kinds of existing energy sources, tap into and suppress mutant energies, survive in the vacuum of space, and fly. Outside a planetary atmosphere his flight speed can even reach near the speed of light. He is able to go without food by directly absorbing energy for a long time. He can manipulate electricity within a person's brain. He can also use the powers of others by manipulating the energy in their brain.

The Doctor's light would be turned off. eek!

Raoul
Omega is potential, nothing more. It's not a scale of power.

The Scribe
Omega is potential, nothing more. It's not a scale of power.

But, he is one and has reached the Omega potential. wink

KingD19
Saying Light wins from experience is BS, both Adam Warlock and Neutron were vastly more experienced then he was, and he took them down relatively easy, and you must not remember when they showed Vulcan casually blocking one of Havok's attack with a sort of forcefield. He also redirected Scott's energy while it was still traveling, he can do the same to Light.

Raoul
Originally posted by The Scribe
But, he is one and has reached the Omega potential. wink

says who?

The Scribe
says who?

Many people and...just search. wink

Raoul
Originally posted by The Scribe
Many people and...just search. wink

i've read pretty much all his appearences. i don't recall any mention of him reaching his potential.

Lord Feron

Chill I never tried to make Vulcan anything more. I already said DL will win and to be honest Vulcan until he proves himself aint that big of a deal but he does have his moments.

I was just point out when you said "Can not even AFFECT Gladsiator" that statement bothered me. Reason being Gladitor's powers are confidenced/ almost willed into fruition. The reason Vulcan couldn't affect Glads is because he essential decided that it won't affect him. Not too many people Can do anything to glads when he is in complete confident ass kicking mode. Too bad he doesn't do that more.

Just the way you said it was like "you couldn't even beat the feeb gladiator" if that was not your intention then okay but if it was... well im gonna have to disagree.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by KingD19
Saying Light wins from experience is BS, both Adam Warlock and Neutron were vastly more experienced then he was, and he took them down relatively easy, and you must not remember when they showed Vulcan casually blocking one of Havok's attack with a sort of forcefield. He also redirected Scott's energy while it was still traveling, he can do the same to Light.

You got a point... but DL has a dec ent track record. Also manipulating his brothers should not mean much because he is one of them. It shouldn't even effect him. Anyway Taking down AW was a good feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Not nitpicking. I just think it makes more sense that way. ;P Not saying Glad can't tank Vulcan's attacks, just saying that I don't get the choice of words. ^_^

Fair enough....

The Scribe
i've read pretty much all his appearences. i don't recall any mention of him reaching his potential.

I doubt he has reached his full potential.
Who has?

carver9
Originally posted by jasofisc
so one time in dr. light entire carreer does he do anything impresive and he's suppose to be a high tier level energy manipulator. I call bs. Vulcan would wreck light. One vulcan can absorb energy to a much higher degree. yes doc did manipulate superboy's heat vision then wonder girl's lightning from her rope. how does that compare to absorbing all of the magic out of adam warlock. i know that at least superboy had plenty solar power in reserve. the only reason vulcan could not beat glads is 1 how glads powers work and glads level of durability. Also vulcan's blast did effect glads just didn't put him down. he knocked him back a couple of times. so any way dr. light took out the teen titans vulcan's took down the x-men and the imperal guard except for glads.

The question that needs to be asked is if Doctor light can replicate EVERYTHING vulcan has done throughout this arc? confused

The answer is kind of simple, no.

iceman24567
The question that needs to be asked is if Doctor light can replicate EVERYTHING vulcan has done throughout this arc? confused

The answer is kind of simple, no. Why not?

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Why not?

Because he would have gotten killed before he left earth.

iceman24567
so one time in dr. light entire carreer does he do anything impresive and he's suppose to be a high tier level energy manipulator. I call bs. Vulcan would wreck light. One vulcan can absorb energy to a much higher degree. yes doc did manipulate superboy's heat vision then wonder girl's lightning from her rope. how does that compare to absorbing all of the magic out of adam warlock. i know that at least superboy had plenty solar power in reserve. the only reason vulcan could not beat glads is 1 how glads powers work and glads level of durability. Also vulcan's blast did effect glads just didn't put him down. he knocked him back a couple of times. so any way dr. light took out the teen titans vulcan's took down the x-men and the imperal guard except for glads. Correction Doctor light took out dozen's of Titans.

iceman24567
Because he would have gotten killed before he left earth. How exactly?

