Iron Man & Iron Monger run the Transformer Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Tony Stark is picking up some sentient machines on his radar at home. He alerts Stane and they decide thatv if there is indeed a threat to Earth they will put aside there differences and fight together. Sure enough there is a threat. They take a jet out to the desert to conserve there suit power. There is no civillains in the immediate area for hundreds of miles so innocent bystanders are not a problem. No prep, both Stane and Stark are working together. Both suits have a radio for them to communicate. J.A.R.V.I.S. is aiding both.

No EMP's!

1. Barricade
2. Bumblebee
3. Ratchet, Iron Hide, Jazz
4. Optimus Prime
5. Devestator & Bonecrusher
6. Blackout & Scorponok
7. Optimus Prime
8. Starscream
9. Megatron
10. Megatron & Optimus Prime

How far can they get and explain why?

Robtard
This is a tricky question, as Iron Man would definitely be a hard target to hit, but it was shown in the movies that only sabot rounds(?) harm the Transformers.

Iron Monger being slow would go down fast.

Either way, Blackout's EMP is taking everything electrical out, so 6 is the limit.

Darth Martin
I took the EMP out b/c that would be too easy IMO for the Decepticons in that round.

Iron Man is indeed fast. He could outrun F-22's but not there missiles. Starscream is the only one who could compare in a dogfight. Megatron is capable of flight, yes, but I doubt he can compare to Starscream in that department.

Iron Monger is slow, yes, but he can fly. Sure meybe, for only short periods but he is decent. He caught up to a damaged Iron Man. So that gives him a great advantage over non-flyers but both Starscream and Megatron, perhaps even Blackout could tag him in the air. How high is Blackout's limit anyway.

While Optimus Prime was a great fighter he can't fly which is a slight disadvantage especially against Iron Man. I think he'd wreck Iron Monger though.

Sadako of Girth
Well if Iron Man has Sabot rounds, its all over, for the most part..

I reckon Starscream has the most chance aginst Iron Man.

Nemesis X
I think that Megatron would own. He only got defeated because he had the Allspark shoved into his chest (which is perhaps the most gayest way for him to die). If it wasn't for Sam, Megatron would've owned all the autobots and the world. The weapons I've seen in the Iron Man movie aren't powerful enough to defeat all these guys.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think that Megatron would own. He only got defeated because he had the Allspark shoved into his chest (which is perhaps the most gayest way for him to die). If it wasn't for Sam, Megatron would've owned all the autobots and the world. The weapons I've seen in the Iron Man movie aren't powerful enough to defeat all these guys.

Don't you think being robo-sodomized to death by an Autobot gangbang would be just a bit gayer?

Darth Martin
Megatron wouldn't own the world. F-22's would wipe him out assuming there is a decent number of them.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Megatron wouldn't own the world. F-22's would wipe him out assuming there is a decent number of them.

141 units.

Nemesis X
Still doesn't change the fact that Megatron alone can own Iron Man and Monger.

Darth Martin
Still doesn't change the fact that Megatron alone can own Iron Man and Monger. Sure but the other will be laying some serious firepower down while he's at it. I doubt he could catch Iron Man though.

Sadako of Girth

Those Sabot rounds appeared to mess up Megatron to the point where he couldnt even squash Shia LeBeouf right in front of him.

Sadako of Girth

I agree.

G1 megatron would be OK though.

Nemesis X
Sure but the other will be laying some serious firepower down while he's at it. I doubt he could catch Iron Man though.

Didn't military jets catch up to Iron Man in the movie? Megatron in his jet form can catch up to Iron Man and shoot him down.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I agree.

G1 megatron would be OK though.

Well yeah, if were talking cartoon/comic versions the Transformers rape our weaponry. But these are the Bayformers unfortunately.

And I seem to remember Megatron being bombarded w/ F-22 missiles, not sabot rounds when he was trying to crush Sam.

Nemesis X
Even in the comic books, Megatron owned Iron Man. In an Avengers issue, Tony invented Transformer armor and fought Megatron and lost. If the comic version can get owned then the movie version will get owned. Oh and by the way, the Megatron Tony fought was the movie version.

Robtard
Even in the comic books, Megatron owned Iron Man. In an Avengers issue, Tony invented Transformer armor and fought Megatron and lost. If the comic version can get owned then the movie version will get owned. Oh and by the way, the Megatron Tony fought was the movie version.

And Venom beat up Superman in the comics, so I'm not sure "the comics" is viable when comparing movie feats.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Robtard
And Venom beat up Superman in the comics, so I'm not sure "the comics" is viable when comparing movie feats.

Superman getting owned by Venom was non canon. Now the Avengers fighting the Transformers was.

Sadako of Girth
Well yeah, if were talking cartoon/comic versions the Transformers rape our weaponry. But these are the Bayformers unfortunately.

And I seem to remember Megatron being bombarded w/ F-22 missiles, not sabot rounds when he was trying to crush Sam.

