Archimonde runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArtificialGlory
1. Alex Mercer
2. Akuma
3. Ganondorf
4. God Kratos
5. Alexstrasza

Rules:
a) Archimonde may not use Finger of Death/Greater Finger of Death unless a fight drags on for more than 15 minutes. Other than that, anything goes.
b) Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power, but does not require the Master Sword or Light Arrows to be hurt and killed.
c) Kratos does not have Blade of Olympus.

C. C. Cowgirl!
From what I've been told, Archimonde should make it at least to 4.

NemeBro
Fanboy statement: Makes it to three and gets stomped by Ganondorf's manliness.

Real statement: Makes it to four and losers to Kratos. And his manliness. no expression

Utrigita
Fanboy Statement: Clears it

Real Statement: Clears it shifty

NemeBro
How will he defeat Kratos?

Utrigita
By stepping on him shifty

NemeBro
Ult.

If Arichmonde tries to step on God Kratos, he will be thrown miles away.

Even normal sized with most of his God powers gone, Kratos threw the Collossus of Rhodes a couple miles away when it tried to step on him.

I do not even think the size difference between God Kratos and Arichmonde is that large.

Kratos with only his Demi-God powers was able to resist Atlas from crushing him...Atlas is at least as big as Arichmonde, and is thousands of times stronger.

Yeah. If Arichmonde wins, it won't be physically.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ult.

Even normal sized with most of his God powers gone, Kratos threw the Collossus of Rhodes a couple miles away when it tried to step on him.

I do not even think the size difference between God Kratos and Arichmonde is that large.

Kratos with only his Demi-God powers was able to resist Atlas from crushing him...Atlas is at least as big as Arichmonde, and is thousands of times stronger.

I agree that going into physical confrontation with Kratos would be a bad idea even for Archimonde.

Utrigita
Ult.

But he is Archimonde dur

On a more serious note. Ofcause engaging Kratos in a hand to hand confrontation is going to be suicide given the strength feats in Kratos history, what Archimonde is most likely to do imo is to teleport a good deal away from Kratus, and either use spells against him ore conjure up a Paramount spell to replicate what he did against Dalaran, where Archimonde imo showed that the durability of the conjured up projection was no stronger then the material showing it.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Utrigita
But he is Archimonde dur

On a more serious note. Ofcause engaging Kratos in a hand to hand confrontation is going to be suicide given the strength feats in Kratos history, what Archimonde is most likely to do imo is to teleport a good deal away from Kratus, and either use spells against him ore conjure up a Paramount spell to replicate what he did against Dalaran, where Archimonde imo showed that the durability of the conjured up projection was no stronger then the material showing it. 1. I remember the days when being a Warcraft character was reason enough to get a win in this place. sad

2. I cannot believe I forgot this before but...All Gods in God of War can teleport and fly.

What did he do to Dalaran?

ArtificialGlory
1. I remember the days when being a Warcraft character was reason enough to get a win in this place. sad

2. I cannot believe I forgot this before but...All Gods in God of War can teleport and fly.

What did he do to Dalaran?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3BxvHhz4XQ

I'm really not sure if it would work on a living, moving being.

NemeBro
...I'm sorry, what?

I would not really say he could do the same to a living being either...

ArtificialGlory
...I'm sorry, what?

I would not really say he could do the same to a living being either...

Don't tell me you have never seen that video.

Indeed, it's very likely that he couldn't.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Don't tell me you have never seen that video.

Indeed, it's very likely that he couldn't. Afraid not.

Utrigita
Based on what?

NemeBro
Based on the nature of the spell.

It appeared like it was made to destroy structures from a distance, it is just too vague to really say it can be IMO.

But regardless, it appears to take some prep time to use anyway.

C. C. Cowgirl!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3BxvHhz4XQ

I'm really not sure if it would work on a living, moving being.

It's a Paramount spell. It's the power to do virtually anything, for such is the power of the Warcraft magicians, no matter how insane it sounds mmm Whenever you doubt the strength of a Warcraft spell, you can think of Ner'Zhul when he shattered Draenor. I do.

