Punisher vs Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phantom Zone
They have to find and kill each other. They are both in the streets of NYC both in different locations. Punisher has standard equipment ( no hi-tech shit)

D_Dude1210
Punisher. Spite.

Phantom Zone
spite?

Starscream M
puniaher 7/10

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
spite?

Hunting people down and sniping them is what Punisher does. :-/ Would be like Cyke challenging him to a staring contest.

Raoul
Cyclops isn't an assassin. Punisher ftw.

Phantom Zone
X-force.

Raoul
X-force.

cyclops isn't in x-force, he just assigns their targets (which is ridiculous in the first place).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Raoul
cyclops isn't in x-force, he just assigns their targets (which is ridiculous in the first place).

True.

Punisher for the easy win.

Wei Phoenix
X-force.

Is X-Force allowed in this scenario?

Phantom Zone

Yeah I know but he seems to have some sort of knowledge in what they are doing. Im just trying to help.

Sado22
punisher ftw. slaps that little goodie two shoes badly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Hunting people down and sniping them is what Punisher does. :-/ Would be like Cyke challenging him to a staring contest.

laughing

rotiart
Bloodlust off?
Punisher 9/10 for all the reasons stated above

Bloodlust on then it depends on starting distance
Cyclops typically could level all of new York on top of punisher before frank could react... In that case Scott 9/10

But as bloodlust is not stated... Franks the winner

Gamerr-X
Punisher

Enyalus
Frank FTW.

Wild Shadow
frank

Battlehammer
does cyclopes care about killing inoccant people?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Battlehammer
does cyclopes care about killing inoccant people?
Why would he care about saving a bunch of lowly and pathetic flatscans who have done nothing but persecute him all his life?

shifty

jasofisc
Originally posted by Enyalus
Why would he care about saving a bunch of lowly and pathetic flatscans who have done nothing but persecute him all his life?

shifty

yeah he didn't seem to care about genociding the skrulls (didn't do it but he could have and wouldn't have cared the hypocrate)

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Is X-Force allowed in this scenario?

occultdestroyer
Cyclops goes apeshit and removes his visors for some "GET OFF MY LAWN!" blasts.

Punisher, along with half of NYC, is obliterated.

Phantom Zone

No.

Juk3n
Punisher Spite

Battlehammer
depends if cyclopes is willing to kill inccent people as well

Phantom Zone
Which he won't.

Battlehammer
but he willing to kill punisher? sweet thread, nice way to give you fav character the win right? this is a dumb thread really dumb and spiteful.

he how about we make a punisher vs cyclopes thread, but punisher only has a knife.......to equal out this spite thread?

Mshinu
Frank takes the vast majority.

Phantom Zone
You're pissed because of the MA rankings thread.

Battlehammer
I find it kinda sad that you make a thread for the soul purposes your fav character wins which is clearly what you did here.

Phantom Zone

Battlehammer
not pissed about the MA thread, that does not bother me, your snide comments through out it and in general bother me. I also dislike how you attack other posters simoply because you are annoyed about how dumb they make you look all the time. I also am annoyed that you have yet the answer my question ive asked you the thread starter in the MA thread for 20 pages now that you refuses to answer, but I could care less about who was moved up or down.

Phantom Zone
You done now?

Battlehammer
are you done making spite thread so your fav character will win?

Phantom Zone
Its not spite. erm

Battlehammer
oh it most certainly is and you dam well know it. oh please tlel me how cyclopes has a chance here give the stipulations?

Phantom Zone
oh it most certainly is and you dam well know it.

Er no. Cyclops is a master strategist he should be able to get 3 wins.

Wei Phoenix
No.

Then what does mentioning X-Force have to do with this thread since it's not a plausible tactic? Anything X-Force does, does not count as a feat for him.

Battlehammer
no he really shouldent, he does not have nearly the training nor fights in this kinda of fashion. every single thing about this scenerio caters to punisher entire character. This is how he fights all day log, he trains to fight this why, it his way of life and you dam well know it a spite.

Phantom Zone
Then what does mentioning X-Force have to do with this thread since it's not a plausible tactic? Anything X-Force does, does not count as a feat for him.

My point was simply that he must have some knowledge of how assasins do their business eventhough hes not an active member.

Wei Phoenix

Wouldn't call him a master strategist.

Battlehammer
My point was simply that he must have some knowledge of how assasins do their business eventhough hes not an active member.
no it doesent it pretty lame arguement

Wei Phoenix

Not really. I thought he just leaved it up to Wolverine when it came to how they executed their plans.

Phantom Zone
Wouldn't call him a master strategist.

Nick Fury would.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/SecretWarFiles14.jpg

Not really. I thought he just leaved it up to Wolverine when it came to how they executed their plans.

