Thor vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor (Classic.)

vs.

Superman

Stipulations - This is a pure hand to hand slug fest. Thor does not posses Mjolnir and cannot use his other powers. Superman does not posses his other powers such as flight, heat vision etc. It's all strength, durability, endurance and so on. Also, just to make things more effective, let's say they each posses the same level of speed, somewhere in Quicksilver's vicinity and the same experience.

Who wins?

xJLxKing
Superman wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on?
Fighting skills, power/strength.

Spire
Thor (Classic.)

vs.

Superman

Stipulations - This is a pure hand to hand slug fest. Thor does not posses Mjolnir and cannot use his other powers. Superman does not posses his other powers such as flight, heat vision etc. It's all strength, durability, endurance and so on. Also, I would like to gimp Superman, let's say they each posses the same level of speed somewhere in Quicksilver's vicinity and the same experience.

Who wins?

laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Fighting skills, power/strength. Power/strength similar to Thor's?

How does that give him the win?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
Power/strength similar to Thor's?

How does that give him the win?
nope. Superman>>Thor strength. He has no Mjolnir

iceman24567
This late at night no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fighting skills, power/strength.

If anyone posses the superior fighting skills, it's Thor. In terms of strength they are comparable at least.

So again I ask you, what information are you basing on the win you gave to Superman?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Lulz. Based on what?

What has Superman done, that clearly places him above Thor in strength?

It's not like Thor is capable of planet shattering blows, resisting the weight of half the planet and even resisting the weight of multiple planets, overpowering and lifting the Midgard Serpent or anything....

Giving Thor Mjolnir in such a situation would practically be spite. By the way, Mjolnir doesn't increase Thor's physical strength.

Mindset
nope. Superman>>Thor strength. He has no Mjolnir no expression

No.

And Mjolnir does not increase his strength, so what?

Warlord
no expression

No.

thumb up

gogogadgetgo

hmmm....so thor's strength comes from mjolnir?... interesting

Wild Shadow
thor would barring a warrior madness beat down, stick out tongue thor can and would rely more on his thousands of yrs of combat, he would be more likely to land the killer blow. thor does not have any moral reason to hold back in battle a neck snap ends supes DC's reign.

jasofisc
so with all things being equal what your really asking is whose spirit is stronger. that i'm not sure since both have fought to the bitter end several times. i'm more inclined to say superman if he was fighting for anything. In a friendly battle then it's thor because for thor every battle is very serous even if he doesn't kill the other person.

Lord Feron
WHen you say "same experience" do you mean with the QS speed or just in general? I mean why change that?!

anyway if Thor keeps his XP then He should win after a very hard fought battle.

Mshinu
So.. since they have the same experience as well here is this thread just about comparing physical atributes such as strength and durability plus their natural willpower?

Wild Shadow
thor's experience exceeds supes 1000 yrs asgard battle, seeing as thor is thousands of yrs older.

xJLxKing
no expression

No.

How about I hit you with my fist, and then a mallet. Tell me which will be more devastating.

Raoul
Superman. His physical attributes have always just seemed that bit better than Thor's to me.

grimify
They aren't that far apart in strength, but I think Superman still has the advantage. It wouldn't be significant enough to matter, though.

Thor is most likely a better hand to hand fighter, but I'd give Superman the edge in durability.

Equalizing speed is what loses it for Superman.

Thor 8/10

Stunner2xx
superman pwns him

ankur29
Thor (Classic.)

vs.

Superman

Stipulations - This is a pure hand to hand slug fest. Thor does not posses Mjolnir and cannot use his other powers. Superman does not posses his other powers such as flight, heat vision etc. It's all strength, durability, endurance and so on. Also, just to make things more effective, let's say they each posses the same level of speed, somewhere in Quicksilver's vicinity and the same experience.

Who wins?

rage , from most of your recent posts that i have seen in other unrelated threads also you are trying to compare thor with super all the time ,maybe its just me but whats up with that confused

could someone please tell me thors feats of strength that make him equal to superman

xJLxKing
Originally posted by ankur29
rage , from most of your recent posts that i have seen in other unrelated threads also you are trying to compare thor with super all the time ,maybe its just me but whats up with that confused

could someone please tell me thors feats of strength that make him equal to superman He has a huge grudge against Superman

Enyalus
Supes has the slight edge in strength to me. Thor has the edge in durability.

Though I'm unclear what you mean by same experience, Rage? Same fighting experience/skill?