Archimonde is stronger than Ner'Zhul and his items combined in terms of power. Granted, the book of Medivh and Medivh himself might surpass Archimonde, but all the tome was for was to asure Ner'Zhul that he chanted the proper words.

Burning thought
why is Alex (the red Dragon, not Mercer) past Kratos? what can she do that makes her trump Kratos who has so many powers at his disposal..and I dont know about Nemebros idea of teleporting, ive not seen Kratos do that but Archimonde probably could win through teleport/spell/teleport nvm how long it takes to kill Kratos using such a tactic.

Utrigita
Based on the nature of the spell.

It appeared like it was made to destroy structures from a distance, it is just too vague to really say it can be IMO.

But regardless, it appears to take some prep time to use anyway.

If a guy uses lets say a spell to conjure up a earthquake and destroys the magical shielded structures of Dalaran, we can't assume that the same spell can be utilized on a human?

True but teleport far enough away and prepare it into Kratos comes into view should be a fairly simple matter, not to mention that Archimonde really toke his time with drawing the circle on the ground.

BT: Krasus powerlevel was stated to be 1000 times smaller then Alexstrasza that is why.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Burning thought
why is Alex (the red Dragon, not Mercer) past Kratos? what can she do that makes her trump Kratos who has so many powers at his disposal..and I dont know about Nemebros idea of teleporting, ive not seen Kratos do that but Archimonde probably could win through teleport/spell/teleport nvm how long it takes to kill Kratos using such a tactic.

I think any one aspect has a good chance at beating Kratos. (Nozdormu and Ysera for obvious reasons, but I think he'd suffer defeat from all of them)

Burning thought
Through what feats?

C. C. Cowgirl!
Ysera and Nozdormu oneshots him. Nozdormu wipes him out of history and Ysera melts his brain (If she feels merciful).

Malygos can erase existance. Deathwing has spells that proved able to knock out the other aspects in a single shot.

Alexstrasza is the top dog. I don't know more than that mmm

Burning thought
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
Ysera and Nozdormu oneshots him. Nozdormu wipes him out of history and Ysera melts his brain (If she feels merciful).

Malygos can erase existance. Deathwing has spells that proved able to knock out the other aspects in a single shot.

Alexstrasza is the top dog. I don't know more than that mmm

Ive never even heard of Nozmordu just wiping someone out of history, maybe he should just do it to the Old gods then.....

Ive only heard of a single spell for that, theres likely ways to get around it, and for Deathwing, that's not very impressive...

neither do I....which was the prime point of my question, although its curious, Utrigita claims he rates her above Kratos based on a statement, not a feat.... erm

Utrigita
A statement made by Krasus when they assaulted Sargeras using the Axe that Brox had planted in his leg as a focus point, Krasus stated that the power he released compared to Alexstrasza was reduced thousendfold ore something like that. The fact that he compares his own personal power to a being and then stats the being in question to be above him by a significant margin is enough for me to judge that Alexstrasza >>> Krasus and this is entirely disregarding that the Aspects have always shown that they are above their off spring.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Ive never even heard of Nozmordu just wiping someone out of history, maybe he should just do it to the Old gods then.....

Ive only heard of a single spell for that, theres likely ways to get around it, and for Deathwing, that's not very impressive...

neither do I....which was the prime point of my question, although its curious, Utrigita claims he rates her above Kratos based on a statement, not a feat.... erm

You don't know our dear Nozdormu. He doesn't want to. He doesn't care if the entire Azeroth population dies in war or starvation or whatever. He couldn't care less. The only times he has been hostile was when his realm was in danger. The only time it was in danger when the Old Gods was involved, his paws were tied.

Sure. Use Malygos power against him and you are secure. Deathwing did. Not even space escaped it. The day Kratos is proven more durable than existence, I'll concede that particular point.
I think it is. Deathwing didn't even knock Malygos out when he sent him flying to the other side of the planet with a blast so powerful that it wiped out the entire blue flight.

Above KRASUS.

ArtificialGlory

1. Even though severely weakened, the Old Gods still have some time powers themselves.
2. Old Gods are apparently needed for the planet's continueous survival.
3. Nozdormu can't just go and delete someone from history just because that someone has malicious intents. It's not how it works. Nozdormu may only interfere if someone tries to screw with time directly.

