KMC Contest of Champions- Marvel vs DC Discussion thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
I decided to go ahead and make a separate thread for this because it's gone WAY beyond my original idea in the other thread. I myself currently have no official say in how this thing's going to go down, but illadelph12 said that he'd host the thing. Here's all he's said so far...

Originally posted by illadelph12
After some consideration, I think I'll step back into an organizer role for now to get this thing moving and possibly participate as Zod or Apocalypse after everything is in place and someone else can take the helm. This idea has a lot of promise.

For starters, are their Team Captains for each company, and what will be the combat rules?

...so evidently there's no set format as of yet and everything's still up in the air. So everyone go ahead and throw in your two cents and lets get this baby going...

Original Smurph
Smurph = Team Captain.

batdude123
I'll bite.

psycho gundam
so are team captains like the foremen of a jury, they get all the individual battle stratagems from their team members and puts them into a coherent initial writeup? basically just a poster willing to make sense of like 5+ posters hammering them with ideas.

right?

illadelph12
I have an idea that may be interesting:

-Each team will have a captain (of course) and a team of 6+ posters representing a certain character from their respective company. No quota on the number of members per team.

-Each week there will be a different battle scenario posted (for example, 3 vs 3 Meta Tier battle on Coruscant week 1. 2 vs 2 Herald battle in Manhattan week 2. 4 vs. 4 Street level battle in Tokyo, etc).

-Each team captain will designate a team from their roster to compete in that weeks battle scenario. However, this designation will be kept in secret and not known to the opposing side until the onset of battle.

-In the battle the posters representing each character will collaborate on a battle plan and debate the actions and interactions of their characters/team.

-No character can be used in consecutive weeks (to mix things up, allow everyone to participate, and up the ante on strategic planning).

We'll have to come up with a post quota, either collectively or indivudually, and time limits. It will be up to the combatants to strategize and coordinate their attacks, of course. Other team members can provide logistical support (researching their opponents for weaknesses, finding scans, etc) while their not competing. We're also going to need some neutral judges like myself. At least 3 per match. Also, it might be a good idea to schedule out the battlefields and and match stipulations (number of people participating each week) up front to allow the captains and their teams to come up with a week by week strategy and scheduling things out on each person's real life responsibilities.

Just a proposal, of course.

illadelph12
Also, we might want to have a poster draft unless ya'll want to keep the team from the original thread as Team Marvel.

Digi
laughing out loud

Have fun. Put me down for judge.

illadelph12
Heh.

Yeah, I know.

I like challenges.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Digi
laughing out loud

Have fun. Put me down for judge. ye of little faith

illadelph12
I don't think it's a lack of faith. It's more of an acknowledgment of a precedent.

However, with compromise and level heads, I think this could go off with relative ease.

psycho gundam
without a doubt.

hey digi, does that mean adam warlock is up for grabs?

*i still want thanos though if that's possible.

Raoul
If Ill is back on board, i see no reason to be involved in the organisation of it, as it's in good hands.

illadelph12
Originally posted by psycho gundam
so are team captains like the foremen of a jury, they get all the individual battle stratagems from their team members and puts them into a coherent initial writeup? basically just a poster willing to make sense of like 5+ posters hammering them with ideas.

right?

I was thinking more along the lines of the captains being spokespersons for the entire team and organizing things. They wouldn't necessarily have all of the responsibilities, but they'd be the primary liaison as far as presenting opening posts and making sure their teammates are on the same page and doing what's necessary to win. Those criteria can fall on more than one member of the team though. It's always good to have capable teammates.

As for the teams, do participants want a draft with captains making the picks, or to just freely pick a side and then decide who is the captain afterwards?

illadelph12
Originally posted by Raoul
If Ill is back on board, i see no reason to be involved in the organisation of it, as it's in good hands.

So you're going to compete as Cyclops or Supes (or Hamson)?

darthgoober

-Each team will have a captain (of course) and a team of 6+ posters representing a certain character from their respective company. No quota on the number of members per team.

-Each week there will be a different battle scenario posted (for example, 3 vs 3 Meta Tier battle on Coruscant week 1. 2 vs 2 Herald battle in Manhattan week 2. 4 vs. 4 Street level battle in Tokyo, etc).

-Each team captain will designate a team from their roster to compete in that weeks battle scenario. However, this designation will be kept in secret and not known to the opposing side until the onset of battle.

