Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
New movie from M.Night Shyamalan which of course based on the cartoon

DvLUrF3ItGQ

dadudemon
Looks feckin' sweet. Even if it is cheesy....I loved the cartoon...so it can't be that bad.

Kazenji
Agreed it looks great

looks alot better then that shithouse Dragonball movie.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Agreed it looks great

looks alot better then that shithouse Dragonball movie.

Indeed.

It looks like it is keeping the epicness and "feel" of the cartoon....with a slight twist of "hardcore" and "Michael Bay"-like action.

Mr. Rhythmic
Looks pretty good. I thought the cartoon was neat, so this could be a fun action flick.

MildPossession
ANYTHING is better than the pap that was Dragonballzszszsz, whatever.

Anyway, I like the look of this film, be interesting to see how the director handles this sort of film.

BruceSkywalker
I think my nephew will like this

Neo_Version 7
I don't think M. Night can do any worse than his recent films.
That being said, being a fan of the series, I am glad to say the trailer makes the upcoming movie adaptation look promising.

Robtard
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I don't think M. Night can do any worse than his recent films.
That being said, being a fan of the series, I am glad to say the trailer makes the upcoming movie adaptation look promising.

You sure? His films have been on a steady downward spiral; I don't think that killer tree one was the bottom of the barrel.

The good news, this isn't an original work of his, so it very well could be good.

Neo_Version 7
Oh, that's what I meant. With each new promising premise, he somehow manages to transform the final product into fail.

What was his last decent movie? Unbreakable? Maybe The Village if you're in your forties or have a monster fetish.

Robtard
Last one I enjoyed beginning to end was Unbreakable, ie his second film.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Last one I enjoyed beginning to end was Unbreakable, ie his second film.

lulz

Yeah , I really liked Unbreakable.

And I find all of his movies to be fun in a weird way. I can't describe it...but I like them all. Not love...like.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
lulz

Yeah , I really liked Unbreakable.

And I find all of his movies to be fun in a weird way. I can't describe it...but I like them all. Not love...like.

Watch the extended version, it doesn't add a whole lot, but those little extra bits make it all so much the better, especially the locker room scene.

Neo_Version 7
As much as it pains me to admit, I have a soft spot for Signs.

That scene in Brazil more than made up for the whole thing. I don't care what anyone says.

MildPossession
I'm in the minority, because I liked The Village, and Signs(ignoring the whole water thing). Also, I didn't hate The Happening completely.

So bla. stick out tongue

jinXed by JaNx
Signs is probably one of my favorite movies. I really don't know why so many people dislike it. The only, Night, movies i don't like are the Happening and The Village. I even liked, Lady in the Water, quite a bit. Nights movies are beautifully shot so i'm sure this will movie will turn out fine.

dadudemon
Watch the extended version, it doesn't add a whole lot, but those little extra bits make it all so much the better, especially the locker room scene.

I watched it all, man. And it really did make it better. I don't understand why some of those were cut out. Time? Stupidity?

He put on 500 lbs even and pressed it twice. That was sweet.

omgchos
This doesn't seem like M. Night's cup o tea IMO. Maybe the whole childrens story aspect of Lady In The Water intrigued him more than his usual "what a twist" movies.

Kazenji
since he's doing this movie will he put a Twist in it ?

psycho gundam
since he's doing this movie will he put a Twist in it ? i was about to say that.

m.knight shamalan can't seem to help himself when it comes to scripts, hopefully the creators made him watch the entire show and gave him the design document in carved stone tablet form.

C. C. Cowgirl!
I'm pessimistic to this movie, despite being the huge Avatar fan that I am mmm

BruceSkywalker
First i will watch every show with my nephew since he loves this, then i will see the live action film with him

Trackz
it looks ok...not a fan of aang being white when the show is based heavily on asian culture

icu311
The whole "Aang ain't white" is really pissing me off. Avatar takes place in a ficticious world, in which there are people of different ethnicities. Just because the show has roots in Asian culture doesn't mean that everyone is Asian. Logically, why would Aang be the same race as many other characters, because he was born in a different region of the world. Failing that, Aang in the cartoon is about as white as you can get. This "fan uproar" is just as annoying as critics calling racism in Transformers and is just an example of sensitive people looking for racism where none exists.

