afro samurai vs samurai jack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

krisboyz781
Afro has Number One headband
takes place in desert

who wins

JusticeX
Samurai Jack

krisboyz781
why?

NemeBro
Jack, easily.

Strong enough to support a 700 ton sumo and jump hundreds of feet while carrying multi-ton boulders.

Fast enough to easily deflect machine-gun fire, among other things I cannot recall at the moment.

Durable enough to survive re-entry into the atmosphere.

His sword is also hax, with it he can cut Afro's sword in two.

Jack stomps.

First_Tsurugi06
Love both these guys, but I'd have to say Jack ultimately probably takes it. They have fairly similar feats, but Jack's just tend to be to a higher degree and more consistent (then again, there's not much room for consistency in a five episode anime with one movie; we'll see how well they elaborate further with Afro should a third season arrive).

Durable enough to survive re-entry into the atmosphere.

Was that the episode where he was helping those astronauts get back to their home? Because it's not like he was wearing just his gi during that time.

BruceSkywalker
Jack destroys him

NemeBro
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Was that the episode where he was helping those astronauts get back to their home? Because it's not like he was wearing just his gi during that time. He was in a space-suit, but it burned up right as he began falling through it. That was him tanking it.

First_Tsurugi06
No it wasn't. It just caught fire as he passed through it. That speaks more for the suit than his durabilty.

pgdarth95
can ninja ninja actually fight (srry, its off topic)

First_Tsurugi06
He's about 80% imaginary, so no no expression

SuperLuigi
afro easily

NemeBro
Not a chance.

Gumachi
Samurai Jack.

BradBalboa
i saw jack, afro is cooler and a more adult show, but jaks has better feats!

drrylan
i remember jack...that show was amazin

drrylan
double post = fail
anyways...proof of jacks ownage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjzxIelIx0&feature=related

First_Tsurugi06
^Prep ftw.

chuck inglish
afro samurai takes this due to his FTL reactions from deflecting that laser

King Kandy
Originally posted by chuck inglish
afro samurai takes this due to his FTL reactions from deflecting that laser
Jack reflects lasers all the time.

786SalamKhan
Jack isn't a Anime/manga character but anyway. I say he wins

chuck inglish
www.youtube.com/watch?v=utxc9-587Yk&feature=related (4:54 in the lower left corrner it changes its mode to laser beam if you look at the lower left corner) proof that what afro blocked/defected was infact a laser.... show me jack reacting to a laser and the canon actually calling it a laser if not Afro wins

NemeBro
Afro has been shot and injured by crossbow bolts and bullets.

Your argument is invalid.

marwash22
Afro is gonna get Sandusky'd.

chuck inglish
Originally posted by NemeBro

Your argument is invalid.

when he was in a weak state give me one time afro was hit with either in tip top condition and besides thats most likey PIS

NemeBro
when he was in a weak state give me one time afro was hit with either in tip top condition and besides thats most likey PIS

So what you are saying is:

Afro's one feat of blocking an alleged "laser" is more valid than multiple showings of being tagged by slower attacks?

You're a funny dude.

Oh, and he was not weakened when he was hit by the bolt.

RE: Blaxican

Your argument is invalid. Afro was unharmed by Justice shoving a pike through his brain.

Anyway, it's a silly argument. Jack was unable to defeat robo-motorcycle fodder due to not having any shoes. We can lowball all day.

chuck inglish
So what you are saying is:

Afro's one feat of blocking an alleged "laser" is more valid than multiple showings of being tagged by slower attacks?

You're a funny dude.

Oh, and he was not weakened when he was hit by the bolt.

yes im saying that. Afro has FTL reaction like it or not when was afro hit by a bolt? I hope you aren't referring to when he was scrapped by that arrow that poisened him? cause its most likey he didn't see it to avoid it. Fuunny you use that for an augment when afro was seen to dodge /deflect even faster objects like for instance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utxc9-587Yk&feature=related afro dodging and deflecting beams from afro droid (6:26) or reacting to a robot moving at hypersonic speeds (6:31)

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Afro was unharmed by Justice shoving a pike through his brain.

Anyway, it's a silly argument. Jack was unable to defeat robo-motorcycle fodder due to not having any shoes. We can lowball all day. Through his afro, scraping his skull, but not piercing it.

