Spider-Man vs Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
It all out war in New York and Bloodlust is on. Who wins the Viglante or The Superhero. Punisher and Spider-Man gets 2 days to prepare.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/SpiderManI_04.jpg

vs

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/Punisher04.jpg

Phantom Zone
Punisher easily.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Punisher easily.

StiltmanFTW
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7357/parkerdead.jpg

Gamerr-X
Punisher

golem370
Spider-Man is smart and has Spider-Sense.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by golem370
Spider-Man is smart and has Spider-Sense.

Frank has Pym particles, Ant-Man's helmet, Hawkeye's trick arrows, alien freezer gun, jetpack, pumpkin bombs and much much more hi-tech weaponry/gadgets...

Starscream M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Frank has Pym particles, Ant-Man's helmet, Hawkeye's trick arrows, alien freezer gun, jetpack, pumpkin bombs and much much more hi-tech weaponry/gadgets... how is any of that anything that Spider-man hasn't dealt with and overcome before?

Wild Shadow
punisher with prep and access to government confiscated wpns would beat spidey.

Mshinu
Bullet in the Head BLAM Spidey`s dead.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mshinu
Bullet in the Head BLAM Spidey`s dead.

Yeah because Spidey has horrible showings against guns.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Yeah because Spidey has horrible showings against guns.

laughing out loud Not that easy of course but with prep Castle takes him. wink

Digi
Here's what you guys need to do:

Explain why Punisher takes it with prep. it's a classic "w/prep" thread mistake. It's assumed that a person with prep beats someone else. Sometimes this is absolutely true. Other times, less so. But there needs to be a reason. So far, a few non-gun weapons have been listed. None of which are terribly imposing to Spider-Man, and most of which he's faced before.

It's very likely that Frank could win. But why? Simply saying that a person wins with prep doesn't cut it.

golem370
They both have prep. Also Peter is atleast Gifted I.Q. He got alot of experience as well and knows New York as good or better then Frank. Spider-Man may still have the Iron Spider-Man suit or his battle armor.

Spider-Man weapons and accessories (source Marvel Database)
Iron Spider Armor: Tony Stark has developed an armored suit for Spider-Man in light of recent events. Supported by a system similar to that of Stark's classic Iron Man design, it features many gadgets, including:
Waldoes: The Iron Spider Armor possesses three mechanical spider-arms, or "waldoes," that can be used to see around corners (via cameras in the tips) and to manipulate objects indirectly. Stark describes them as too delicate to use in combat, yet Spider-Man shortly afterward uses them to smash through the sensors in the Titanium Man's helmet.
Liquid Metal Nano-Fiber: The armor is composed of a liquid metal nano-fiber and can more or less disappear when not needed. It responds to neuro-chemical impulses, as well as blend into a variety of backgrounds. He can give it the shapes and colors of his classic costumes for instance.
Gliding: The armor incorporates mesh webbing that grants the suit mid-range gliding capabilities on wind currents.
Bulletproof and Heatproof: The armor is both bulletproof and heatproof, thanks to it being composed of a heat-resistant Kevlar micro-fiber that can resist small-caliber bullets.
Built-in Emergency Scanner: The armor possesses a built-in police, fire, and emergency scanner that allows Spider-Man to listen to police, fire, and/or emergency broadcasts through radio waves.
Audio/Visual Amplification: The armor possesses audio and visual amplification, enabling him to see in the infrared and ultraviolet portions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Carbon-Filtering System: The armor possesses a carbon-filtering system in the mouth area that enables Spider-Man to breathe in toxic environments by filtering out toxic particles in the air. It also grants the ability to breathe underwater.
Short-Range GPS Microwave Communication System: The suit possesses a short-range GPS microwave communication system that enables Spider-Man to communicate with others over short distances.
Costume Detachment: Part of the costume can detach it self from Spider-Man to cover an object too dangerous to touch, such as a radioactive asteroid.
Nano Technology: Peter's suit has been able to blend in with environments, change color and was able to hide under his clothes.
All these features are controlled by a computer system in the chest piece. The suit responds to mental control (The Amazing Spider-Man #530). The armor also has a secret override that can be activated by Iron Man in case of emergencies or if Spider-Man ever switches sides (which he eventually does). However, unknown to Stark, Peter was already aware of the safety measure and had bypassed it with his own override, Password Surprise

Wild Shadow
if spidey can get the suit he abandoned during civil war then he could win the large majority... but i doubt or dont think he should be allowed that suit since he no longer has it.

Trackz
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
if spidey can get the suit he abandoned during civil war then he could win the large majority... but i doubt or dont think he should be allowed that suit since he no longer has it. that wouldn't be in character for him, and he doesnt have the suit anyway,

and punisher has hit spiderman before with non-lethal weaponry, but when punisher is out for blood and he has guns like this:
http://comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/2603/prv2603_pg8.jpg

thats a wrap for sm

golem370
No it isn't Spider-Man knows Punisher well and knows what he is capable of I am sure. Spider-Man has the spider-sense advantage as well as speed agility and reflexes to stay at a distance until he sees an opening.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Spider-Man one shots him.......

uhuh

Trackz
No it isn't Spider-Man knows Punisher well and knows what he is capable of I am sure. Spider-Man has the spider-sense advantage as well as speed agility and reflexes to stay at a distance until he sees an opening. spiderman knows nothing about punishers recent upgrade in weaponry

Mindset
Spiderman knows everything.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Mindset
Spiderman knows everything.

