Dark Reign: The List

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Norman Osborn has his list of eight things, and beginning in September with Dark Reign: The List, he's determined to make them happen.

Taking the idea of a "crossover" and turning it on its ear, The List is a series of one-shots by eight different creative teams, each focusing on one of Marvel's heroes or teams as they are affected by Osborn's attempt to cross another item off his to-do list. Teased by Marvel's ad with the title "Iron Patriot Acts" and announced this weekend, The List features the creators that Marvel calls its "Write Stuff" team of up-and-coming writers.

The connected one-shots are purported to "change the course of Dark Reign and the Marvel Universe," coming a little less than a year after the events of Secret Invasion led to Osborn's power play and the beginning of Dark Reign.

The eight The List on shots are:

Avengers - by Brian Bendis and Marko Djurdjevic
Uncanny X-Men - by Matt Fraction and Alan Davis
Secret Warriors - by Jonathan Hickman and Ed McGuniness
Punisher - by Rick Remender and John Romita Jr.
Daredevil - by Andy Diggle and Billy Tan
Wolverine - by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic
Hulk - by Greg Pak and Ben Oliver
Amazing Spider-Man - by Dan Slott and Adam Kubert

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/060921-Bendis-TheList.html

Rage.Of.Olympus
No Thor. Smart. At least we know Osborn isn't suicidal.

The Nuul
Thor is depowered for now anyways. But picking a fight with the Hulk is just as crazy.

Kazenji
Secret Warriors
Punisher
Wolverine
Hulk

are the ones i''ll be looking out for.

Sin I AM
U know, honestly a well-written Hulk and Nick Fury are the only ones who can take Norman down

Charmander
Originally posted by Sin I AM
U know, honestly a well-written Hulk and Nick Fury are the only ones who can take Norman down

He may very well be going after Exodus though (along with X)...

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Charmander
He may very well be going after Exodus though (along with X)...

Exodus, lol he really must have a death wish, even STARK wasnt that arrogant

Kazenji
Got what the Wolverine one will be about

Aaron's issue focuses on the space-based Weapon Plus facility The World, first introduced during Grant Morrison's run on NEW X-MEN

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8518.Making_the_List~colon~_Jason_Aaron

Sin I AM
I hope it doesnt have adamantium, claws or a healing factor

willRules
The Uncanny issue is drawn by Alan Davis? OOOOO Can't wait big grin

Alpha Centauri
I'm still wondering where they're going with this.

I honestly don't have the time or money to follow Dark Reign and every side issue, so I do the trade paperback thing with big Marvel events. I have the issues involving Deadpool though.

I'm enjoying what I know of it so far.

However, I still think Deadpool needs to start becoming a bigger part of these events. The man is f*cking gold.

-AC

Kazenji
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8277/25darkreignthelistwolve.th.jpg

WO Polaski
what the **** is up with that art? is that photoshopped? cause it looks terrible.

willRules
The colours are quite hard on the eyes sad

chomperx9
the deadpool hawkeye stories has been my favorite dark reign books to read.

The Nuul
Originally posted by WO Polaski
what the **** is up with that art? is that photoshopped?

Oh great, now theres a 7 dollar comic.

Kazenji
Originally posted by WO Polaski
what the **** is up with that art? is that photoshopped? cause it looks terrible.

Who the **** knows.......Esad Ribic is the one who did it

Originally posted by willRules
The colours are quite hard on the eyes sad

Its okay on my eyes don't know what makes your eyes different.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by chomperx9
the deadpool hawkeye stories has been my favorite dark reign books to read.

This thread is about The List stick out tongue

willRules
Originally posted by Kazenji
Its okay on my eyes don't know what makes your eyes different.

My eyes can distinguish between good and bad art stick out tongue

Kazenji
These List books have been good

Avengers would have to be the best one so far.

Alpha Centauri
I agree. I just didn't like Wolverine's one much.

Also, do they fit into continuity? I only saw the Secret Warriors one state when it took place.

-AC

Kazenji
I'm pretty sure they do fit into continuity because with the Secret Warriors List book it says it takes place after Secret Warriors #9

and also on that they ****ed up the released of the Secret Warriors List book

The way i would rank these List books in the order i liked them would be

1-Avengers
2-Secret Warriors
3-Daredevil
4-Punisher
5-Wolverine
6-Hulk

I've got the one for the X-men but yet still to read it.

Alpha Centauri
The X-Men one was cool.

-AC

tjcoady
I really liked the Wolverine one.

"I always knew athiests would save the world" had me cracking up.

And I do like Fantomex and Marvel Boy. Never thought I'd see them working together. The "mind-reading" part was great too.