Kris Blaze
This is hilarious.

Gladiator also decided that his confidence was more than sufficient to defeat Cassandra Nova. Seconds later he was peeing his pants while the rest of his imperial guard was writhing in pain and crying. Nice going Glads!

They're basing this off the fact that Vulcan almost defeated a featless Warlock and took back the energy that Neutron absorbed from him.

They also actually think that the x-men are more powerful than the Teen Titans, lmfao! That is a tough reality to face, but the x-men are vastly outgunned and outpowered. If the x-men were to face the same line-up that Dr. Light defeated then they would be destroyed.

jasofisc
Correction Doctor light took out dozen's of Titans.

so has deathstroke

jasofisc
This is hilarious.

Gladiator also decided that his confidence was more than sufficient to defeat Cassandra Nova. Seconds later he was peeing his pants while the rest of his imperial guard was writhing in pain and crying. Nice going Glads!

They're basing this off the fact that Vulcan almost defeated a featless Warlock and took back the energy that Neutron absorbed from him.

They also actually think that the x-men are more powerful than the Teen Titans, lmfao! That is a tough reality to face, but the x-men are vastly outgunned and outpowered. If the x-men were to face the same line-up that Dr. Light defeated then they would be destroyed.

who among the teen titans line up that DL faced would hold a candle to Rachel Grey (phoenix) or Polaris, smasher?????? not to mention the tt were jobbing and everyone who is not a dc fanboy would agree. if this was a green lantern vs Doctor light thread you would laugh at those who brought up that Doctor light feat. cyborg has beat doctor light on his own before. give me a break and the only defeats that vulcan has is from gladiator and a plot device havoc.

if vulcan has any real trouble he could just bonk him on the head with a mace.

jasofisc
what hilarious is how much people wine about their being a marvel bias on this forum. you have a sucky never been the big thread bad guy rapisit verse a guy who has drained warlock and killed nearly half the imperial guard. and people are saying it's spite for doctor light.

Juntai
cyborg has beat doctor light on his own before.. You mean, while his brain was still scrambled?

jasofisc
Originally posted by Juntai
You mean, while his brain was still scrambled?

not sure seen the scan in the cyborg respect thread he seemed pretty on the level but i don't know.

iceman24567
so has deathstroke No he hasn't erm

jasofisc
just checked it out and it was after light beat down all the other titans. One on one against a non jobbing character light is usless. like always just because he has one good fight doesn't mean anything. vulcan has constantly been shown to be a threat to top tier characters. for those who say warlock is feat less they need to check out his respect thread their are quite a few feats from the latest incarnation of warlock.

iceman24567
what hilarious is how much people wine about their being a marvel bias on this forum. you have a sucky never been the big thread bad guy rapisit verse a guy who has drained warlock and killed nearly half the imperial guard. and people are saying it's spite for doctor light. The Teen Titans + The Titans + reserve members >>> The Imperial Guard and Adam Warlock easily.

Enyalus

jasofisc
No he hasn't erm

yeah he has all the time maybe not int he same amount but he takes down Teen titans like they were nothing all the time. even his moron son possessing him has. you read TT because it's all fun and game until DS stops by.

Kris Blaze
who among the teen titans line up that DL faced would hold a candle to Rachel Grey (phoenix) or Polaris, smasher?????? not to mention the tt were jobbing and everyone who is not a dc fanboy would agree. if this was a green lantern vs Doctor light thread you would laugh at those who brought up that Doctor light feat. cyborg has beat doctor light on his own before. give me a break and the only defeats that vulcan has is from gladiator and a plot device havoc.

if vulcan has any real trouble he could just bonk him on the head with a mace.

Listen up you highly unintelligent person.

- Both Raven and Superboy could give Polaris and Rachel a run for their money and/or take the majority. Bart Allen could probably take out most of the x-men or imperial guard on his own. Wally West also appeared later on in the battle with Light... Smasher is shit, get real.

- What defeats he has doesn't matter really....Surtur has very few victories, and he would still one-shot Vulcan...Your quantity of victories or losses matter nothing, only the quality of opponent's you've faced.