Archimonde could have succeeded at destroying Azeroth and Nozdormu would have still been forbidden to interfere.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Archimonde could have succeeded at destroying Azeroth and Nozdormu would have still been forbidden to interfere.

Not forbidden, but would've chosen not to. He has zero sympathy for the living.

ArtificialGlory
Not forbidden, but would've chosen not to. He has zero sympathy for the living.

I'm pretty sure the Titans forbade him from screwing around with his powers.

But yea, he doesn't really give a damn unless someone mingles with the timeline directly.

C. C. Cowgirl!
They forbade him to abuse his powers. They showed him his death if the case would come that he suffered grand-delusion or something and use his powers for evil.

He was going to erase that lucky bastard Krasus from time and space. Go buy a lottery ticket, man.

NemeBro
If a guy uses lets say a spell to conjure up a earthquake and destroys the magical shielded structures of Dalaran, we can't assume that the same spell can be utilized on a human?

True but teleport far enough away and prepare it into Kratos comes into view should be a fairly simple matter, not to mention that Archimonde really toke his time with drawing the circle on the ground.

BT: Krasus powerlevel was stated to be 1000 times smaller then Alexstrasza that is why. 1. You're going to have to explain this to me...He is going to conjure an Earthquake on Kratos?

2. Well it also had an incantation, maybe he has to do it slowly to build his mana?

C. C. Cowgirl!
1. You're going to have to explain this to me...He is going to conjure an Earthquake on Kratos?

2. Well it also had an incantation, maybe he has to do it slowly to build his mana?

He used an example. An Earthquake effects a human even though it focus on a building.

I don't think I need to say this, but mana doesn't apply to a character outside the game. It all comes down to how much casting he can do before he is physically drained of stamina yes

Burning thought
1. Even though severely weakened, the Old Gods still have some time powers themselves.
2. Old Gods are apparently needed for the planet's continueous survival.
3. Nozdormu can't just go and delete someone from history just because that someone has malicious intents. It's not how it works. Nozdormu may only interfere if someone tries to screw with time directly.

1. makes no diffrence, according to Cowgirl Noz can just wipe something from excistence, although I think theres many limits or no limits fallacies based on this power if hes shown it at all, I doubt he could just erase a major being from time.

2. no comment

3. Thats just a duty, but obvioulsy him and his flight came up against Deathwing did they not? ive heard of all the flights facing him and being smashed away by his demon soul many times.

I think people who take Noz lack of sympathy as a reason for him to stop a major blight on the planet (Old god, Archimonde, Sarg) are taking things too far, you dont need sympathy to do that.

C. C. Cowgirl!
1. makes no diffrence, according to Cowgirl Noz can just wipe something from excistence, although I think theres many limits or no limits fallacies based on this power if hes shown it at all, I doubt he could just erase a major being from time.

2. no comment

3. Thats just a duty, but obvioulsy him and his flight came up against Deathwing did they not? ive heard of all the flights facing him and being smashed away by his demon soul many times.

I think people who take Noz lack of sympathy as a reason for him to stop a major blight on the planet (Old god, Archimonde, Sarg) are taking things too far, you dont need sympathy to do that.

1. What makes a major being any more safe from being erased from history than a lesser? Krasus would've been erased, and I don't consider him minor. He alone could probably put up a fight against Kratos.

3. The bronze dragonflight doesn't take battle. The only one that involved herself in it was Soridormi, and that was for the Demon Soul.

4. So that's why when Krasus came pleading to Nozdormu for help, Nozdormu said that the mortal realm wasn't of his concerne. Krasus told him that it would be the end of Azeroth as they knew it, and Nozdormu responded "I know".

That's not taking it too far. That's stating fact. Nozdormu wouldn't care if Azeroth went up in flames.

Burning thought
1. What makes a major being any more safe from being erased from history than a lesser? Krasus would've been erased, and I don't consider him minor. He alone could probably put up a fight against Kratos.

3. The bronze dragonflight doesn't take battle. The only one that involved herself in it was Soridormi, and that was for the Demon Soul.