Thor might pull 5.5/10 just because of his toughness and resistance to blunt force trauma.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus

Though I'm unclear what you mean by same experience, Rage? Same fighting experience/skill?

Thor might pull 5.5/10 just because of his toughness and resistance to blunt force trauma.
You're telling me Superman can't take blunt force.

ankur29

superman held a black hole in his hands:s, he has the higher durability of the two

...theres too much hate towards superman on these forums

Kris Blaze
superman held a black hole in his hands:s, he has the higher durability of the two

Heh, I always laugh at that.

ankur29
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Heh, I always laugh at that.

yup me too , supes feats are mad ridculous

Wild Shadow
yup me too , supes feats are mad ridculous

yeah, a micro blackhole or what ever supes grabbed isnt realy that impressive when you realize how insignificant a feat it was...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole stick out tongue

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
yeah, a micro blackhole or what ever supes grabbed isnt realy that impressive when you realize how insignificant a feat it was...

Actually, it's impossible to do it, but that feat was very good. He need mass strength and durability to do what he did. Even though, it's impossible.

ankur29

meh , you know what, superman can hold and gun and pull the trigger on himself and still survive however classic thor wouldn't, he'd jsu blow his brains out sad, i think its the same for WW

high blunt force durabilty sucks , throwing rocks at thor at superspeed might kill him

Wild Shadow
Actually, it's impossible to do it, but that feat was very good. He need mass strength and durability to do what he did. Even though, it's impossible.

you know scientist theorize that their are microscopic blacholes everywhere maybe even behind your eye you would never notice it.... stick out tongue like i said no big deal.

xJLxKing
you know scientist theorize that their are microscopic blacholes everywhere maybe even behind your eye you would never notice it.... stick out tongue like i said no big deal.
It's a theory just like they said it might also be produced by a H-bomb. Besides, this one wasn't a micro Black hole because it doesn't evaporate instantly.

Kris Blaze

It's impossible yet impressive laughing

Wild Shadow
but how can we guage the blackholes strength?

Kris Blaze
but how can we guage the blackholes strength?

You can't. It's a completely unquantifiable feat, like a lot of Thor and Superman's big feats are.

Some realize that they're equally stupid, other like to pretend that Superman's feats are "better"

Avlon
If anyone posses the superior fighting skills, it's Thor. In terms of strength they are comparable at least.

So again I ask you, what information are you basing on the win you gave to Superman?

Thor is a brawler...Supes is actually far more agile, flexible, faster, and a better martial artist in addition to being stronger.

Supes for the win.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Avlon
Thor is a brawler...Supes is actually far more agile, flexible, faster, and a better martial artist in addition to being stronger.

Supes for the win.

I disagree with most of this post.

Supes imo has a touch better in Strength on average. Nothing that Thor can't or hasn't handled. Senses are better (definitly helps in a fight).

Thor has him in durability but nothing that Supes can't eventually overcome.
Thor has him beat in skill imo by a noticeable amount. Yes thor is a brawler (so is Supes but thats just my opinion) but he is really good and has the experience to prove it. I think his skills and durability is what would lead him to a victory a few times. I could see Supes barely wining the majority but he would have to spill alot of his own blood to do it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I meant the same experience with that speed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
meh , you know what, superman can hold and gun and pull the trigger on himself and still survive however classic thor wouldn't, he'd jsu blow his brains out sad, i think its the same for WW

high blunt force durabilty sucks , throwing rocks at thor at superspeed might kill him

Lol. You need scans of Thor surviving high caliber bullets unharmed at all. To the head as well?

Lol, at throwing super speed rocks.

grimify
If not for taking Superman's speed away, he'd walk through this 10/10.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Supes for the win.

Superman stronger? Prove it. What has he done that makes him stronger? Thor has feats to match every one of his.

Superman is a brawler to an extent to. Better martial artists? Thor has more experience, and is the better fighter.

Far more agile and flexible? No he isn't.

He isn't faster here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by grimify
If not for taking Superman's speed away, he'd walk through this 10/10.

Lulz.

ankur29
Lol. You need scans of Thor surviving high caliber bullets unharmed at all. To the head as well?

Lol, at throwing super speed rocks.

i thought the bulletproof thing cameabout after he got odinpower?

Rage.Of.Olympus
i thought the bulletproof thing cameabout after he got odinpower?

No. His always had it.

ankur29
Superman stronger? Prove it. What has he done that makes him stronger? Thor has feats to match every one of his.

