I'm on crutches!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
So I just got back from A & E and I've sprained my ankle quite badly sad I've got to use crutches for the next couple of weeks and my ankle's swollen up like a tennis ball. It's all purple and fat and I hate it. But at least it's not broken or fractured.

So yeah, sympathy please eyes

steverules_2
I have a bruise on my hand and I'm not whining roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Syren
So I just got back from A & E and I've sprained my ankle quite badly sad I've got to use crutches for the next couple of weeks and my ankle's swollen up like a tennis ball. It's all purple and fat and I hate it. But at least it's not broken or fractured.

For a sprained ankle? You're such a girl laughing out loud Man up lady stick out tongue

Syren
I know laughing out loud

I asked why I needed the crutches and the doc said it was a bad one, initially he thought I'd fractured it but the line on the x-ray turned out to be the join where my growth plates sealed when I was younger. How very interesting...

Anyway, it hurts a whole hell of a lot, so I'm going to be a girl about it stick out tongue

steverules_2
but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
?sad

Syren
Why what? You mean how did I do it? I fell down a friend's random stair in the middle of her hallway as I went to the toilet because I didn't know it was there and didn't think to turn the light on. Think Wile E Coyote stepping off a cliff into mid air and then realising and dropping like a stone big grin

steverules_2
You didn't have to resort to peeing in a plant pot did you? sly If you had to go no.2 I don't wish to know what you resorted to sad

Syren
I didn't go in the end, I went all white and dizzy though which was probably quite entertaining to the other people there. I forgot I needed the loo.

Kostabot

I feel your pain. I sprained my ankle at week 3 weeks ago, and it's still tender in the morning and later in the day.

Syren
Originally posted by Kostabot
I feel your pain. I sprained my ankle at week 3 weeks ago, and it's still tender in the morning and later in the day.

Thank you dear, I know people think a sprain isn't painful but it really is and it's debilitating being unable to properly use my bloody left foot. Crutches make me look like such a goon laughing out loud Glad yours is feeling better though hug

steverules_2
Looking like a goon....I want pictures of this

leonheartmm
^girls with crutches in the dark are targets for rape u know..............

steverules_2
Originally posted by leonheartmm

I sure do 131

JacopeX
Walk it off. <_<

Genesis
I hate crutches.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Crutches rocks! You can do loads of cool stuff with crutches cool

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Why what? You mean how did I do it? I fell down a friend's random stair in the middle of her hallway as I went to the toilet because I didn't know it was there and didn't think to turn the light on. Think Wile E Coyote stepping off a cliff into mid air and then realising and dropping like a stone big grin

Heh, I've had weirder sprains - walking along the path normally, suddenly tripping over air and end up being sprained. xD

well, that really sucks though. not really a friendly hallway - who places a stair in the middle of a well-used hallway? >>.

ah well, crutches. at least you can play the sympathy card every now and then - just don't tell anyone the story how your leg got that way big grin

Syren
Originally posted by steverules_2
Looking like a goon....I want pictures of this

Ha. Not a chance. You'll have to take my word for it stick out tongue

Originally posted by leonheartmm

I'm not so concerned seeings as I'd be carrying two ready to hand weapons.

Originally posted by JacopeX
Walk it off. <_<

I tried, and thanks for your consideration.

Originally posted by Genesis
I hate crutches.

I'm finding them increasingly handy as my right leg was becoming tired from all the goon-like hopping big grin

Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
Crutches rocks! You can do loads of cool stuff with crutches cool

Like stay upright.

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
Heh, I've had weirder sprains - walking along the path normally, suddenly tripping over air and end up being sprained. xD

well, that really sucks though. not really a friendly hallway - who places a stair in the middle of a well-used hallway? >>.

ah well, crutches. at least you can play the sympathy card every now and then - just don't tell anyone the story how your leg got that way big grin

laughing out loud I know it's there now so no excuse if it happens again, right? I don't mind people knowing how I did it, it happens to the most graceful of us I suppose. I just want people to understand that just because it ain't broke, don't mean it don't hurt sad

mitchum
I can blow you

Syren
fu

mitchum
Oh okay, last time I try to help.

WhiskeyGirl
That sucks. Sprains are never fun and typically hurt worse that breaks.

Lots of ice, elevation, and rest.

Get Well Soon!!

guy222
hope it heals soon syren smile

Syren
Originally posted by mitchum
Oh okay, last time I try to help.

That was helping? confused

Originally posted by WhiskeyGirl
That sucks. Sprains are never fun and typically hurt worse that breaks.

Lots of ice, elevation, and rest.

Get Well Soon!!

Apparently sprains do hurt more, but I broke my wrist when I was 15 and nothing's been more painful in my whole life, so I'm glad I didn't break my ankle!

And thank you big grin

Originally posted by guy222
hope it heals soon syren smile

Thanks love happy

mitchum
How isn't it?

Ms Chelle
Oh Kerry, that sucks. Hope you heal fast beautiful. hug

Syren
Originally posted by mitchum
How isn't it?