Not all the time I dont think Wolverine always agrees. Anyway I his years of experience in the X-men and knowing Wolverine will help to an extent, im pretty sure hes gone up against assassins at some point.

Battlehammer
scot only picks the targets and the team, he does not tell wolverine and x-force how to kill there target or carry out there stategy

Phantom Zone
Nick Fury would.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/SecretWarFiles14.jpg

Not all the time I dont think Wolverine always agrees. Anyway I his years of experience in the X-men and knowing Wolverine will help to an extent, im pretty sure hes gone up against assassins at some point.

Battlehammer
no it won't help at all from this being a spite. You know it is you made it. Just admitt it is, and be done with it now you just reaching for the sake of not looking like you created a spite thread so your love crush would win

Phantom Zone
no it won't help at all from this being a spite. You know it is you made it. Just admitt it is, and be done with it now you just reaching for the sake of not looking like you created a spite thread so your love crush would win

Read what I posted and stop arguing.

Battlehammer
Read what I posted and stop arguing.
it a debate the entire point is to argue.

and what you posted above means nothing and does not make it anyless a spiute thread.

the entire thread limits cyclopes and caters to punisher. Punisher fights like this every single day, he trains to fight like this he lives for it, cyclopes never fights this way nor trains for it. also limits his powers due to inocents and biulings.
it a dam spite thread which you made on purposes.

Juk3n
As Nick Fury has already stated, twice, Scott Summers lacks the killer instict for this thread, he fails. he is chanceless, master stratagist maybe in an all out team vs team battle zone, when it comes to stealth, hunter/killer tactics, he is null and void in this Spite thread.

Phantom Zone
it a debate the entire point is to argue.

and what you posted above means nothing and does not make it anyless a spiute thread.

the entire thread limits cyclopes and caters to punisher. Punisher fights like this every single day, he trains to fight like this he lives for it, cyclopes never fights this way nor trains for it. also limits his powers due to inocents and biulings.
it a dam spite thread which you made on purposes.

Cyclops has never been hunted by assassins before? Cyclops is still extremely accurate.

Originally posted by Juk3n
As Nick Fury has already stated, twice, Scott Summers lacks the killer instict for this thread, he fails. he is chanceless, master stratagist maybe in an all out team vs team battle zone, when it comes to stealth, hunter/killer tactics, he is null and void in this Spite thread.

Thats not the case nowhere days. Starting X-force shows his change in mentality.

Battlehammer
Cyclops has never been hunted by assassins before? Cyclops is still extremely accurate.

Thats not the case nowhere days. Starting X-force shows his change in mentality.

Not to my knowledge, and not in a city and certainly not some one of punishe rknwoeldge and experiences this is a spite thread.

not really it certainly does not mean he has a killer intent now, if he did he bee on the team him self which he aint, which shows to prove he actaully lacks the killer intent, but in understands that some of there bad guys need to be killed (by others) in order to save his race.

Juk3n
Cyclops loses here, it is inevitable. There is no Spoon.

Phantom Zone
Not to my knowledge, and not in a city and certainly not some one of punishe rknwoeldge and experiences this is a spite thread.

Yeah hes been hunted before. Maybe not in a city but he can use his head and adapt thats why hes a master strategist.

not really it certainly does not mean he has a killer intent now, if he did he bee on the team him self which he aint, which shows to prove he actaully lacks the killer intent,

That because hes not as skillful.

but in understands that some of there bad guys need to be killed (by others) in order to save his race.

Yeah but for some reason he never decided to do it in the past. You can clearly see hes more vicious. If torturing people isnt an example of that I dont know what is.

Cyclops loses here, it is inevitable. There is no Spoon.

Sure but its not spite.

Juk3n
He'd be gunned down 10/10. And i can't see much if any room for argument. "He's a master stratagist" doesn't cut it here. So is Frank, and in the given stipulations, this is Franks show and boy he doth run it!

An open field would be Spite in Cyclops favour and this city hunter/prey game is Spite in Franks.

Phantom Zone
"He's a master stratagist" doesn't cut it here.

Why not?

Juk3n
Why not?

Because is just like saying Batman with prep > all

Why would being a lesser master stratagist than your combatant, in a scenerio that fits his tactical prowess possibly give Cyke a win?

So, he's a master stratagist right?

What would he do?

How would he win?

I cn think of 5 ways right now how Punisher with his arsenal might pull of a clean win, can you account for Scotts?

Phantom Zone
Because is just like saying Batman with prep > all

Why would being a lesser master stratagist than your combatant, in a scenerio that fits his tactical prowess possibly give Cyke a win?

So, he's a master stratagist right?

What would he do?

How would he win?

I cn think of 5 ways right now how Punisher with his arsenal might pull of a clean win, can you account for Scotts?