Everything about getting an ass kicking by Frank Castle.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Digi
Here's what you guys need to do:

Explain why Punisher takes it with prep. it's a classic "w/prep" thread mistake. It's assumed that a person with prep beats someone else. Sometimes this is absolutely true. Other times, less so. But there needs to be a reason. So far, a few non-gun weapons have been listed. None of which are terribly imposing to Spider-Man, and most of which he's faced before.

It's very likely that Frank could win. But why? Simply saying that a person wins with prep doesn't cut it.

Its probably because everybody knows Punishers track record with prep against Spierman. Its like starting a DD vs Pun thread in h2h and then asking how does DD beat Punisher in h2h.

Battlehammer
Its probably because everybody knows Punishers track record with prep against Spierman. Its like starting a DD vs Pun thread in h2h and then asking how does DD beat Punisher in h2h.
however this is compeltely different punisher does not get one sided prep, they both get prep, and asside from the pis filled crap you uses as a bible, it not that good of a track record.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Battlehammer
however this is compeltely different punisher does not get one sided prep, they both get prep,

What difference would it make? Spiderman has encountered Punisher loads of times every time hes had prep he loses.

and asside from the pis filled crap you uses as a bible, it not that good of a track record.

You're pissed about the MA ranking thread. Its PIS for Punsiher to beat Spiderman?

Mindset
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Everything about getting an ass kicking by Frank Castle. Which means it wouldn't happen eek!

Battlehammer
What difference would it make? Spiderman has encountered Punisher loads of times every time hes had prep he loses.

You're pissed about the MA ranking thread. Its PIS for Punsiher to beat Spiderman?
when has spiderman ever used prep agisnt punisher? please I love examples? Spider in this thread has prep time and is told he fighting punisher, which means he will uses it.

no and you allways ducking question by saying that is annoying. No it is pis for punisher to beat spiderman using fake bombs........

Phantom Zone
when has spiderman ever used prep agisnt punisher? please I love examples? Spider in this thread has prep time and is told he fighting punisher, which means he will uses it.

COD. If he had prep how would he do things differently, probably do some thing similar ie try to web and beat him up.

no and you allways ducking question by saying that is annoying. No it is pis for punisher to beat spiderman using fake bombs........

Hmm I dunno I explained that. Im not going over that again when we can look at other examples.

Battlehammer
COD. If he had prep how would he do things differently, probably do some thing similar ie try to web and beat him up.

Hmm I dunno I explained that. Im not going over that again when we can look at other examples.
he likly do a lot differently and bring things to the table like body armor, tech ect.

and your explanation means shit when it dirrectly stated in spiderman power set that it can tell the differences between real and fake threats.

fine give other examples

Phantom Zone
he likly do a lot differently and bring things to the table like body armor, tech ect.

Thats out of character. LOL

SoulDevourer
can spiderman use his superstrenght & speed?

Battlehammer
no it not, he wore armor before, and has brought tech when he believe he needed it, it not out of character, what is out of character is for him to be in a scenerio like this when he has the chances to uses prep before facing an opponent.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
can spiderman use his superstrenght & speed?

Why wouldn't he be able to?

Phantom Zone
no it not, he wore armor before, and has brought tech when he believe he needed it,

How often and against who?

Wei Phoenix

It's OOC for him to try and protect himself from a bullet?

Battlehammer
How often and against who?
does not matter how often, becuase he does not usually have time before facing his opponents.

iron spider armor and used tech like image inducers before to trick opponents midified his armor to trick iron man into thinking he was beat ect.

Phantom Zone
It's OOC for him to try and protect himself from a bullet?

Um its OOC to use armour.

does not matter how often, becuase he does not usually have time before facing his opponents.

So now you're making shit up?

iron spider armor and used tech like image inducers before to trick opponents midified his armor to trick iron man into thinking he was beat ect.

Which wasnt even his idea to use in the first place and didnt want to use it at first initially. FAIL. laughing

Battlehammer

So now you're making shit up?

Which wasnt even his idea to use in the first place and didnt want to use it at first initially. FAIL. laughing

making shit up? Nothing being mad eup. Your saying he wont ebcuase he does not ussually uses prep time. However the fact is he a;lmost never in a sistuation when he given prep prior to a fight, so to say he would not uses it is wrong.

He dident want to uses it because he did not make it and he new tony was monititoring him however he simply alter the tech and had no problems using it after that to get the up hand on tony.

so to say spiderman wont uses prep when given it is wrong.

Phantom Zone
making shit up? Nothing being mad eup. Your saying he wont ebcuase he does not ussually uses prep time. However the fact is he a;lmost never in a sistuation when he given prep prior to a fight, so to say he would not uses it is wrong.

So there arent exampls where Spiderman has hunted down villains?

and hes still not using it now and im pretty sure it would come in handy. FAIL.

Battlehammer
So there arent exampls where Spiderman has hunted down villains?

and hes still not using it now and im pretty sure it would come in handy. FAIL.
there a differences in tracking some one down and some one being like your fighting this man in 2 hours prepare.

lol, you do know spiderman throw the suit away becuase iron man could track it right......good one

Phantom Zone
there a differences in tracking some one down and some one being like your fighting this man in 2 hours prepare.

Oh I see so he does face people with enough time to prepare.

lol, you do know spiderman throw the suit away becuase iron man could track it right......good one

Doesnt make a difference. You only have one example in his whole history of using armour.

Uxas Khan
Spider Man easy

Kazenji
Obvisouly Spider-Man and since it does'nt say current ones for each character he still wins.

D_Dude1210
Um its OOC to use armour.