4. So that's why when Krasus came pleading to Nozdormu for help, Nozdormu said that the mortal realm wasn't of his concerne. Krasus told him that it would be the end of Azeroth as they knew it, and Nozdormu responded "I know".

That's not taking it too far. That's stating fact. Nozdormu wouldn't care if Azeroth went up in flames.

1. significance in time perhaps, but as I said, ive not even seen evidence that he can erase a being from time just like that, it seems unlikely that he has such power, otherwise he would have done so.

3. Ah so they do care then...

4. Then why did Nozmordu bother doing these things youve stated? apprently he repaired a hole in time, apprently he stopped a flux destorying the world and absorbed its power, apprently hes time traveled, why would he do any of this? Also those are falliable character statements, he could have for all we know simply be dismissing Krasus in a way that he knew would work, perhaps e knew the truth of the events, then again.....it was not the end of Azeroth, considering Nozmordu is supposed to know all of time, his response was not necesserily a truthful one. You cannot assume Nozmordu would do nothing if a great enough need came along.

Even if it would destroy or lead to the destruction of him and his flight? of all the dragon flights? when is this stated that all of the world and perhaps all the dragons would be destroyed and he would do nothing? I find this hard to belive....

C. C. Cowgirl!
1. Why would he have done so? The only time his realm has been in danger, he was trapped and couldn't do anything. By the time he was free, his realm was no longer threatened, so he had no reason to go about destroying people.

3. Soridormi acted as the ambassador of the bronze flight. She cares about what happens, but doesn't involve directly. She took the place of Nozdormu in the creating of the Demon Soul without consulting him.

4. He repaired a hole in time, because the entire universe, time and space, existence was going to be destroyed. If existence would be destroyed, his realm would've been no more. I don't see what you're trying to say with this. Nozdormu has proved that he doesn't care about the fate of the mortals.

Krasus told Nozdormu that if things happened the way they were about to, Azeroth would fall and all the mortal races with it. Nozdormu answered "I know", but that doesn't mean he was saying that was going to happen. Only that it would be the result if Krasus fears came true.

The bronze dragonflight are aware that Nozdormu put his duty way above their well-being. Bronze dragons has died all over history for one reason or the other, and Nozdormu didn't even bother trying to save them. Bronze dragons themselves have said that they never expect the great one (Nozdormu) to come to their aid.

Nozdormu is a heartless, icecold bastard. Probably the most selfish and emotionless character in Warcraft (That includes Sargeras)

Burning thought
1. Why would he have done so? The only time his realm has been in danger, he was trapped and couldn't do anything. By the time he was free, his realm was no longer threatened, so he had no reason to go about destroying people.

3. Soridormi acted as the ambassador of the bronze flight. She cares about what happens, but doesn't involve directly. She took the place of Nozdormu in the creating of the Demon Soul without consulting him.

4. He repaired a hole in time, because the entire universe, time and space, existence was going to be destroyed. If existence would be destroyed, his realm would've been no more. I don't see what you're trying to say with this. Nozdormu has proved that he doesn't care about the fate of the mortals.

Krasus told Nozdormu that if things happened the way they were about to, Azeroth would fall and all the mortal races with it. Nozdormu answered "I know", but that doesn't mean he was saying that was going to happen. Only that it would be the result if Krasus fears came true.

The bronze dragonflight are aware that Nozdormu put his duty way above their well-being. Bronze dragons has died all over history for one reason or the other, and Nozdormu didn't even bother trying to save them. Bronze dragons themselves have said that they never expect the great one (Nozdormu) to come to their aid.

Nozdormu is a heartless, icecold bastard. Probably the most selfish and emotionless character in Warcraft (That includes Sargeras)

1. Why would anyone trap him if he wouldnt bother doing anything?

3. So bronze dragons can have emotions it seems.

4. Ime not talking about mortals, for an intelligent being such as Nozmordu not to do anything if the whole of Azeroth, him and his flight included are in danger of enslavement or complete destruction by the legion or Old gods and he does have the power to erase them then he would do so.

So its not evidence, Nozmordu knows whats going to happen, obvioulsy Azeroth did not fall.

