Superman vs. Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman (His strength is increased ten fold here. Let's assume it's some random Kryptonian technology or the sort. His strength is increased throughout the duration of the fight.)

vs.

Wonder Woman (She has her Armor, Aegis bracelets, and her Gauntlets of Atlas.)

Stipulations - This is a pure hand to hand fight. No speed blitzing, and no flying.

Who wins?

Raoul
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman (His strength is increased ten fold here. Let's assume it's some random Kryptonian technology or the sort. His strength is increased throughout the duration of the fight.)

vs.

Stipulations - This is a pure hand to hand fight. No speed blitzing, and no flying.

Who wins?

Superman.

Starscream M
superman

Rage.Of.Olympus
err

Exactly why?

Wonder Woman is a better fighter than him...

I honestly, gave the exact same stipulations for Thor vs. Wonder Woman. Just pure hand to hand, no speed blitzing etc. and Wonder Woman was too skilled.

Hell, I even doubled Warrior Madness Thor's strength, with the belt of strength, and she was still getting votes.

Just trying to understand exactly what's the major difference I'm missing here.....

xJLxKing
Hmm tough fight. They are pretty much equal. Superman would be faster, and stronger. However, WW's reflexes are better. I am going with Superman. Majority goes to Superman imo

D_Dude1210
err

Exactly why?

I honestly, gave the exact same stipulations for Thor vs. Wonder Woman. Just pure hand to hand, no speed blitzing etc. and Wonder Woman was too skilled.

Hell, I even doubled Warrior Madness Thor's strength, with the belt of strength, and she was still getting votes.

Just trying to understand exactly what's the major difference I'm missing here.....

WW has fanbois?

Raoul
Superman's reflexes have always been close enough to Diana's to keep up (if you're assuming she's quicker, which i don't), and the 10x strength is a huge boost.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Raoul
Superman's reflexes have always been close enough to Diana's to keep up (if you're assuming she's quicker, which i don't), and the 10x strength is a huge boost.

Thor can react at speeds faster than thought, and at speeds faster than light. He also got a ten times strength boost. I even boosted Warrior Madness Thor's strength who was already Thor at ten times the normal, with his belt of strength. I don't mean to go off topic. I'm simply trying to understand the major difference here is all.

Is there really that much biased....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
WW has fanbois?

Apparently a lot of them then....

Raoul
Thor can react at speeds faster than thought, and at speeds faster than light. He also got a ten times strength boost. I even boosted Warrior Madness Thor's strength who was already Thor at ten times the normal, with his belt of strength. I don't mean to go off topic. I'm simply trying to understand the major difference here is all.

Is there really that much biased....

i honestly havent read much of the other thread.

iirc, thor isn't generally considered to have reflexes on par with superman. that might be it. other than that, i dunno...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hmm tough fight. They are pretty much equal. Superman would be faster, and stronger. However, WW's reflexes are better. I am going with Superman. Majority goes to Superman imo

Pure hand to hand combat. Meaning combat movement and reflexes, is their choices in super speed.

You're biased, so I'm not surprised by you're opinion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i honestly havent read much of the other thread.

iirc, thor isn't generally considered to have reflexes on par with superman. that might be it. other than that, i dunno...

So it's more ignorance, than biased opinion?

Hmm.....

I'm just surprised is all. With the exact same stipulations, Wonder Woman is given the win because she is a better fighter(Which is debatable as that's Thor.), and here......

I even doubled his already ten fold strength with his belt of strength. Still Diana.....

Well, thanks for the insight.

xJLxKing
Pure hand to hand combat. Meaning combat movement and reflexes, is their choices in super speed.

You're biased, so I'm not surprised by you're opinion.
Me bias?? Not really! but we all are at some point!! Even you!!

Any ways, You said no Speed Blitz so Superman can still use his speed but not speedblitz. His strenght is still much higher because it's multiplied by 10.

Spire
Superman.

And lol at the "No speed blitzing"... This is negated by them both having super speed.

Lord Feron
I always thought the gauntlet was some serious badassness. Maybe not badass enough?

Also Superman times 10 is pretty nasty imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Me bias?? Not really! but we all are at some point!! Even you!!

Any ways, You said no Speed Blitz so Superman can still use his speed but not speedblitz. His strenght is still much higher because it's multiplied by 10.

Yes really. I'm also biased to an extent to. I think there is some biased in whenever someone forms an opinion, unless purely, scientific etc.

Yes, he can use combat speed, reflexes and the like but no speed blitz. Trying to make it fair.

How is his strength much higher?

Do you really, believe Superman is that much stronger than Wonder Woman, Thor etc.?

xJLxKing
Yes really. I'm also biased to an extent to. I think there is some biased in whenever someone forms an opinion, unless purely, scientific etc.

