IGN - Top 100 villains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze

xJLxKing
I think it's bull that magneto was chosen as the number 1 villain. If anything, it should have been between Joker, of Lex Luthor.

I read this a while ago.

Phantom Zone

Philosophía
I don't consider Magneto a villain and these type of comments stop me from taking IGN that seriously..

Character-wise he definitley deserves to be on the first place, but not 'villain wise'. He is at his best when he is an anti-hero (X-Men 1-3 is probably my favorite story-arc with him) but when he is a mad-villain type of portrayal, he isn't anything special.

Kris Blaze

Philosophía
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
It feels like the bit about Magneto was written by two people. Part of the reason why he is so great is that he proves how relative terms like "evil" are. He's not Doomsday or Mangog, he's not pure evil. They essentially said "Magneto is a great villain because he is not evil, but he is 100% evil"

In the video where they voice their reasons why for choosing him, someone even brings up his role in Secret Wars. How can they then claim that he is evil?

Anyways, the list got a good lot of decent villains. I still feel that Lex is a much greater villain than the joker. Inb4fanboyfags.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm a Joker fanboy, so I wouldn't know. Lex certainly has his moments (I think I'll even post some in the Superman forum) but I just find Joker far more fascinating, especially written by somebody like Grant Morrison.

Edit: Just noticed Lucifer is on the list also. Not only is he another arguable 'villain' (though he certainly qualifies more than Magneto), the place he is (68) is ridiculous.

Bouboumaster
What? Have you seen what lazy ass comment they wrote at number 47 aka Thanos!?

willRules
Their reasoning was that Magneto makes such a great villain because he could be considered a hero? What the???

IMO Joker should have won it for being a pure, undiluted psychopath but he's by no means my personal favourite. I quite like the Sentinels myself yes

Digi
IGN is to spark discussion, not to be completely right. Take all of it with a grain of salt.

psycho gundam
it's his complexity that put him at the top spot.

TricksterPriest
Anti-Monitor at 49? Give me a break. Even if he's rarely used, he should be top 10 for sheer scale and grandiosity. Prior to Darkseid in FC, nobody came even close to doing what he did in COIE.

Boubou: Thanos sucks, and there really isn't that much to say about him. Starlin can't write compelling dialogue most of the time.

I really like that Kid Miracleman made the list. Alan Moore is getting much love on that list.

Apoc @ 24 is nice, but unless he delivers big time in this current arc, I can't say he should be up there, simply because he's been screwed too often by bad writers.

Also, to expand on a earlier point: People who are unabashedly villains or at least use villanous means, ok. But Magneto is kind-of on the fence because he's not always a villain and he's at least somewhat justified in thinking that mutants need someone to lead them. Same with Black Adam, he's someone who doesn't really qualify as a villain.

Dark Phoenix at 9? Hell ****ing no.

Galactus, above everyone else on this list, should not be on here. He is not a villain. HE is a force of nature. As I think Reed said after his death at one point (might be What-If or AU), Galactus was more compassionate and generous than anyone ever gave him credit for.

Joker deserves the top spot. DS is one of the only villains who could be argued against him, but Joker is just a better showman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Darkseid sucks. His nothing more than a punching bag for Superman. Seriously, I've seen Superman use him as a welcome mat. Wonder Woman has held her own better against Clark than Darkseid has based on the red headed step child like beat down his received. The fabled Omega Beams? Lulz. Can anyone say Wonder Woman and heat vision?

Darkseid is the cosmic Rhino to the DCU. His more like Terrax than Thanos in terms of power. At the end of the day, his nothing more than a bioatch!

uhuh

steverules_2
Lex or Joker...not mags

jalek moye
DOOM

Kris Blaze
It's odd how people get so incredibly riled up about the Joker. By all rights Red Skull or Lex are much better villains. What was Trick's arguments again? That Joker enjoyed what he was doing? That's a proper laugh, that's what that is. The only thing he's accomplished so far is what, crippling Batgirl and temporarily leading to Jason Todd choosing to take his own life in order to save his mother only to return a couple of years later??

Maybe if he had actually managed to get Batman to take a life, instead of just being some guy who appears practically -every- time Batman has a scuffle with someone. I'm reading Invincible now, and Angstrom Levy and Conquest have impressed me more so far.

Red Skull managed to take care of Captain America, I bet he enjoyed that much more than the Joker enjoys a batkick every week :/

The Living Island and D'Ken also deserve mention. So does Corinthian smile

Alpha Centauri
Mr. Sinister could be number one if he was ever written properly and frequently.