Spiderman has used armor before, I forgot when, but the issue had the "Spiderarmor" as a cover. This was long before Stark gave him his fancy suit.

I forgot the exact details of the comic, but this was when he knew he needed it to face some villains (aka. prep).

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Spiderman has used armor before, I forgot when, but the issue had the "Spiderarmor" as a cover.

I forgot the exact details of the comic, but this was when he knew he needed it to face some villains (aka. prep).

Ok but im pretty sure the vast majprity of the time he hasnt used it. How did he got hold of it?

D_Dude1210
Ok but im pretty sure the vast majprity of the time he hasnt used it. How did he got hold of it?

Here's something I got from Wiki:

On a few occasions, Spider-Man has altered his costume for specific purposes. He uses a very short-lived, silver-colored armored suit in Web of Spider-Man #100, developed at Empire State University Labs by the web-slinger. The armor severely impairs his natural agility, though it renders him highly resistant to high caliber bullets. However, the armor is soon destroyed by acid.

In The Amazing Spider-Man #425, he creates an electrically insulated costume to fight Electro. He also previously fashioned another insulated costume from a rubber air mattress to protect himself from Electro in The Spectacular Spider-Man #66, but that was a more of an ad-hoc creation, which he crudely manufactured in an hour. It featured the classic red and blue colors, but not the web pattern or the spider emblem.

Phantom Zone
Here's something I got from Wiki:

On a few occasions, Spider-Man has altered his costume for specific purposes. He uses a very short-lived, silver-colored armored suit in Web of Spider-Man #100, developed at Empire State University Labs by the web-slinger. The armor severely impairs his natural agility, though it renders him highly resistant to high caliber bullets. However, the armor is soon destroyed by acid.

In The Amazing Spider-Man #425, he creates an electrically insulated costume to fight Electro. He also previously fashioned another insulated costume from a rubber air mattress to protect himself from Electro in The Spectacular Spider-Man #66, but that was a more of an ad-hoc creation, which he crudely manufactured in an hour. It featured the classic red and blue colors, but not the web pattern or the spider emblem.

I think thats the key word...on a few ocassions.

D_Dude1210
It's rare for Spidey to have prep, but he's definitely capable of it. smile

golem370
Spider-Man has full use of his powers.

Armor
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/CostumeSpideyArmor.gif

Trackz
spiderman usually has time to prepare before plenty of his fights, he had time to prepare before invading the dark avengers, his preparation was bring a black suit, Punisher would do a lot more with the preparation time and he would take out spiderman

Mshinu
Castle would love an armored less agile spiderman.

D_Dude1210
Well, the way I see it, Spiderman has 3 things going for him:
1) He knows Punisher is coming for him.
2) His Spider Sense.
3) His superhuman physical stats.

Basically, he knows he's going to be ambushed w/c means that he'll avoid being such an obvious target, so no swinging around the city.
Also, prep means he can possibly fashion some body armor to keep the damage minimal. Plus, his Spider sense makes ambushing him or even trailing him is pretty damned hard (therefore sniping is even less likely). Lastly, if Frank misses his killshot, chances are, it'll become H2H wherein Frank is pretty much screwed.

I remember the issue (with the Jackal) where Spidey and the Punisher met for the first time, Frank tried to snipe him but Peter managed to avoid that shot using his Spider Sense and that is with Pete not having any prep while Frank had tons.

It's not a sweep, but I'll give Peter at least 7/10 in this.

Sado22
Punisher has always done well against spidey even without prep. on the other hand, spidey has gotten the drop on frank on several occassion only to discover that, in fact, he didn't because frank knew. that's frank's "punny senses" (...ya got a better name, smartass? no expression )

weapons, well, yeah, Spidey has prep and spider senses but even with them he's been pwned on some occassions. spidey himself said at one point that frank's deliberately missing him and would nail him if he wanted to. daredevil said the samething on several occassions himself.

Spidey is a tough one and the fact that his high IQ would really help in prep and he very well can nail frank. not saying he cant. but if spidey knows frank, frank knows spidey and a whole lot better because frank's known to find out EVERYTHING he can about people he's trying to kill and frank's got no problems playing dirty, unfair or both.
lets face it, when it comes to "killing", spiderman's on Frank's turf.

Frank 6/10

~Sado

Phantom Zone
Well, the way I see it, Spiderman has 3 things going for him:
1) He knows Punisher is coming for him.
2) His Spider Sense.
3) His superhuman physical stats.

Basically, he knows he's going to be ambushed w/c means that he'll avoid being such an obvious target, so no swinging around the city.
Also, prep means he can possibly fashion some body armor to keep the damage minimal. Plus, his Spider sense makes ambushing him or even trailing him is pretty damned hard (therefore sniping is even less likely). Lastly, if Frank misses his killshot, chances are, it'll become H2H wherein Frank is pretty much screwed.

I remember the issue (with the Jackal) where Spidey and the Punisher met for the first time, Frank tried to snipe him but Peter managed to avoid that shot using his Spider Sense and that is with Pete not having any prep while Frank had tons.

It's not a sweep, but I'll give Peter at least 7/10 in this.

All im going to say is Pun has beaten Spiderman to many times with prep, sorry but your points arent very good.

StiltmanFTW
If Punisher gets his morning beer, he stomps.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9558/punisher06020.th.jpg

D_Dude1210
All im going to say is Pun has beaten Spiderman to many times with prep, sorry but your points arent very good.

Well, the only point you made is: "Punisher beat Spiderman in a comic a few time when he had prep so he wins".

That point's not very good either.

