Grievous vs. Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Grievous only has two lightsabers, not four.

Fight is in the hallway on a Seperatist Outpost.

Who will win?

kotorfan
Grevious still. He only uses 4 when dueling with ppl like yoda/mace/obi-wan (councel members)

Dooku states that Grevious is superior to Ventress.

Hewhoknowsall
Grevious still wins, he's got better skill.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by kotorfan
Grevious still. He only uses 4 when dueling with ppl like yoda/mace/obi-wan (councel members)

Dooku states that Grevious is superior to Ventress.
When does he state that?

I'd say Ventress for the following reasons.

She handled OB1 and Anakin about 6 months before ROTS, and Anakin couldn't have improved that much in 6 months.

She has the force, and is quite good with it. GG doesn't have shit but smoker's cough.

Not only did she also receive saber training from Dooku (like GG), but also force training.

Ventress has the overall edge here. GG just has the strength and armor advantage, "which is insignificant next to the power of the force."

kotorfan
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
When does he state that?

I'd say Ventress for the following reasons.

She handled OB1 and Anakin about 6 months before ROTS, and Anakin couldn't have improved that much in 6 months.

She has the force, and is quite good with it. GG doesn't have shit but smoker's cough.

Not only did she also receive saber training from Dooku (like GG), but also force training.

Ventress has the overall edge here. GG just has the strength and armor advantage, "which is insignificant next to the power of the force."

Grevious can Dodge

the force.

And Ventress hasn't shown how much she can do with the force.

SIDIOUS 66
Are you serious? Ventress is pretty bad with TK.

kotorfan
yeah thats what I said. IDK what she can do with the force, so I'll assume that her tk isn't particularly great.

SIDIOUS 66
Well she almost crushed the heart of a powerful Jedi master.

and this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptHtN-sSHV4

Btw, didn't Grievous already whoop her ass?

SIDIOUS 66
edit

Eminence
I can't tell if S66 is defending Ventress' TK or deriding it.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Eminence
I can't tell if S66 is defending Ventress' TK or deriding it. Care to explain?

Eminence
SIDIOUS 66
Are you serious? Ventress is pretty bad with TK.

Darth Martin
Grievous is still better IMO. He's pretty beast while only using two on Hypori. Doubt Ventress could've duplicated those results.

Janus Marius
Ventress pwns Grievous. She's ruthless, kills Jedi masters in even combat, and she held her own with people who would school Grievous.

Darth Martin
Like who? Grievous has already beat her. Granted, she grew in the Force after but Tyranus has admitted before at times he was "hard pressed" to beat him. Doubt he'd say the same about Ventress.

Janus Marius
I seem to recall Ventress owning Kit Fisto and Luminara Unduli, the latter of which was the only major Soresu master besides Obi-Wan. But I'm also extremely tired, so I'm not about to bother trying to think too hard on the subject.

Darth Martin
I have no doubt that Grievous could beat Fisto or Luminara.

Eminence
... Grievous got his ass handed to him by Fisto.

Darth Martin
When?

Eminence
TCW.

Darth Martin
Stopped watching that show when Asoka was contending with Grievous.

When I thoink EU Grievous I think of the other cartoon.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Eminence
TCW.

lol

grevious sucks. erm

Janus Marius
GL is now busy inserting so much random EU content along with several non-related authors that the Clone Wars has more activity than the galaxy spanning wars preceding it for thousands of years.

I'm still bothered by the fact that Anakin didn't once mention his padawan in the movies. Or the fact that Ventress doesn't get a mention. Or that most of the EU is pretty much ignored, despite the fact that some of it predates the movies and GL even signed off on the cartoon series originally. Inconsistency, ftw. And then Leland Chee gives us some random nonsense about how it can all be explained away. Yeah, no way dude.

Darth Martin
I'm bothered by the fact that the current show sucks. Period.

The older one was cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Clone_Wars_

WO Polaski
the problem with that one is that the force abilities were all completely overexxagerated. so it didnt suck but it was stupid like TFU.

Darth Martin
Yeah, but force exxagerated is cool to watch.

Hewhomknowsall
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Grevious still wins, he's got better skill.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Yeah, but force exxagerated is cool to watch.

The funny thing is that when the KotOR and post-OT material embellished and made Force powers titanic in scale, a lot of SWVF members complained, hating the concept and being 'purists'. Now that GL has pretty much embraced the concept and allowed bloated, ridiculous Clone Wars content to show that continuity can suck on that huge turkey neck of his, I think everyone's just pissed off at how it turned out.

RaidenDeadpool
Originally posted by Janus Marius
The funny thing is that when the KotOR and post-OT material embellished and made Force powers titanic in scale, a lot of SWVF members complained, hating the concept and being 'purists'. Now that GL has pretty much embraced the concept and allowed bloated, ridiculous Clone Wars content to show that continuity can suck on that huge turkey neck of his, I think everyone's just pissed off at how it turned out.