-AC

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Darkseid sucks. His nothing more than a punching bag for Superman. Seriously, I've seen Superman use him as a welcome mat. Wonder Woman has held her own better against Clark than Darkseid has based on the red headed step child like beat down his received. The fabled Omega Beams? Lulz. Can anyone say Wonder Woman and heat vision?

Darkseid is the cosmic Rhino to the DCU. His more like Terrax than Thanos in terms of power. At the end of the day, his nothing more than a bioatch!

uhuh
It's not always about how strong the villain is.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Digi
IGN is to spark discussion, not to be completely right. there is no right or wrong regarding a list of who the best villains are anyways...only a list of who is perhaps most popular and least popular

Starscream M
1 - 6 on the list are indisputably the top tier villains of comics

after that, the list gets a little wonky for me. ra's al ghul and loki wouldnt be in top 10 for me personally.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
It's not always about how strong the villain is.

His still a bitoatch. uhuh

jalek moye

Red Skull managed to take care of Captain America,

thats what he thinks

Alpha Centauri
I don't think anyone who has done "good" can be considered a villain anymore.

Just an opponent.

-AC

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by jalek moye
thats what he thinks

Hehe, we'll have to wait and see. I personally think that Lex should possibly have gotten the victory.

It's funny to see hypocrites crying that Magneto should not win, yet have no qualms about CATWOMAN being on the list. Last time I checked Magneto's rallied troops to take over the free world, killed a LOT of people and so on.

Stealing diamonds, beating up criminals and playing with Batman just doesn't measure up.

Juntai
I'm a big fan of Lex too.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Just an opponent.

-AC

When Thanos destroyed the universe, he had accomplished good deeds on beforehand D:

So he's just an opponent?

Alpha Centauri
That was a major one off.

Magneto is closer to an anti-hero than he is a villain.

-AC

Galan007
magneto above characters like doom, joker, lex, vandal savage, darkseid, etc? that's just... meh.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Galan007
magneto above characters like doom, joker, lex, vandal savage, darkseid, etc? that's just... meh.

Common now, what has Joker done?

Philosophía
Paralyzed Barabara, tortured Gordon, killed Jason Todd, killed Sarah (Gordon's wife). Had Nightwing kill him for practically nothing only to be brought back , had Superman almost killing him by telling him that the only way to save Lois is to do so. Even Batman snapped and was about to kill him in Hush when it seemed like he killed Tommy Elliot.

And these are only from the top of my head. There is of course the Joker: Last Laugh and Emperor Joker crossovers but I don't feel those kind of stuff make him any justice, he is better when he is on a street-level. Read Detective Comics 826. Batman 663 (it's a prose story from Grant Morrison, pretty complex). And there are tons of other awesome stories with him.

Wei Phoenix

Just an opponent.

-AC

Juggernaut has done good from time to time but his evil deeds completely outweigh his good ones so is he an opponent despite his own brother saying that he is beyond redemption?

One or even a few good deeds won't cancel out your title as villain.

Kris Blaze

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Juggernaut has done good from time to time but his evil deeds completely outweigh his good ones so is he an opponent despite his own brother saying that he is beyond redemption?

One or even a few good deeds won't cancel out your title as villain.

To me, villainy implies evil.

Not thug-for-hire.

-AC

jalek moye

Not thug-for-hire.

-AC
almost all villians have done some good at some point

Wei Phoenix

Not thug-for-hire.

-AC

Cain is no thug for hire. He does work for money but he is still completely evil. Thugs don't go around slaughtering villages of men women and children because they refused to worship Cyttorak. If he was simply a mercenary then Madame Web would be dead.

psycho gundam
It's odd how people get so incredibly riled up about the Joker. By all rights Red Skull or Lex are much better villains. What was Trick's arguments again? That Joker enjoyed what he was doing? That's a proper laugh, that's what that is. The only thing he's accomplished so far is what, crippling Batgirl and temporarily leading to Jason Todd choosing to take his own life in order to save his mother only to return a couple of years later??

Maybe if he had actually managed to get Batman to take a life, instead of just being some guy who appears practically -every- time Batman has a scuffle with someone. I'm reading Invincible now, and Angstrom Levy and Conquest have impressed me more so far.

Red Skull managed to take care of Captain America, I bet he enjoyed that much more than the Joker enjoys a batkick every week :/

The Living Island and D'Ken also deserve mention. So does Corinthian smile thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Cain is no thug for hire. He does work for money but he is still completely evil. Thugs don't go around slaughtering villages of men women and children because they refused to worship Cyttorak. If he was simply a mercenary then Madame Web would be dead.

That's still essentially him acting in someone's stead, though.