Superman is a brawler to an extent to. Better martial artists? Thor has more experience, and is the better fighter.

He isn't faster here.

can you prove thor is stronger than superman?

since i don't know enough about each charecter to know their best feat of strength? can someone who does like yourself show or tell me thors best strength feat compared to superman's best strength feat to see how strong they are relative to each other...please big grin

ankur29
No. His always had it.

can anyone else confirm this? i saw a sacan of him being peirced by a bullet i cant find it now , what a sad coincidence

Rage.Of.Olympus
can you prove thor is stronger than superman?

since i don't know enough about each charecter to know their best feat of strength? can someone who does like yourself show or tell me thors best strength feat compared to superman's best strength feat to see how strong they are relative to each other...please big grin

I don't think Thor is stronger. As much as I would like him to be, I admit that in strength they are comparable. Equals.

Thor has overpowered and lifted the Midgard Serpent, can hit with planet shattering force, supported the weight of half the planet and even resisted the weight of multiple planetoids. Those are just some of the feats.

If anyone thinks Superman is stronger, I've yet to see him do anything to clearly put him above Thor. I see them as comparable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
can anyone else confirm this? i saw a sacan of him being peirced by a bullet i cant find it now , what a sad coincidence

I would like to see that scan.

xJLxKing
And if he is? what then?

ankur29

i couldn't find it - but heres something quite interesting

http://www.weeklycrisis.com/2007/11/is-thor-bulletproof.html

Rage.Of.Olympus
And if he is? what then?

confused

It isn't anything of significance. Just trying to clear something up.

ankur29
confused

It isn't anything of significance. Just trying to clear something up.

superspeed projectiles woudl kill him ,i.e superman trhwing fast rocks check the link i posted smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
i couldn't find it - but heres something quite interesting

http://www.weeklycrisis.com/2007/11/is-thor-bulletproof.html

laughing

I can already think of two other incidents off the top my head where bullets simply bounce off of him.

Even the so called description, of "Thor Vol.1 480", is flawed, if we assume those changes. We clearly see the high caliber bullets hit Thor. They even hit him on the side of his face etc. We see him unharmed. He was also directly hit by the missile unharmed.

I've seen that link a long time ago. It's nothing new.

Rage.Of.Olympus
superspeed projectiles woudl kill him ,i.e superman trhwing fast rocks check the link i posted smile

That's why his withstood projectiles at fast speeds before right?

ankur29
That's why his withstood projectiles at fast speeds before right?

according to taht link , its only happened to teh JMS new thor , classic thor according to them is not bulletproof sad

what two incidents come to your mind? do you have scans/can you find some?

Rage.Of.Olympus
according to taht link , its only happened to teh JMS new thor , classic thor according to them is not bulletproof sad

what two incidents come to your mind? do you have scans/can you find some?

How is he not bullet proof? They clearly talk about issue where he is shown to be bullet proof.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_Bulletsuseless.jpg

He also showed being bullet proof in "Thor Vol.1 #475", if I remember correctly. His done it on other occasions.

carver9
Without the hammer, supes wins this 8/10 BUT on panel showings, thor is stronger. The things that Supes needed help with moving, thor has moved or prevailed to things much heavier.

In regards to the battle, this is in supes favor and he wins more time than not. With thors hammer, thor wins this 8/10, hes just more powerful.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman wins 8/10? Based on what?

You think Thor is stronger yet Superman still wins? Why?

In terms of durability, endurance etc. they are comparable, and in this scenario they posses the same speed.

So why would you give Superman such a high majority?

DeathKap
i thought the bulletproof thing cameabout after he got odinpower? laughing
As for the fight I don't know.

carver9
Superman wins 8/10? Based on what?

You think Thor is stronger yet Superman still wins? Why?

In terms of durability, endurance etc. they are comparable, and in this scenario they posses the same speed.

So why would you give Superman such a high majority?

I always gave Thor the majority over superman due to his exotic tricks (with his hammer) and the impact that the hammer hits at (planet destroying).

Even though I think thor is stronger, superman is more level headed than thor and he would think of a way of beating thor under these conditions.

Didnt superman just fight a kryptonian that possessed the same powers as him but thought his way through it and defeated him. Superman is just a fighting genous and again this battle falls in his favor.