-In the battle the posters representing each character will collaborate on a battle plan and debate the actions and interactions of their characters/team.

-No character can be used in consecutive weeks (to mix things up, allow everyone to participate, and up the ante on strategic planning).

We'll have to come up with a post quota, either collectively or indivudually, and time limits. It will be up to the combatants to strategize and coordinate their attacks, of course. Other team members can provide logistical support (researching their opponents for weaknesses, finding scans, etc) while their not competing. We're also going to need some neutral judges like myself. At least 3 per match. Also, it might be a good idea to schedule out the battlefields and and match stipulations (number of people participating each week) up front to allow the captains and their teams to come up with a week by week strategy and scheduling things out on each person's real life responsibilities.

I'd vote against setting up anything overly complex right at first. This is a different type of event than normally goes down and regardless of the amount of effort put into it while it's still in the planning stage, there are going to be kinks that no one thinks of that need to be worked out later on. If I were you, I'd just set up a single match using the loosest of formats as a "practice run" and then use what happens in that match to decide how to proceed. If you set up everything in advance there are going to be people who get pissed later on if something needs to be changed. Keeping things really loose at first will hopefully prevent anyone from becoming too attached to the way things are handled in the trial run and encourage people to come up with new ideas on how things can be improved in the future.

But that's just my opinion on the matter, feel free to disregard it if you'd rather not handle things that way.

Raoul
So you're going to compete as Cyclops or Supes (or Hamson)?

i'm moving house, so i don't know if i'll have the time.

if i get back on relatively quickly, and you guys have kept it simple, i might give it a shot...

Digi
There was no hidden subtext in my last post. I was amused, wished you guys well, and offered to be a judge. The offer stands. I don't really have time to compete in anything atm, and anything tourney-related always needs reliable judging, so it's a win-win.

And yeah, Warlock's up for grabs. Feel free to take him, though there might be rules for 'calling' characters, so you might want to talk to goob or someone.

Original Smurph

I nominate Smurph as team captain. He's plenty experienced with tourney-style matches, has demonstrated innate ability for tourney strategy, has a thorough knowledge of most things comic, and is, above all, modest.

As for the actual rules:

Post counts should be individual, ideally, since people will be repping different characters, and each should be heard equally. The biggest argument for collective time caps would be that some posters can't make post quota due to time constraints, but that's what we'll have so many characters for, right?

Each teammate should be required to be fielded at least once, assuming that we have a set time to end this by.

We should consider back up posters for certain characters, or back up characters for certain posters? Could be a mess, but if we really need Magneto for a certain match, and the Magneto repper is gone, it could help to have a sub.

Raoul
Originally posted by Original Smurph
I nominate Smurph as team captain. He's plenty experienced with tourney-style matches, has demonstrated innate ability for tourney strategy, has a thorough knowledge of most things comic, and is, above all, modest.

As for the actual rules:

Post counts should be individual, ideally, since people will be repping different characters, and each should be heard equally. The biggest argument for collective time caps would be that some posters can't make post quota due to time constraints, but that's what we'll have so many characters for, right?

Each teammate should be required to be fielded at least once, assuming that we have a set time to end this by.

We should consider back up posters for certain characters, or back up characters for certain posters? Could be a mess, but if we really need Magneto for a certain match, and the Magneto repper is gone, it could help to have a sub.

off topic, but:

did you get that message i sent you on msn?

Blair Wind
off topic, but:

did you get that message i sent you on msn?

You know he just leaves MSN on even when he's not around. Then responds 6 hours later laughing out loud

Anyways, Im willing to do this. Don't really care which side as I have favorites in each company. If someone wants me on a particular side, let me know through PM's or MSN.

And good luck Delph.

illadelph12
Smurph, would you be heading up Team Marvel or Team DC?

Original Smurph
off topic, but:

did you get that message i sent you on msn? Yeah. I was gonna look into that, because, truthfully, I have no idea... mmm

Not off the top of my head, anyways.

Original Smurph
Smurph, would you be heading up Team Marvel or Team DC? My instinct is to say Marvel.

Raoul
Originally posted by Blair Wind
You know he just leaves MSN on even when he's not around. Then responds 6 hours later laughing out loud

Anyways, Im willing to do this. Don't really care which side as I have favorites in each company. If someone wants me on a particular side, let me know through PM's or MSN.