Sinister is way more of a villain in the truest sense, he is the kind that will break you into a million pieces without touching you. He's a psychological villain, the kind that would have a quickened heartbeat at the sight of someone enduring the worst emotional pain possible.

Ask Summers.

-AC

Philosophía
See, it's just the killing joke which brings him any true justice.

Like I said earlier, Jason Todd was revived and CHOSE to die. He chose to cover up his mother and take the majority of the explosion. And I dare say that Batman's actions in Hush was NOT something we should give the Joker credit for, but rather Tommy himself seeing as he was the one who orchestraed the entire event.

Emperor Joker was not impressive considering he was practically GIVEN the power by Mxy. So in the end, his major accomplishments come down to taking care of Gordon's family and giving Batman hell.

The only thing Joker has going for him, in my opinion, seems to be personality and style. Everyone from 20 and down on IGN's list seem to have him beaten. Consider what Bullseye has done to Daredevil compared to Joker. Bullseye killed Elektra AND Karen Page. He has beaten Daredevil several times and had him ready to kill himself partial credit to Mysterio there, though he did not order any killing.

In the killing Joker he only paralyzed Barabara and tortured Gordon so it's not only the killing Joker that makes him justice. Like I said, read Detective Comics 826 where he takes Tim Drake for a ride or Batman 663 where he is explored more in depth. These 3 are possibly my favorite Joker stories. Or, like I already mentioned, him killing Sarrah, Gordon's wife. Or check Action Comics 719.

Most characters in comics have been revived, but that doesn't take from the impact Joker or Bullseye (since Elektra has been revived too) had over the Batman and Daredevil respectivly. Or now we're going to say Zoom sucks because Linda and the kids made it out alive eventually (and many more examples.). Jason didn't choose to die, he was beaten to near-death with a crowbar and then left to die, along with his mother. As you might notice, even if he didn't spend time trying to save his mother, the door was still locked so there was no way out. Hush was just to illustrate a point on how Batman almost snapped and killed the Joker while at the same time remembering what he did to Barbara and to Gordon, saying that this is the last straw.

As I said, the Emperor Joker or the Last Laugh storylines aren't exactly my favorite storylines involving the Joker, but that doesn't change the fact that in both stories (Emperor Joker especially) he owned close to everybody. In fact, during the EJ storyline he tortured Batman so badly, that Superman had to take his memories away with the help of the Spectre. And he obtained this power by tricking Mxy to give it all, despite the fact that the latter only wanted to give him a small fraction.

Honestly though,not only do you seem not to like the character very much but also judge him by 'surface' stuff (he did this, he did that, look this guy did more). And killing two of Daredevil's love interests doesn't even compare to what Joker did.

Kris Blaze

Neo Darkhalen
Joker should have been number 1 imo.

I know it's predictable to say that but ehh I really don't think there is any villain in the same league as the Joker.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Joker should have been number 1 imo.

I know it's predictable to say that but ehh I really don't think there is any villain in the same league as the Joker.

What league is the Joker supposedly in? What is it he does that is supposedly so impressive that Lex, or Loki or Doom or Ra's can't do?

Neo Darkhalen
What league is the Joker supposedly in? What is it he does that is supposedly so impressive that Lex, or Loki or Doom or Ra's can't do?

He's the perfect opposite to Batman, and he has different motivations to just doing things for the sake of doing them, all the way down to proving a point.

Is there any real point in describing it though, we all know what the joker stands for.

It's not what you can do, it's how you go about things or how you challange the heroes beliefs or ideals, for me Joker has a very wide personality that can be interprited so many different ways it keeps him constantly fresh.

As for Lex I dunno I'm suspicious of anyone who's whole motivation for being a villain is because you lost your hair in an accident Superman saved you from.

Kris Blaze
He's the perfect opposite to Batman, and he has different motivations to just doing things for the sake of doing them, all the way down to proving a point.

Is there any real point in discribing it though, we all know what the joker stands for.

Yeah, insanity. Lex is a perfect opposite of Superman and Loki is a perfect opposite of Thor.

Lex exists in every single human being. He is the part that makes us want to hate those who are different, shun them, alienate others. That part will always exist, Lex represents something in humanity that can never die.

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah, insanity. Lex is a perfect opposite of Superman and Loki is a perfect opposite of Thor.

Lex exists in every single human being. He is the part that makes us want to hate those who are different, shun them, alienate others. That part will always exist, Lex represents something in humanity that can never die.

Yeah Lex his hatred for losing his hair is something we can all really relate to.

As for the Joker it's not really insanity for the him as so much making a point, that he is not different from society he's just different and why should he be treated differently for his views he is a man who's been pushed to far and he wants to prove anyone can be him, perhaps so he can better connect with the world, but then like I said the Joker has tried to make many different points over countless stories and that was one example.