Strenght: I give it to thor.
Blunt force trama: I give it to thor.
Smarts: goes to superman and without Thor not having the only advantage that he had with his hammer, he's not winning this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9
I always gave Thor the majority over superman due to his exotic tricks (with his hammer) and the impact that the hammer hits at (planet destroying).

Even though I think thor is stronger, superman is more level headed than thor and he would think of a way of beating thor under these conditions.

Didnt superman just fight a kryptonian that possessed the same powers as him but thought his way through it and defeated him. Superman is just a fighting genous and again this battle falls in his favor.

Strenght: I give it to thor.
Blunt force trama: I give it to thor.
Smarts: goes to superman and without Thor not having the only advantage that he had with his hammer, he's not winning this.

Thor can hit with planet shattering force. Mjolnir only add so much blunt force damage.

Exactly how what way would Superman think of beating Thor under these conditions? Just saying Superman will think of something and hope for the best won't work. Thor is a warrior born but as he has shown he is actually extremely level headed.

Superman defeated him using his superior hand to hand skill. Thor has been fighting for thousands and thousands of years, and unlike that Kryptonian, has mastered his powers, and has showings as an incredible hand to hand fighter. Superman might be a fighting genius compared to that Kryptonian, but compared to Thor? Heh.....

Like I said, how is Superman beating Thor. Especially 8 out of 10 majority?

You think Superman is smarter? Yes, Superman is more intelligent, but when it comes to combat aspects of such, Thor is the superior one.

carver9
Thor can hit with planet shattering force. Mjolnir only add so much blunt force damage.

Exactly how what way would Superman think of beating Thor under these conditions? Just saying Superman will think of something and hope for the best won't work. Thor is a warrior born but as he has shown he is actually extremely level headed.

Superman defeated him using his superior hand to hand skill. Thor has been fighting for thousands and thousands of years, and unlike that Kryptonian, has mastered his powers, and has showings as an incredible hand to hand fighter. Superman might be a fighting genius compared to that Kryptonian, but compared to Thor? Heh.....

Like I said, how is Superman beating Thor. Especially 8 out of 10 majority?

You think Superman is smarter? Yes, Superman is more intelligent, but when it comes to combat aspects of such, Thor is the superior one.

This is going to sound crazy and I know you're going to light me up when I say this but honestly, I think that mjlonir adds a little spice to thors strength. I think it gives him a strength increase, thats my opinion though.

I cant explain why I think that superman would win this, I just see this in his favor. I know I went over the edge when I said 8/10 but I'll give supes at least a 6/10 and I'm basing this all off of witts,

BUT, if superman doesnt fight smart and try to go straight up with thor without being tacticle, he will die.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is going to sound crazy and I know you're going to light me up when I say this but honestly, I think that mjlonir adds a little spice to thors strength. I think it gives him a strength increase, thats my opinion though.

I cant explain why I think that superman would win this, I just see this in his favor. I know I went over the edge when I said 8/10 but I'll give supes at least a 6/10 and I'm basing this all off of witts,

BUT, if superman doesnt fight smart and try to go straight up with thor without being tacticle, he will die.

Well it's you're entitled to you're own opinion, and although I might disagree, I still respect it.

I still have to ask though, what are you basing it on? Where does it state, or suggest that Mjolnir increases Thor's strength in any way. He has strength feats, without Mjolnir in hand that rival the ones with Mjolnir in hand.

Well, again, you're entitled to you're own opinion. I just think that if anyone is winning this fight through wits, it will be Thor. He has thousands, upon thousands of combat experience, and has been fighting since man was in caves.

I think you are underestimating Superman a bit. I agree that Thor would win this fight, if nothing else, based on his experience, but I don't think it's that cut and dry. Superman can put Thor down, even if he went straight toe to toe, but Thor's superior resilience to injury/pain etc. along with his experience, should allow him to take the win, but Superman can definitely win this fight, and I can see an argument being made for him.

carver9
Well it's you're entitled to you're own opinion, and although I might disagree, I still respect it.

I still have to ask though, what are you basing it on? Where does it state, or suggest that Mjolnir increases Thor's strength in any way. He has strength feats, without Mjolnir in hand that rival the ones with Mjolnir in hand.

Well, again, you're entitled to you're own opinion. I just think that if anyone is winning this fight through wits, it will be Thor. He has thousands, upon thousands of combat experience, and has been fighting since man was in caves.

I think you are underestimating Superman a bit. I agree that Thor would win this fight, if nothing else, based on his experience, but I don't think it's that cut and dry. Superman can put Thor down, even if he went straight toe to toe, but Thor's superior resilience to injury/pain etc. along with his experience, should allow him to take the win, but Superman can definitely win this fight, and I can see an argument being made for him.