Phantom Zone
Well, the only point you made is: "Punisher beat Spiderman in a comic a few time when he had prep so he wins".

That point's not very good either.

Ermm this is a prep thread.......

D_Dude1210
Ermm this is a prep thread.......

Ermm, I know.

Phantom Zone
Ermm, I know.

So how is it a bad point?

D_Dude1210
So how is it a bad point?

I'll let you think about that for a few minutes...

Phantom Zone
I'll let you think about that for a few minutes...

*sigh* I know what you're thinking...its not me who has to tink about anything.

D_Dude1210
*sigh* I know what you're thinking...its not me who has to tink about anything.

And what am I thinking then?

Phantom Zone
Something along the lines of "Well yeah Punsiher had prep but Spiderman didnt, in this thread he does..so you FAIL."

Wei Phoenix
So wait, we know Spidey has armor costumes and he can wear it to protect himself from bullets but the consensus is that he won't wear it even though he knows Frank is fighting him?

jalek moye
Ant-Man's helmet,

actually cho has that now stick out tongue

Phantom Zone
So wait, we know Spidey has armor costumes and he can wear it to protect himself from bullets but the consensus is that he won't wear it even though he knows Frank is fighting him?

Yup because hes hardly ever uses it. So its unlikely he will use it again.

Originally posted by jalek moye
actually cho has that now stick out tongue

You sure?

Wei Phoenix

You sure?

He uses it when it's needed. It's needed in this fight so he would use it.

D_Dude1210
Something along the lines of "Well yeah Punsiher had prep but Spiderman didnt, in this thread he does..so you FAIL."

Nope, not what I was thinking at all. stick out tongue

Phantom Zone
He uses it when it's needed. It's needed in this fight so he would use it.

I see so the 100s of tmes Spiderman has needed the armour and hasnt used it doesnt indicate anything. You're black dont make me hate on you. stick out tongue

Nope, not what I was thinking at all. stick out tongue

Oh well Spiderman loses.

jalek moye

You sure?

yes Cho does he got it during the current mighty avengers series

I think Spiderman would win this more then not if he satys out side

D_Dude1210
Oh well Spiderman loses.

Nevah! Spidey 7/10.

Phantom Zone
yes Cho does he got it during the current mighty avengers series

I think Spiderman would win this more then not if he satys out side

Right so how do you know this was after Pun got it?

Nevah! Spidey 7/10.

The comics say otherwise.

jalek moye
Right so how do you know this was after Pun got it?

I dont know he just got it a few months ago and was just using it in the last issue

i'm assuming he got it afterwords unless punisher got it after dark reign or somthing

Phantom Zone
I dont know he just got it a few months ago and was just using it in the last issue

i'm assuming he got it afterwords unless punisher got it after dark reign or somthing

Maybe but sometimes shit doesnt happen at the same time.

jalek moye
well yea but unless punisher starts using it i'm assuming Cho has it unless they have two different ones.

and yea punisher will lose unless he gets spidey to follow him into a trap tahts in a more enclosed space. But with the entire city as a battle field Frank does have a good shot out side.

D_Dude1210
Spidey just punches thru Frank's chest. Win!

StiltmanFTW
Spidey just punches thru Frank's chest. Win!

Vibranium shield.

Frank just busts Peter's eardrums FTW...

Phantom Zone
well yea but unless punisher starts using it i'm assuming Cho has it unless they have two different ones.

and yea punisher will lose unless he gets spidey to follow him into a trap tahts in a more enclosed space. But with the entire city as a battle field Frank does have a good shot out side.

Hes used prep to beat Spiderman close quarters.

Vibranium shield.

Shut up you! durhulk stick out tongue

D_Dude1210

With his screams of agony? O_O

Phantom Zone
^ roll eyes (sarcastic)

StiltmanFTW
With his screams of agony? O_O

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4562/pun0519.th.jpg

D_Dude1210

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/WhatIf-BackinBlack024.jpg

jalek moye
Hes used prep to beat Spiderman close quarters.

thats what i'm saying in more enclosed space his prep. could but outside all his tatics would be painful hit and run ones jumping all around the city to evade.
He can just go to the top of a building a go to a different area and swing back around, since he;s blood lusting slamming trucks and stuff on him.

hence why i say out in the city isnt the best palce to fight him, but if he lures him inside he should win.

jalek moye
when was that?

Phantom Zone
thats what i'm saying in more enclosed space his prep. could but outside all his tatics would be painful hit and run ones jumping all around the city to evade.
He can just go to the top of a building a go to a different area and swing back around, since he;s blood lusting slamming trucks and stuff on him.

hence why i say out in the city isnt the best palce to fight him, but if he lures him inside he should win.

Y'know Pun aint gonna be in a place where Spiderman can just chuck stuff, well hes going to think about that probably. Anyway if Spiderma was bloodlusted he would probably just try to punch his head off. Hes gunned down Spiderman out in the open as well.

when was that?

last month.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/WhatIf-BackinBlack024.jpg

*sigh* I should just post the examples of Punisher beating Spiderman but I cant be arsed.

jalek moye
Y'know Pun aint gonna be in a place where Spiderman can just chuck stuff, well hes going to think about that probably. Anyway if Spiderma was bloodlusted he would probably just try to punch his head off. Hes gunned down Spiderman out in the open as well.

last month.
so we have two people with the ant man helmet at the same time? are there two of them?

and it is very unlikly he'll gun dowj spidey in an open new york more often then not

Phantom Zone
so we have too people with the ant man helmet at the same time? are there two of them?

Not that I know of. I suspect it might be before Punisher got it, its not like Cho stole it between issues.