The lineup he faced consisted of:

Raven, Wondergirl, Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Cyborg, Red Star, Superboy, Tempest, Argent, Vox, Captain Marvel Jr. Hawk and Dove, Speedy, Green Arrow, Ravager, Wally West, Wildebeest, Bumblebee, Flamebird, Damage, Beast Boy and Pantha.

Wally West appeared later however, I don't think he was among those who battled him.

If you had read the comic, you would've known that Dr.Light was not trying to kill a single one of them but to prove a point. He had all of them beaten and helpless, but decided to pull Speedy and show her to Green Arrow. If Arthur wanted them to die, they would already be dead.

His previous losses are not accounted for because Zatanna had lobotomized him via magic.

- Dr. Light was actually able to affect Superman. He was only temporarily blasted away/knocked down, but his blasts had an effect...

jasofisc
The Teen Titans + The Titans + reserve members >>> The Imperial Guard and Adam Warlock easily. you got high before writing that didn't you because the teen titans +the titans+reserve members +JSA<<<<< black adam and warlock is >>>>>>black adam alone let alone gladator without the imperial guard. Also didn't DL end up losing that fight an needed assistance from death stroke????

iceman24567
yeah he has all the time maybe not int he same amount but he takes down Teen titans like they were nothing all the time. even his moron son possessing him has. you read TT because it's all fun and game until DS stops by. Deathstroke has beaten the Teen Titans 5-8 members at the most with prep Doctor Light took on waves of them without prep pure power you can't compare the two at all stop reaching and Cyborg mentioned that Doctor Light was different i guess you don't know what he was talking about roll eyes (sarcastic)

iceman24567
you got high before writing that didn't you because the teen titans +the titans+reserve members +JSA<<<<< black adam and warlock is >>>>>>black adam alone let alone gladator without the imperial guard. Also didn't DL end up losing that fight an needed assistance from death stroke???? You have no clue what you are typing what a shocker eek!

Juntai
you got high before writing that didn't you because the teen titans +the titans+reserve members +JSA<<<<< black adam and warlock is >>>>>>black adam alone let alone gladator without the imperial guard. Also didn't DL end up losing that fight an needed assistance from death stroke???? eek!

iceman24567
eek! Yeah it made me giggle like a little girl watching Shrek 1 for the first time laughing

jasofisc
Listen up you highly unintelligent person.

- Both Raven and Superboy could give Polaris and Rachel a run for their money and/or take the majority. Bart Allen could probably take out most of the x-men or imperial guard on his own. Wally West also appeared later on in the battle with Light... Smasher is shit, get real.

- What defeats he has doesn't matter really....Surtur has very few victories, and he would still one-shot Vulcan...Your quantity of victories or losses matter nothing, only the quality of opponent's you've faced.

The lineup he faced consisted of:

Raven, Wondergirl, Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Cyborg, Red Star, Superboy, Tempest, Argent, Vox, Captain Marvel Jr. Hawk and Dove, Speedy, Green Arrow, Ravager, Wally West, Wildebeest, Bumblebee, Flamebird, Damage, Beast Boy and Pantha.

Wally West appeared later however, I don't think he was among those who battled him.

If you had read the comic, you would've known that Dr.Light was not trying to kill a single one of them but to prove a point. He had all of them beaten and helpless, but decided to pull Speedy and show her to Green Arrow. If Arthur wanted them to die, they would already be dead.

His previous losses are not accounted for because Zatanna had lobotomized him via magic.

- Dr. Light was actually able to affect Superman. He was only temporarily blasted away/knocked down, but his blasts had an effect...

oh here some the insults of some one who has just got owned on the forum i'm sure more are coming.

raven (who couldn't take down Luther in a powered suit) verse a phoenix are you kidding wow you really are deep in the fanboy stuff aren't you. smasher is pretty tuff if you don't know that then you don't know much about the Imperal guard.

so light blasted superman and knocked him down big deal vulcan blasted glads and knocked him down. it's a well know fact that sups always holds back so don't think that feat means much at all.

before Zanttana lobotomized him the league tackled him with out really using their powers (Gl punched him with a green boxing glove) then elongated man knocked him out with a mace hit. so what now mace >>>>>>glads full confidence punch??

