Magneto Vs Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormultt
who wins here?

I seriously wanna say mags but eh...ya know...i need sumone to help push me over the fence. any thoughts?

h yea fight takes place on earth in genosha.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Magnus.

Enyalus
The Master of Magnetism.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Enyalus
The Master of Magnetism.

B...bu....but I thought Vulcan can control teh entire electromagnetic spectrum. For it is teh ENERGY!!!!!

looney

Survivor19
Vulcan do can control it.
But Magneto can control it much better. And he also will kick Vulcan's ass h2h.

Enyalus
What Survivor said.

Philosophía
Magneto destroy him.

Lord Feron
Mags

Mshinu
Mags

Allankles
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
B...bu....but I thought Vulcan can control teh entire electromagnetic spectrum. For it is teh ENERGY!!!!!

looney

big grin If he can control something as esoteric as Warlock's magics what's stopping him from controlling Mag's energy? Deh double standards. wink

Survivor19
Mags' fist in his face, that's what.

Allankles
Originally posted by Survivor19
Mags' fist in his face, that's what.

I favor Mags slightly, I was just pointing out possible double standards.

If we accept magic control, no reason why the EM force would be a problem, it's more likely than magic. wink

Philosophía
Just because Vulcan can manipulate electromagnetic energy doesn't mean he'd be able to do this against Magneto, who is quite a bit more powerfull/skilled.

Mshinu
If Mags is good at anything it is smacking down upstart crybabies like Vulcan stick out tongue

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
big grin If he can control something as esoteric as Warlock's magics what's stopping him from controlling Mag's energy? Deh double standards. wink
Magnus would mangle Doctor Light, too.

celestialdemon
I don't like Vulcan, so Magneto wins. big grin

The Nuul
Mags

Survivor19
Vulcan won't be able to handle Magneto's power output, IMO, if Eric goes all out.

quanchi112
Vulcan wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Vulcan wins.
no

quanchi112
no Definitely.

Enyalus
Definitely.
If you had said 'Definitely not.' It'd be true.

biscuits

Nihilist
Magneto

quanchi112
If you had said 'Definitely not.' It'd be true.

biscuits I guess we disagree. Vulcan easily depowered Warlock in record time. I can't see Mags winning this one.

Nihilist
I guess we disagree. Vulcan easily depowered Warlock in record time. I can't see Mags winning this one. Current Warlock in a noob, and doesnt really even know what or how his powers work yet.

Enyalus
I guess we disagree. Vulcan easily depowered Warlock in record time. I can't see Mags winning this one.
Okay. But Warlock and Magneto are completely different. Vulcan manipulated Warlock's energy. Vulcan's not doing so to Magnus.

Survivor19
Erm... i believe he can manipulate Mag's energy.
But he can't suck him dry.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Meh, Polaris punked his ass. I say Magneto beats him like a step child.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
Current Warlock in a noob, and doesnt really even know what or how his powers work yet. I understand that, but Vulcan isn't exactly a seasoned veteran either.

Original Smurph
I understand that, but Vulcan isn't exactly a seasoned veteran either. That doesn't help your case vs. Magneto...

guy222
http://i.iimmgg.com/images/th/432f27cabe4d526ed1438db2f794c587.jpg http://i.iimmgg.com/images/th/657eb814a9e0a591d300e75aa7082693.jpg

Charmander
One has manipulated Phoenix's energy. The other has been crushed by an energy powered up Havok twice...

I don't see how Vulcan doesn't win here.

leonidas
hmm, i don't know. there really isn't any reason at all that vulcan shouldn't completely own mags in this. there was no reason he shouldn't have owned havok either though. erm

warlock himself was shocked at vulcan's power level--that says a lot. i friggin HATE HATE HATE calling PIS but i can't see how his loss to havok (an energy user) is anything else. i'd say losing to mags would be the same.

meh. maybe if he can defeat black bolt those losses to havok will be forgotten . . .

Charmander
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i don't know. there really isn't any reason at all that vulcan shouldn't completely own mags in this. there was no reason he shouldn't have owned havok either though. erm
Why downplay Magneto when you feel Vulcan has been getting downplayed?

Why should Vulcan own Magneto though?

leonidas
Originally posted by Charmander
Why downplay Magneto when you feel Vulcan has been getting downplayed?