And good luck Delph.

yeah... sad

Yeah. I was gonna look into that, because, truthfully, I have no idea... mmm

Not off the top of my head, anyways.

if you had anything at all, it'd be much appreciated, as i'm having a lot of trouble myself...

batdude123
I'll be the captain of DC. ha-som

TricksterPriest
Team DC.

And Batdude for Captain. batdur

Rage.Of.Olympus
Then I'm definitely with Marvel. I want to actually win. stick out tongue

Sign me down for Thor or Wally West and I'm good.

Trick, whenever I see your avatar, I have an urge to watch the Simpsons.

illadelph12
Um...

So is this thing going to happen?

leonidas
Um...

do these things EVER happen . . . .?

and rage--you want to be on marvel and use wally? hmm . . . perhaps i was giving you too much credit earlier on . . . big grin

illadelph12
laughing

It's a cold world...

Raoul
Um...

i thought you were in charge?

TricksterPriest
Regarding Flash, he is technically in Marvel. "Buried Allen." who became Fast-Forward. wink

illadelph12
i thought you were in charge?

Yes, I am.

However, I'm not a team captain and there seems to be no participants or teams designated, Pig.

Raoul
Yes, I am.

However, I'm not a team captain and there seems to be no participants or teams designated, Pig.

so open a thread stick out tongue

get people to register, then assign captains.

step to it stick out tongue

TricksterPriest
Batdude and I already declared for DC, Smurf is probably marvel, and Goober is definitely marvel, SO GET TO WORK. durfist

illadelph12
so open a thread stick out tongue

get people to register, then assign captains.

step to it stick out tongue

You sonuva...

illadelph12
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Batdude and I already declared for DC, Smurf is probably marvel, and Goober is definitely marvel, SO GET TO WORK. durfist

facepalm

Muthaf*cka, I don't assign the teams, it's up to the captains and participants to gather the squads.

And also, no one has chimed in on ideas for the rules (if any).

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Batdude and I already declared for DC, Smurf is probably marvel, and Goober is definitely marvel, SO GET TO WORK. durfist looks like team dc has a handicap.

leonidas
Originally posted by psycho gundam
looks like team dc has a handicap.

methinks we can go ahead and declare marvel the winners already . . .

stick out tongue

Digi
I say you start a thread, give everyone 2 posts, and throw down in an unholy cluster**** with no pre-established rules. Then I'll wander in, shrug, and vote for whoever uses the phrase "SWEET CHRISTMAS!" more.

yes

Seriously though, I may take the reins of an idea at some point and plan something eventually. But not this.

Raoul
You sonuva...

laughing

illadelph12
I say you start a thread, give everyone 2 posts, and throw down in an unholy cluster**** with no pre-established rules. Then I'll wander in, shrug, and vote for whoever uses the phrase "SWEET CHRISTMAS!" more.

yes

facepalm

leonidas
facepalm

indeed . . .

psycho gundam
i don't really blame digi though, he likes tournaments, but there is always a monkey wrench waiting to derail the whole thing. *coughtrickcough* after several disappointments it would make anyone a bit jaded.

Digi
I'm just making light of the situation. I'm not anti-tournaments. Given my history, and what I've tried to do to help them become more prevalent on KMC, that thought would be preposterous. There just doesn't seem to be a ton of direction here. But I do hope it changes.

...except for the Sweet Christmas thing. That, I was serious about.

uhuh

illadelph12
How about each team member gets one character from each tier (Herald, Meta, Street) from their respective company to represent?

Original Smurph
How about each team member gets one character from each tier (Herald, Meta, Street) from their respective company to represent? Sounds swell.

TricksterPriest
works for me. Any banned powers? And how much prep time?

illadelph12
I'm thinking no prep and, given that you wouldn't be able to use the same characters in consecutive matches, the power limitations can be relaxed a bit. No OHK or Time Manipulation powers, of course, but beyond that it could just be up to the captains to put together a strong team that can dominate the opponent in each blind draw match.