As for Lex well I can't really say much about him, he seems bland and I don't read Superman so I can't give any sort of opinion or notion on that regard.

I have no real idea where I was going with any of this btw, it's rather hot here right now and so I don't really have the energy to make any sort of points, I just wanted to quickly throw in my views that I belive the Joker to be the No. 1 villain.

Juntai
See, it's just the killing joke which brings him any true justice.

Like I said earlier, Jason Todd was revived and CHOSE to die. He chose to cover up his mother and take the majority of the explosion. And I dare say that Batman's actions in Hush was NOT something we should give the Joker credit for, but rather Tommy himself seeing as he was the one who orchestraed the entire event.

Emperor Joker was not impressive considering he was practically GIVEN the power by Mxy. So in the end, his major accomplishments come down to taking care of Gordon's family and giving Batman hell.

The only thing Joker has going for him, in my opinion, seems to be personality and style. Everyone from 20 and down on IGN's list seem to have him beaten. Consider what Bullseye has done to Daredevil compared to Joker. Bullseye killed Elektra AND Karen Page. He has beaten Daredevil several times and had him ready to kill himself partial credit to Mysterio there, though he did not order any killing. Alexander Luthor? Joker ended the Crisis. Bullseye done anything significant?

I believe he offed several characters in Salvation Run.

Joker has had Batman beaten several times too.

Moments like when he started cutting swathe through Gotham in No Man's Land, making that one group kill all their own guys, and then eventually kidnapping all the babies, then killing Sarah Gordon, is a good example of how terrifying Joker is.

He traded his soul to the devil for a box of cuban cigars and started passing them out.

Bullseye really doesn't stand up to Joker.

When bad guys really want to scare the hell out of each-other, they tell Joker stories. wink

Juntai
Yeah Lex his hatred for losing his hair is something we can all really relate to.

As for the Joker it's not really insanity for the him as so much making a point, that he is not different from society he's just different and why should he be treated differently for his views he is a man who's been pushed to far and he wants to prove anyone can be him, perhaps so he can better connect with the world, but then like I said the Joker has tried to make many different points over countless stories and that was one example.

As for Lex well I can't really say much about him, he seems bland and I don't read Superman so I can't give any sort of opinion or notion on that regard.

I have no real idea where I was going with any of this btw, it's rather hot here right now and so I don't really have the energy to make any sort of points, I just wanted to quickly throw in my views that I belive the Joker to be the No. 1 villain. Read Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, you'll love it. smile

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Juntai
Alexander Luthor? Joker ended the Crisis. Bullseye done anything significant?

I believe he offed several characters in Salvation Run.

Joker has had Batman beaten several times too.

Moments like when he started cutting swathe through Gotham in No Man's Land, making that one group kill all their own guys, and then eventually kidnapping all the babies, then killing Sarah Gordon, is a good example of how terrifying Joker is.

- Joker did not end anything. He and Lex found Alexander Luthor weakened. It was as much Lex' vengenace as it was the Joker's. You can't regonize a gift when you see it apparently.

- He killed Psimon or what's his name, and fought some guys I guess...

- Good. I was wrong if I claimed that Joker did not have any legit victories against Batman.

- I will read No Man's Land before I further comment on it. But Bullseye has a much better track record when it comes to killing people. He killed a church full of nuns.

Philosophía
What have you read involving the Joker ?

Honestly.

Kris Blaze

Philosophía
baka

What have you read involving Magneto?

Honestly.

Wow, works both ways.

You misunderstood me, I didn't mean for that to sound like an insult. I asked simply because you might have missed his best stories (like the No Man Land finale) and thus the whole 'Joker is the best' hype might have affected how you view the character negativly, thus you current view on him.

And I've read every story involving Magneto. uhuh

Kris Blaze

Philosophía
So you admit he is great character-wise but what you need is to see him do what.. something that affects the Bat-family in big ways ? Like I said, he paralyzed Barbara (Batgirl and Gordon's daughter), killed Jason by beating him with a crowbar and the blowing him up (Batman's protege, Robin), killed Gordon's wife and tormented him using pictures of his shot, naked daughter. Nightwing killed him from practically nothing, Superman almost killed him for nothing (he was willing to sacrifice his life just to ruin Superman's). Or you want something on a larger scale like he did in Joker: The Last Laugh ? Or something on pretty much, the biggest scale, like he did in Emperor Joker ? Because at this point, it seems you just hate him for the sake of it.

Juntai
- Joker did not end anything. He and Lex found Alexander Luthor weakened. It was as much Lex' vengenace as it was the Joker's. You can't regonize a gift when you see it apparently.