Naah, I'm not underestimating supes, thats why I'm giving him the edge in this fight, I know what he's capable of and I also know that supes could pull some wins.

The only reason I said that supes would get killed if he didnt use his wits and just go straight up with thor is because of thor damage soak. He has some of the best damage soak in comics and behind him is wonder woman. You basically almost have to kill thor in order to beat him half of the time. He has rare cases of being one shotted (has he ever been one shotted in up to date comics) and he has rare cases of being defeated.

Now a superman that is fighting smart could get past that like he has always shown to do. I kind of look at this fight like spiderman vs venom, even though venom is stronger and more durable, spiderman wits always gives him the win.

Look at the resent story, when they went back to thors child hood. Thor in the beginning possessed asgardian strength but when he picked up mjlonir, he was toppling trolls and frost giants. Its my guess though and i really dont have any on panel proof to back my statement up, so I'm basically going to leave it alone.

Rage.Of.Olympus

carver9

Rage.Of.Olympus

Wild Shadow
due both thor and supe retain their standard powers like ice breath, heat vision or lightning.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah. Pure hand to hand. Read the opening post.

Giving Superman his heat vision and ice breath would be redundant, as they will do nothing to Thor, but giving Thor all his powers in such a situation, would be tantamount to spite.

Raoul
Wow @ thread.

shokosugi
Thor can't even win against Hulk. how's he going to win against Superman?

zeel
Thor puts up a good fight but supes wins in the end. thor has a hard enough time with herc, i dont see him beating supes under theses circumstances.

Mindset
Originally posted by shokosugi
Thor can't even win against Hulk. how's he going to win against Superman? Hulk >>>> Superman

Mindset
Originally posted by zeel
Thor puts up a good fight but supes wins in the end. thor has a hard enough time with herc, i dont see him beating supes under theses circumstances. Herc >>>> Supes

kgkg
Thor can't even win against Hulk. how's he going to win against Superman? That's a very good point.

grimify
Superman would beat herc and hulk, but those are two different threads.

Too much Superman hate. smile

Mindset
Originally posted by grimify
Superman would beat herc and hulk, but those are two different threads.

Too much Superman hate. smile He'd beat them in a drag queen contest, that's about it.

grimify
He'd beat them in a drag queen contest, that's about it.

Well, he would easily beat the hulk in a drag queen contest, but herc could give him a run for his money.

He likes to wear dresses anyway, depends on whether or not Superman sports his mullet.

shokosugi
DD = Superman

Hulk > Thor

DD > Hulk

DD >> Thor

Superman >> Thor

onionskin
DD = Superman

Hulk > Thor

DD > Hulk

DD >> Thor

Superman >> Thor

i see thou art full of crap, hence forth, thou shalt be known as "butt face" he who art full of shit!

grimify
Originally posted by onionskin
i see thou art full of crap, hence forth, thou shalt be known as "butt face" he who art full of shit!

Not sure why, but that made me laugh out loud.

KuRuPT Thanosi
DD = Superman

Hulk > Thor

DD > Hulk

DD >> Thor

Superman >> Thor

Out of lube yet Shoko?

Avlon

Let me see Thor turn a coal into diamond through sheer strength. Or punch with planet shattering force on his own.

The maggedon and Midgard serpent examples are old, though the mageddon is still more impressive.

Prove it. Let me see Thor use things like flips, pressure points, vibrating intangible and invisible..etc.

Sure is. "No, he isn't" is not an argument. I've seen Supes pull off nightwing-eque maneuvers on on more than one occasion.

He isn't faster here.

The fact that he needed to be gimped pretty much tells the story.

Kris Blaze
Thor has more experience.

Don't confuse that with more time in the dojo.

Mongul is an incredibly skilled fighter, but he still fights completely different than Superman.

The Nuul
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Out of lube yet Shoko?

Nope, that D listed member has plenty more where that came from. That's all hes does.

Tazer
Yo.

Sure is. "No, he isn't" is not an argument. I've seen Supes pull off nightwing-eque maneuvers on on more than one occasion.

........really??

when?

Tazer

carver9
Thor can't even win against Hulk. how's he going to win against Superman?

