Son of Beast closed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kevdude
This lady must be after something, Oh I wonder what it is ($$)

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090622/NEWS01/306220066

The Scribe
she had been hurt during a May 31

came forward June 16

Helbig said he did not know why the woman delayed reporting the incident.

This is frivolous, she's looking for money.

The case and investigation should be suspended and they should investigate her and throw her in jail and make her pay for the lost revenue and apologize to the people who wanted to ride the ride.

Instead of prison she should have to wear a sandwich board detailing what she did and how sorry she is for lying. For the rest of this season and maybe next season.

That would be funny. big grin I'd go to see her and throw things at her. wink

inimalist
I don't think 16 days is an unreasonable amount of time to wait before filing a suit...

kevdude
So you would wait 16 or so days to wait to say something?? I doubt that, messing with all the people wanting to ride the ride right before July 4th. mad

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
I don't think 16 days is an unreasonable amount of time to wait before filing a suit...

Correct, 17 days is when it ventures in the 'unreasonable' territory, unless of course that 17th day happens to fall on a Tuesday, then the next day (Wednesday) is acceptable.

It's all written down in the law books somewhere.

inimalist
Originally posted by kevdude
So you would wait 16 or so days to wait to say something??

depending, yes. I'd want to have a professional assessment of my injury, maybe give it a week to go away/get worse, and would obviously seek legal council before any lawsuit. That could fairly easily take more than 2 weeks.

On the flip side, someone reporting too early when there was no serious damage would have the exact same effect...

Originally posted by Robtard
Correct, 17 days is when it ventures in the 'unreasonable' territory, unless of course that 17th day happens to fall on a Tuesday, then the next day (Wednesday) is acceptable.

It's all written down in the law books somewhere.

lol, at least that makes it clear, if nothing else

dadudemon
I'm more interested in this 27 people injured thing.

Robtard
Read further into it, she was an obese woman who took up both seats, I assume one per ass-cheek.

She also fell 11 lousy feet, so at the 16 million she's demanding, that's 1.45 million per foot.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Read further into it, she was an obese woman who took up both seats, I assume one per ass-cheek.

She also fell 11 lousy feet, so at the 16 million she's demanding, that's 1.45 million per foot.

Wait.

What is this falling you're talking about?

Where and why did she fall?

The Scribe
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wait.

What is this falling you're talking about?

Where and why did she fall?

She fell because she is clumsy. A park employee didn't push her.

Also, if she was seriously injured she should have been taken to the emergency room immediately and a report should have been filed.

Not wait more than two weeks to do or say anything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

occultdestroyer
She's a golddiggah!

inimalist
There is also the fact that the American court system has set precedence in cases like this by awarding people with ludicrous sums for nonsense. Not saying that it is right, but the lady is doing what the courts seem to be there for. She clearly is not the one we should be focusing any anger or frustrations on.

16mil is clearly too much if there is no major injury. There might be some negligence if she was unfit to ride the ride and they let her on, but that shouldn't be worth more than identifiable damages, and maybe an "I'm sorry" thousand, barring anything serious.

I don't know the full details unfortunately... hopefully thats not off.

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
There is also the fact that the American court system has set precedence in cases like this by awarding people with ludicrous sums for nonsense. Not saying that it is right, but the lady is doing what the courts seem to be there for. She clearly is not the one we should be focusing any anger or frustrations on.

16mil is clearly too much if there is no major injury. There might be some negligence if she was unfit to ride the ride and they let her on, but that shouldn't be worth more than identifiable damages, and maybe an "I'm sorry" thousand, barring anything serious.

I don't know the full details unfortunately... hopefully thats not off.

She's claiming her injuries will prevent her from working ever again. So that 16 mil is (logically) a combo of the total sum of money she would have made in her lifetime and any pain she suffered.

Personally, the park was screwed either way, if they didn't let her two-seat taking ass on, she could/would have sued for discrimination. Just the sad state of affairs in the U.S. court system, you got that right, brother.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by kevdude
So you would wait 16 or so days to wait to say something?? I doubt that, messing with all the people wanting to ride the ride right before July 4th. mad

Well, to be fair, there is a lot to consider when thinking about filing a law suit as well as a good bit of research to do. If she didn't complain or make an acknowledgment right away, though, she will have a tough time proving her case. Although, i'm sure she will get a generous settlement and the amusement fans will get their coaster back soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.