- He killed Psimon or what's his name, and fought some guys I guess...

- Good. I was wrong if I claimed that Joker did not have any legit victories against Batman.

- I will read No Man's Land before I further comment on it. But Bullseye has a much better track record when it comes to killing people. He killed a church full of nuns. I guess Joker wasn't the one who shot him with acid, melted his face, got him with the joy buzzer, then shot him in the head, then. That was all Lex.

Joker also beat Lex, and pushed the gorillas over the cliff, and held the entire establishment of villains in fear in Salvation run.

Juntai

Juntai

Kris Blaze

Juntai

Yeah, wow, you got me there. It's not like Lex couldn't have killed Alex. I mean, he was standing there watching and talking. I guess it would've been impossible for him to kill Alex, right? Because if the Joker had not pulled the trigger there, Alex would DEFINITELY have lived and made his revenge, right? RIGHT?

Oh and yes, he pushed Gorilla Grodd. Who returned an issue later. Some impressive shit right there.

Yeah, he was able to fish out a victory against Lex. Which is complete and utter bullshit. Lex is far more skilled.

Shut the **** up, Donnie, you're out of your element. It's a matter of WHO did it, not who COULD have. Get it?
You acted like Joker hasn't done anything, when it gets shown to you, you turn childish.

Besides Lex- Joker's also beaten Cassandra Cain in hand to hand combat, Barbara too, Dick too. Lex is more skilled? lol.

I'm never out of my element when we're discussing DC characters, especially when you're clearly the one out on a limb and getting defensive.

Also, you're misquoting.
"Forget it Donny, you're out of your element."
wink

Kris Blaze
It's a matter of WHO did it, not who COULD have. Get it?

Joker's also beaten Cassandra Cain in hand to hand combat, Barbara too, Dick too. Lex is more skilled? lol.

I'm never out of my element when we're discussing DC characters, especially when you're clearly the one out on a limb and getting defensive.

Also, you're misquoting. wink
"Forget it Donny, you're out of your element."

You're trying to claim that the Joker ended infinite crisis.... The stupidity of such a claim will come back to you. There's a reason why we don't just credit the Human Flame or don't just credit Dr.Light with killing the Martian Manhunter.

Allow me to reprhase then. "Killing Alexander Luthor is not impressive. It is less impressive than when Mannheim killed Mirage. It is less impressive than when Joker ran over people with his car. It is not impressive in the least" Clear enough?

You see the idiocy? He can't beat Cassandra Cain in hand to hand. She can read body language, she can not be beaten by regular humans. Doesn't matter how much bias clouds your mind, because that is not possible. Joker beating Nigthwing is possible, Joker took him on and hit him at least. Nightwing does not have superhuman abilities, he does not predict what his opponent does in combat. It IS POSSIBLE. Every time Cassandra loses against a regular human being however, it is nothing short of PIS.

How am I out of my element? I am saying WHY a character does not impress me. Anybody but me is out of their element here Steinberg. I don't give a flying **** how cool you think the Joker is. Or how impressed you are when he beats up one of Batman's joke of a sidekick, IT IS NOT ENOUGH. This does not make him the greatest villain in the world. We're also measuring him up against EVERY OTHER VILLAIN IN COMIC BOOK HISTORY.

Shut the **** up sounds better.

Juntai
You're trying to claim that the Joker ended infinite crisis.... The stupidity of such a claim will come back to you. There's a reason why we don't just credit the Human Flame or don't just credit Dr.Light with killing the Martian Manhunter.

Allow me to reprhase then. "Killing Alexander Luthor is not impressive. It is less impressive than when Mannheim killed Mirage. It is less impressive than when Joker ran over people with his car. It is not impressive in the least" Clear enough?

You see the idiocy? He can't beat Cassandra Cain in hand to hand. She can read body language, she can not be beaten by regular humans. Doesn't matter how much bias clouds your mind, because that is not possible. Joker beating Nigthwing is possible, Joker took him on and hit him at least. Nightwing does not have superhuman abilities, he does not predict what his opponent does in combat. It IS POSSIBLE. Every time Cassandra loses against a regular human being however, it is nothing short of PIS.

How am I out of my element? I am saying WHY a character does not impress me. Anybody but me is out of their element here Steinberg. I don't give a flying **** how cool you think the Joker is. Or how impressed you are when he beats up one of Batman's joke of a sidekick, IT IS NOT ENOUGH. This does not make him the greatest villain in the world. We're also measuring him up against EVERY OTHER VILLAIN IN COMIC BOOK HISTORY.

Shut the **** up sounds better. I never said you were out of your element, I was correcting your quote. Keep getting defensive though, it's funny.