Physically, Hulk>>Supes. That should answer your question. This is a brawl and I know for a fact Hulk would CRUSH supes in a brawl. If you dont believe me, make a thread.

carver9
Let me see Thor turn a coal into diamond through sheer strength. Or punch with planet shattering force on his own.

The maggedon and Midgard serpent examples are old, though the mageddon is still more impressive.

Prove it. Let me see Thor use things like flips, pressure points, vibrating intangible and invisible..etc.

When has supes destroyed a planet and what was so impressive about the mag feat?

Stunner2xx
Thor cant hang with Superman

Thor fanboys will have to learn to deal with it.

Wild Shadow
another sock account? *cough sock.

Avlon
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

........really??

when?

Tazer

Check the respect thread. One was posted by batdude..and supes was depowered. I've also posted Supes flipping through attacks at steelworks while being tested on his abilities. In trial of Superman he also jumped and flipped off a sword in the middle of battle, Kill bill style.

There are others I'm forgetting..but those should suffice.

Enyalus
what was so impressive about the mag feat?
Nothing at all.

I actually read that arc before coming to KMC, then read about this Mageddon Wheel feat here and was like, "Well, maybe he had another appearance that I didn't see. 'Cause I don't remember that."

...Nope, I didn't miss anything. I wish a Superman supporter would post the feat in question, so everyone else who didn't read the storyline will be able to see it for what it is.

xJLxKing
"what was so impressive about the mag feat?"

I also want to know that

Badabing
This thread is about to get closed and warnings dealt to posters.

People need to read the OP and understand the thread stipulation before posting.

Thor (Classic.)

vs.

Superman

Anymore problems and I'll make good with closing the thread and warnings.

chomperx9
DD = Superman

Hulk > Thor

DD > Hulk

DD >> Thor

Superman >> Thor http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6431/wolverinevsvenom.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3334/venomandsuperman.jpg

wolverine >> venom >> superman big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by chomperx9
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6431/wolverinevsvenom.jpg

wolverine >> venom >> superman big grin laughing out loud

Badabing
Originally posted by chomperx9
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6431/wolverinevsvenom.jpg

wolverine >> venom >> superman big grin Did you not see my post or just decided to ignore it? Either way you now get a warning.

jinXed by JaNx
what kind of commie bullshit is that? Seriously, Venom hurting Superman?

Rage.Of.Olympus

The only time Thor attempted to turn coal into diamond, was when he was under mind control. So that doesn't count. Doesn't mean he can't do it. Thor generated so much pressure/strength with his hands, that he turned Uru, into nothing but metallic dust. That in my opinion is greater than turning coal into diamond. Thor can hit with planet shattering force on his own. Mjolnir doesn't increase his strength by the way. Even the Thor lite, Beta Ray Bill, generated so much force from a single blow, that the shock wave completely annihilated a planet.

In your opinion it's more impressive. The World Engine feat, is more impressive than either, in my opinion. Either way, both of them are pretty unquantifiable. We know that their incredible showings of strength, we just don't know at what level. Like I said, in terms of feats, of strength, Thor can match Superman.

What do I need to prove? It's clear Thor has more experience. Do you know who Thor is?

Vibrating intangible and invisible? That's like me asking to show, Superman, stealing someone's life force, or something along those lines. Superman has the superior speed, so of course he would be able to accomplish in that category what Thor cannot. What does that have to do with fighting/brawling skill?

Don't confuse, different types of fighting style, with less fighting skill.

As Thor has shown when he kicked, Fenris, and Loki's ass while they were amped with copy Mjolnir's, without letting them touch him once, that in terms of hand to hand combat, his a beast.

He manhandled Drax, and Maxam, with his superior hand to hand combat. His defeated Ares with his superior skill. He almost knocked out Juggernaut by using his superior fighting skills. He defeated Grog the God Crusher, while practically powerless and mortal, with his hand to hand combat skills alone. I even remember once, the Absorbing Man, absorbed Thor's powers, but he said, what good are his powers, if he can't even touch Thor. Thor is more of a brawler, than a martial artist, so he might not be as flashy as other fighters, but that doesn't mean he isn't as good or even better in fighting.

That's why Captain America himself said Thor is a master combatant, having been trained for hundreds of years in the art of war. Thor's been fighting since he can walk, and has shown tremendous fighting skill even as a child.

If anyone is the better fighter here, it's definitely, Thor.