Kris Blaze
If you have trouble getting people then I am definitely down for Marvel. Haven't decided on a character yet though. That Hulk fanboy grabbed Thor right under my nose uhuh

darthgoober
How about each team member gets one character from each tier (Herald, Meta, Street) from their respective company to represent?
That's going to be quite a few people to mess with overall depending on how many people are on each team. I was under the impression that there'd end up being 6 or 7 guys on each side so with 3 characters each we're talking about 36-41 characters total. It seems like it'd be easier to just let people rep one guy to make sure there's enough of each companies "big names" to go around. If there's a shortage of people willing to participate someone can always rep more than one person to compensate, but I'd make sure there were openings before letting people get more than one person.

illadelph12
Yeah, but it's not like the characters will be used each week, and each week would be a different battle scenario for others to participate rather than just weekly free for alls. If you only have 7 characters you're hands are tied.

darthgoober
I'm thinking no prep and, given that you wouldn't be able to use the same characters in consecutive matches, the power limitations can be relaxed a bit. No OHK or Time Manipulation powers, of course, but beyond that it could just be up to the captains to put together a strong team that can dominate the opponent in each blind draw match.
Why not go for broke and have one tourney WITHOUT any restrictions? Things like Time manipulation can be tough to compensate for, but this IS a Contest of Champions between two opposing universes so why not let them pull out all the stops? Most characters who have one shot techniques or can manipulate time have a counterpart from the opposing company who can do the same so it should balance out overall. As long as there's no prep and everything goes down "in character" no one power or ability should be able to rule the tourney.

illadelph12
Because it's cheap.

darthgoober
Yeah, but it's not like the characters will be used each week, and each week would be a different battle scenario for others to participate rather than just weekly free for alls. If you only have 7 characters you're hands are tied.
Hmmm that's true. Well we could always hold the tourney in "rounds" by tier also. Get 7 guys for each side to handle the "street" tier for one or two weeks, then when they're done get 7 guys for the "meta" tier, and then 7 more for the "Herald" tier. I mean it's up to you since you're hosting it, I just wanted to make sure that there weren't a bunch of people who had to wait till next time around because I grabbed Cap, Nova, and Surfer.

darthgoober
Because it's cheap.
Yeah but that's just the way some people's powers are. If we take out OHK's, it means that guys like Blackbolt and Adam Warlock lose the very thing that qualifies them for their tier and if we take out Time Manipulation it means that no one can draft anyone like Zoom or Wave Rider even though they fit in as well as anyone else in their tier.

illadelph12
Doing it that way would be a mess in my opinion. It's hard enough to get a 2 to 3 man team to brainstorm a plan and make all of their arguments work in unison (as well as deal with scheduling conflicts). 7 people on each side (14 total) debating at the same time would be like a parody of the U.S. Senate. I think randomly designated 2 to 4 man matches are the most reasonable, and it also frees up the other team members to provide support (finding scans and researching for the current battle or upcoming battles) when they aren't engaged in combat until the following week.

illadelph12
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but that's just the way some people's powers are. If we take out OHK's, it means that guys like Blackbolt and Adam Warlock lose the very thing that qualifies them for their tier and if we take out Time Manipulation it means that no one can draft anyone like Zoom or Wave Rider even though they fit in as well as anyone else in their tier.

Which means people will have to think and work for their wins.

illadelph12
And to clarify, that's time manipulation as an attack (time freeze and pwn), not time manipulation like simulated super-speed.

darthgoober
Doing it that way would be a mess in my opinion. It's hard enough to get a 2 to 3 man team to brainstorm a plan and make all of their arguments work in unison (as well as deal with scheduling conflicts). 7 people on each side (14 total) debating at the same time would be like a parody of the U.S. Senate. I think randomly designated 2 to 4 man matches are the most reasonable, and it also frees up the other team members to provide support (finding scans and researching for the current battle or upcoming battles) when they aren't engaged in combat until the following week.
Oh I didn't mean 7 man battle royals, I was thinking of matches between and pairs or groups of 3 with rotating opponents.

Which means people will have to think and work for their wins.
But does it really mean that people will have to work for their wins, or does it mean that SOME people will have to work for their wins? How is Adam Warlock soul sucking an opponent any "cheaper" than Flash throwing 10 IMP's to KO his opponent before his opponent has even processed that the bell has rang?

illadelph12
Because 10 IMPs are avoidable with comparable speed, instant teleportation, phasing, or survivable with enough durability, whereas getting soul snatched by the Soul Gem is for all intents and purposes unblockable.