Why should Vulcan own Magneto though?

i wasn't downplaying mags. i know mags very well, and his capabilities. but, given that mag's draws power from the EM field, and that vulcan's whole powerset revolves around his controlling ALL types of energy, well . . . confused

if he can easily absorb and remain unaffected by warlock's far more exotic (and imo no less potent) energy powers, i see no reason to think he shouldn't be able to demolish magneto.

well, other than for his poor showings against havok that is . . .

in a slightly related topic--i remember arguing for the fact that vulcan SHOULD be able to manipulate magical energies and being told that would be ridiculous, that he's never shown that level of control, blahblah. now he's defeated (easily) a high level cosmic magic-user and people still think he gets owned by mags. doesn't make a lot of sense to me. erm i'd love to see him put a beating on black bolt, personally, though i don't think that will happen. their fight will probably be a stalemate or in some other way inconclusive

Charmander
i wasn't downplaying mags. i know mags very well, and his capabilities. but, given that mag's draws power from the EM field, and that vulcan's whole powerset revolves around his controlling ALL types of energy, well . . . confused

if he can easily absorb and remain unaffected by warlock's far more exotic (and imo no less potent) energy powers, i see no reason to think he shouldn't be able to demolish magneto.

well, other than for his poor showings against havok that is . . .
Does he completely cut off Magneto's connection with the EM Spectrum before or after Magneto tears him apart with that metal suit of Vulcan's?
Plus, does Vulcan's powers override Magneto's control over the EM field on a level that just allows him to sever the link in the heat of battle?

You mean like how Magneto fought Phoenix?
Fighting on fairly even grounds with her after fighting the X-Men, and then sucking her life force out?
I think Phoenix>Warlock still getting getting used to his powers. Or any normal Warlock for that matter...

in a slightly related topic--i remember arguing for the fact that vulcan SHOULD be able to manipulate magical energies and being told that would be ridiculous, that he's never shown that level of control, blahblah. now he's defeated (easily) a high level cosmic magic-user and people still think he gets owned by mags. doesn't make a lot of sense to me. erm i'd love to see him put a beating on black bolt, personally, though i don't think that will happen. their fight will probably be a stalemate or in some other way inconclusive k

Mshinu
Well Mags has a pretty good record of dealing with various energy wielders/manipulators.

leonidas
Does he completely cut off Magneto's connection with the EM Spectrum before or after Magneto tears him apart with that metal suit of Vulcan's?

hard to say. mag's might rip his suit apart, maybe, but i'd say that's where it would end. if it's quickdraw, who knows.

just in the heat of battle? not sure what you're getting at. mag's is using energy against an omega energy manipulator. i'd think anything mag's tried to do could easily be countered by vulcan and his shields would be as easily bypassed as warlock's shields were.

meh. everyone has high end feats. i don't think rachel would fare very well against vulcan either. and though it is non-canon, vulcan has manipulated the energy of the m'krann crystal. irrelevent? perhaps, but it does show what some of the people at marvel consider him capable of. hard to compare them only because mags has SSOOOO many feats, but vulcan has a few pretty good ones too and his powerset is ideally suited to deal with mags.

to me, he would have more trouble with the brick types than the energy types, unless the energy types are really uber.

Xplosive
Magneto is a fan favorite, but Vulcan demolishes him.

leonidas
I think Phoenix>Warlock still getting getting used to his powers. Or any normal Warlock for that matter...

there's some irony there too--you are saying warlock was getting used to his powers, but in the arc you're referring to, jeannie was VERY new to her powers and had no real idea how to use them. at all she was also under her own imposed restrictions still--ie--she had limits she put on herself and so she was unable to access her powers fully. she basically tried bludgeoning him. vulcan would attack him in a vastly different way. mags was only able to draw out her 'life energy' (whatever the heck that means . . . ) when she reached her limit and was stunned by the fact. still a nice feat, but THAT version of phoenix wasn't all that impressive. erm

Charmander
hard to say. mag's might rip his suit apart, maybe, but i'd say that's where it would end. if it's quickdraw, who knows.
There's a difference.

Magneto can feel feel/see that Vulcan's suit is metal.

It took Vulcan a bit to realize that the Eldest was getting power from his people when it was clearly funneling into him.
He doesn't have CA.

just in the heat of battle? not sure what you're getting at. mag's is using energy against an omega energy manipulator. i'd think anything mag's tried to do could easily be countered by vulcan and his shields would be as easily bypassed as warlock's shields were. Well, he'd be shunting the power from someone who manipulates the EM field for a living. Unlike Warlock, he isn't flaunting his power source around, and he won't be drained like that.
Also, he drained the power source directly from Warlock. To shunt Magneto's power, he'd have to stop any electromagnetic energy from reaching Magneto, or even coming close. Which to me, seems hard since Magneto is a master at manipulating it himself, and can draw power from the planet... as well as it would still leave Magneto with power...

Didn't a drugged Polaris give Vulcan some trouble as well? IIRC anyway.

Warlock used shields?

meh. everyone has high end feats. i don't think rachel would fare very well against vulcan either. Like Vulcan vs Warlock? shifty

It was Jeanix

and though it is non-canon, vulcan has manipulated the energy of the m'krann crystal. irrelevent? perhaps, but it does show what some of the people at marvel consider him capable of. hard to compare them only because mags has SSOOOO many feats, but vulcan has a few pretty good ones too and his powerset is ideally suited to deal with mags.

to me, he would have more trouble with the brick types than the energy types, unless the energy types are really uber. Question:

How do you think Vulcan would do against Surfer?