MildPossession
I don't follow the show, who is Aang? not the boy I saw in this trailer.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by MildPossession
I don't follow the show, who is Aang? not the boy I saw in this trailer.

Aang is the Avatar. The Last Airbender. The boy in the trailer.

Trackz
Originally posted by icu311
The whole "Aang ain't white" is really pissing me off. Avatar takes place in a ficticious world, in which there are people of different ethnicities. Just because the show has roots in Asian culture doesn't mean that everyone is Asian. Logically, why would Aang be the same race as many other characters, because he was born in a different region of the world. Failing that, Aang in the cartoon is about as white as you can get. This "fan uproar" is just as annoying as critics calling racism in Transformers and is just an example of sensitive people looking for racism where none exists. all of the airbender in the series are asian...

C. C. Cowgirl!
So? If the character is played well, that should suffice. There's no Asia, only four separate nations, neither being named Asia. So the one playing Aang not being Asian is a matter easily overlooked.

What I'm worried about is the actor proving unable to live up to the character.

Robtard
Aanng never looked Asian.

http://brainstuff.universalconstructors.com/images/stories/Avatar-The-Legend-Of-Aang-PS2/Avatar-The-Legend-Of-Aang-PS2.jpg

The kid playing him looks a lot like the animation, though a little bit on the tan side.

http://www.majorspoilers.com/wp-content/uploads//2009/05/lastairbender.jpg

So really, what are you fools crying about "Aang should be played by an Asian actor."?

C. C. Cowgirl!
I wanted to say that, but didn't want to be an Asian hater cry

Mr. Rhythmic
Why does everything have to be a trilogy? Why not push it further? You could make two films of each chapter.

C. C. Cowgirl!
It's going to be a triology? Makes sense, given the cartoon is split in 3 seasons, one for each element he learns.

dadudemon

http://brainstuff.universalconstructors.com/images/stories/Avatar-The-Legend-Of-Aang-PS2/Avatar-The-Legend-Of-Aang-PS2.jpg

The kid playing him looks a lot like the animation, though a little bit on the tan side.

http://www.majorspoilers.com/wp-content/uploads//2009/05/lastairbender.jpg

So really, what are you fools crying about "Aang should be played by an Asian actor."?

I wish that I was around when the "not Asian" posts started going up in this thread.

I was ready to post a picture of the rather white looking, blue eyed, Aang. But you beat me to the punch.

And just so everyone knows, I've seen every single episode of The Avatar. Some of the fight sequences are every bit as good as the Japanese anime counterparts.

Even the Eskimo Southern Water Tribe don't look very Asian. (Sokka, Katara, etc.)

I think the most Asian we get is some residents of Ba Sing Se

I'm really hard pressed to recall very many "Asian" looking characters. Most are "white" looking.

C. C. Cowgirl!
The most Asian looking in my opinion is Yangchen.

That ACDC Chick
New movie from M.Night Shyamalan which of course based on the cartoon

DvLUrF3ItGQ
HOLY ****IN SHIT THATS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!droolio
i was wonderin when this was gonna go down

C. C. Cowgirl!
When I was done with the last season, I was more wondering IF stick out tongue

That ACDC Chick
it was announced a long time ago that this was gonna happen i just didnt know when

especially after they announced the Happening

icu311
Originally posted by Trackz
all of the airbender in the series are asian...

How so? Because the show has roots in Asian culture, that means that the actors should be asian? In what possible way is Aang asian, he has practically albino skin and blue eyes.

super pr*xy
movies like these are made for suspension of belief. just because he's not asian doesn't mean the movie is racist. they didn't cast a real cyborg in robocop.. was that movie racist too? how about hairspray? john travolta was cast as a female. was that movie sexist? chillax people.. it's a damn movie. regardless of what race the actors are, only 2 thing can happen.. it will either kick ass or suck balls..

