Gambit vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Gambit from X-Men Origins Wolverine fights Darth Maul from Phantom Menace.

Fight takes place in the alley where Gambit fought Wolverine.

Who would win?

Robtard
Darth Maul kicks his ass, quickly too.

BruceSkywalker
Darth Maul destroys him in no more than a few moves

Placidity
Nah maaaann....

Darth Maul sodomizes Remy (with a lightsaber).

Nemesis X
Hey Gambit has his chances of winning. I don't want to hear that this is spite.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Not much of a chance, not much of a chance at all.

Spite implies you purposely made this thinking one character would get stomped, I don't think you did, you're just ignorant to what Maul can do vs what Gambit can do.

Darth Martin
Agreed, Maul wins.

Rogue Jedi
If Maul has his force powers and his saber, he pwns in less than five seconds. If it's straight up h2h martial arts, not sure.

Nemesis X
I bet you're all thinking he wins because his lightsaber will cut Gambit's staff in half and then him. Here's a rule: Gambit's staff can't get sliced by Maul's lightsaber and Maul can't use his force powers. The first round is them wielding their weapons but in the second round it's H2H. Now decide who will win.

Rogue Jedi
LOL, Maul's force powers are like all of his powers. I bet you are gonna say he doesnt have Precog too.

steverules_2

Whats he gonna do exactly? Throw a few cards that could easily just be force pushed back at him..maybe Remy could challenge him to dance off...or maybe Remy could point at maul and laugh and be all like 'lolz! your gay with palpatine, you like to tickle his anus and lick his big red nipple!'

Maybe neither man should have insurance either, Maul wins in H2H and in the lightsabre/stick fight, seriously all the stick is gonna do is course a bumps, one hit from a lightsabre would seriously damage Remy

Nemesis X
Originally posted by steverules_2
maybe Remy could point at maul and laugh and be all like 'lolz! your gay with palpatine, you like to tickle his anus and lick his big red nipple!'

My god you're almost more disturbing than NemeBro sick

steverules_2
My god you're almost more disturbing than NemeBro sick

smurph Thank you

Nemesis X
smurph Thank you

It wasn't a compliment you sicko.

steverules_2
Maybe but I don't care if I'm more disturbing than a guy I don't even know...disturbing is raping a child or something like that...what I said was not disturbing...what I said was no where near disturbing smile Have a nice day smurph

Nightstick
Assuming that Gambit staff can block lightsaber shots and that Maul fights like he did in the movie. Not like Star Wars fan boys and the EU portray him. Then Gambits got a shot. As he can turn just about anything into a weapon. A full deck of cards to the face may be enough for him to close the distance or keep Maul at bay where every Remy would perfer him. While Maul's skill and weapon are better(in some regards, Gambit has the advantage of being able to hold anywhere and strike with any part of his weapon and in his case charge it), Gambit has the advantage in ranged combat and firepower. Yes, yes I know somebody is going to cry fowl and talk about pre-cog or force push, or choke, or mind rape, or lighting, or something, but lets be honest thats not how the Jedi/Sith fight in the movies, well Maul at least. Considering that Jango was able to take out random Jedi and break even against Obi-Wan. I think Gambit has a shot at Maul. Though I'd still favor Maul as the winner.

Darth Martin
-Maul was a beast in the movie. It's not like he's a force god in the comics. The movies/EU showings are roughly the same for him.
-Maul did use Force attacks in the film.
-Maul would rape Jango.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Darth Martin
-Maul was a beast in the movie. It's not like he's a force god in the comics. The movies/EU showings are roughly the same for him.
-Maul would rape Jango.

Mauls lost to Obi Wan...twice, Obi Wan technically lost to Jango in the movie and plus Obi Wan was more skilled in AOTC than he was TPH

Nightstick

While I am not terrible familiar with Maul's EU appearence. I find this hard to believe because not only is the Force more powerful in the EU, but all the character in general and Force user in specific get massive upgrade in the EU. Maul would have to or EU 3PO would be kicking his arse.

Against Droids maybe, but not against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. More over Obi-Wan never used them against Jango nor did the other Jedi. Yoda aside(and even he is a maybe) Force adepts don't seem to be able to effect fast moving organic life forms. Its not like Gambit'd sit their and Force choke him(not that Maul showed the ability to do so). Maul is never going to have the time to concentrate which was nearlly always needed in the films for big Force effects.

-Maul would rape Jango.

As mentioned by other Obi-Wan could hold his own against Maul and Jango against Obi-Wan. So I don't see why Maul would rape Jango.

steverules_2
Maul force pushed Obi Wan into a pit no expression

Nightstick
Maul force pushed Obi Wan into a pit no expression

Did he? It's been a damn long time sense I watched the movie.

Rogue Jedi
Maul relied more on fighting ability than force powers.

Nightstick
I just rewatched the fight and I stand corrected Maul did use a Force push at the end. Though it's importent to note its placemnet in the fight. Obi-Wan was directly infornt of him less the an arms length away and they had just gotten done with one of those Hollywood push each others sword stand offs. Giving Maul time to focus.

steverules_2
There's not much of the force used in fights really...it was more used in AOTC and ROTS

Nightstick
There's not much of the force used in fights really...it was more used in AOTC and ROTS

Of which Maul was not part. So it doesn't much help him, but even in AOTC we have Jango taking out Force users with out getting picked up and thrown back by their "awsome Force powers".

steverules_2
Never said he was wink I was just saying in General, kinda like people have mentioned Obi-Wan even though he's not involved in this fight

Quincy
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I bet you are gonna say he doesnt have Precog too.

facepalm

Rogue Jedi
Ah, the ever elusive facepalm. You tryng to deny that a Jedi/Sith fighting without the force is essentially blinded?