It's cheap.

darthgoober
Because 10 IMPs are avoidable with comparable speed, instant teleportation, phasing, or survivable with enough durability, whereas getting soul snatched by the Soul Gem is for all intents and purposes unblockable.

It's cheap.
Surfer's resisted it and Warlock's expressed his hesitance at Soul Sucking from people with a strong personality because there's a chance it'll overwhelm him, so a case can always be made(whether or not it's believable is up to the judges). And no one WITHOUT massive amounts of speed/reflexes can do ANYTHING to defend against an IMP. Sure teleportation and phasing are options IF the character in question has Flash level super speed also so he can react, but anyone without it will be just as helpless as a random person against the Soul Suck. As far as durability goes, 10 was just the number I picked. Go ahead and scale it up to the max and see what the results are. Make it 1,000 and see how many in the herald division can stay conscious for a full second. If you think about it, sufficient levels of Super Speed is a perfect counter for Soul Sucking because a speedblitz would prevent Warlock from being able to preform the tactic. So would teleporting out of the way.

And does offensive transmutation qualify as a OHKO? What about BFR? What about mental shutdowns? What about making use of Anti-Matter or some other energy blast that could theoretically be defended against by SOME in your tier but is far to much for the opponent you're actually facing? My point is that there are any number of attacks that would be considered "cheap" for tourney purposes and if you start capping/barring one it's going to be an an unbalanced game unless you cap/bar all of them. The final call is yours of course, but if there's a vote going on put me down against barring OHKO's or any other restictions outside of keeping everyone "in character".

illadelph12
Noted.

batdude123

I think no prep is a huge mistake.

leonidas
i like no prep, and i'd be willing to play on whatever team needed a participant, if either team does.

batdude123
Right now, DC's side needs more people than Marvel's.

Newjak
Originally posted by batdude123
I think no prep is a huge mistake. Well if i were to do this I wouldn't have it be no prep, or a ton of prep.

I'd make it 1 minute relative prep time. As in everyone gets only 1 minute to do something. This would be regardless of Speed, Time Powers, or any other factor that has been used in the past to increase prep time.

1 minute that is it. That would give any individual character time to make minor preparations such as raising a defensive shields, turning invisible.

That would open a few more characters for certain tiers so that they won't get completely trashed, and there isn't too much time to give major time to creating various elaborate battle plans.

Newjak
Right now, DC's side needs more people than Marvel's. I would help you out

Possibly repping Deathstroke, Doomsday, Captain Marvel

But I can not really devote a huge amount of time to this.

batdude123
Originally posted by Newjak
Well if i were to do this I wouldn't have it be no prep, or a ton of prep.

I'd make it 1 minute relative prep time. As in everyone gets only 1 minute to do something. This would be regardless of Speed, Time Powers, or any other factor that has been used in the past to increase prep time.

1 minute that is it. That would give any individual character time to make minor preparations such as raising a defensive shields, turning invisible.

That would open a few more characters for certain tiers so that they won't get completely trashed, and there isn't too much time to give major time to creating various elaborate battle plans.

If this were up to me, I wouldn't hinder any creative strategies for either side. That's why I'm for prep. It lets you know who's been studying and who's been putting time/effort into their ideas. Plus it makes for a more interesting fight imo.

With no prep, the bell rings and character "A" blasts the other team while character "B" speedblitzes, etc. etc. blah blah. It's the same shit you see in the vs. forum every single day. The most fun tournies I've seen have involved thinking outside the box and creative planning.

Prep adds a little bit more variety into the mix. I'd be for it.

leonidas
it wouldn't really matter to me either way, but there is some crazy a$$ $hit people put together with even the minimum amount of prep . . .

and dc would be fine with me captain bats. big grin i like loads of guys. metamorpho is someone i might like to use if that tier were open. i also like indigo along with lots of other more mainstream characters of course. orion is another i really like.

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas
it wouldn't really matter to me either way, but there is some crazy a$$ $hit people put together with even the minimum amount of prep . . .

and dc would be fine with me captain bats. big grin i like loads of guys. metamorpho is someone i might like to use if that tier were open. i also like indigo along with lots of other more mainstream characters of course. orion is another i really like.

thumb up

Original Smurph

It's cheap. So, by this definition, Black Bolt doesn't qualify as a OHKO, right?

illadelph12
Not in my opinion.

Digi
So, by this definition, Black Bolt doesn't qualify as a OHKO, right?