Disappear
right after fantomex talks about allgod potentially escaping the world? thought that was a funny line, too.

i'm just a fantomex fan, and it was nice seeing a wolverine story where he wasn't the star. some other series or books that worked similarly, like the three-issue 'beast' mini that was really about karma, weren't to my liking. but i enjoyed this issue quite a bit.

manjaro
the list is hilarious...they might has well have called it "a list.........of ways to make osborn fail miserably and look utterly stupid." he hasnt had any quantifiable success with any of them

tjcoady
Originally posted by manjaro
the list is hilarious...they might has well have called it "a list.........of ways to make osborn fail miserably and look utterly stupid." he hasnt had any quantifiable success with any of them

He killed Frank Castle.

He succeeded in accelerating the process of turning Banner back into the Hulk, so that Scaar will kill him.

He drove a wedge in Daredevil's Hand organization and turned public opinion against him.

He captured Clint Barton.

So far he only failed to kill Namor and control the World. The World was destroyed anyways, so that one's like a lose-lose.

Darth Jello
I mentioned this in the Bullseye respect thread but I was disappointed with the Daredevil issue in that you could cast any villain in Bullseye's role and it would be the same.

Frankencastle seems like a weird direction. Weirder than killing him and making him a divine agent.

Alpha Centauri
It wouldn't have, because the very fact that it WAS Bullseye is precisely why it's epic.

-AC

willRules
Originally posted by tjcoady
He killed Frank Castle.

He succeeded in accelerating the process of turning Banner back into the Hulk, so that Scaar will kill him.

He drove a wedge in Daredevil's Hand organization and turned public opinion against him.

He captured Clint Barton.

So far he only failed to kill Namor and control the World. The World was destroyed anyways, so that one's like a lose-lose.

I love that they have been holding off the last on the list.....Kill Spider-man.

It will always come down to those two.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by willRules
I love that they have been holding off the last on the list.....Kill Spider-man.

It will always come down to those two.

Obviously they need to end it right, but did anybody besides me feel like a good-old "You're my enemy, I'm yours. Let's finish this." fight had been missing from Marvel?

I really hope Spider-Man has a hand in Norman's downfall.

My theory is that he will. If you remember, New Avengers has been about making everyone feel like Spider-Man; fighting against media perceptions, having everything against you, having Osborn as a villain. I think that having Spidey dust him off would sort of bring him back around as the hero of the piece.

He kind of deserves that after all the shit he's been through (In and out of comics. Lookin' at you, Quesada).

I want a fight though, man. Like, a multiple pages fight. A long fight.

Obviously it'll play out like none of us dream, but we can hope it turns out agreeable great, or better.

What I do love about what Bendis has done with Osborn is how he's written him to not lose sight of the one over-ruling desire he has; kill Spider-Man. He has all the control in the world, he's been in power for ages, he has everything a criminal could want. No heroes have shown up to save the day and won, they've tried and failed on many occassions during Dark Reign.

Yet, throughout all of this success, you know that nothing would please him more than to actually kill Spidey. You KNOW that he remembers EVERY defeat, every humiliation. He even mentioned it in Dark Reign - The List: Hulk. He recalled that time when Spidey followed him into the cave.

What would cause the greatest shock ever was if he pulled it off. If Marvel did that...wow. They won't, not at three titles a month (Four?), but still. D.C. proved how it can work with Superman.

-AC

willRules
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Obviously they need to end it right, but did anybody besides me feel like a good-old "You're my enemy, I'm yours. Let's finish this." fight had been missing from Marvel?

I really hope Spider-Man has a hand in Norman's downfall.

My theory is that he will. If you remember, New Avengers has been about making everyone feel like Spider-Man; fighting against media perceptions, having everything against you, having Osborn as a villain. I think that having Spidey dust him off would sort of bring him back around as the hero of the piece.

He kind of deserves that after all the shit he's been through (In and out of comics. Lookin' at you, Quesada).

I want a fight though, man. Like, a multiple pages fight. A long fight.

Obviously it'll play out like none of us dream, but we can hope it turns out agreeable great, or better.

What I do love about what Bendis has done with Osborn is how he's written him to not lose sight of the one over-ruling desire he has; kill Spider-Man. He has all the control in the world, he's been in power for ages, he has everything a criminal could want. No heroes have shown up to save the day and won, they've tried and failed on many occassions during Dark Reign.

Yet, throughout all of this success, you know that nothing would please him more than to actually kill Spidey. You KNOW that he remembers EVERY defeat, every humiliation. He even mentioned it in Dark Reign - The List: Hulk. He recalled that time when Spidey followed him into the cave.

What would cause the greatest shock ever was if he pulled it off. If Marvel did that...wow. They won't, not at three titles a month (Four?), but still. D.C. proved how it can work with Superman.

-AC

With the exception of the demise of my friendly neighbourhood wall-crawler, I totally agree thumb up

Kazenji
The one for Spider-Man was good

i liked the part where Norman catches Spidey at the computer and Spidey goes "Look Naked Belgiens" and they actually feel for it

Philosophía
I didn't like the issue that much, to be honest.

It's been getting good reviews though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.