EDIT: Actually i thintk there are. There seems to be two Antman, one of them died.

D_Dude1210
*sigh* I should just post the examples of Punisher beating Spiderman but I cant be arsed.

Concession accepted. big grin

Phantom Zone
roll eyes (sarcastic)

StiltmanFTW
*skip*

Wow, you're so cool, using a scan from a "What if" comic erm Spidey doesn't have the balls to kill Frank.

He'd shield himself anyway...

so we have two people with the ant man helmet at the same time? are there two of them?

and it is very unlikly he'll gun dowj spidey in an open new york more often then not

I'm sure there is more that just one.

D_Dude1210
Wow, you're so cool, using a scan from a "What if" comic erm Spidey doesn't have the balls to kill Frank.

OP stipulated bloodlust on. So, yeah he would.

chomperx9
spider-man gets punished

StiltmanFTW
OP stipulated bloodlust on. So, yeah he would.

Spidey have problems with Castle when he's using the regular weaponry. In this thread he's screwed...

Originally posted by chomperx9
spider-man gets punished

thumb up

Tha C-Master
Spidey have problems with Castle when he's using the regular weaponry. In this thread he's screwed...

thumb up Castle has problems with Spiderman too, hero crossovers always make them look like they both have a chance. That simply isn't a factor here. Not to say that one can't win, I think they both have some solid chances. I just feel people underestimate Spiderman because he isn't shown using prep often. His scientific knowledge has astounded Stark and Richards at times.

Wild Shadow
the mod should lock all threads involving frank with prep... just like he did the cyke and punisher one labeling it as spite.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Trackz
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Castle has problems with Spiderman too, hero crossovers always make them look like they both have a chance. That simply isn't a factor here. Not to say that one can't win, I think they both have some solid chances. I just feel people underestimate Spiderman because he isn't shown using prep often. His scientific knowledge has astounded Stark and Richards at times. spiderman doesn't use prep, he has had preparation for plenty of fights and didn't use it, he didn't prepare at all for infiltrating the dark avengers headquarters, spiderman is intelligent but when it comes to preparation, Frank takes it

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Trackz
spiderman doesn't use prep, he has had preparation for plenty of fights and didn't use it,

Exactly. Spiderman prep = simply trying again.

Phoenix2001
Prep, or not, Peter is an improvisor and would be difficult to defeat either way.

Trackz
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
Prep, or not, Peter is an improvisor and would be difficult to defeat either way. on average that would be true, but when Punisher has things like antmans helmet and guns that can obliterate men in one shot, then it's a different story

Tha C-Master
spiderman doesn't use prep, he has had preparation for plenty of fights and didn't use it, he didn't prepare at all for infiltrating the dark avengers headquarters, spiderman is intelligent but when it comes to preparation, Frank takes it He has used prep many times, his scientific knowledge is quite high. Spiderman's prep is usually a formula of some type that defeated the opponent rather quickly. He is usually an improviser but he is quite deadly with prep.

Phantom Zone
He has used prep many times, his scientific knowledge is quite high. Spiderman's prep is usually a formula of some type that defeated the opponent rather quickly. He is usually an improviser but he is quite deadly with prep.

Most likely he will try and improvise and lose.

StiltmanFTW
Does Peter even know about Frank's new toys...?

Trackz
Does Peter even know about Frank's new toys...? nope

Phoenix2001
Has anyone even mentioned Spidey's spider-sense yet? I feel like this has been omitted from the conversation. I seriously doubt that, even with prep, Pun could sneak up on Spidey and ambush him with ease. If Pun can't get that then Spidey has the upper hand.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Phoenix2001
Has anyone even mentioned Spidey's spider-sense yet? I feel like this has been omitted from the conversation. I seriously doubt that, even with prep, Pun could sneak up on Spidey and ambush him with ease. If Pun can't get that then Spidey has the upper hand.

Punisher vs Spiderman

Punisher humiliates Spiderman AND Nightcrawler no expression

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8255/punspider1eb5.th.jpg
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4975/punspider2xf1.th.jpg

Punisher shoots Spiderman

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6814/apunspider1xl3.th.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8035/apunspider2yt6.th.jpg

Phantom Zone
Peter Parker Spider-man vol.1 #33

Spider-man trailing who he thinks is an unsuspecting Punisher.Franks is able to lead him right into a trap and could have finished him off right there.

http://img212.imagevenue.com/loc498/th_52903_Spider-Man_033-08_122_498lo.jpghttp://img142.imagevenue.com/loc611/th_52905_Spider-Man_033-09_122_611lo.jpghttp://img190.imagevenue.com/loc578/th_52923_Spider-Man_033-10_122_578lo.jpghttp://img233.imagevenue.com/loc26/th_52929_Spider-Man_033-11_122_26lo.jpg
http://img238.imagevenue.com/loc207/th_52931_Spider-Man_033-12_122_207lo.jpghttp://img124.imagevenue.com/loc659/th_52932_Spider-Man_033-13_122_659lo.jpghttp://img176.imagevenue.com/loc119/th_52939_Spider-Man_033-14_122_119lo.jpghttp://img153.imagevenue.com/loc1168/th_52941_Spider-Man_033-15_122_1168lo.jpg

Mindset
Lol at two things.

What happened to his Spider sense, and how are those bars holding him 15 seconds?

Phantom Zone
Heres another

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0560/Spider-man_Punisher_039

Clearly see Punsiher is holding back, instead of shooting Spiderman he goes for branch.

Tha C-Master
Most likely he will try and improvise and lose. Based off of?