Yes, he can use combat speed, reflexes and the like but no speed blitz. Trying to make it fair.

How is his strength much higher?

Do you really, believe Superman is that much stronger than Wonder Woman, Thor etc.?
It's simply. Everyone knows Superman is stronger then WW, right??
Now just imagine if Superman's strenght was 10 out of 10, and WW was 9 out of 9. If you multiply it by 10, that gap between then keeps increasing. So when you said x10, you made him much stronger then her when they are both at base strength. Get it??

I already said, he is stronger then her, and faster. She has better reflexes, and their combat skills are pretty much the same. So yeah, I have a good reason why i give Superman a win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's simply. Everyone knows Superman is stronger then WW, right??
Now just imagine if Superman's strenght was 10 out of 10, and WW was 9 out of 9. If you multiply it by 10, that gap between then keeps increasing. So when you said x10, you made him much stronger then her when they are both at base strength. Get it??

I'm not disputing the fact he is stronger. That's just common sense. Even in this situation. I'm just surprised you said "much" stronger. Wonder Woman according to you as well, can rival Superman in strength. Each receiving a ten times amp in strength, should still keep it balanced. The gap is there, but even according to you, it shouldn't be very large.

I already said, he is stronger then her, and faster. She has better reflexes, and their combat skills are pretty much the same. So yeah, I have a good reason why i give Superman a win.

eer

According to you, Wonder Woman is that much of a more skilled fighter than Thor, yet Superman and her have the same combat skills?

*Sigh*

iceman24567
Supermans pimp hand = Wonder Womans death

xJLxKing
No, I am just saying that if you multiply there base strength, the gap keeps increasing; it doesn't stay the same!

I am pretty sure that I said that she is more experienced then Thor. Which Superman and WW both are, IMO!!

Spire
Lol @ math fail.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, I am just saying that if you multiply there base strength, the gap keeps increasing; it doesn't stay the same!

Doesn't, but the gap doesn't get to the point where it's much larger.

I am pretty sure that I said that she is more experienced then Thor. Which Superman and WW both are, IMO!!

Do I have to quote you? You said she is a better fighter etc.

Seriously, Wonder Woman is one thing, but Superman, more experienced than Thor?

Thor, not only has thousands and thousands of his own experience, but he also has the experience of all his past lives etc.

How you can say with a straight face, that Superman and Wonder Woman are more experienced, is beyond me.......

xJLxKing
Enough to make a difference.

Can you find the scan where it says that he has thousands of years of experience? Or that he has experienced from his past life.

carver9
I'm not disputing the fact he is stronger. That's just common sense. Even in this situation. I'm just surprised you said "much" stronger. Wonder Woman according to you as well, can rival Superman in strength. Each receiving a ten times amp in strength, should still keep it balanced. The gap is there, but even according to you, it shouldn't be very large.

eer

According to you, Wonder Woman is that much of a more skilled fighter than Thor, yet Superman and her have the same combat skills?

*Sigh*

You're right, wonder woman is as strong as supes and everyone that has voted in this thread so far hate the fact that wonder woman is supes equal physically with a gap going to her fighting wise.

For some reason I always gave wonder woman the nods over people like supes (Hyperion, Supreme, Martian manhunter, magestic, etc....) because she is them but her fighting skill gives her the edge. Yes they have other powers but they other powers that they have is basically meaningless towards her shields, reflexes, and durability.

In this scenerio, wonder woman wins this just like she defeats thor, she win it 8/10 with her upgrades. Even though supes gets this amp, you gave thor the belt ALONG with the warrior madness and he still shouldnt be able to pull a majority.

My thoughts on this is that you basically took away the only, minor (still wouldnt help) advantage superman has had and thats speed blitz (which still wouldnt have made a difference in the fight) but overrall he should lose to someone who is his better in fighting.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
You're right, wonder woman is as strong as supes and everyone that has voted in this thread so far hate the fact that wonder woman is supes equal physically with a gap going to her fighting wise.

For some reason I always gave wonder woman the nods over people like supes (Hyperion, Supreme, Martian manhunter, magestic, etc....) because she is them but her fighting skill gives her the edge. Yes they have other powers but they other powers that they have is basically meaningless towards her shields, reflexes, and durability.

In this scenerio, wonder woman wins this just like she defeats thor, she win it 8/10 with her upgrades. Even though supes gets this amp, you gave thor the belt ALONG with the warrior madness and he still shouldnt be able to pull a majority.