so the quality of opponents like when he blindsides kids that are not ready for him or defenseless women.

jasofisc
You have no clue what you are typing what a shocker eek!

guess you haven't read world war III black adam handled everyone like they were children oh wait they are children and your using them to make Doctor light look tuff.

jasofisc
what are doctor lights other victories???????? all anyone has is a plot device educed story for doctor light. really i haven't seen one other feat that anyone has mentioned. just one fight.

iceman24567
guess you haven't read world war III black adam handled everyone like they were children oh wait they are children and your using them to make Doctor light look tuff. I guess you missed the part where nobody really wanted to hurt or fight him? Nah i guess you ignore context so you can "own" people in debating no expression

jasofisc
Deathstroke has beaten the Teen Titans 5-8 members at the most with prep Doctor Light took on waves of them without prep pure power you can't compare the two at all stop reaching and Cyborg mentioned that Doctor Light was different i guess you don't know what he was talking about roll eyes (sarcastic)

i really wasn't comparing just stating that beating down teen titans really isn't that big of an accomplishment. seriously most of the time they are led by robin the boy hostage. Yes doctor light is in a whole different level then DS but you must have something more then just, one fight to claim he's more powerful then vulcan.

jasofisc
I guess you missed the part where nobody really wanted to hurt or fight him? Nah i guess you ignore context so you can "own" people in debating no expression

you talking about manhunters monologue while everyone was fighting BA where he says that they have some that are stronger and some that are faster but every blow he lands is meant to kill. that doesn't mean they don't want to hurt or fight him it just they are fighting like they always do. perhaps you should pay more attention to context and stop mis-representing things and say i'm the one ignoring context.

iceman24567
i really wasn't comparing just stating that beating down teen titans really isn't that big of an accomplishment. seriously most of the time they are led by robin the boy hostage. Yes doctor light is in a whole different level then DS but you must have something more then just, one fight to claim he's more powerful then vulcan. As if Vulcan has the feats to say he is more powerful than Dr. Light. That one fight is enough to say he is more powerful what has Vulcan done?

Enyalus
As if Vulcan has the feats to say he is more powerful than Dr. Light. That one fight is enough to say he is more powerful what has Vulcan done?
Taking out dozens of Shi'ar battlecruisers and wrecking/killing most of the Imperial Guard?

Juntai
guess you haven't read world war III black adam handled everyone like they were children oh wait they are children and your using them to make Doctor light look tuff. You honestly think Vulcan could stand up to the team Adam faced in WW3 in a forum battle?

Set the thread up, because I guarantee they call it spite and close it.

iceman24567
you talking about manhunters monologue while everyone was fighting BA where he says that they have some that are stronger and some that are faster but every blow he lands is meant to kill. that doesn't mean they don't want to hurt or fight him it just they are fighting like they always do. perhaps you should pay more attention to context and stop mis-representing things and say i'm the one ignoring context. No I'm talking about them obliviously holding back because of plenty reason like him being a former hero or feeling a little sorry for him after everything he loved was destroyed. It was obvious to all of us that the heroes held back more than they usually do even after he killed a couple people that is ignoring context.

iceman24567
Taking out dozens of Shi'ar battlecruisers and wrecking/killing most of the Imperial Guard? Shi'ar battlecruisers? I could name a couple herald level energy manipulators that can do that not too impressive. The imperial Guards feat isn't better than taking out dozens of Titans in my opinion.

jasofisc
As if Vulcan has the feats to say he is more powerful than Dr. Light. That one fight is enough to say he is more powerful what has Vulcan done?

drained the vast majority of the magic from adam warlock (better feat then sucking some of the heat vision from superboy), casually absorbing havoc's energy cutting off the flow of the eldest''s race of energy, blasting whole though people who have high invulnerability. manipulating the phonix force what has DL ever done to suggest he can do anything to that degree. DL is like the kid brother to vulcan

jasofisc
You honestly think Vulcan could stand up to the team Adam faced in WW3 in a forum battle?