Mindset
Heres another

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0560/Spider-man_Punisher_039

Clearly see Punsiher is holding back, instead of shooting Spiderman he goes for branch. Apparently you didn't get what I meant.

What happened to his spider sense when he was falling for the trap.

Where does it say he was going for the branch, in the next scan?

Phantom Zone
Based off of?

Well four scans I just posted, especially the third one.

Phantom Zone
Apparently you didn't get what I meant.

What happened to his spider sense when he was falling for the trap.

What you mean here?

http://img176.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=52939_Spider-Man_033-14_122_119lo.jpg

Well he stated he was holding back in the next panel.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0955/Spider-man_Punisher_040

Earlier on in tha comic he manged to shit Sabretooth and stated before that he could have doen it but Spiderman was in the way.

Mindset
What you mean here?

http://img176.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=52939_Spider-Man_033-14_122_119lo.jpg

Well he stated he was holding back in the next panel.

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0955/Spider-man_Punisher_040 Yes, there.

Well if he was shooting to wound then he wasn't aiming for the branch, he was aiming at Spiderman.

Phantom Zone
Yes, there.

I see so Punisher is the first person to duck and avoid Spiderman? So all the 100s of street levelers who have managed to do it is fine. Now its Pun its PIS.

Well if he was shooting to wound then he wasn't aiming for the branch, he was aiming at Spiderman.

Im basing it also on the fact he was able to shoot sabretooth who completely owned Spdierman in speed. So I think he was probably aiming for the branch in order to make Spdierman lose his balance.

Mindset
I see so Punisher is the first person to duck and avoid Spiderman? So all the 100s of street levelers who have managed to do is fine. Now its Pun its PIS.

Im basing it also on the fact he was able to shoot sabretooth who completely owned Spdierman in speed. So I think he was probably aiming for the branch in order to make Spdierman lose his balance.
I was talking about the trap, not the fact the Punisher ducked.

Spiderman didn't know there was a trap until he fell through it, his spider sense never went off.

No, he was aiming for Spiderman. Shooting to wound does not equal shooting at a branch.

Tha C-Master
Well four scans I just posted, especially the third one. Except those matches aren't what the rules are of this match, not close.

Phantom Zone
I was talking about the trap, not the fact the Punisher ducked.

Spiderman didn't know there was a trap until he fell through it, his spider sense never went off.

Y'know they probably forgot to put it down. You yourself even mentioned that they dont always show the SS.

If street levelers can use their martial art skill to get Spiderman in a position of advantage Punisher can duck and get Spiderman into a trap. Ducking is an important part of the trap and we cant leave it out.

No, he was aiming for Spiderman. Shooting to wound does not equal shooting at a branch.

Actually its a matter of opinion he could have meant to do that. Anyway shooting to wound is harder than shooting to kill its not a bad shwoing considering he was missing by inches.

Except those matches aren't what the rules are of this match, not close.

Yeah they are for example the third one has Spdierman hunting Pun. The point is his prep isnt going to be him using tech.

Mindset
Y'know they probably forgot to put it down. You yourself even mentioned that they dont always show the SS.

If street levelers can use their martial art skill to get Spiderman in a position of advantage Punisher can duck and get Spiderman into a trap. Ducking is an important part of the trap and we cant leave it out.

Actually its a matter of opinion he could have meant to do that. Anyway shooting to wound is harder than shooting to kill its not a bad shwoing considering he was missing by inches.

I've said that they don't show it but it still works. Which isn't at all like this situation, because it obviously didn't work, it wasn't shown, and it wasn't mentioned. He spoke about webs and being able to stick to things.

Punisher could have ducked, did a backflip, or started breakdancing, it doesn't matter. Spiderman should have been warned of the trap before he fell through it.

Ok, and he was aiming at Spiderman and missing by inches, but so does everyone else, for the most part.

Phantom Zone
I've said that they don't show it but it still works. Which isn't at all like this situation, because it obviously didn't work, it wasn't shown, and it wasn't mentioned. He spoke about webs and being able to stick to things.

Yeah so all the times we see Spidererman getting punched and kicked in the head where his SS isnt mentioned or shown indicates that it wasnt working.? Got it. thumb up

Even if it wasnt working the outcome would have still been the same.

Punisher could have ducked, did a backflip, or started breakdancing, it doesn't matter. Spiderman should have been warned of the trap before he fell through it.

Sure and when martial artist use different moves and set Spiderman to get punched in the face obvoulsy his SS should have warned him then.

Ok, and he was aiming at Spiderman and missing by inches, but so does everyone else, for the most part.

Um I kinda explained that Pun was aiming to wound which was harder.

Mindset
Yeah so all the times we see Spidererman getting punched and kicked in the head where his SS isnt mentioned or shown indicates that it wasnt working.? Got it. thumb up

Even if it wasnt working the outcome would have still been the same.

Sure and when martial artist use different moves and set Spiderman to get punched in the face obvoulsy his SS should have warned him then.

Um I kinda explained that Pun was aiming to wound which was harder. facepalm

Yes, a punch and a kick from a skilled fighter is exactly the same as a stationary trap door, you sure got me.

Yes, and if Punisher was aiming to wound, then he was aiming at Spiderman and not the branch, glad we agree.

Phantom Zone
facepalm

Yes, a punch and a kick from a skilled fighter is exactly the same as a stationary trap door, you sure got me.

It doesnt have to be exactly the same you're missing the point. If Cap ducks which is actually a trap for a left hook in principle its still the same as Punisher ducking and making Spiderman fall through a trap door. In order for the trap to work you simply need to be fast enough to move out of the way.