My thoughts on this is that you basically took away the only, minor (still wouldnt help) advantage superman has had and thats speed blitz (which still wouldnt have made a difference in the fight) but overrall he should lose to someone who is his better in fighting.
That's funny. If you actually read his post, he said that he agrees that Superman is stronger just not by a huge gap?

carver9
That's funny. If you actually read his post, he said that he agrees that Superman is stronger just not by a huge gap?

And I said the same thing, it wasnt him that I was talking about that thinks wonder woman isnt close to being as strong as supes is.

If you read my post I start it off as being "you're right.".

Spire
Doesn't, but the gap doesn't get to the point where it's much larger.

9 and 10: The difference = 1

90 and 100: The difference = 10

xJLxKing
And I said the same thing, it wasnt him that I was talking about that thinks wonder woman isnt close to being as strong as supes is.

If you read my post I start it off as being "you're right.".
Are you okay?
Listen to what you said! the underlined words are the key.

Maybe it's just me confused

Rage.Of.Olympus
Enough to make a difference.

Still with just a ten times amp, the difference shouldn't be the that much larger than she is used to having when she fights Superman. Still the same difference is present when fights Thor....

Can you find the scan where it says that he has thousands of years of experience? Or that he has experienced from his past life.

What's there to scan? Look at how old Thor is. He was already fighting, while man was still in caves.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor118.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Spire
9 and 10: The difference = 1

90 and 100: The difference = 10

Dude, that's just basic common sense. I agree that the gap increases, but not to the point the difference in their strength, is much larger.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Well, at least you're consistent, for that, I won't nitpick some of you're statements.

Spire
Dude, that's just basic common sense. I agree that the gap increases, but not to the point the difference in their strength, is much larger.

If it is basic common sense why are you not following it?

carver9
Are you okay?
Listen to what you said! the underlined words are the key.

Maybe it's just me confused

Yep, I said "is as strong" which mean "she's just as strong" but a small edge goes to supes. I thought "just as" or "is as" doesnt mean equal because if I thought they were equal in strength I would have said that she's supes equal strength wise.

And just because superman is a little stronger than wonder woman doesnt mean that they're not equals. Her fighting skills, shields, reflexes, and amazonian experience make up for any edge superman, sentry, martian manhunter, Supreme, hyperion, Thor without his hammer, etc.... has.

This shouldnt even be an argument about wonder woman being supes equal due to how much it has been said on panel. confused

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Spire
If it is basic common sense why are you not following it?

How am I not following it?

xJLxKing
If it's clear that Base Superman is stronger then WW, then I think it will be that much easier to see that.

Hehe, I know that! I saw that scan before. It doesn't say nothing about his experience in hand to hand. Right? Same goes with Superman. All he has is his hands to fight with. He was also in a thousand year war.

xJLxKing
Yep, I said "is as strong" which mean "she's just as strong" but a small edge goes to supes. I thought "just as" or "is as" doesnt mean equal because if I thought they were equal in strength I would have said that she's supes equal strength wise.

And just because superman is a little stronger than wonder woman doesnt mean that they're not equals. Her fighting skills, shields, reflexes, and amazonian experience make up for any edge superman, sentry, martian manhunter, Supreme, hyperion, Thor without his hammer, etc.... has.

This shouldnt even be an argument about wonder woman being supes equal due to how much it has been said on panel. confused
It's funny really. It's been stated quite a few times that Superman>>Wonder Woman. That much is clear.

carver9
Still with just a ten times amp, the difference shouldn't be the that much larger than she is used to having when she fights Superman. Still the same difference is present when fights Thor....

What's there to scan? Look at how old Thor is. He was already fighting, while man was still in caves.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor118.jpg

Your statement was recently shown in thors book. They even showed thor as a child fighting frost giants etc.... and they showed the first time he wielded mjolnir (when he was a teenager).

Your statement is true, some people just dont have the knowledge of it.

Spire
How am I not following it?

Explain to me how you are.

carver9
It's funny really. It's been stated quite a few times that Superman>>Wonder Woman. That much is clear.

When was that ever stated? confused

And all the times that was brought up about Diana being supes equal, majority of it came from supes own mouth.

And Diana on panel fights against supes ALSO show her being his equal.

SoulDevourer
Supe

xJLxKing
When was that ever stated? confused

And all the times that was brought up about Diana being supes equal, majority of it came from supes own mouth.

And Diana on panel fights against supes ALSO show her being his equal. Didn't Superan say MM>jla???

carver9
Didn't Superan say MM>jla???

confused Power wise, he is.

He almost have every power that every member on the jla has. Jonn is a very versatile character, he just jobbs a lot.

By the way, your argument fails since wonder woman has out right lasted against supes on panel or has beaten him on panel.

psycho gundam
err

Exactly why?