Just because Superman fights differently doesn't mean his more agile. Thor has shown feats of amazing agility, with the his jumps, and dodges etc. Thor shows incredible feats of agility all the time. Hell, his punked a horde of Frost Giant's, with his agility. Besides Thor has also done Nightwing like maneuvers in the past. With his agility his punked Hulk despite his amazing reflexes in the past.

Superman has superior speed, but Thor is a lot more powerful. I took away both their advantages.

Enyalus
The only time Thor attempted to turn coal into diamond, was when he was under mind control. So that doesn't count. Doesn't mean he can't do it. Thor generated so much pressure/strength with his hands, that he turned Uru, into nothing but metallic dust. That in my opinion is greater than turning coal into diamond.
Majestic turned a pencil into diamond. shifty

Rage.Of.Olympus
Majestic turned a pencil into diamond. shifty

Shattering Uru in your finger tips
>
Turning the led of a pencil into diamond

stick out tongue

Still, that was pretty badass.

Enyalus
Shattering Uru in your finger tips
Everyone and their stepsister has shattered Uru. uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus
Everyone and their stepsister has shattered Uru. uhuh

You're just pissed that Thor > Majestic.

sly

I mean even Superman punked him in one hit. haermm

Enyalus
I mean even Superman punked him in one hit. haermm
I can't find a large enough facepalm for that comment.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I can't find a large enough facepalm for that comment.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Superman/th_KnocksoutDreamMajestic1.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Superman/th_KnocksoutDreamMajestic2.jpg

superdur

*Quickly runs for his life*

Enyalus
*Quickly runs for his life*
*trips him with Spartan's unconscious-from-Batmace leg*

confused

Juntai
You're just pissed that Thor > Majestic.

sly

I mean even Superman punked him in one hit. haermm As if Thor's jaw faired much better against a full swing from Superman.

whistle

Rage.Of.Olympus
*trips him with Spartan's unconscious-from-Batmace leg*

confused

*gets back up, and tosses Majestic's still unconscious body, as a distraction to escape*

stick out tongue

Enyalus
*gets back up, and tosses Majestic's still unconscious body, as a distraction to escape*

stick out tongue
Originally posted by Juntai
As if Thor's jaw faired much better against a full swing from Superman.

whistle

Rage.Of.Olympus
As if Thor's jaw faired much better against a full swing from Superman.

whistle

mad

Well, Superman said Thor was the toughest opponent his ever faced, plus unlike the beat down he gave Majestic he was holding his hand, barely able to stand, and his voice quivering as if he hadn't even hit puberty more than a prepubescent boy.

Thor > Majestic

stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus

big grin

Juntai
mad

Well, Superman said Thor was the toughest opponent his ever faced, plus unlike the beat down he gave Majestic he was holding his hand, barely able to stand, and his voice quivering as if he hadn't even hit puberty more than a prepubescent boy.

Thor > Majestic

stick out tongue Thor wasn't being held in place for him like Majestic was.

. . there was also more leverage behind the punch he threw at Majestic, since he wasn't on his back. . .. assuming we want to apply leverage to guys like these.

Kris Blaze
Thor wasn't being held in place for him like Majestic was.

. . there was also more leverage behind the punch he threw at Majestic, since he wasn't on his back. . .. assuming we want to apply leverage to guys like these.

And Superman only hit Thor once, right?

And he probably hit him just as hard as he hit Majestic, right? Since Majestic had just sent him through the forest and waded through his heat vision.

Bada told you to stop bringing up stupid shit, so stop.

Juntai
And Superman only hit Thor once, right?

And he probably hit him just as hard as he hit Majestic, right? Since Majestic had just sent him through the forest and waded through his heat vision.

Bada told you to stop bringing up stupid shit, so stop. I'm joking along with the conversation.
i.e; not being serious.

Bada didn't tell me shit.

Run along.

Kris Blaze
I'm joking along with the conversation.
i.e; not being serious.

Bada didn't tell me shit.

It's a fight Superman fanboys fall back on most of the time.

Don't try to cover your argument as a joke and then back out the second someone calls you on it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
hysterical

Juntai
It's a fight Superman fanboys fall back on most of the time.

Don't try to cover your argument as a joke and then back out the second someone calls you on it. I guess you failed to see that nothing on the this entire page, save the top post, is serious to the topic at hand. I guess you missed my whistling smiley, clearly constituting my messing around. And his reply with a mad face and tongue sticking out with somewhat of a playful rebuttal about Superman and puberty. I guess the guy I was posting to realized I was playing, so who cares what you think about it anyways?