Quincy
You say Darth Maul will use Precog to win this fight?

how?

Placidity
He probably means short term precog, which they use in battle, such as when deflecting blaster bolts.

Robtard
I bet you're all thinking he wins because his lightsaber will cut Gambit's staff in half and then him. Here's a rule: Gambit's staff can't get sliced by Maul's lightsaber and Maul can't use his force powers. The first round is them wielding their weapons but in the second round it's H2H. Now decide who will win.

So this fight really isn't Gambit Vs Darth Maul, it's Gimp-Maul Vs. Gambit.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
You say Darth Maul will use Precog to win this fight?

how?

Originally posted by Placidity
He probably means short term precog, which they use in battle, such as when deflecting blaster bolts.

Quincy
Clarified.

'Round here you run into alot of Star Wars fanboys who claim all Jedi's can use the force to see the future and can never be beaten.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
Clarified.

'Round here you run into alot of Star Wars fanboys who claim all Jedi's can use the force to see the future and can never be beaten. If Maul has full use of his force powers, yes, few can beat him in battle.

Precog allows the Jedi/Sith to know what their opponent is going to do before they do it. How can you say this is not an advantage?

Darth Martin
Mauls lost to Obi Wan...twice, Obi Wan technically lost to Jango in the movie and plus Obi Wan was more skilled in AOTC than he was TPH ABC arguments are worth absolute shit when it comes to Star Wars.

Obi Wan lost to Maul b/c of the same resaon Predator lost to Danny Glover. Maul was clearly better than both Jinn and Kenobi while fihting both at the same time. And also Kenobi wasn't trying to kill Jango.

TPM Darth Maul>AOTC Kenobi

BruceSkywalker

this isn't Gambit from the comics... Darth Maul wins both...

Quincy
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
If Maul has full use of his force powers, yes, few can beat him in battle.

Precog allows the Jedi/Sith to know what their opponent is going to do before they do it. How can you say this is not an advantage?

So Darth Maul knew that Obi Wan was about to cut him in half?

Darth Martin
Obviously, he just stood there and watched the whole sequence play out.

The films had already been made w/ Alec Guiness. Kenobi couldn't be killed off.

Credit the writers/Lucas for that BS.

steverules_2
ABC arguments are worth absolute shit when it comes to Star Wars.

Obi Wan lost to Maul b/c of the same resaon Predator lost to Danny Glover. Maul was clearly better than both Jinn and Kenobi while fihting both at the same time. And also Kenobi wasn't trying to kill Jango.

TPM Darth Maul>AOTC Kenobi

Obi Wan lost to maul? Hmmm funny, I seem to remember Darth Maul being the one who got split in two, plus there is a story between ROTS and ANH where Maul comes back and again gets beaten by Kenobi...may not mean much but I'm putting it out there.

Never said he was trying to kill Jango, but no matter how you look at it Jangon still beat Obi Wan and he was still in one piece at the end of the fight

Darth Martin
Obi Wan lost to maul? Hmmm funny, I seem to remember Darth Maul being the one who got split in two, plus there is a story between ROTS and ANH where Maul comes back and again gets beaten by Kenobi...may not mean much but I'm putting it out there.

Never said he was trying to kill Jango, but no matter how you look at it Jangon still beat Obi Wan and he was still in one piece at the end of the fight

My fault I meant to say Kenobi beat Maul.

ROTS Kenobi>TPM Maul>AOTC Kenobi>TPM Kenobi

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Robtard
So this fight really isn't Gambit Vs Darth Maul, it's Gimp-Maul Vs. Gambit.

You know what, maybe for once I'll admit I made a stupid thread. Happy now? Is that what you been wanting to hear all along? Sorry if I can't make such an awesome fight, I just post what pops in my head and if I don't post it, it'll come back to haunt me. Not everyone can make all their threads awesome you know mad

Robtard
Concession excepted.

Robtard can, but that guy's on a "whole nother level."

steverules_2
You know what, maybe for once I'll admit I made a stupid thread. Happy now? Is that what you been wanting to hear all along? Sorry if I can't make such an awesome fight, I just post what pops in my head and if I don't post it, it'll come back to haunt me. Not everyone can make all their threads awesome you know mad

I can smile

Darth Martin
Not everyone can make all their threads awesome you know mad It's cool, every once in a while you'll put out a dud but sometimes people will search and resurrect it after a year.

616 Gambit vs EU Maul would be cool but Gambit in Origins is lackluster.

thumb up

Mairuzu
maul rapes. why is this more then 1 page?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Mairuzu
maul rapes. Originally posted by Mairuzu
maul rapes. why is this more then 1 page? B/C it seems everyone agrees that Maul wins but no one wants to let the thread die, so they keep staing the general consensus: Originally posted by Mairuzu
maul rapes.

steverules_2
Could just request it be closed

Impediment
This is spite.

Maul kills Gambit.

Gambit was a complete punk in Origins.

And FYI, Maul's light saber could, very easily, slice Gambit's staff in half.

Rogue Jedi
Is it against forum rules to change the specs of a combatants weapon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.