Trackz

So really, what are you fools crying about "Aang should be played by an Asian actor."? who's crying...it's my opinion heck most anime characters look white rather than asian...that doesnt mean theyre not meant to be asian. you don't have to agree, but it seems odd to me that aang would be the only white kid in a nation of asian airbenders

Robtard
who's crying...it's my opinion heck most anime characters look white rather than asian...that doesnt mean theyre not meant to be asian. you don't have to agree, but it seems odd to me that aang would be the only white kid in a nation of asian airbenders

Would it really make a difference if they cast a kid of Chinese, Vietnamese or Cambodian descent for the roll? If so, how so?

Kazenji
Is'nt that the whole point of acting anyone should be able to play the character/s.

NemeBro
who's crying...it's my opinion heck most anime characters look white rather than asian...that doesnt mean theyre not meant to be asian. you don't have to agree, but it seems odd to me that aang would be the only white kid in a nation of asian airbenders Everyone else looked Asian?

Bullshit.

Monk Gyatso is the only one who looked even vaguely Asian, and that was only because he was old for some weird reason, when he was young he looked even whiter than Aang.

Most characters in Avatar look white, fact.

Not like it really matters anyway.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
The most Asian looking in my opinion is Yangchen.

=Tired Hiker=
You sure? His films have been on a steady downward spiral; I don't think that killer tree one was the bottom of the barrel.

The good news, this isn't an original work of his, so it very well could be good.

So there won't be any mind blowing plot twist?? Or mabye there will be! Half way through the movie we'll realize that everyone is in fact not only dead, but they are also . . . . . . . . UNDER WATER! fear

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
So there won't be any mind blowing plot twist?? Or mabye there will be! Half way through the movie we'll realize that everyone is in fact not only dead, but they are also . . . . . . . . UNDER WATER! fear

The Avatar story is pretty decent as it is, so I do hope he sticks to it and doesn't add any of his twist.

XanatosForever
Seriously, the show plot had enough twists that should satisfy M's massive twist fetish. Back from San Diego, btw. Who missed me? big grin

dadudemon
The Avatar story is pretty decent...

Ditto.

However, I don't mind him adding a bit of creativity as I enjoy his creative mind.

Trackz
Originally posted by NemeBro
Everyone else looked Asian?

Bullshit.

Monk Gyatso is the only one who looked even vaguely Asian, and that was only because he was old for some weird reason, when he was young he looked even whiter than Aang.

Most characters in Avatar look white, fact.

Not like it really matters anyway. i guess thats opinion too

Trackz
Would it really make a difference if they cast a kid of Chinese, Vietnamese or Cambodian descent for the roll? If so, how so? it's kinda like casting black panther and african king as a white person, it doesn't change the character or role in anyway it just seems off.

C. C. Cowgirl!
i guess thats opinion too

No. That's facts. Even the last part is. Except for Gyatso being most asian stick out tongue

TurboDouche
I think they should cast Jackie Chan as Aang, because they're both Asian

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by TurboDouche
I think they should cast Jackie Chan as Aang, because they're both Asian
but Jakie Chan is way too old to play a 10-13 year old kid bermm

Robtard
it's kinda like casting black panther and african king as a white person, it doesn't change the character or role in anyway it just seems off.

Poor comparison, as the Black Panther is distinctly black, while Aang looks Caucasian (white skin, blue eyes etc) and that kid playing him looks a lot like the anime.

TurboDouche
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
but Jakie Chan is way too old to play a 10-13 year old kid bermm

They're both Asian. No one will be able to tell the difference.

Eminence
Originally posted by super pr*xy
movies like these are made for suspension of belief. just because he's not asian doesn't mean the movie is racist. they didn't cast a real cyborg in robocop.. was that movie racist too? how about hairspray? john travolta was cast as a female. was that movie sexist? chillax people.. it's a damn movie.^ This is a good post.

That ACDC Chick
They're both Asian. No one will be able to tell the difference.
but hes not 10 erm
hes like 50 something

H. S. 6
but hes not 10 erm
hes like 50 something

laughing

Let's see how long this continues.

NemeBro
They're both Asian. No one will be able to tell the difference. This is by far the best post I have ever read.