Raoul
I was going to warn people about using JLA/Avengers in the thread, but i think that's the least of the problems.

i love the "don't you dare underrate thor" attitude when it comes from the same people who lowball superman. nice, guys.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Whose low balling Superman?

The last few posts, were just jokes, and weren't meant to be taken seriously. I apologize, if we were trolling a bit.

manx422
Jla/Avengers is canon
superman>thor
Superman in a stomp

Warlord
Originally posted by manx422
Jla/Avengers is canon
superman>thor
Superman in a stomp

JLA/Avengers is cannon so we have: Hawkeye > Captain Atom,
Wonderman > Kyle

thumb up

manx422
Originally posted by Warlord
JLA/Avengers is cannon so we have: Hawkeye > Captain Atom,
Wonderman > Kyle

thumb up
i don't care about kyle and cap evil face

Warlord
The whole crossover was crap and I say this as both DC and Marvel fan

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by manx422
Jla/Avengers is canon
superman>thor
Superman in a stomp

I would break down you're statement and tell you what was wrong with that fight between the two, but we are not allowed to use the "JLA/Avengers" crossover.

Also cannon for who? I don't recall Marvel ever referring to that debacle again once it was over.

Superman in a stomp?

I'm not even gonna bother.....

manx422
no it was brilliant
galactus got owned
darkseid had IG
cap getting high thinking he could fight superman
thor getting owned
fort galactus
superman getting owned
whole team getting owned

Raoul
Whose low balling Superman?

The last few posts, were just jokes, and weren't meant to be taken seriously. I apologize, if we were trolling a bit.

i'm speaking about this and the other threads.

also, JLA/Avengers is against the rules on this forum when it comes to debating which character would beat which.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Raoul
i'm speaking about this and the other threads.

also, JLA/Avengers is against the rules on this forum when it comes to debating which character would beat which.

We were joking too, lol. You didn't take that seriously did you? Sorry. embarrasment

Tell him that.

Raoul
i'm telling everyone.

badawe

Rage.Of.Olympus
i'm telling everyone.

badawe

Stop derailing and trolling the thread, with you're nonsense. It's already off topic as it is. One more time and it's a warning. Thanks. uhuh

Please don't ban me....

Kris Blaze
I was going to warn people about using JLA/Avengers in the thread, but i think that's the least of the problems.

i love the "don't you dare underrate thor" attitude when it comes from the same people who lowball superman. nice, guys.

Who's lowballing Superman, Irish? uhuh

Raoul
Stop derailing and trolling the thread, with you're nonsense. It's already off topic as it is. One more time and it's a warning. Thanks. uhuh

Please don't ban me....

hmm

that's Irish-Canadian to you, buddy boy.

abhilegend
Bump.

TheHulk
Hand to hand? Spilt or Supes win

a88378438
Spilt
superman wins beyond easily

Bentley

I finally understand how Kris Blaze got banned biscuits

LeonBuco666
Not a total stomp for supes but he wins 9/10 thor is a skilled warrior I can see thor over whelming supes with his counters an what not

Classic NES
Superman

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Classic NES
You think so?

I'm a big fan of Thor, but I've never seen him demonstrate strength feats that would outclass Superman. . I think thor 'possesses' more power than superman but he probly just doesn't find the need to bowl planets an sh!t

Bentley
Thor is an skilled warrior, but Superman has lots of technique and athletic ability to fall back on. He has used pressure points on Batman wink

abhilegend
Bump. Superman wins 10/10.

Come at me rage.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend

Come at me rage. Thor wins the majority. Spector skill, superior power, and fully exploits Supermans magical weakness.

abhilegend
Spector skills? Haha.

-Pr-
Superman.

JakeTheBank
lol @ the baiting.

Could go either way, as usual.

deathlife
Could go either way.

Zack Fair
Superman 7-8/10

Superman is more used to fighting with his fists than Thor. He is also more adept at using super speed. Thor has the whole millennium of experience thing going for him. Superman is stronger, but not enough to dominate the fight from the get go.

Edit Didn't see the same experience stipulation. Doesn't change my vote though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend

Come at me rage.

Your obsession with me is flattering.

Could go either way.

abhilegend
Your obsession with me is flattering.

Could go either way.

laughing out loud

No it would not. Superman is vastly stronger than thor and vastly more durable. Care to back your claim for once and not run away?Originally posted by deathlife
Could go either way.
Why would it go either way? Superman is stronger, more durable, more agile and at least as skilled if not more.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>