Just trying to understand exactly what's the major difference I'm missing here..... do you even have to ask? the two characters in this thread are from dc, thor wasn't.

Konton
Since Wonder Woman get's the Gauntlets of Atlas (And I believe them to increase her strength 20 fold) and equipment, I'd say Superman's initial strength levels should be a bit behind hers as the fight would begin. She's been stated on panel to have quicker "fight speed" then he has by Batman to Superman's dismay. I see her taking him out quickly.

If he were to last long enough so that his strength were to > hers, then I'm sure he'd take the majority.

As the rules stand, I'd give it to Diana 8/10.

Kris Blaze
Even if her strenght was increasd times 20 she would not be as strong as Superman.

Enyalus
Superman wins this.

Konton
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Even if her strenght was increasd times 20 she would not be as strong as Superman.

Uh, Diana straight up rivals him in the strength department.

She's always been depicted as a notch weaker, but not by a huge margin. She would trounce his base strength if her own strength was doubled. If it was 20x then she wouldn't even have to try. But since he starts x10 and she starts x20 she immediately has a huge advantage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
do you even have to ask? the two characters in this thread are from dc, thor wasn't.

Is the bias that bad?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If it's clear that Base Superman is stronger then WW, then I think it will be that much easier to see that.

Yet Thor and Wonder Woman are equals and in the same stipulations, Thor loses, yet Superman wins.

Lulz.

hehe, I know that! I saw that scan before. It doesn't say nothing about his experience in hand to hand. Right? Same goes with Superman. All he has is his hands to fight with. He was also in a thousand year war.

Are you trying to be difficult?

Thor is a warrior born. He has been fighting in hand to hand, with swords, maces, hammers etc. since he could walk. He was off fighting armies of Frost Giants, with various types of weapons for months on end while man was still in caves.

That scan shows that he remembers every single moment of his entire lives. That includes all the battles, and wars fought. All the experience with weapons etc.

To say that Superman is more experienced than Thor, is just, well, stupid.

I know about the war Superman fought in.

Draco69
This ends the same as Thor vs. Wonder Woman thread.

Except faster. If it's a pure HTH combat fight, Diana owns him.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Draco69

Have I told you I like you?

Wild Shadow
i guess...... the amazon wins. miffed

Raoul
So it's more ignorance, than biased opinion?

Hmm.....

I'm just surprised is all. With the exact same stipulations, Wonder Woman is given the win because she is a better fighter(Which is debatable as that's Thor.), and here......

I even doubled his already ten fold strength with his belt of strength. Still Diana.....

Well, thanks for the insight.

not at all. the fact that you made both threads and take issue with people giving superman more a chance than thor implies that you think both men are equals, which they are not.

if they fought, yes, it would be an epic battle worthy of any comic. the fact remains, though, that both men have their own strengths and weaknesses that are different from each other.

there are always going to be people Superman is better suited to fighting against, and people Thor is better suited to fighting against. people could simply believe Wonder Woman is the former, rather than the latter. Replace her with the Silver Surfer, or Loki, or any high level energy user, and things would shift rather rapidly.

do you even have to ask? the two characters in this thread are from dc, thor wasn't.

shite like that doesn't help anyone, so cut it out.

Rage.Of.Olympus
not at all. the fact that you made both threads and take issue with people giving superman more a chance than thor implies that you think both men are equals, which they are not.

if they fought, yes, it would be an epic battle worthy of any comic. the fact remains, though, that both men have their own strengths and weaknesses that are different from each other.

there are always going to be people Superman is better suited to fighting against, and people Thor is better suited to fighting against. people could simply believe Wonder Woman is the former, rather than the latter. Replace her with the Silver Surfer, or Loki, or any high level energy user, and things would shift rather rapidly.

I gave the same exact stipulations, and placed them in the exact same situation. Thor should even have a better chance than Superman as he is more experienced etc.

They are not equals? Are you trying to imply Superman is Thor's superior? Based on these stipulations, it's pure strength, durability, endurance, and reflexes in terms of physical attributes that matter.

I even gave Thor the Belt of Strength that should double his strength and his already in Warrior Madness which is Thor ten times stronger than normal, and he still loses according to the majority, and yet here Superman with only a ten times amp in strength wins according to the majority.

I don't see what else besides bias that can change opinions that greatly.

psycho gundam
shite like that doesn't help anyone, so cut it out. exposing bias is good for the soul.

Raoul
I gave the same exact stipulations, and placed them in the exact same situation.

which in itself is flawed. both men are not carbon copies of each other, so putting them in the exact same situation is always going to favour one over the other.

not in the slightest. i said they weren't equals in the sense that their strengths lie in different avenues, as do their weaknesses.

from what i've seen, people believe superman is faster (reflex wise) than thor, so has a better chance of winning. it could be something as simple as that.

exposing bias is good for the soul.

causing trouble isn't.

you think the forum is biased, fine. keep it to yourself.