If that's the case, practicality and common sense should take precedence over phrases like "The furce ownz him b4 he drawss hiis swurd dood!!" or being an arrogant prick.

Janus Marius
Don't presume to change the path of a hurricane by lobbing a twig at it now. That will never happen.

Captain_REX
Alright guys let's stay on topic.

Captain_REX
Any more senseless banter and bans will start being handed out.

Janus Marius
Nothing like heavy handed moderatorship, huh, Rex? Are you going to enforce the "no more senseless banter" rule on every single SWVF thread? Or just this one? Kind of like how you only punished me for bashing Hewhoknowsall and not the other folks who were doing so throughout the other threads you didn't bother to skim. Oh, and how you didn't close down the other ridiculous rule-breaking threads, just the ones I posted in? Are you following me around like a fan now? I'd be flattered if I valued your opinion any.

I find the double posting to be cute, since it's not like you couldn't just edit your original post and make your point clear. It's also apparent that you can't presume to enforce KMC rules unless you're beating people over the head with them. Apparently, your e-penis is directly correlated with how aggressively you smite forum regulars who are socially interacting.

Threatening bans for off-topic is a totalitarian way of mediating the forum, Rex. I thought you would have learned to lead without making people resent your presence. Then again, I guess you learned from the best:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ezpctu.gif

SIDIOUS 66
That is not Rex.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Nothing like heavy handed moderatorship, huh, Rex? Are you going to enforce the "no more senseless banter" rule on every single SWVF thread? Or just this one? Kind of like how you only punished me for bashing Hewhoknowsall and not the other folks who were doing so throughout the other threads you didn't bother to skim. Oh, and how you didn't close down the other ridiculous rule-breaking threads, just the ones I posted in? Are you following me around like a fan now? I'd be flattered if I valued your opinion any.

I find the double posting to be cute, since it's not like you couldn't just edit your original post and make your point clear. It's also apparent that you can't presume to enforce KMC rules unless you're beating people over the head with them. Apparently, your e-penis is directly correlated with how aggressively you smite forum regulars who are socially interacting.

Threatening bans for off-topic is a totalitarian way of mediating the forum, Rex. I thought you would have learned to lead without making people resent your presence. Then again, I guess you learned from the best:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ezpctu.gif

Are you a complete idiot? Check who the hell you are talking to.

A well-deserved ban for you here.

Captain REX
I'm sorry, but that is just too funny. laughing out loud

Dr McBeefington
Damn Janus, you should really pay more attention to the username next time. And we all know the dictatorship on this forum you don't have to tell us. But please don't pretend there is any difference between what goes on here, and what went on at EoD.

Red Nemesis
The sig didn't even match. Neb (it was neb, wasn't it?) is getting lazy.

Replacing most of the proper nouns in the post with a different proper noun does make a good point tho.

RaidenDeadpool
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Are you a complete idiot? Check who the hell you are talking to.

A well-deserved ban for you here.

You gotta admit that was pretty damn funny.. big grin

Red Nemesis
Der Fuhrer must do no such thing!

hitler

RaidenDeadpool
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Der Fuhrer must do no such thing!

hitler

"If notzen fior mezen you all vud be scratchin "Ze Doytch"!!!!!"

lol

Red Nemesis
laughing

Eminence
This thread makes me crylaugh.

Red Nemesis
crylaugh

Indeed

MasterAshenVor
crylaugh

Indeed

I second that motion o.o

crylaugh

RaidenDeadpool
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
I second that motion o.o

crylaugh

Technically you'd be the third.. =|

Slash_KMC
The sig didn't even match. Neb (it was neb, wasn't it?) is getting lazy.

Replacing most of the proper nouns in the post with a different proper noun does make a good point tho.

Do not pretend it wasn't you who did it.

ninja

Red Nemesis
crylaugh

Slash_KMC
doctor

Red Nemesis
2guns

gun_bandana

stretcher

borg

RaidenDeadpool
horse

lamo

Eminence
Captain_REX
Alright guys, let's stay on topic....

crylaugh

kotorfan
lol

grevious desetroys ventress

RaidenDeadpool
We should all remember what happened here. A worthless troll managed to hoodwink a vetern poster and get him banned for a month. no expression

Red Nemesis
And by worthless troll you mean brilliant and physically fit member of society... right?

RaidenDeadpool
And by worthless troll you mean brilliant and physically fit member of society... right?

and by that, you mean a 12 yr. old or 45 yr. old that uses his tears as lubricant when fops himself to his "handiwork" on this site?

Red Nemesis
and by fops you mean faps?

RaidenDeadpool
and by fops you mean faps?

Of course. The o seems more fitting than the a for some reason tho..

Damn.

This is what it's like in the boring hours of the ghetto.

Ushgarak
Thread is obviously played out. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.