Charmander

leonidas
There's a difference.

Magneto can feel feel/see that Vulcan's suit is metal.

It took Vulcan a bit to realize that the Eldest was getting power from his people when it was clearly funneling into him.
He doesn't have CA.

that's why i conceded the quick draw. not sure if mag's could do something before vulcan could react. vulcan might be able to shield himself.

if he can cut through mag's shields, he could ko mags though. and it seems he could drain mags as quickly as mags could absorb the energy.

don't think she really 'gave him trouble'. i thought he shut her down pretty quickly then had the techs put her back under. i think she hurt him once with a blindside attack. can't remember exactly but i'm sure someone will have scans.

hrm. now i think about it i don't think he did. maybe it was polaris's shields i'm thinking of. he walked through SOMEONE's frigging shield . . . so many x-overs it's hard to remember what issues things happened in.

ss would win. don't think vulcan's come into his FULL power yet, plus ss draws power from the UNIVERSE. that's a taller order. it is a fight i would love to see though. i'm fascinated by vulcan's powerset. i'd like to see him make the most of it.

leonidas

Charmander
that's why i conceded the quick draw. not sure if mag's could do something before vulcan could react. vulcan might be able to shield himself. Magneto controls metal as fast Bada shoots off his troops.

Don't know what he'd shield himself with, but meh.

if he can cut through mag's shields, he could ko mags though. and it seems he could drain mags as quickly as mags could absorb the energy.
The same Mags who has taken brutal shots from Colossus, Gambit, Iron Man, Bishop, etc without shields? It's not as simple as that.

Which would leave Magneto with his normal level of power...

don't think she really 'gave him trouble'. i thought he shut her down pretty quickly then had the techs put her back under. i think she hurt him once with a blindside attack. can't remember exactly but i'm sure someone will have scans. I haven't read the issue in a while, I just know that she was able to hurt him, and he had to exert himself to put her down.

Going from memory.

hrm. now i think about it i don't think he did. maybe it was polaris's shields i'm thinking of. he walked through SOMEONE's frigging shield . . .

Vulcan or Warlock?
Because Warlock did blow up a shield in that fight.

ss would win. don't think vulcan's come into his FULL power yet, plus ss draws power from the UNIVERSE. that's a taller order. it is a fight i would love to see though. i'm fascinated by vulcan's powerset. i'd like to see him make the most of it. It'll probably happen, unless BB kills Vulcan.

You mean blasts, and the ability to leech powers? stick out tongue

Anyway, I'm going to bed.

Charmander
careful bran--master's will be all over your a$$ you keep up that kind of talk! laughing out loud

and she WAS powerful, just inconsistently so, and inexperienced. she had some poor showings around that time as well as some good ones.
That's why I added the 'help from homos' part so I didn't have to ignore a bunch of posts that show them helping her save the multiverse universe 30 square feet of area they were occupying.

She's gay.

i got what you're saying but vulcan EASILY defeated warlock and mags was holding his own against a noob jean. THAT incarnation of phoenix, at that time, might not be very far above warlock either. jean was fragile. no guarantee a herald leveller like warlock couldn't have matched her or taken her out.

i hate phoenixes. no expression He only won that battle because he looked better. He never took him out, he just made Warlock look bad.
Warlock was still able to get away and clock him with a few hits.

maybe

Me too.

leonidas
Magneto controls metal as fast Bada shoots off his troops.

laughing out loud

i checked a little bit--lorna did hurt him while he was battling rachel so it was a surprise attack. he did put her down pretty easily a later time.

well, if he cuts mags off from drawing power from the EM field--like he did to the eldest--he should be weakened. i guess it's not impossible to say mags has reserves WITHIN him, but i'm not sure about that, nor how much. and if he's cut off, vulcan could then just draw the rest out of him. maybe. or shut down his powers, as he did to rachel.

vulcan. i'm pretty sure it was lorna's shields (maybe an energy field) he walked through but couldn't find the scan.

i brought up that what if stuff purely to show what the writers at marvel think of him, or at least his potential. here's what i think SHOULD happen if he faced mag's (again, non-canon, but i still find it interesting smile ):

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Vulcan/fights/random/fight%206/1.jpg

here is the m'krann crystal/PF stuff i mentioned earlier:

Originally posted by Galan007
In a recent 'What If', Vulcan was transported to the WHR, through the M'Kraan Crystal...

======

After killing nearly every alternate version of Phoenix -- Gabriel himself becomes the embodiment of the Force:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix1.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix2.jpg

----------

Takes the Phoenix Force from other characters:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix3.jpg

----------

According to a Watcher, Gabriel had already destroyed 7 Galaxies:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix4.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_vulcan_phoenix5.jpg

night-night. wink

Lord Feron
i'm fascinated by vulcan's powerset. i'd like to see him make the most of it.

Me to!

basilisk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.