First_Tsurugi06
The only particularly Asian-looking characters I'd seen in Avatar were the Fire Nation characters. Even then, there was an exception or two (Ty Lee)

Kazenji
Super Bowl Tv spot

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63007

super pr*xy
i'm totally looking forward to this movie.

Kazenji
Just might be M Night Shayalmans best movie since Unbreakable.

SnakeEyes
I tried getting into this series because I'd heard a lot of good things, but damn, I just couldn't. I'd heard it was better than the average kids' show, but it didn't seem to stand out to me at all.

That said I'm looking forward to the movie; hoping for the best. Shamalamadingdong needs a comeback after that wretched "The Happening."

roughrider
They're not using AVATAR in the title, to avoid confusion with James Cameron's movie.

Myth
Looks like poo.

BruceSkywalker
i have watched all the shows with my nephew, so now i look forward to seeing now Shyamalan brings things together for a live action film

jinXed by JaNx
As a big fan of Shymalon, i'm hoping this movie works out. I didn't like, The Village at all but i can definitely see what he was going for and i can also see why he thought the story would make for a good film. After, The Happening, however, i'm not fully confident in his vision anymore. I don't know what he was thinking there and i also wonder what he was thinking when he decided to undertake, The Last Airbender.

Oh, well, i'm still a fan and the trailer for this movie does look promising. He may not be the best writer but i still believe he is one of the best directors out there. Maybe getting away from his personal works and directing someone elses work will be good for him.

super pr*xy
maybe the twist in this one is he is NOT the last air bender. jk.. this will be good for m. night i guess. it'll keep him from all the twists because he has a solid story to follow that he didn't write.

Mr. Rhythmic
Looks pretty good.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63186

super pr*xy
looks epic..

Kazenji
Trailer 3

7KK_3OhFu6Y

Kazenji
Ignore that last post.........stupid Youtube

http://www.comicvine.com/the-last-airbender-trailer/112-899/

dadudemon
Ignore that last post.........stupid Youtube

http://www.comicvine.com/the-last-airbender-trailer/112-899/

Man, that looks so freakin' awesome!

It's gonna be hard to disappoint me after incorporating so many scenes and plot points from the actual cartoon. I mean, everyone is there...and the art is similar to the cartoon just a little mroe gritty and dark. Hopefully, they get this movie's story adapted really well to just 2-3 hours. If they do that, holy carp, this will be an absurdly good film. (Defo a 9, if they can pull those items off.)

Bardock42
Man, that looks so freakin' awesome!

It's gonna be hard to disappoint me after incorporating so many scenes and plot points from the actual cartoon. I mean, everyone is there...and the art is similar to the cartoon just a little mroe gritty and dark. Hopefully, they get this movie's story adapted really well to just 2-3 hours. If they do that, holy carp, this will be an absurdly good film. (Defo a 9, if they can pull those items off.)

Totally agree with this, except for the rating which I still maintain is generally random....

Robtard
Looks bad-ass.

I wish M. Night had made it a trilogy. Ang's escape to the defeat of the Firelord will be rushed in a 2-3 hour film.

Kazenji
Lets hope M.Night does'nt go back to doing stories with twists near the end after this movie.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Totally agree with this, except for the rating which I still maintain is generally random....

Well, I'm not really new to this movie thing. I can guess, usually, within 1 or 2 points of my final score.

That ACDC Chick
Looks bad-ass.

I wish M. Night had made it a trilogy. Ang's escape to the defeat of the Firelord will be rushed in a 2-3 hour film.
i thought the movie was only gonna be the first book where Aang, Katara, and Sokka have to go to the North Pole so Aang and Katara can learn water bending from Master Pakku mhmm

oh and also, i hope they shed light on what happened to Zuko and Azula's mom cause at the end of the series they just cut away from Zuko asking Fire Lord Ozai where she is so i really hope they make it into a trilogy and get the whole gang involved with Toph and the Freedom Fighters and King Bumi..... i watched the whole series tongue_ss

dadudemon
i thought the movie was only gonna be the first book where Aang, Katara, and Sokka have to go to the North Pole so Aang and Katara can learn water bending from Master Pakku mhmm

oh and also, i hope they shed light on what happened to Zuko and Azula's mom cause at the end of the series they just cut away from Zuko asking Fire Lord Ozai where she is so i really hope they make it into a trilogy and get the whole gang involved with Toph and the Freedom Fighters and King Bumi..... i watched the whole series tongue_ss

Why are you putting spoilers in your post about the cartoon when the cartoon is already said and done?