You are nitpicking.

Yes, and if Punisher was aiming to wound, then he was aiming at Spiderman and not the branch, glad we agree.

Im not talking about that now. Im merely pointing out to you that he was holding back if he wasnt theres a decent chance he could have shot him.

Mindset
It doesnt have to be exactly the same you're missing the point. If Cap ducks which is actually a trap for a left hook in principle its still the same as Punisher ducking and making Spiderman fall through a trap door. In order for the trap to work you simply need to be fast enough to move out of the way.

You are nitpicking.

Im not talking about that now. Im merely pointing out to you that he was holding back if he wasnt theres a decent chance he could have shot him. If Cap ducked and Spiderman ran into a stationary outstretched arm, you'd have a point, as it stands, you don't.

Phantom Zone
If Cap ducked and Spiderman ran into a stationary outstretched arm, you'd have a point, as it stands, you don't.

Well at what point would Spidermans SS have warned him of the trap door? It would have only warned after Punisher ducked and by that time it was too late.

Even if I dont have an example of Cap hitting him with an outstretched arm if somebody ducks and Spiderman jumps over them Spiderman is going to keep travelling in that direction. Im pretty sure at some point Spiderman has attempted to hit somebody or grab them and landed on somebody or something clumsily. That is also situation where his SS would work because its warned him even when hes going to bump into people, but it didnt becuas he wasnt fast enough.

Mindset
Well at what point would Spidermans SS have warned him of the trap door? It would have only warned after Punisher ducked and by that time it was too late.

Even if I dont have an example of Cap hitting him with an outstretched arm if somebody ducks and Spiderman jumps over them Spiderman is going to keep travelling in that direction. Im pretty sure at some point Spiderman has attempted to hit somebody or grab them and landed on somebody or something clumsily. That is also situation where his SS would work because its warned him even when hes going to bump into people, but it didnt becuas he wasnt fast enough. It would warn him when he's over the trapdoor, which considering his maneuverability in the air and the fact the he has webs, he can avoid it.

Phantom Zone
It would warn him when he's over the trapdoor, which considering his maneuverability in the air and the fact the he has webs, he can avoid it.

You could use that same principle when Punisher shot Spiderman in mid-air but again he got shot because he wasnt fast enough. Thats really what it boils down to Punisher isnt as fast as Spiderman but hes fast enough to punk Spiderman with prep.

Trackz
It would warn him when he's over the trapdoor, which considering his maneuverability in the air and the fact the he has webs, he can avoid it. maybe the trapdoor wasnt registered as a real threat, spiderman didnt seem to feel threatened by it at all...i dunno

Mindset
You could use that same principle when Punisher shot Spiderman in mid-air but again he got shot because he wasnt fast enough. Thats really what it boils down to Punisher isnt as fast as Spiderman but hes fast enough to punk Spiderman with prep. Again, a bullet isn't a stationary trap door, not even close to being similar.

Mindset
maybe the trapdoor wasnt registered as a real threat, spiderman didnt seem to feel threatened by it at all...i dunno Possibly.

Phantom Zone
Again, a bullet isn't a stationary trap door, not even close to being similar.

Doesnt matter. You're nitpicking and over analysing. Spiderman is fast enough to dodge bullets why couldnt he use the webbing to block the bullet? After all hes done it before obvoulsy his SS wasnt working. wink

Mindset
Doesnt matter. You're nitpicking and over analysing. Spiderman is fast enough to dodge bullets why couldnt he use the webbing to block the bullet? After all hes done it before obvoulsy his SS wasnt working. wink He's fast enough to dodge bullets, why not a trap door?

And no, I'm not nitpicking or over analyzing at all. You keep trying to compare to dissimilar events.

Please stop with the unneeded sarcasm, I'm trying to have a civilized discussion with you.

Phantom Zone
He's fast enough to dodge bullets, why not a trap door?

Because hes shown time and time again that street levelers can dodge him. Punisher was too quick for him and it was too late for Spiderman to react. The key thing to note its Punishers speed in ducking that made him get punked not the trap door itself, so in principle there is still some relation to him dodging moving objects.

According to your logic street levelers should not be able to punch Spiderman either. Really when it boils down to it you think that Spiderman would not have got punked and his SS should have warned him but that principle still applies to street levelers. A punch maybe moving but at most one could argue that a punch from Cap at max is 60 mph. Compared to the speed of a bullet thats a fraction in speed. Hell a punch from Cap might as well not be moving and Cap is the fastest of the non-superhuman street levelers.

In principle if you have a problem with a trap door you can also have a problem with him getting hit by Cap, but if we look at comicbook logic skilled humans can use speed to punk Spiderman.

And no, I'm not nitpicking or over analyzing at all. You keep trying to compare to dissimilar events.

IMO you are.

Please stop with the unneeded sarcasm, I'm trying to have a civilized discussion with you.

Ok but you do try to wind up posters some times which is what I thought you were trying to do.

Tha C-Master

Yeah they are for example the third one has Spdierman hunting Pun. The point is his prep isnt going to be him using tech. It could be any number of things really. Even chemicals that dissolve armor, he might integrate that into his webbing.