I like the idea of a character himself being a OHKO. It's not BB's scream. No no. It's just Black Bolt. It would be like entering a tourney and going "BAM! BLACK BOLT!" and then watching the ensuing controversy.

Kris Blaze
Is there a single incident where Black Bolt fuxx up someone by screaming or something? Feels like the attack is always being blown completely out of proportion.

psycho gundam
that one time he pwned apocalypse with seemingly a whisper. (though not 616 and apocalypse has tanked his yell in 616 before whistle )

TricksterPriest
There is no House of M. Move along. stick out tongue

psycho gundam
yup.

big grin

Original Smurph
I like the idea of a character himself being a OHKO. It's not BB's scream. No no. It's just Black Bolt. It would be like entering a tourney and going "BAM! BLACK BOLT!" and then watching the ensuing controversy. It's all part of the propaganda plan.

Rather than actually debating BB in this tourney, I'd rather have everybody shake in fear at the thought of "BAM! BLACK BOLT!".

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Is there a single incident where Black Bolt fuxx up someone by screaming or something? Feels like the attack is always being blown completely out of proportion. I'd answer, but let's save it for the tourney.

Scoobless
I may be up for this .... if someone can explain wtf is actually going on in 50 words or less.

no expression

batdude123
Originally posted by Scoobless
I may be up for this .... if someone can explain wtf is actually going on in 50 words or less.

no expression

Sorry, can't be done.

Original Smurph

no expression It's a game where you find out who can get the most air driving off a cliff while on fire.

Post video on line after.

Met challenge in half the words needed.

Scoobless
But I don't have a car .... sad

Original Smurph
Then you lose.

Scoobless
Hey, you finally beat me at something (even if it was only by default)

stick out tongue

Original Smurph
Hey, you finally beat me at something (even if it was only by default)

stick out tongue Funny, that you would bring up winning by default...

The Nuul
When are these tourneys going to start?

leonidas

no expression

marvel vs dc.

each company has 7 (i think . . . ) participants repping it. you choose a side and tell the captains which heroes from which universe you would like to use--any level up to trans, i think.

all other rules have yet to be decided upon. not sure who captains are but i think batdude is heading dc (or we're letting him THINK that . . . shifty ) and maybe smurf is doing marvel? confused

smurf and bw are playing on the marvel side among others. dc (which i think is me) has . . . bats.

simple, nyet? big grin

Enyalus
smurf and bw are playing on the marvel side among others. dc (which i think is me) has . . . bats.
You're DC? sad

simple, nyet? big grin
Delat ne govorit russkijj v ja!

...Charlotte will probably kill me if she sees that. My Russian is horrible.

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus

You're DC? sad

well, geez, SOMEONE has to, or there won't BE a tournament.

umm

Enyalus
well, geez, SOMEONE has to, or there won't BE a tournament.
I could join DC with a Wildstorm entrance. big grin Someone needs to show WS some love besides Digi.

umm
I was attempting to say, "Don't speak Russian at me!" But I probably conjugated 'govorit' wrong. Charlotte would know. She speaks it. And I probably butchered it, so I apologize in advance. stick out tongue

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus

I could join DC with a Wildstorm entrance. big grin Someone needs to show WS some love besides Digi.

that'd be sweet. truth to tell, i thought you'd be repping majestic.

thought so . . . confused

apology accepted. big grin

Enyalus
that'd be sweet. truth to tell, i thought you'd be repping majestic
I don't know about the tier thing, but I've got Genis-Vell right now...who I like slightly more than Maj. big grin

kgkg
All the characters are taken I guess I'm out.

illadelph12
I don't think the rosters have actually been established yet KG.

Charlotte DeBel
I'm going to kill you.

Ne govori so mnoy po-russky... that's the right version, darlingsmile

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
I'm going to kill you.

Ne govori so mnoy po-russky... that's the right version, darlingsmile

Just kidding about killing, darlingsmile

Blair Wind
smurph and bw are playing on the marvel side among others.

Do Smurph and I come as a packaged deal? confused

I havent actually said I'd represent any company, the most involvement I have had is that I opened the team threads.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Do Smurph and I come as a packaged deal? confused

you don't? confused

but, he'd be lost without you! stick out tongue

ah. well i usually associate you with the marvel guys, and smurf is vying for captainship so . . .

if i jumped the gun . . . oops. smile

scoob and i would be happy to have you. (because everyone knows HE'D be lost without ME too . . .)

heh

Scoobless
I'll go on either team I guess ... when it comes to Marvel/DC I guess I swing both ways.

no expression

illadelph12
Ok.