Yeah, Azula's/Zuko's mother is off somewhere, prolly to come back after the defeat of the Fire Lord Ozai.

And, from the Trailer, it DOES look like this is just up to Ang's water bending training. That would be TOTALLY sweet if this is a trilogy.

Robtard

I'm under the impression the movie will cover start to finish.

I hope you're right, do you have something that confirms it?

MooCowofJustice
If this isn't a trilogy, it's looking like it could be a pretty long movie.

Very glad they got Appa the Sky Bison in there. He was win. And I think his name was Appa.

Am excited for this.

dadudemon
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
If this isn't a trilogy, it's looking like it could be a pretty long movie.

Very glad they got Appa the Sky Bison in there. He was win. And I think his name was Appa.

Am excited for this.

Yup, it's Appa.

And, no, this film only shows stuff, from what I can tell, up through Book 1. I didn't see anything in there except one Earth Bender blocking a fireball, that indicates that this is past Book 1.

It's confirmed that it is a Trilogy as I just looked it up: it will be Books 1-3. Which, is quite awesome.

Robtard

It's confirmed that it is a Trilogy as I just looked it up: it will be Books 1-3. Which, is quite awesome.

made my nipple hard. Hoping M. Night doesn't **** this.

dadudemon
made my nipple hard.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Hoping M. Night doesn't **** this.

Well, from what we can see, he's done a good job with it, thus far.

I've got my fingers crossed as they could have really messed things up and it not show through in the preview. sad (That's rare, though. For instance, you could tell from the preview that DragonBall was gonna suck MAJOR bawlz.)

T.M
Looks awesome, I haven't seen the cartoon but I will see this for sure.

dadudemon
Originally posted by T.M
Looks awesome, I haven't seen the cartoon but I will see this for sure.

Mos Def, man, see the cartoon first.

You can watch all of them, I think, on animefreak.com. (I love that site.)

T.M
I will thanks.

Bardock42
Well, I'm not really new to this movie thing. I can guess, usually, within 1 or 2 points of my final score.

Oh I include your final score in that statement...

I have however also read that it is going to be a trilogy, I thought perhaps Robtard had new information.

That ACDC Chick
Why are you putting spoilers in your post about the cartoon when the cartoon is already said and done?

Yeah, Azula's/Zuko's mother is off somewhere, prolly to come back after the defeat of the Fire Lord Ozai.

And, from the Trailer, it DOES look like this is just up to Ang's water bending training. That would be TOTALLY sweet if this is a trilogy.
cause ive run into trouble before with some assholes telling me to include spoilers when i posted a vid for kingdom hearts birth by sleep and i figured thered be people who havent seen it all

I'm under the impression the movie will cover start to finish.

I hope you're right, do you have something that confirms it?
well in all the trailers ive seen, theres been no Toph, no Azula, or Mai or Ty Lee seeing as they all come in in the second season
plus the wiki says that Paramount plan on making it a trilogy

Robtard
Well, from what we can see, he's done a good job with it, thus far.

I've got my fingers crossed as they could have really messed things up and it not show through in the preview. sad (That's rare, though. For instance, you could tell from the preview that DragonBall was gonna suck MAJOR bawlz.)

With M. Night, most of his films look at least decent and interesting in the previews. But I do think this will be at least an above average film.

That ACDC Chick
With M. Night, most of his films look at least decent and interesting in the previews. But I do think this will be at least an above average film.
it better be otherwise im sharpening some knives and warming up shotgun rain for Mr. Night Shamalan D:<

MooCowofJustice
I think Azula was in one of those trailers, didn't she have a huge lizard that she used to get around? There was one of those climbing up a wall, had a fire bender on its back.