Enyalus
I've never seen Raoul vote for a black superhero over a white one. He likes his white boys like Scott and Clark a little too much. Even his nickname...Celtic god of pwnage.

I've never seen any black Celtics...

Bias exposed!

Rage.Of.Olympus
which in itself is flawed. both men are not carbon copies of each other, so putting them in the exact same situation is always going to favour one over the other.

I get what you're saying. Where Thor might excel, Superman might falter, and vise versa. I get it, but with the stipulations I made, they rely on the same abilities. Strength, durability, endurance, reflexes etc. With those stipulations they are pretty damn close.

not in the slightest. i said they weren't equals in the sense that their strengths lie in different avenues, as do their weaknesses.

Got it. Just checking. I understand that.

from what i've seen, people believe superman is faster (reflex wise) than thor, so has a better chance of winning. it could be something as simple as that.

Faster? Thor has faster than light and thought reflexes. Just saying.

I don't even believe these boards are biased towards DC. I think it's extremely balanced. Especially compared to some of the boards I've been too.

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
I've never seen Raoul vote for a black superhero over a white one. He likes his white boys like Scott and Clark a little too much. Even his nickname...Celtic god of pwnage.

Bias exposed!

my girlfriend is .5 shrug

Rage.Of.Olympus

Bias exposed!

laughing

Enyalus
my girlfriend is .5 shrug
Oh. A'ight. We coo den, G.

kgkg
S

Raoul
Oh. A'ight. We coo den, G.

laughing out loud

I get what you're saying. Where Thor might excel, Superman might falter, and vise versa. I get it, but with the stipulations I made, they rely on the same abilities. Strength, durability, endurance, reflexes etc. With those stipulations they are pretty damn close.

it's true, they are, but people are always going to believe one is better than the other. look at how close superman and diana are, and yet people (not all, but a decent few) tend to side with clark because he has the edge in one or two areas. if you believe superman is a bit faster or a bit stronger than thor, you're naturally going to give superman the nod over thor in those areas.

plus, does thor have mjolnir in the other thread?

does he have as many showings as clark or diana, though? i'm not doubting, i'm genuinely asking.

we try to keep it as balanced as we can, tbh, but thanks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
it's true, they are, but people are always going to believe one is better than the other. look at how close superman and diana are, and yet people (not all, but a decent few) tend to side with clark because he has the edge in one or two areas. if you believe superman is a bit faster or a bit stronger than thor, you're naturally going to give superman the nod over thor in those areas.

That's a good point, but the simple difference in responses. Thor gets handled, yet Superman is said to be much stronger, and handles Diana's case.

Anyone who thinks Superman is stronger than Thor, is incorrect. II mean Supergirl is superior to Superman. shifty

plus, does thor have mjolnir in the other thread?

No.

does he have as many showings as clark or diana, though? i'm not doubting, i'm genuinely asking.

In terms of reflexes etc.? I would say almost if not yes.

we try to keep it as balanced as we can, tbh, but thanks.

Just giving credit where credit is due.

Charmander
It's a draw; both are from DC.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Charmander
both are from DC. wow your good smile

shokosugi
wtf? Superman ofcourse.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by shokosugi
wtf? Superman ofcourse.

I love this guy.

carver9
Wonder woman is supes equal and as for this thread, wonder woman 8/10

Philosophía
The fact that Superman is better in every physicall category compared to Thor and that he has more experience fighting Wonder Woman gives him better odds against her, not that he's a DC character or 'people are just biased for Superman'. I don't think there is a single person on this forum who hates Thor and I can assure you that there are quite a few who hate Superman.

Also, lulz at Thor being anywhere close to Diana/Superman when it comes to speed.

Warlord
lulz

Raoul
Anyone who thinks Superman is stronger than Thor, is incorrect. II mean Supergirl is superior to Superman. shifty

laughing out loud

she wishes.

the only thor i've read is his avengers appearances, the odd mini, and his current series, so i can't say one way or the other. my feeling, though, based on what i've read, is that no, he isn't as fast reflexes wise as clark. just imo.

chomperx9
laughing out loud

she wishes.

the only thor i've read is his avengers appearances, the odd mini, and his current series, so i can't say one way or the other. my feeling, though, based on what i've read, is that no, he isn't as fast reflexes wise as clark. just imo. we have to many superman fanboys on here i noticed its not balanced the fanboyism on the characters it needs to be spread out more evenly. not just on superman

Charmander
Originally posted by chomperx9
we have to many superman fanboys on here i noticed its not balanced the fanboyism on the characters it needs to be spread out more evenly. not just on superman
Ya, we should have more dudes fanboying Spidey.