Trackz
It could be any number of things really. Even chemicals that dissolve armor, he might integrate that into his webbing. why would he do that though, he's had opportunities to do many thing with prep time, he never takes advantage of it though, and seeing as of now spiderman just thinks the punisher is still only packing conventional weaponry, the fight should be in frank favor

Tha C-Master
why would he do that though, he's had opportunities to do many thing with prep time, he never takes advantage of it though, and seeing as of now spiderman just thinks the punisher is still only packing conventional weaponry, the fight should be in frank favor If he's preparing for his opponent why would he think that. He has made chemical formulas many times on the fly. He doesn't prep often because he really doesn't need to, doesn't mean he can. He is actually one of the best prep characters when he does it. His prepping skills are underrated.

Trackz
If he's preparing for his opponent why would he think that. He has made chemical formulas many times on the fly. He doesn't prep often because he really doesn't need to, doesn't mean he can. He is actually one of the best prep characters when he does it. His prepping skills are underrated. its not in his character, he's going up against the punisher, who as far as he's concerned still carries conventional weaponry, spiderman has had the chance to prepare for many fights and rarely took advantage of it. I didn't say that he isn't good with preparation, however he barely ever feels the need ot use it even against opponents who are more of a threat than the punisher

Eternal Idol
Split for both Spider-Man and Castle.

Badabing
Spidey has an IQ of 250+
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-27.jpg

And out brain powered Doc Ock
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-7.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-02-8.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-03-5.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-04-6.jpg

Spidey is more powerful and smarter. Frank better have the UN, IG, HOTU if he wants to win this...biscuits

Mindset
Or just Squirrel Girl.

Badabing
Or just Squirrel Girl. laughing out loud

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Split for both Spider-Man and Castle.

thumb up

Phantom Zone
Why is it a split when Pun has beaten Spiderman many a time with prep?

Eternal Idol
Because unlike the last few times, this is a bloodlusted Spider-Man. erm

Phantom Zone
Because unlike the last few times, this is a bloodlusted Spider-Man. erm

That goes both ways. Pun wasnt bloodlusted either.

BUSTER1

Because Spiderman is highly intelligent, and can prep himself effectively as well-though he's not in the same class as Frank, who is the prep master. Its not beyond the realms of possibility for Pete to think "Right, I'm up against someone skiled enough to shoot me" and prepare himself an armoured version of his costume. He did it before in Web of Spiderman #100 so he can do it again. With Peter's high intelligence he should able to come up witha suit which doesn't compromise his speed and agility to the same extent.

Eternal Idol
That goes both ways. Pun wasnt bloodlusted either.
no expression

No, but he had prep.

Phantom Zone
its not in his character, he's going up against the punisher, who as far as he's concerned still carries conventional weaponry, spiderman has had the chance to prepare for many fights and rarely took advantage of it. I didn't say that he isn't good with preparation, however he barely ever feels the need ot use it even against opponents who are more of a threat than the punisher

erm

no expression

No, but he had prep.

Yes and Spiderman isnt going to do anything much more differently than he usually does with prep.

golem370
Punisher getting any kind of shot off or reacting as fast as Spider-Man is pis, Spider-Man's agility and reflexes are 15 times faster then normal man so Punisher being somewhere in the athlete to peak human level is no match for Spider-Man. Spider-Man could rip Franks spine from his back before Frank knew he was back there.

Eternal Idol
Yes and Spiderman isnt going to do anything much more differently than he usually does with prep.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/mistersinister84/comic%20debate/th_52932_Spider-Man_033-13_122_659lo.jpg

This is one of those times when Castle defeated Spider-Man... by tricking him into a trap door with a prison cell underneath. If Spider-Man were bloodlusted, he could have webbed him up and beat Castle until he were just a stain on the ground. You could argue that Castle could have opened fire before that, but then I could just say Spider-Man could have killed Castle a few pages earlier instead of trying to follow him.

That's why I gave them the split. Either one is equally capable of killing the other in this scenario.

Phantom Zone
Punisher getting any kind of shot off or reacting as fast as Spider-Man is pis, Spider-Man's agility and reflexes are 15 times faster then normal man so Punisher being somewhere in the athlete to peak human level is no match for Spider-Man. Spider-Man could rip Franks spine from his back before Frank knew he was back there.

Its not PIS if he keeps doing it, that is a cop out. Most recently hes shown reflexes comparable to Dardevil and Batman. Punishers reflexes are way above normal. Hes also studied Spiderman as well, this often helps slower opponents to take down faster opponents.

golem370
Is they're anything showing how he became that fast? Punisher was suppose to be a normal with incredible will power and vengence. He has never been considered no-wear near Superhuman. Peak human agility and reflexes should be no match to Spider-Man. Could Frank just jump 30 feet with trying.

Phantom Zone
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/mistersinister84/comic%20debate/th_52932_Spider-Man_033-13_122_659lo.jpg

This is one of those times when Castle defeated Spider-Man... by tricking him into a trap door with a prison cell underneath. If Spider-Man were bloodlusted, he could have webbed him up and beat Castle until he were just a stain on the ground. You could argue that Castle could have opened fire before that, but then I could just say Spider-Man could have killed Castle a few pages earlier instead of trying to follow him.

That's why I gave them the split. Either one is equally capable of killing the other in this scenario.

The problem we have with that argument is that Punisher knew that Spiderman was following him, so even if he had jumped the Punisher he would have been attacking a Punisher that was prepared. Considering I can think of two more examples of Pun beating Spiderman while Spiderman was trying to web him up its still in Puns favour.

Is they're anything showing how he became that fast? Punisher was suppose to be a normal with incredible will power and vengence. He has never been considered no-wear near Superhuman. Peak human agility and reflexes should be no match to Spider-Man.

It depends on whos writing him. If you look at Ostrander Punisher 95-96 we see him dodging laser fire from close range.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>