The innuendo in this thread has gone way to muthaf*ckin far now. Wow... facepalm

leonidas
I'll go on either team I guess ... when it comes to Marvel/DC I guess I swing both ways.

no expression

translation: he knows as little about one universe, as he does about the other. big grin

Raoul
ill, you still in charge of this?

illadelph12
Not as far as making teams and designating who represents what characters is concerned.

illadelph12
By the way, your avatar is f*cking with my head man.

Raoul
Not as far as making teams and designating who represents what characters is concerned.

ah. any word on when you're planning on having it take place?

By the way, your avatar is f*cking with my head man.

laughing out loud

for once, when usually the opposite is true...

illadelph12
Not particularly. We don't have teams or a consensus on the rules yet.

Booty Butt Cheeks>>>>Epilepsy.

Raoul
Not particularly. We don't have teams or a consensus on the rules yet.

Booty Butt Cheeks>>>>Epilepsy.

laughing out loud

need any help?

illadelph12
Are you participating?

Raoul
Are you participating?

honestly don't know (but by friday, i should know), but even if i was, i'm sure i could help somehow...

illadelph12
Has anyone decided on the 3 characters they are representing?

batdude123
Has anyone decided on the 3 characters they are representing?

I'm still considering 2 picks, but I do know for sure that my street guy is Bats.

illadelph12
You're captain of Team DC, right? Do you have any definite teammates?

batdude123
You're captain of Team DC, right? Do you have any definite teammates?

Philosophia, Trick, and leo at this point. Maybe Paul if he decides to join.

illadelph12
Have they decided on their 3?

batdude123
Have they decided on their 3?

I think Trick has. Other than that, I don't know.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Just kidding about killing, darlingsmile
laughing out loud You're too kind. And thanks.

Hm, so we are going with Delph's three tier format afterall? I've got some solid knowledge of heralds and street levelers in both universes. But metas....hmm. Usually not my thing.

TricksterPriest
I really would like to know the prep situation. Is it just battlefield prep, base prep or what? How much time, etc?

illadelph12
I want none, but it's up for vote.

I'm being democratic.

TricksterPriest
I'm good either way as long as we settle it before the roster is set in stone or revealed.

batdude123
I'm for prep. I've already given my reasons earlier.

Enyalus
I want none, but it's up for vote.

I'm being democratic.
None's good for me, too. I saw some battles from the last tourny, and really, I found half of them ridiculous. Claiming their teams could build such and such advanced war machinery, tech shields and hack into global military systems to WTFpwn the opponent from space in the span of ten minutes prep.

Maybe Batman or Oracle or Doom, but...C'mon. That shit's cheap in a no PIS environment.

Raoul
Against any type of prep that consists of more than a character raising a shield to protect themselves...

batdude123
facepalm

Original Smurph
Against any type of prep that consists of more than a character raising a shield to protect themselves...

leonidas

darthgoober

Badabing
Well, from the POV of someone who has judged tournies, taking out the crazy prep would make things much easier...

But the crazy prep seems to be half the fun.

illadelph12
So far it looks like the overwhelming majority of those voicing their opinions are against prep beyond raising shields. How many participants are we looking at? I don't want to make the "No Prep/Raised Shields Allowed" rule official if the majority haven't chimed in.

Also, have we reached a consensus on OHKs and Time Manip?

Raoul
facepalm

what?

-goes to look for you pro prep post-

If this were up to me, I wouldn't hinder any creative strategies for either side. That's why I'm for prep. It lets you know who's been studying and who's been putting time/effort into their ideas. Plus it makes for a more interesting fight imo.

With no prep, the bell rings and character "A" blasts the other team while character "B" speedblitzes, etc. etc. blah blah. It's the same shit you see in the vs. forum every single day. The most fun tournies I've seen have involved thinking outside the box and creative planning.

Prep adds a little bit more variety into the mix. I'd be for it.

hmm, ok, good point. so what would you suggest?

Scoobless
So each person picks three characters form a single universe (M/DC) spread over the three tiers and what ... each match is a 3 on 3 thing or do you just take one character per match?