Philosophía
Clever, Bran.

Very clever.

-reports you for calling chomper a sock-

Charmander
k

chomperx9
Originally posted by Charmander
Ya, we should have more dudes fanboying Spidey. i agree spiderman gets underestimated alot these days.

chomperx9

iceman24567
Nah Spiderman just sucks erm

chomperx9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah Spiderman just sucks erm OK no need to put down spider-man just cause the 3rd movie wasn't a big success

iceman24567
Nah he sucks for many other reason's being a coward is one of them.

Spire
Lol.

Avlon

vs.

Who wins?

Supes ftw.

Even with all this gear, an Imperiex probe nearly killed her.

Standard Supes just holding back less that usual was pwning the same probe in multiples with ease.

SupremeMan

vs.

Who wins?

Late to the party but I would say that, under these conditions, Wonder Woman takes it. This is especially true if the Gauntlets boost her to x20 though I seem to remember the last time a thread like this was done there was a huge argument as to whether it was x10 per gauntlet or x10 period.

If they boost her to x20, its over. He has no chance. If its x10, its closer. In fact, then changing their strengths to x10 each would be irrelevant. Although I think he is somewhat faster regardless of word balloon claims to the contrary by one writer, there speed is close enough that there would not be any speed blitzing even without this stipulation.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Draco69

Will you marry me? big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Will you marry me? big grin
Ahem...

Spire
Continue.

Enyalus
I'll be the priest if no one minds. I've learned from the best.

Raoul

be glad you're not irish, or that would be a pretty loaded statement.

Enyalus
be glad you're not irish, or that would be a pretty loaded statement.
It was intended to be. shifty

IN YOUR ENDO!!

Raoul
It was intended to be. shifty

IN YOUR ENDO!!

laughing out loud

also, Superman wins.

*insert clerks 2 donkey scene joker here*

Rage.Of.Olympus

Spire
No, you haven't been building up for a Thor v Supes thread.

Not at all.

Sasaraixx

That is mighty kind of you smile

As for this fight, I really don't know what the OP's intention was. Were you trying to equal out the strength difference by giving Diana the guantlets and then amping Supes x 10? Mathmatically that doesn't work out, but if that was your intention, then WW wins a pretty heft majority in my opinion. She is too skilled and the gauntlets + armor up her durability.

If this is just the same old fight with their normal strengths/weaknesses and Diana just has a boost to her durability, I think it could go either way IF this is purely H2H.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman is better in every physical category than Thor? Lulz.

In terms of strength, it's highly debatable, but I believe Thor has better hitting/striking power. In terms of durability, once again it's incredibly debatable.

Endurance/Stamina. Both their stamina is practically inexhaustible.

Not combat speed. They are faster, but with his reflexes, he can handle it.

laughing

Enyalus
laughing
You're laughing...at yourself?

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

she wishes.

According to Batman shes stronger. Logic says:

Man > Woman

But:

Batman > Logic

So:

Supergirl > Superman

Despite the logic that says otherwise.

the only thor i've read is his avengers appearances, the odd mini, and his current series, so i can't say one way or the other. my feeling, though, based on what i've read, is that no, he isn't as fast reflexes wise as clark. just imo.

Meh. I've seen Thor, attack at speeds faster than thought if I recall correctly, swing his hammer at speeds faster than light and so on. If his not as fast, at the very least, with his reflexes, he can handle their speed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're laughing...at yourself?

facepalm

I quoted the wrong post lol.

It's comicvine. It made me stupider. I've been on there for the last two days, teaching those schmucks. Before I got there, Superman was way stronger than Thor, way more durable, Mjolnir's powers couldn't affect Superman because he was pure of heart(That one is just ****ing retarded.), either Captain Marvel or Martian Manhunter would stomp Beta Ray Bill, etc.

I've corrected so much bullshit on those boards in two days than I have anywhere else. My head hurts.

Sado22
Superfag

Raoul
According to Batman shes stronger. Logic says:

Man > Woman

But:

Batman > Logic

So:

Supergirl > Superman

Despite the logic that says otherwise.

Meh. I've seen Thor, attack at speeds faster than thought if I recall correctly, swing his hammer at speeds faster than light and so on. If his not as fast, at the very least, with his reflexes, he can handle their speed.

when did batman say she was stronger?

and i agree, thor can handle their speed, but imo its only to an extent.

and the speed of thought is nothing to someone like superman... stick out tongue

Philosophía
Superman is better in every physical category than Thor? Lulz.