That ACDC Chick
a lot of Fire Nation soldiers use them
Ty Lee and Mai even used them in "The Chase"

Ordo
Iroh looks disappointingly lean.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Ordo

HOLY SHIT!!!! that is the best sig I ever saw on here.

Very nice man.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Nuul
HOLY SHIT!!!! that is the best sig I ever saw on here.

Very nice man.

Off topic...but....yeah, it's good.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by Ordo
hopefully he bulks up awehuhs

Ms.Marvel
one day im going to find a clip on the internet that actually shows a fight scene from the cartoon itself that isnt in the form of a gay poorly made AMV.

one day.

That ACDC Chick
EDIT: bojesus youre right shock

That ACDC Chick
well, i found this and thought it was pretty interesting
its an unaired pilot episode with commentary from the creaters of Avatar
QW9K7irGAG8

Kazenji
Two posters of Aaan and Zuko

http://www.animevice.com/news/slick-new-last-airbender-posters/4382/

That ACDC Chick
i like the Aang one yes

That ACDC Chick
did anyone read the comments on that page? haermm

Kazenji
What one?

That ACDC Chick
the whole "racist" thing and that complaint about it being called The Last Airbender instead of Avatar

dadudemon
the whole "racist" thing and that complaint about it being called The Last Airbender instead of Avatar

The cartoon was called Avatar: The Last Airbender.

So, naturally, since 'Avatar' was already taken, The Last Airbender is a good choice, and it prevents confusion.

BruceSkywalker
this should be good and have great martial arts fight scenes

So, naturally, since 'Avatar' was already taken, The Last Airbender is a good choice, and it prevents confusion.

QFT

That ACDC Chick

but of course there are stupid people out there that will never understand logic as simple as this haermm

T.M
New poster.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5696/41525.jpg

That ACDC Chick
i love how they made the tattoos look on Aang

Robtard
So glad it's also in 2-D, even though all the larger/better theaters in my area will show it on 3-D and I'll have to settle for a subpar theater to see this correctly in 2-D.

This 3-D nonsense needs to stop; needs to stop immediately. I can understand films aimed at very young children being in 3-D, but it's gotten out of hand.

That ACDC Chick
so true
then sometimes, there'll be unnecessary things flying at the camera for the 3D version that look ridiculous in 2D
just look at Journey to the Center of the Earth

super pr*xy
So glad it's also in 2-D, even though all the larger/better theaters in my area will show it on 3-D and I'll have to settle for a subpar theater to see this correctly in 2-D.

This 3-D nonsense needs to stop; needs to stop immediately. I can understand films aimed at very young children being in 3-D, but it's gotten out of hand.

man, i hate all this 3-d bullshit, too.. i can't stand it.. i have prescription glasses and they don't have 3-d glasses that fit over them.. even if they did, i don't like 'em.. not to mention the inflated ticket pricing.. i'd rather see it in IMAX, thank you very much.. i really hope its just a phase.. but seeing as how they are already selling 3-d TVs, i doubt it..

BruceSkywalker

QFDT

Kazenji
New japanese trailer with some new footage

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66556

That ACDC Chick
just 18 dyas left!!! awew00t
who is going to go see it?

That ACDC Chick
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100509063801/avatar/images/1/14/Kinopoisk.ru-Last-Airbender_2C-The-1274368.jpg

alex28
the avatar is the really great movie i like this movie and i watched this movie four times

Scythe
Originally posted by alex28
the avatar is the really great movie i like this movie and i watched this movie four times

Yeah?

I won't, the film looks neat compared to the toon, but I'm just not a fan of this.

The Nuul
I will.

BruceSkywalker

i am seeing this with my newphew

Robtard
Will try to be there opening night.