Afro has one feat of blocking a "laser", I'm sorry, but if there is an outlier, that is it. Beyond that, the term "lasers" is thrown around far too often in fiction. I won't accept a "laser" being lightspeed without signifigant backing to support that statement.

chuck inglish
i guess we should lowball wonder woman too for getting her ass kicked by deathstroke

chuck inglish
Through his afro, scraping his skull, but not piercing it.

Afro has one feat of blocking a "laser", I'm sorry, but if there is an outlier, that is it. Beyond that, the term "lasers" is thrown around far too often in fiction. I won't accept a "laser" being lightspeed without signifigant backing to support that statement.

lol but a laser is basically light. LIke it or not Afro has FTL reaction bro afro takes this

NemeBro
yes im saying that. Afro has FTL reaction like it or not when was afro hit by a bolt? I hope you aren't referring to when he was scrapped by that arrow that poisened him? cause its most likey he didn't see it to avoid it. Fuunny you use that for an augment when afro was seen to dodge /deflect even faster objects like for instance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utxc9-587Yk&feature=related afro dodging and deflecting beams from afro droid (6:26) or reacting to a robot moving at hypersonic speeds (6:31)

Yes, he was grazed by a bolt fired by that crossbow. He would, were he FTL, literally have to watch the bolt approach him for it to get anywhere near it.

Lol, what? You use him dodging/blocking generic energy blasts as a speed feat? Care to calc their speed?

Also show your calcs that prove the Afro Bot is hypersonic please?

Not that it really matters, Jack has replicated many of these feats, and surpassed them in multiple cases.

chuck inglish
Yes, he was grazed by a bolt fired by that crossbow. He would, were he FTL, literally have to watch the bolt approach him for it to get anywhere near it.

Lol, what? You use him dodging/blocking generic energy blasts as a speed feat? Care to calc their speed?

Not that it really matters, Jack has replicated many of these feats, and surpassed them in multiple cases.

sorry not very good a math but anywho yes he was grazed by an arrow he didn't SEE and basically there were arrows covering the sky basically seeing as he avioded them with ease

lol Jack blocked a laser?

NemeBro
Yes.

Granted I'm not going to go all fanboy gush mode and claim he has FTL reactions now.

Also, I wonder if you can point out one physical quality of the laser in that video that differs substantially from an actual IRL laser... I bet not.

He has also been shot by Justice's bullets.

Does Justice have FTL bullets now?

chuck inglish
Yes.

Granted I'm not going to go all fanboy gush mode and claim he has FTL reactions now.

Also, I wonder if you can point out one physical quality of the laser in that video that differs substantially from an actual IRL laser... I bet not.

He has also been shot by Justice's bullets.

Does Justice have FTL bullets now?

show me jack blocking a laser(which the canon actually calls it)

justice bullets only shot him because he was weakened and leaking blood every where

dadudemon

I can provide estimates based on those crappy vids.

The "laser" moved at 300 mph, at best. They were bullets because they make a clear and distinct "ping" sound when Afro blocks them with his sword.

Afro Bot's top speed is easy to figure out. He takes a certain amount of time to travel from ground level to above the stratocumulus clouds. Those cloud types have a ceiling of 8000 feet. So we just divide that height by how long it took the bot to get there.

From that video, it takes between 6:03 and 6:16 to get above the stratocumulus clouds. That's 13 seconds. That's 615 feet per second. That's 420 miles per hour (the speed of sound is 768 mph at sea level). If you consider that Afro Bot was accelerating up to a certain point, you can clearly see that Afro Bot cannot even come close to the speed of sound over the short distances in which they were fighting.

Summary: the "laser" fire from Afro Bots mouth don't even come close to being faster than a bullet...much less travel at the speed of light (c).

Afro Bot traveled at 420 miles per hour, on average, to reach above the clouds. That's not the speed of sound.

NemeBro
Yeah man, he was so weakened he was able to cut Kuma in half when he finally got serious. You're overrating the severity of his injuries.

I don't feel particularly inclined to go searching through Samurai Jack vids for someone who is just going to deny the evidence when he sees it honestly.

The Big Man
Jack easily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.