But being icecold does not mean he is unintelligent, he knows according to his time powers when events are going to happen, therefore if something really was going to threaten the world, unvierse etc, he would stop it, as shown so far, consdiering Sarg/Old Gods are a threat, he could apprently erase them, I doubt anyone would ever speak so highly of them, hell they rarely speak as highly of Noz if he could erase a Titan or an Old God.

NemeBro
He used an example. An Earthquake effects a human even though it focus on a building.

I don't think I need to say this, but mana doesn't apply to a character outside the game. It all comes down to how much casting he can do before he is physically drained of stamina yes The earthquake that destroyed Dalaran would not make Kratos lose his balance though...

For normal spells. Paramount spells to my understanding are not applied the same way normal ones are. Mana is just one way to put it. Would you preger energy? Magicka? Power?

ArtificialGlory
The earthquake that destroyed Dalaran would not make Kratos lose his balance though...

For normal spells. Paramount spells to my understanding are not applied the same way normal ones are. Mana is just one way to put it. Would you preger energy? Magicka? Power?

It wasn't an earthquake.

NemeBro
They just told me that's what it was. no expression

ArtificialGlory
They just told me that's what it was. no expression

'They' were wrong.

NemeBro
Then what was it?

ArtificialGlory
Then what was it?

Da voodoo, mon.

On a more serious note, he created an effigy of the city on the sand and crushed it. The real city went with it. Very powerful warlock magic.

The tower he brought down at the start obviously fell not because of an earthquake.

C. C. Cowgirl!
The earthquake that destroyed Dalaran would not make Kratos lose his balance though...

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/tactical_facepalm.jpg

Utrigita
For the love of God guys, read what I posted. laughing out loud

I asked the question if Nemebro believed that a spell that can level a building (nemebro said some structures Dalaran is far more then that and I merely corrected him) was entirely ineffective against a human being. I used the example of a Earthquake, I could have used tornado, Tidal Wave etc.

Burning thought
Show him the video, its pretty much a sand castle of the target, which is then crushed

C. C. Cowgirl!
For the record, Finger of Death is a paramount spell.

NemeBro
For the love of God guys, read what I posted. laughing out loud

I asked the question if Nemebro believed that a spell that can level a building (nemebro said some structures Dalaran is far more then that and I merely corrected him) was entirely ineffective against a human being. I used the example of a Earthquake, I could have used tornado, Tidal Wave etc. Stfu. estahuh

Level a building? As in how? If the way Arichmonde did it for instance, yes, personally. It is far too vague.

C. C. Cowgirl!
How I see it, Archimonde broke the structure balance of the building and it merely fell apart. He clutched with his hand around the sand structure, but the building itself didn't seem crushed by a giant hand. It was merely snapped in half mmm I wonder what that means.

NemeBro
How I see it, Archimonde broke the structure balance of the building and it merely fell apart. He clutched with his hand around the sand structure, but the building itself didn't seem crushed by a giant hand. It was merely snapped in half mmm I wonder what that means. Blizzard didn't want to fork out the extra cash to make the destruction of Dalaran fit with Arichmonde crushing it with his hand? mmm

C. C. Cowgirl!
For what it's worth, he destroyed a Night Elf city with a single gesture (And yes, that's all the details there's to it. That's how the event is described)

NemeBro
What city? Size, etc.

C. C. Cowgirl!
It didn't say. A Night Elf city on top of Mt. Hyjal.

NemeBro
So...Nothing is known about it?

C. C. Cowgirl!
Nothing. It was his last act of violence before he climed the World Tree stick out tongue

ArtificialGlory
Nothing. It was his last act of violence before he climed the World Tree stick out tongue

Everyone who was in that city blew up into gory chunks too.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Oh?

ArtificialGlory
Oh?

Yep.

Utrigita
Yeah it is shown ingame where Archimonde clears the last obstacle on his way to mount Hyjal, and it has been described in lorebooks that the base was leveled with a sweep of his hand.

kk, I doesn't think that it's in any way vague. Like C.C. said, a hand wasn't shown the tower was just crushed as a result of Archimonde closing his hand around the projection which would indicate that the projection and the actual object is linked together by Archimondes Magic, that it shouldn't be capable of being performed on a human doesn't hold imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.