He doesn't like you. I don't like you either. You had just better watch yourself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
This is one of my all time favorite scenes in ANH. Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba picked a fight with Luke only to get their asses kicked by Ben Kenobi. Luke unintentionally brought this upon himself. Watch as he enters the cantina. You see his lightsaber openly hanging from his belt. He didn't try to conceal it like Ben (and the other Jedi) always do. Luke should've known better. Lightsabers are illegal for anyone except a Jedi (or a Sith) to carry and at the time, just being a Jedi was illegal. Dr. Evanzan and Ponda Baba probably thought Luke was a Jedi (wannabe). They were also intoxicated, which didn't help either.

Ushgarak
Would lightsabres be illegal?

master harmax
Why would lightsabre be illegal ?

master harmax
and where the hell's yerssot ?

Dexx
oh..read in the gd thread somewhere.
I doubt sabers are 'legal' in sith possesion.

Darth Ninja
What I meant is that the Sith exterminated the Jedi and those who show up after the purge are exterminated as well. Sith lightsabers are legal because Darth Vader and Darth Sidious each have one.

Julie
uh......can't say that this was my fav scene

GordonSkywalker
Those guys just didn't like Luke very much, did they? They were looking for a fight, and they sure got one when Ben Kenobi entered the scene!

Julie
I think they just had one too many drinks!

Corran
Alcohol induced bravado

GordonSkywalker
Drinks....pass out the clean glasses! I could use one right now!

Julie
go easy on the drinks there...or you'll get yourself into trouble!

GordonSkywalker
I certainly wouldn't want to do that! Look what trouble it got poor Luke into? There is a lesson to be learned here, my friends.

Julie
deep thoughts...too late at night...to think deeply

Corran
Don't think, drink.

mechmoggy
I like that. big grin

*Writes it in Mechmoggy's big book of pub sayings*

GordonSkywalker
A wise and witty saying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.