I also don't recall saying I felt Joker was the best anywhere in here, keep assuming though.

Cassandra can't read Joker, his body language doesn't make sense. wink
I thought you've read all these arcs we're discussing here?

And, I just mentioned the Alexander thing, in tallying up some things Joker has done, that have a lasting impact. If you think hitting
in his car driving Robin around, is more impressive than killing Alexander Luthor in that regard, or that killing a church of nuns is more impressive than Joker putting Gotham on Lock in several stories, or nearly taking down Earth with him in last laugh, then I don't know what to say to you.

Kris Blaze
I never said you were out of your element, I was correcting your quote. Keep getting defensive though, it's funny.

I also don't recall saying I felt Joker was the best anywhere in here, keep assuming though, it goes good with the childish and defensive act.

Cassandra can't read Joker, his body language doesn't make sense. wink
I thought you've read all these arcs we're discussing here?

And, I just mentioned the Alexander thing, in tallying up some things Joker has done, that have a lasting impact. If you think hitting
in his car driving Robin around, is more impressive than killing Alexander Luthor in that regard, then I don't know what to say to you.

I'm not going to bother.

But for the record, when I said that I had read every arc involving the Joker. It was in response to Philosophia and the ones he had mentioned. If I missed one, big ****ing deal.

Here's a challenge for your stupid ass.

Try comparing Joker's personality and accomplishments to Lucifer's.

Juntai
I'm not going to bother.

But for the record, when I said that I had read every arc involving the Joker. It was in response to Philosophia and the ones he had mentioned. If I missed one, big ****ing deal.

Here's a challenge for your stupid ass.

Try comparing Joker's personality and accomplishments to Lucifer's. Lucifer, from Vertigo?
Good read, great character, I have all the individual issues bagged and boarded. smile

But as I said, I never claimed Joker was the best here, so I don't know what you're getting at.

Kris Blaze
Lucifer, from Vertigo?
Good read, great character, I have all the individual issues bagged and boarded. smile

But as I said, I never claimed Joker was the best here, so I don't know what you're getting at.

If you're going to jump into a discussion I'm having with Philosophia, then have the courtesy to actually join the ACTUAL TOPIC. If all you're going to bring are some poorly executed attempts at instignating me, then I suggest you simply stay out.

As I've told Philosophia several times, I am commenting the claims that Joker should have been number 1.

Juntai
If you're going to jump into a discussion I'm having with Philosophia, then have the courtesy to actually join the ACTUAL TOPIC. If all you're going to bring are some poorly executed attempts at instignating me, then I suggest you simply stay out.

As I've told Philosophia several times, I am commenting the claims that Joker should have been number 1. I jumped into the discussion and added commentary that was completely appropriate and relevant, citing issues and events that Joker has participated in and things he's accomplished.

I wasn't instigating you at all, you got childish in frustration on your own.

Kris Blaze
I jumped into the discussion and added commentary that was completely appropriate and relevant, citing issues and events that Joker has participated in and things he's accomplished.

I wasn't instigating you at all, you got childish in frustration on your own.

Please, don't try and play Quanchi's game. Mods are starting to catch up on that stuff, I suggest you apologize and back out.

Juntai
Please, don't try and play Quanchi's game. Mods are starting to catch up on that stuff, I suggest you apologize and back out. When you both told me to shut the **** up, and called me a stupid ass, and acted generally belligerent while I was discussing comics and events relevant to the topic. . .you think I should apologize?

Please.

The mods can see it for themselves.

But, I'll run along somewhere else for a while, you've already derailed this thread enough for me to not care.

Kris Blaze
When you both told me to shut the **** up, and called me a stupid ass, and acted generally belligerent while I was discussing comics and events relevant to the topic. . .you think I should apologize?

Please.

The mods can see it for themselves.

But, I'll run along somewhere else for a while, you've already derailed this thread enough for me to not care.

Seriously man, I've called you on your bullshit. I suggest you give it up now. Making up things, constantly calling me childish, twisting feats into something they are not and being overall condescending. Thin ice son, thin ice.

xJLxKing
I still think Lex, or Joker should be Number 1.

Kris Blaze
I still think Lex, or Joker should be Number 1.

Lex should be.

Joker deserves a spot in top 5, but he's not number 1 in my opinion.

xJLxKing
Lex should be.

Joker deserves a spot in top 5, but he's not number 1 in my opinion.
Yes, Lex like you said before, represents all humans. He is what were are if we let out jealousy, and other stuff get the best of us. He
He did things that were very big in scale. Besides that, he was always the opposite of Batman. Even in the movies, he did somethings that most people could only dream of. He is just that good.