JacopeX
TLA HAS BEEN BUMPED TO JULY 1ST!!!!

http://twitter.com/LeDoctor/status/16310788802

Yesh! O_O

3NRcofVQgTE

Looks extremely promising! XD

T.M
We still gotta wait till August here sad

alex28
i love the cartoon movie so i think it is the interested movie i love cartoon animated movies

That ACDC Chick
finally we get to see Momo!! eek!
mxKIu_AdLCY

Robtard
Originally posted by JacopeX

http://twitter.com/LeDoctor/status/16310788802

Yesh! O_O

**** yeah it does. It had better for M. Night's career too.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by JacopeX

This blows! F*ing Twilight: Eclipse comes out the same week. I want TLA to do extremely good at the box office so they can make more but competing against Twilight was not a good idea.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
This blows! F*ing Twilight: Eclipse comes out the same week. I want TLA to do extremely good at the box office so they can make more but competing against Twilight was not a good idea.

That was a stupid move: should have bumped it up to the next week.

That ACDC Chick
they shouldve bumped it up to today ha-son

dadudemon
they shouldve bumped it up to today ha-son

lulz

super pr*xy
f*ck twilight..

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by super pr*xy
f*ck twilight..
i second that notion yes

marwash22
I'm gonna be extremely pissed if the cabbage dude isn't in this movie, he's by far the best part of the series.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201002/36244/cuts/cabbage-merchant-airbender_480x360.png

dadudemon
Originally posted by marwash22
I'm gonna be extremely pissed if the cabbage dude isn't in this movie, he's by far the best part of the series.

http://mimg.ugo.com/201002/36244/cuts/cabbage-merchant-airbender_480x360.png

I would certainly love to see him as part of this series, as well.

However, is by far, not the best part of the series.

That ACDC Chick
was he even in the last season?
i remember him in the first two, but not the last mhmm

marwash22
I don't think he was in the last, but i do recall there being mention of him in the Ember Island skit.

the 'best part of the series' line, was a joke stick out tongue.

dadudemon
Originally posted by marwash22
the 'best part of the series' line, was a joke stick out tongue.

How dare you trick me like that. How. Dare. You. weep

SnakeEyes
This movie is getting absolutely terrible reviews >_>

RE: Blaxican
Not surprised. It looks like shit.

Robtard
That sucks, I have high hopes for this one, mainly because I liked to cartoon. Still will see it.

SnakeEyes
I was hoping it'd be a fun popcorn flick, but from the looks of the unanimous poor reviews, I think I'll wait for the DVD or something.

dadudemon
That sucks, I have high hopes for this one, mainly because I liked to cartoon. Still will see it.
I don't think it will be that bad.

Remember, people like you and I liked Voltron and Transformers, as kids. Have you watched those cartoons? Horrible horrible acting and dialogue. So horrible that it's hard not to think of it as a joke.

That's that bad I'm "reading" about this movie: crappy acting and too much plot.

I remember the crappy reviews that the Transformers' films got, and they were great.

SnakeEyes
I don't think anyone's saying "too much plot," they're saying "too much exposition" aka too much telling and not enough showing. I don't want to watch people telling me the story/background/etc. for a couple hours; that's bad filmmaking.

Also, the Transformers films sucked. A lot.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I don't think anyone's saying "too much plot," they're saying "too much exposition" aka too much telling and not enough showing. I don't want to watch people telling me the story/background/etc. for a couple hours; that's bad filmmaking.

Also, the Transformers films sucked. A lot.

Oh, that's what they've been saying?

I thought they were saying that too much plot was forced into a sub-2-hour film making it hard to follow and silly...cept for those that watched the cartoon like champs.

Anyway, yeah, you and I had words about the Transformers films. laughing

SnakeEyes
Oh, maybe they did say that too, but as far as I know M. Night planned on making this into a trilogy or something, so too much plot shouldn't be a problem... although I don't think a trilogy is necessarily going to happen given the potential lack of success for this film. Guess we'll see.

And we did indeed!

jacobhenriques
After revisiting Pandora via Blu-ray transmission, I have to state the obvious: this is some serious movie-making. There's good reason it's the highest grosser in film history.

marwash22
Originally posted by jacobhenriques
After revisiting Pandora via Blu-ray transmission, I have to state the obvious: this is some serious movie-making. There's good reason it's the highest grosser in film history. http://denshanouta.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/you_fail.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>