In terms of strength, it's highly debatable, but I believe Thor has better hitting/striking power. In terms of durability, once again it's incredibly debatable.

Endurance/Stamina. Both their stamina is practically inexhaustible.

Not combat speed. They are faster, but with his reflexes, he can handle it.

Yes, he is. There's nothing to 'lulz' about. smile

As for the rest of what you typed.. there's nothing to adress really since you haven't given anything to support your stance other than 'thor is this but it's debatable'. Post scans and then I will also post scans, and we'll see who is more impressive.

Kris Blaze

Philosophía
Kris, there's no need to help me with arguments by showing the hammer moving at +lightspeed even while Thor is not swinging it, thus nullifying the inevitable 'here Thor swings his hammer at +lightspeed' scans that will be posted, that even OneDumbGo, whose arguments trying to glorify Thor's speed were ridiculous, admited that those are hammer feats and not feats for Thor's combat speed.

And yes, weakness-exploiting magical lighting amped sucker-punches from one of the physically strongest heroes in the DCU Universe knocking down Supermans, afterwards commenting of how he did it only because he was lucky and Superman is weak to magic, certainly prove that it's not easy to take down Superman, even with magic.

Or you're reffering to the hyperbole 'the weight of half a planet!!' statement, from a hyperbole-fueled period, written by the king of hyperboles himself, Stan Lee ? uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
No his not.

You want to compare feats? With two characters like these, with scans? Seriously? It's not as if we both don't know any feats worth mentioning between the two, but if you want, to, although I believe it's redundant, as we won't post anything neither of us have seen, go ahead, and I will match anything you post for Superman, with a similar or greater feat from Thor. You said Superman is superior to Thor in all categories, so go ahead and prove it. Show me something that Superman has done, that makes him superior to Thor in all physical attributes.

If not compare feats, then what are we going to do, state our opinions and say that its better than the others because.. well.. it's ours ? And I asked you first to post scans. smile

Edit:
I'm off to work right now, so we will continue this when I get back.

Ok.

Kris Blaze

Prep-Man
This is Diana's fight to lose. She's defeated an enraged Daxamite who was close or just as strong as Superman before, gone toe to toe with captain marvel, and Superman himself on more than one occasion. With the Gauntlets, diana wins this.

Raoul
good for thor that he supported the weight of half the planet.

superman PULLED at LEAST half the weight of the planet by himself.

not saying superman is stronger, but he has comparable feats.

and no badmouthing stan lee, or there'll be hell to pay.

Kris Blaze

Thor's is more impressive smile

Raoul

laughing out loud

DarkOdin

Don't mind Kris he has a thing for blondes, supes will never be impressive to him unless he dyes his hair.

D_Dude1210

So, what you're saying is that an Amazon and an alien that likes to pretend to be a photographer are both more experienced in combat than someone who is the best warrior of a race of warriors that do nothing but fight wars who are prolly thousands upon thousands of years old?

Kris Blaze

Once you start making comments like these, you need to stop back from the Superman comics and take a break :/

Originally posted by Konton
Uh, Diana straight up rivals him in the strength department.

She's always been depicted as a notch weaker, but not by a huge margin. She would trounce his base strength if her own strength was doubled. If it was 20x then she wouldn't even have to try. But since he starts x10 and she starts x20 she immediately has a huge advantage.

Diana wishes.

Raoul
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
alien that likes to pretend to be a photographer

pr1983

he's neither peter parker nor jimmy olsen.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía
"You do it!"

"No, you do it!"

laughing out loud

Whatever.

Rage.Of.Olympus

not saying superman is stronger, but he has comparable feats.

and no badmouthing stan lee, or there'll be hell to pay.

How do you quantify the pulling planet thing I mean? I mean besides the fact that they are in space, Superman can also fly at faster than light speeds, and so on. Just so many things in play there. I've always wondered how someone quantifies that feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Philosophía

Rage.Of.Olympus
Like I said I think they are comparable. Equals. At best the slight durability edge to Thor, because of his natural Asgardian resilience to injury.

You think Superman is above him in all categories physically. Post me some feats, that he has done, that Superman has done, to prove that he

darthgoober

Konton
Once you start making comments like these, you need to stop back from the Superman comics and take a break :/

Diana wishes.

Yous a haterrr.

Raoul
How do you quantify the pulling planet thing I mean? I mean besides the fact that they are in space, Superman can also fly at faster than light speeds, and so on. Just so many things in play there. I've always wondered how someone quantifies that feat.

he got a harness put on him, and he pulled it. while fighting against someone who was pushing it.

f*cking strong, is how i'd quantify it.

Enyalus
while fighting against someone who was pushing it.
erm Reread the story.