Phantom Zone
It's a matter of WHO did it, not who COULD have. Get it?

Maybe im wrong but giving Joker the credit for killing Alex is taking the complete and utter 100% piss. I dont think theres really anything to understand you just seem to be trying to twist logic around to justify something which isnt a big deal at all.

Besides that, he was always the opposite of Batman. Even in the movies, he did somethings that most people could only dream of. He is just that good.

Well were talking about comics not movies. I think Joker is overated.

Juntai
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Maybe im wrong but giving Joker the credit for killing Alex is taking the complete and utter 100% piss. I dont think theres really anything to understand you just seem to be trying to twist logic around to justify something which isnt a big deal at all. He did kill Alex.

And, I mentioned the Alexander thing, in tallying up some things Joker has done, that have a lasting impact. If you think hitting
in his car driving Robin around, is more impressive than killing Alexander Luthor in that regard, or that killing a church of nuns is more impressive than Joker putting Gotham on Lock in several stories, or nearly taking down Earth with him in last laugh, then I don't know what to say to you.

Downplay it all you like, Joker got into a universe-spanning event, and killed the main bad-guy. smile
That's major, in and of itself.
Perfectly relatable to a thread like this, when you ask what types of things has a character done.

Juntai
Lex should be.

Joker deserves a spot in top 5, but he's not number 1 in my opinion. Originally posted by Juntai
I'm a big fan of Lex too. Back on page 2, when I saw you mention Lex. wink

Phantom Zone
He did kill Alex.

Ermm the point is that Lex could have done it himself. In fact both of them simply waited for him to be depowered and then waited for the right moment, its something that alot of other villains could have done. Your blowing things out of proportion.

That quote isnt really that relevant to me except the first line you seem to not understand how killing Alex is NOT a big deal at all. However hes not really more impressive than alot of other villains if were talkling about things hes done.

Juntai
Ermm the point is that Lex could have done it himself. In fact both of them simply waited for him to be depowered and then waited for the right moment, its something that alot of other villains could have done. Your blowing things out of proportion.

That quote isnt really that relevant to me except the first line you seem to not understand how killing Alex is NOT a big deal at all. However hes not really more impressive than alot of other villains if were talkling about things hes done. No, you're not understanding. I'll repeat- It's WHO did it, not would COULD have. Alexander Luthor, a major baddies story, ended in that alley with Joker. Sure, Black Adam could have slapped him into a piece of modern art with a casual backhand at that point, but it was Joker that accomplished it. It's not about power, it's about significance. Why do you think people are siding with guys like Lex and Joker at all? Their mark, their symbolism, and significance.

Depends on your viewpoint and context of impressive. Joker is an impressive villain. His mark on the world and the heros that inhabit it, physically and psychologically tell us so.

Philosophía
The Emperor Joker stuff didn't happen under his own power. Tricking an idiot into somehow mystically giving you MORE power than he wanted to, which should by all rigths be impossible. Those weren't exactly lasting changes either. He's harrassing Gordon, a ****ing police officer. What is so great about this? There are people in real life who can pull off this shit.

In fact, I was more impressed by Green Goblin's actions. His "A death in the family" portrayed Norman's insanity and the effect he had on Peter to a greater degree than the Joker. And hey, he killed Peter's girlfriend AND best friend. Not to mention the things he did to Gwen Stacy BEFORE any of these murderous events took place.

And he has only ALMOST driven them to murder. I realize that this might be more due to the limitation placed upon the writers. In the end, the death of Jason Todd only made Batman MORE firm in his belief not to kill anyone. "It would be too easy" practically revealed a much greater and deeper understanding that he did not possess before Jason died. Then again, this doesn't weigh against the Joker. Since he furthered character development.

In then end, I don't see what's impressive about almost convincing people to kill someone. Doomsday pulled this off in a single storyline. Lasting effect, Superman took a life, he offed a major character and beat a team of super-heros.

That bias seems to be messing up your perception too now. Supposedly I HATE the joker because I do not grant him top spot as a super villain? What the FUKC man? How can you even say that? You're so elitist that simply because I prefer a different character I hate the Joker? A thousand pardons for not buying into half-assed accomplishments and assistance from nigh-omnipotent characters.

This.. doesn't make any sense. You're ignoring what he did in Emperor Joker because what he did was with Mxy's powerset and not his ? Do you expect a street-level character like the Joker to one-shot Universes under his own power ? Or perhaps you want him to go on a 'Joker quest' in trying to gain an artifact of great power ? And there weren't any lasting changes because they took advantage of the loophole (Batman) and with the help of Spectre and Mxy everything was repaired. This, and Superman taking the traumatizing memories from Batman which concerned what happened during that period, with Bruce being repeatedly killed.