PS: No prep ftw! (or extremely limited, shield type prep, at max)

leonidas
So each person picks three characters form a single universe (M/DC) spread over the three tiers and what ... each match is a 3 on 3 thing or do you just take one character per match?

PS: No prep ftw! (or extremely limited, shield type prep, at max)

what'd i tell you about the questions!

stick out tongue

main reason i said to not ask questions is because i don't think hardly any rules have yet been established . . . embarrasment

Raoul
I'm up for competing, as i've finally settled, but tbh, i'd like to know the prep arrangements before i commit, if thats ok (and assuming anyone wants me).

batdude123
If everybody is going to btch about prep, then we should at least allow defensive shielding to start.

illadelph12
So far the vast majority are against prep, but for shields being raised before the gun.

batdude123
I guess people are content with this just being another vs. forum match.

Enyalus
So are you Catholic or just a single mom, Miss Guilt Trip?

leonidas

more like against THIS tourney just turning into one more ridiculous purely-prep-based touney like all the recent ones . . . most of the recent tourney matches have been won based solely on prep. it turns into 2 teams trying to prove their prep is better and in the match it really doesn't matter who you even have. the match has been decided based on who came up with the marginally more believeable prep strategy.

that act is old. erm

batdude123
Hey, if you wanna act like some boring bitches, then it's fine with me. uhuh

leonidas
Hey, if you wanna act like some boring bitches, then it's fine with me. uhuh

that's why you're the captain. you're ability and willingness to compromise are unparalelled in the kmc. no expression

Raoul
Why not a compromise, then?

Forbid the creation of any tech, armour or weaponry that is not standrad issue.

stuff like that ^

batdude123
more like against THIS tourney just turning into one more ridiculous purely-prep-based touney like all the recent ones . . . most of the recent tourney matches have been won based solely on prep. it turns into 2 teams trying to prove their prep is better and in the match it really doesn't matter who you even have. the match has been decided based on who came up with the marginally more believeable prep strategy.

that act is old. erm

Right, and having a regular vs. forum match hasn't been done to death.

THAT act is old.

leonidas
Why not a compromise, then?

Forbid the creation of any tech, armour or weaponry that is not standrad issue.

stuff like that ^

compromise is fine. it's just really hard to do . . . i'm fine with say, 2 minutes prpe but no tech creation beyond what's brought in by each, but then you bring in the issue can standard equipment be merged, yadda-yadda. it's just REALLY hard to grant prep AND find a way to NOT have people use it to make just barely believeable prep plans.

batdude123
that's why you're the captain. you're ability and willingness to compromise are unparalelled in the kmc. no expression

I'm just saying I don't have to join a team tourney for what's in store for us. I can just keep debating in the vs. threads.

Raoul
compromise is fine. it's just really hard to do . . . i'm fine with say, 2 minutes prpe but no tech creation beyond what's brought in by each, but then you bring in the issue can standard equipment be merged, yadda-yadda. it's just REALLY hard to grant prep AND find a way to NOT have people use it to make just barely believeable prep plans.

i guess just asking people to be sportsmanlike is out of the question, then... sad

leonidas
Right, and having a regular vs. forum match hasn't been done to death.

THAT act is old.

this is way different. it's a vs match with judges. you don't drop in and say "he wins". you need actual proof and need to be convincing enough to win a judgement. gimme a match where characters decide it over a match where the person who can make the least ludicrous plan in prep can win it. making plans is fun and you get ot be creative and all that--but once the match starts it's all about defending prep, and the characters don't matter. that's crap.

leonidas
i guess just asking people to be sportsmanlike is out of the question, then... sad

yeah, pretty much. erm

leonidas
I'm just saying I don't have to join a team tourney for what's in store for us. I can just keep debating in the vs. threads.

it's different because you need to be BETTER than in a forum match. i like paul's attempt at compromise. it's just hard to find a good one that isn't exploited and abused.

batdude123
this is way different. it's a vs match with judges. you don't drop in and say "he wins". you need actual proof and need to be convincing enough to win a judgement. gimme a match where characters decide it over a match where the person who can make the least ludicrous plan in prep can win it. making plans is fun and you get ot be creative and all that--but once the match starts it's all about defending prep, and the characters don't matter. that's crap.

Ok, so a few more scans will be involved. Semantically speaking though, it'll still be the same.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>