I don't know, I must have read you wrong? shrug

Originally posted by Ms Chelle
Oh Kerry, that sucks. Hope you heal fast beautiful. hug

Thank you Shellie hug

The Scribe
I don't remember growing older.... When did you? nopity

wheelchair

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8503/nelsonmuntz.jpg

The Scribe
I'm not completely insensitive.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/4835/72c83b8ea5e861c4f500d7c.th.gif http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6992/empathbear.th.jpg

BruceSkywalker

use lots of ice and heat kerry.. you'll be fine in a week or so

DeathKap
Hope u feel better.

Syren
Originally posted by The Scribe
I don't remember growing older.... When did you? nopity

wheelchair

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8503/nelsonmuntz.jpg

laughing out loud

Originally posted by The Scribe
I'm not completely insensitive.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/4835/72c83b8ea5e861c4f500d7c.th.gif http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6992/empathbear.th.jpg

That's better, much appreciated eyes

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
use lots of ice and heat kerry.. you'll be fine in a week or so

I have to use ice for the first few days and shouldn't put my ankle in the bath just yet until the swelling's gone down. So bring on the hugely uncomfortable baths with one leg hanging over the side roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by DeathKap
Hope u feel better.

Thank you big grin

JacopeX
I tried, and thanks for your consideration. Don't mention it! smile

Crutches and ankle sprains are nothing new to me. I know what i'm talking about. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi

So yeah, sympathy please eyes Ouch. I used to play Basketball alot, I know all about sprained ankles.

Jaeh.is.Awesome

laughing out loud I know it's there now so no excuse if it happens again, right? I don't mind people knowing how I did it, it happens to the most graceful of us I suppose. I just want people to understand that just because it ain't broke, don't mean it don't hurt sad

lol, indeed. Yes, it does happen to the most graceful of us. and most clumsy too - we just have to figure out which. big grin

but yes, sprains does hurt. especially ugly black-and-blue-looking ones.

=Tired Hiker=

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. sad Now show us some pics of it! clapping

Robtard
And while you've got the camera out, takes some pics of your butt and cleavage for us too. No reason to waste a camera-moment.

Rogue Jedi
yes

dadudemon
Poor Kerry. sad

I once tore some muscles in my left ankle, doing agility drills. That is a form of a sprain....it's like...the second worst kind of sprain you can get.

It was so bad, that it dashed my hopes of playing American Football at the college level. sad

So I know how bad it feels.

You should use the excuse that I used: You were the first person to actually break your foot off on someone's ass.

steverules_2
Ha. Not a chance. You'll have to take my word for it stick out tongue

Damn estahuh Bet you're not even really called syren, it's all a lie!

Slay
Thank you dear, I know people think a sprain isn't painful but it really is and it's debilitating being unable to properly use my bloody left foot. Crutches make me look like such a goon laughing out loud Glad yours is feeling better though hug
Yeah, I'd even go as far as to say most sprains are more painful than fractures, at least in my experience.

Syren
Originally posted by JacopeX
Don't mention it! smile

Crutches and ankle sprains are nothing new to me. I know what i'm talking about. laughing out loud

Sounds like it, since the (fully qualified) doctor (with many years of experience) said that it wasn't a good idea to try to walk it off immediately because of the swelling and discomfort as it would only prolong the recovery period and cause me even more pain.

I think I'll go with what the doctor recommends on this one happy

Mr. Bacon
Now you can make people get you things though hmm

Syren
yes

If looking all sad and helpless doesn't work, a quick swipe at their head with one of the crutches will always do the trick big grin

Mr. Bacon
Naturally, better hope they duck though or you might be in some trouble stick out tongue

Syren
hmm

I would imagine they'd duck...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
wouldn't it be more interesting if they don't?

Syren
laughing out loud

leonheartmm
so im guessing no proper sex for a while then.....

BruceSkywalker
hmm

I would imagine they'd duck...

has the pain subsided even just a little bit, Kerry?

Syren
has the pain subsided even just a little bit, Kerry?

yes

It's still swollen though, it looks like I have padding under the skin around my ankle.

BruceSkywalker
yes

It's still swollen though, it looks like I have padding under the skin around my ankle.

Can I fly down and take care of you? big grin stick out tongue

DeathKap
Can I fly down and take care of you? big grin stick out tongue Perv stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DeathKap
Perv stick out tongue

she's a good friend as well

DeathKap
Just kiddin man wink

BruceSkywalker
I know

jinXed by JaNx
I know laughing out loud

I asked why I needed the crutches and the doc said it was a bad one, initially he thought I'd fractured it but the line on the x-ray turned out to be the join where my growth plates sealed when I was younger. How very interesting...

Anyway, it hurts a whole hell of a lot, so I'm going to be a girl about it stick out tongue

laughing

Well, you get my sympathy. Although, i'm not sure if it's cuz you're on crutches or because you're a girl. wink

Syren
eyes

You guys are so sweet.

steverules_2
eyes

Steve is so sweet.

Hell yeah I am sly

leonheartmm
eyes

You guys are so sweet.

horny is the word ur looking for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.