Set the thread up, because I guarantee they call it spite and close it.

not at all he would get owned like a little school girl. but so should have adam.

jasofisc
the children coment was about the teen titans not he jsa or others

Juntai
not at all he would get owned like a little school girl. but so should have adam. Originally posted by jasofisc
you got high before writing that didn't you because the teen titans +the titans+reserve members +JSA<<<<< black adam and warlock is >>>>>>black adam alone let alone gladator without the imperial guard.

iceman24567
drained the vast majority of the magic from adam warlock (better feat then sucking some of the heat vision from superboy), casually absorbing havoc's energy cutting off the flow of the eldest''s race of energy, blasting whole though people who have high invulnerability. manipulating the phonix force what has DL ever done to suggest he can do anything to that degree. DL is like the kid brother to vulcan An Adam Warlock that's still new to his power? He was just revived for the love of god. Doctor light manipulated the magical lightning from Wonder Girls Lasso it's powered by Zeus and i don't want to hear that crap about Dc Zeus not being a legit skyfather because he is.

jasofisc
No I'm talking about them obliviously holding back because of plenty reason like him being a former hero or feeling a little sorry for him after everything he loved was destroyed. It was obvious to all of us that the heroes held back more than they usually do even after he killed a couple people that is ignoring context.

several characters where not holding back such as manhunter himself. their is no mention of them going easy on him. whatever compasion they had for him went out the window when he killed that entire town and members of quite a few teams. you are ignoring the context my friend. who said they were holding back more then normal or when was it inferred??? they were trying to shut him down like they would anyone else.

jasofisc

sorry that was a joke using my sarcasitc abc logic to shame iceman's abc logic. not serous

iceman24567
several characters where not holding back such as manhunter himself. their is no mention of them going easy on him. whatever compasion they had for him went out the window when he killed that entire town and members of quite a few teams. you are ignoring the context my friend. who said they were holding back more then normal or when was it inferred??? they were trying to shut him down like they would anyone else. So what happened when Manhunter went into his mind? The plot screwed him holding back or not ignore that too while your at it. No they were not treating him like anybody else he would have got X'ed if they did.

Kris Blaze
oh here some the insults of some one who has just got owned on the forum i'm sure more are coming.

raven (who couldn't take down Luther in a powered suit) verse a phoenix are you kidding wow you really are deep in the fanboy stuff aren't you. smasher is pretty tuff if you don't know that then you don't know much about the Imperal guard.

so light blasted superman and knocked him down big deal vulcan blasted glads and knocked him down. it's a well know fact that sups always holds back so don't think that feat means much at all.

before Zanttana lobotomized him the league tackled him with out really using their powers (Gl punched him with a green boxing glove) then elongated man knocked him out with a mace hit. so what now mace >>>>>>glads full confidence punch??

so the quality of opponents like when he blindsides kids that are not ready for him or defenseless women.

Seriously troll, gtfo.

jasofisc
So what happened when Manhunter went into his mind? The plot screwed him holding back or not ignore that too while your at it. No they were not treating him like anybody else he would have got X'ed if they did.

how was mm holding back when he was in his mind???? he had trouble because adam has such a strong will remember. he didn't say he was holding back. All adam had was a brief moment to say shazam. just saying they were not treating him like anbody else doesn't mean your right i backed mine up with text while you are just saying things.

jasofisc
Seriously troll, gtfo.

no my friend you r the troll i'm contributing the conversation while you are making insults because you don't know what to say.

jasofisc
by the way agent orange is awesome and one of the best new characters awesome sig.

iceman24567
how was mm holding back when he was in his mind???? he had trouble because adam has such a strong will remember. he didn't say he was holding back. All adam had was a brief moment to say shazam. just saying they were not treating him like anbody else doesn't mean your right i backed mine up with text while you are just saying things. Did i say he was holding back? No i am not just saying things you agreed.
several characters where not holding back such as manhunter himself. The fact is if the heroes felt like it they could have fried Black Adam they had enough power houses for that in my opinion you can disagree thats your prerogative i guess.

jasofisc
Did i say he was holding back? No i am not just saying things you agreed.
The fact is if the heroes felt like it they could have fried Black Adam they had enough power houses for that in my opinion you can disagree thats your prerogative i guess.

yeah i agree they could have fried black adam and yes i also agree that they had enough power houses to beat him bloody. in my opinion they only reason they didn't is because it was the summer crossover and black adam was dc's world war hulk. by the same token doctor light's win against various people he should have not won against was also pis in my opinion during the teen titan battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.