Well im not a master strategist but he does actually know what a sniprer is and has gotten out of deagh traps. Why are Punishers traps immune to de detected?

Obvoulsy Punisher could snipe him but you dont think somebody of Cyke intelligence could figure away to make that difficult?

Juk3n
Well im not a master strategist but he does actually know what a sniprer is and has gotten out of deagh traps. Why are Punishers traps immune to de detected?

Obvoulsy Punisher could snipe him but you dont think somebody of Cyke intelligence could figure away to make that difficult?

Like?

One example of how Cyclops can win? One feesable example, that given the knowledge Punisher has will get Cyke a win.

You're the OP, you must have a tiny idea of how Cyke can win when you started the thread, other than "he sees him and shoots him with eye beams!!" And ofcourse the OP giving us one feesable example of how one of his combatants could pull a win, will stop all claims of Spite.

So...How can Cyke win here?

Phantom Zone
Actually I was going to concede but if you're going to be like that..

Like?

One example of how Cyclops can win? One feesable example, that given the knowledge Punisher has will get Cyke a win.

You're the OP, you must have a tiny idea of how Cyke can win when you started the thread, other than "he sees him and shoots him with eye beams!!" And ofcourse the OP giving us one feesable example of how one of his combatants could pull a win, will stop all claims of Spite.

So...How can Cyke win here?

He actually knows what a sniper is. Its actually possible for him to figure out place where he might be he could actually set up trap. Eventhough he lacks the expeirence he has the intelligence.

Juk3n
He sets up a trap..

Cyclops wins here...because he sets up a trap. For Punisher.

no expression

Phantom Zone
He sets up a trap..

Cyclops wins here...because he sets up a trap. For Punisher.

no expression

One of Punsihers definte tactics is to use sniping. Cyke can limit Punisher options by hiding out in a certain envinronment ie he needs tall buildings fairly far off.

Also its possible that Pun may go for the body instead of the head like he did wth Cap (Cyke could have added protection), if Cyke is wounded Cyke could blast the location of Puns hiding.

Juk3n
You had me at "a Trap".

Phantom Zone
You had me at "a Trap".

Punisher is most likely to find Cyke. So Cykes best option is to wait for Pun to find him. Knowing that there is a very good chance that Pun will try to snipe him Cyke should hide in an evinronment which limits his ability to do this but not completely ie an area with loads of high buildings will make it very difficult for Cyke to guess where Puns hiding place will be.

If you have an area with several buildings or a few its possible for Cyke to guess where he could be. All Cyclops needs to do is step out and one day Pun will try to gun him down. Now if Pun goes for Cykes body instead of his head and the shot doesnt kill him (wears more protection) he can blast the location of where Punisher is hiding.

Mshinu
All Cyclops needs to do is step out and one day Pun will try to gun him down. Now if Pun goes for Cykes body instead of his head and the shot doesnt kill him (wears more protection) he can blast the location of where Punisher is hiding.

Deliberatly getting shot by Punisher sounds like a poor tactic indeed.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Mshinu
Deliberatly getting shot by Punisher sounds like a poor tactic indeed.

It may be the only option and it could work.

Mshinu
It may be the only option and it could work.

Even trying to beat Castle at his own game is better than what you suggested.

Cyke is more than likely to die from the first shot.
Even assuming the first bullet is stopped by protection Cyke can be stunned not to mention suffer broken ribs.
Punisher will fire more than one round to make sure the job is done.
As any sniper Punisher is a master of concealment and cover, he will also have backup positions. Flushing him out is not easy.

Making yourself a target = Dumb

Phantom Zone
Even trying to beat Castle at his own game is better than what you suggested.

Cyke is more than likely to die from the first shot.

Not if he has added protection I kinda explained that.

Even assuming the first bullet is stopped by protection Cyke can be stunned not to mention suffer broken ribs.

Yeah he could however hes taken on a team of Xmen with busted ribs. Also depends on how much protections hes wearing. His uniform actually protects him from bullets if he has another level of kevlar that could help, he may decide to have even more protection under that...I would.

Punisher will fire more than one round to make sure the job is done.

Thats funny he didnt do that with Captain America.

As any sniper Punisher is a master of concealment and cover, he will also have backup positions. Flushing him out is not easy.

A master strategist like Cyke couldnt do it? I know it wont be easy but now you're assuming he wont be able to do it and you're making alot of assumptions, which isnt bad but you're kinda assuming its clear cut.

Making yourself a target = Dumb

Really? Howcomes this tactic has been used bafore?

Survivor19
Why can't Cyclops snipe Punisher or sneak up on him, i wonder?..

Raoul
Yeah I know but he seems to have some sort of knowledge in what they are doing. Im just trying to help.

it's a mismatch. he doesn't even formulate many of the strategies. he just says "go here, kill so and so."