So thats two weapons that we can see killing him then.

Sadako of Girth

For real. I would never use them, but its more of a regretful 'note of comparison' spirit behind my mentioning that, really.

Robtard
Superman getting owned by Venom was non canon. Now the Avengers fighting the Transformers was.

LoL, no, it was a cross-over, just like the DC Vs Marvel comics.

Sadako of Girth
There was a spidey crossover in marvel TFs also.

Assisting Gears in a raid on the Decpticon fortress to rescue Sparkplug Witwicky, (who was kidnapped cause he could convert fuel for the TFS)

Spidey once tied up Megatron, cocooning him in web, after having owned a few of the smaller decepticons in the comics and then Megatron broke free of the web, Spidey of course escaped...

Peter had the black suit at the time, Yet it was definitely Spidey not venom in control.

S.H.I.E.L.D were involved also in the comic for a couple of panels also, fact fans... smile

dadudemon
LoL, no, it was a cross-over, just like the DC Vs Marvel comics.

I'm confused. Transformers was a marvel comic, not DC. How is it a crossover? Are they both NOT 616?

Sadako of Girth
Both Action Force/Gi Joe AND Transformers were Marvel, yes.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm confused. Transformers was a marvel comic, not DC. How is it a crossover? Are they both NOT 616?

IIRC, they don't exist in the same universe. I'm no comic expert, so I may very well be wrong here, I do hope not though.

dadudemon
IIRC, they don't exist in the same universe. I'm no comic expert, so I may very well be wrong here, I do hope not though.

Yeah...I have no idea if the transformers are 616 or not. I'd have to look it up. I saw them both in the Marvel section at the comic book store...and I just googled and it clearly says marvel o the front...keeping up with continuity can be confusing...so I have no idea what is what.

Sadako of Girth
I wouldnt be surprised if the original G1 run is, 'cause:

The Dinobots fought Shockwave in Antarctica in the are confirmed as 'The Savage Land'.

Spidey (who refers to the FF with saying something like "Even the brilliant leader of the Fanastic Four, Reed Richerds would feel like a kid at his first science fair here." - Referring to seeing The Ark.

GI Joe.

S.H.I.E.L.D's Nick Fury.

Sadako of Girth
Heres Ironman AS a transformer.... stick out tongue
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/marvel/iron-man/1519/1/60/
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/marvel/iron-man/1519/

Darth Martin
Oh and by the way, the Megatron Tony fought was the movie version. No it wasn't, I have the book right here. New Avengers/Transformers. It's a crossover. Just like when Wolverine beat Lobo. Or when Storm beat Wonder Woman. Crossovers=Non-canon.

-If the Transformers in there were movie versions they would've looked like it.
-New Avengers is Marvel. Transformers is IDW Publishing.
-Transformers at a point in time was Marvel. Not during that crossover.
-(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDW_Publishing#Publications)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ List_of_IDW_Publishing_publications#T)Transformers

Sadako of Girth
Well spidey's bit in TFs was very canon to TFs and were a part of the regular run.. as were the others I cited under the Marvel days.

dadudemon
No it wasn't, I have the book right here. New Avengers/Transformers. It's a crossover. Just like when Wolverine beat Lobo. Or when Storm beat Wonder Woman. Crossovers=Non-canon.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ List_of_IDW_Publishing_publications#T)Transformers

Awesome.

Edit - That's not meant to be sarcasm. Expressing yourself on teh internetz with only words can be convoluted. lulz.

Nemesis X
No it wasn't, I have the book right here. New Avengers/Transformers. It's a crossover. Just like when Wolverine beat Lobo. Or when Storm beat Wonder Woman. Crossovers=Non-canon.

Goddang it. I didn't actually see the comic. I only heard from other people that the movie versions of the Transformers were in the comic.

Darth Martin
Basically it came out around the time the movie came out. But it's not the movie versions. None of the movie Decepticons are present in the book except for Megatron.

Eminence
I'm actually thinking Optimus Prime might be able to take them both. Fight spoilers, minor plot spoilers follow:

In TF2 - I watched the forest fight on watchmovies - he takes on Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor all at the same time, and once he gets serious he basically dominates all three until he gets hit from from behind. Before the lackeys show up, he is completely owning Megatron. Like, if robots had shit, he'd literally be beating it out of them. He cuts Megatron down and breaks his face, then rips Starscream's arm off and smacks him around with it, then jumps on top of Grindor, turns his swords into sickles, and rips his face in half. He's like a robotic, moar badass, bladed King Kong.

I'm not even sure the repulsors could do all that much here. They don't strike me as being stronger than Megatron's cannon.

So yeah. They go down to the Autobot trio, and if they somehow miraculously survive, Prime rips them a new one.

Darth Martin
So how is Prime so lackluster in the first getting drugged by Megatron and in the sequel he turns into a badass.

In the first, he literally got thrashed. The only hit we saw him get was w/ his cannon gun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.