Raoul
erm Reread the story.

i've read it enough, mister "McDuffie wrote the earth pulling" stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
he got a harness put on him, and he pulled it. while fighting against someone who was pushing it.

f*cking strong, is how i'd quantify it.

Again how do you quantify that? I mean besides the fact that it was a combination of his strength and Hal Jordan's will power, Superman can also fly at faster than light speeds. Hell, the only reason he can even attempt to move a planet is because he can fly. I give it maybe fifty fifty each in terms of the work they did individually, as it said a combination and then taking into account all those things in play, makes it even more difficult to quantify. I would much rather have Superman do what Thor did, such as supporting the weight of half the planet etc. Much easier to quantify as a strength feat in my opinion.

Who was pushing it against him and Hal Jordan?

Raoul
Again how do you quantify that? I mean besides the fact that it was a combination of his strength and Hal Jordan's will power, Superman can also fly at faster than light speeds. Hell, the only reason he can even attempt to move a planet is because he can fly. I give it maybe fifty fifty each in terms of the work they did individually, as it said a combination and then taking into account all those things in play, makes it even more difficult to quantify. I would much rather have Superman do what Thor did, such as supporting the weight of half the planet etc. Much easier to quantify as a strength feat in my opinion.

Who was pushing it against him and Hal Jordan?

i quantify it by him using his strength to help move the planet. even if jordan is helping, that's still half the planet.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i quantify it by him using his strength to help move the planet. even if jordan is helping, that's still half the planet.

That's the thing though, clearly his strength isn't the only thing in play here, simply based on what his doing, which is attempting to move a planet with assistance.

Raoul
That's the thing though, clearly his strength isn't the only thing in play here, simply based on what his doing, which is attempting to move a planet with assistance.

not this again.

there's no proof that he needs anything other than strength to move a planet.

using some old, invalid scans from the john byrne days just doesn't cut it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
not this again.

there's no proof that he needs anything other than strength to move a planet.

using some old, invalid scans from the john byrne days just doesn't cut it.

I'm not even bothering using those scans. Superman is superior currently.

I said, that simply based on the fact that his attempting to move a planet, means more than strength is in play. More things to factor in.

For example attach a harness to him, and then remove his power of flight. How's he going to move the planet now? Fart, and hope the propulsion generated is strong enough to move him and the planet? Swim through space?

Different things to consider. Clearly his strength is in play, but there's more to it than just strength.

Raoul
i disagree completely.

if i'm pushing a heavy box, i use my legs to gain leverage, but it's still considered part of my strength being used to move it. there's every chance his ability is just another muscle in comparison.

even if he did have some magical unknown factor that added to his strength, what's to stop him using it when he punches someone in the face? or does it only happen to work while he's flying?

Rage.Of.Olympus
i disagree completely.

if i'm pushing a heavy box, i use my legs to gain leverage, but it's still considered part of my strength being used to move it. there's every chance his ability is just another muscle in comparison.

even if he did have some magical unknown factor that added to his strength, what's to stop him using it when he punches someone in the face? or does it only happen to work while he's flying?

Clearly if Superman someone while flying at them, he would pack a bigger punch than if he punched them while stationary.

Has his ability to fly been changed yet? I've lost track at this point. His ability of self propulsion/flight is considered to be another muscle? I don't think that comparison applies in such a situation.

Not some magical unknown factor. Just the conditions in play. His in space, attempting to move a planet, by flying the opposite direction and so on. It's obvious more than strength is in play. I don't think he lacks the strength to do so on his own in certain circumstances. Characters like Superman, Hulk, Thor and the likes, are strong enough that they should be capable of supporting the nearly the weight of the entire planet on their shoulders in my opinion if push comes to shove. They are just that strong. I'm not debating his level of strength here, but how one would quantify, his ability to move a planet, while taking into account his abilities and the settings as a strength feat.

D_Dude1210
Pft. Moving planets isn't as impressive as smashing planets, IMO. Dunno why some like to show the "planet moving" feat as the be-all and end-all of feats in terms of strength. This isn't Sumo. You don't try to push ppl out of a small circle. Strength in fights is all about impact force, not pulling/pushing power. We should talk about what each person has shown to have smashed instead of arguing the validity of someone pulling X.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Edit.

D_Dude1210
Thor has planet rocking, shattering/destroying strength. Hell, even the Thor lite Beta Ray Bill, destroyed an entire planet, with the simple shock wave generated by a single blow.

This isn't Thor vs Superman, tho. Wrong thread. Hehe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

My bad. Time to edit my post.

Sweet_lady18
Superman is going to win but is not gonna be easy. Diana is more skilled than Clark.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.