Originally posted by Enyalus

shifty

he cares more than frank.

cyclops isn't an assassin. at all.

i'm closing this thread shortly.

Phantom Zone
it's a mismatch. he doesn't even formulate many of the strategies. he just says "go here, kill so and so."

Its not spite though.

cyclops isn't an assassin. at all.

You dont neccesarily have to be, you have to be smart.

i'm closing this thread shortly.

Um I actually in the middle of discussing one viable win for Cyke. there is also another definite way he could win but I dont want to get to it yet.

Mshinu
Not if he has added protection I kinda explained that.

Is he going to wear protection to his face? Even so a sniper rifle is powerful enough to penetrate kevlar.

Well I guess he learned from his mistake then?

Ever tried to spot a sniper yourself? It is next to impossible, even more so after the shock of getting hit by a bullet protection or not. Bear in mind a good sniper will not exactly be close to his target either.

You tell me, it is hillarious unless it is the absolute last option or you are immune to bullets. I have taught urban tactics to the infantry and I wouldn`t reccomend doing this in a million years.

By the way I know Cyke is resourceful and give him 1, maybe 2, wins against Castle.

Raoul
Its not spite though.

it is, when one person is a highly trained assassin with years of experience, and the other person isn't. regardless of cyclops' training, he's not that type of soldier.

Phantom Zone
it is, when one person is a highly trained assassin with years of experience, and the other person isn't. regardless of cyclops' training, he's not that type of soldier.

Sorry that argument doesnt neccesraily work. Jigsaw has no militray training but still has manged to outsmart Frank. You just have to be very smart but yeah it helps.

Raoul
Sorry that argument doesnt neccesraily work. Jigsaw has no militray training but still has manged to outsmart Frank. You just have to be very smart but yeah it helps.

they have to find and kill each other. that's assassination, so yeah, it does.

cyclops could outsmart him, but he's not the assassin frank is, and the fact that he won't kill just makes it ridiculous. if he was willing to kill, then he'd simply level the city.

Phantom Zone
they have to find and kill each other. that's assassination, so yeah, it does.

cyclops could outsmart him, but he's not the assassin frank is, and the fact that he won't kill just makes it ridiculous. if he was willing to kill, then he'd simply level the city.

Im assuming he wont hold back in terms of killing. Is that ok now?

Phantom Zone
Is he going to wear protection to his face? Even so a sniper rifle is powerful enough to penetrate kevlar.

Assuming hes going to shoot him the face is an assumption. He didnt do it with Cap.

Well I guess he learned from his mistake then?

Did you ask him then? If you hadnt maybe you shouldnt make assumptions. Characters tend to make the same mistakes.

Ever tried to spot a sniper yourself? It is next to impossible, .

Am I master stratgeist?

even more so after the shock of getting hit by a bullet protection or not. .

If Cyke can take out Collosus after getting his ribs busted and then punk a team of Xmen. Then theres a decent chance he can react to being shot.

Bear in mind a good sniper will not exactly be close to his target either.

Yeah because Cyke cant decimate objects from long range.

You tell me, it is hillarious unless it is the absolute last option or you are immune to bullets. I have taught urban tactics to the infantry and I wouldn`t reccomend doing this in a million years.

This is a comic book couldnt careless what you've done. As far as I know Batmans kevlar isnt immune to bullets but he still used it as a tactic.

By the way I know Cyke is resourceful and give him 1, maybe 2, wins against Castle.

Great.

Mshinu
Assuming hes going to shoot him the face is an assumption. He didnt do it with Cap.

Did you ask him then? If you hadnt maybe you shouldnt make assumptions. Characters tend to make the same mistakes.

There is no reason to target the body core for Castle, he can easily make a head shot. Since Cyke is known to wear kevlar it is the logical thing to do. And we are not including PIS are we?

Even if you were you would have trouble spotting a concealed master sniper at several hundred yards.

I give him a 10% chanse to survive the first shot. He will likely be stunned so a second and third shot is likely. I give him a 30% chanse to spot Castle before he moves (which he will probably do after about 3 shots or if Cyke is standing after the 1st). This is asuming Castle does not use another mode of attack like grenades, freeze gun or whatever.

Indeed he can. Doesn`t mean he can hit what he can`t see tho.

Raoul
Im assuming he wont hold back in terms of killing. Is that ok now?

you said he has to kill punisher. that means something is obviously wrong with him that makes him want to kill a human being.

i'm closing the thread. there's absolutely no point to it. vs threads are supposed to be reasonably evenly matched, and their has to be competition over who gets the majority. cyclops isn't going to even have a chance of getting the majority, so it becomes a spite thread.

if any of the other mods disagree, fair enough, but i'm done with this thread.

and no, i don't want pm's complaining about it. the rules back me up on this decision.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.