He went to the comissioner's house, shot his daughter, kidnapped him, stripped him naked and chained him, then took him for a ride and showed him pictures of his naked, bleeding, crying daughter just to drive him insane, to prove a point. And you're oversimplifying it by saying "there are people in real life who would do this shit".

"In then end, I don't see what's impressive about almost convincing people to kill someone." Jesus. It's not just any guy, it's Batman, and the point is that he has produced so much damage to Batman's life that he was ready to kill him when he found out that he killed another person from his life. Batman, who is probably the most strict superhero when it comes to taking a life.

You admited that he is great character wise. It has been proven that not only does he have great acomplishments on a street/personal level, but on a global (Joker: The Last Laugh) and even DCU-level (Emperor Joker). You acknowledge them or not, it's the same thing to me. He is a great villain and in my, and many people's view, the greatest. It's a matter of taste and honestly, I've got better things to do than to convince you that Joker is better than other villains, which can't happen anyway since you already made up your mind.

Juntai
It's completely up to opinion anyways. People gravitate towards whoever they personally connect with on some level, and I don't think debating will really change any of that.
That's why I was merely countering points, rather than offering up my own favorite character for presentation and try to debate to make people feel they should like him the most too.

willRules
Interesting villain discussion.......

http://revision3.com/ifanboy/comicbookvillains

TricksterPriest
Also, as I stated way back on page 1, MAGNETO IS NOT A PURE VILLAIN. He's a well intentioned extremist. His "evil" is entirely debatable. At times, he's even switched to being a good guy or repenting his acts.

Hence, why someone like Lex, Joker, Darkseid, Sinestro, Red Skull, or even Green Goblin is a superior pick.

Lucifer is NOT a villain.

Digi
Juntai and Kris, you're both going to have to cool it. Anything further from either of you will result in a warning.

I also don't appreciate the backseat moderating, telling other what they should and shouldn't be posting, or making demands. This is in addition to the curses and insults, and is just as punishable.

And Kris, he disagreed with you and wasn't trying to be friendly, but neither were his comments an insult. You were the first to resort to swearing and insults. You're going to have to learn to take the high road in such situations, and be able to make the distinction between disagreement and an attack. That doesn't mean he didn't antagonize you once it started, which is why you're both being warned, but it certainly wouldn't have escalated without your reaction.

If you have further concerns, PM me. Any post in response to this in this thread will be treated harshly.

Kris Blaze

Allankles
Well were talking about comics not movies. I think Joker is overated.

It's fair to say that in the comics for the most part Joker has become tame. He's become too familiar, but at his core he's a top 10 comic book villain.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Allankles
It's fair to say that in the comics for the most part Joker has become tame. He's become too familiar, but at his core he's a top 10 comic book villain.

My sentiments exactly.

But like, Doomsday is the only one who I can really see why people fear.

xJLxKing
I like what the writer wrote about DD. I didn't like the place he was put in, but I can live with it. He did kill Superman, but after that..nothing major.

Phantom Zone
No, you're not understanding. I'll repeat- It's WHO did it, not would COULD have. Alexander Luthor, a major baddies story, ended in that alley with Joker. Sure, Black Adam could have slapped him into a piece of modern art with a casual backhand at that point, but it was Joker that accomplished it. It's not about power, it's about significance. Why do you think people are siding with guys like Lex and Joker at all? Their mark, their symbolism, and significance.

Depends on your viewpoint and context of impressive. Joker is an impressive villain. His mark on the world and the heros that inhabit it, physically and psychologically tell us so.

I just get the impression that you want to give certain super villains props for doing nothing, if Joker picked his nose you would find some way of making a big deal about it. Thats up to you of course.

Raoul
That's still essentially him acting in someone's stead, though.

Sinister is way more of a villain in the truest sense, he is the kind that will break you into a million pieces without touching you. He's a psychological villain, the kind that would have a quickened heartbeat at the sight of someone enduring the worst emotional pain possible.

Ask Summers.

-AC

cry

you b*stard.

eh, joker for me is still the #1 villain in comics. i think it just depends on the kind of criteria people are using for the poll (which, like all IGN polls, tend to be shite). some people are going to think joker should be #1 based on some criteria, and in truth, he isnt #1 based on others.

psycho gundam
it's best villain, not most villainous.

joker's like the boogey man, he does stuff for the lulz.

magneto is driven by ideology, it's not a selfish obsession that motivates him or one that creates personal gain, he just goes to the deep end since to him civility between human and mutants is impossible.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Joker deserves the top spot. DS is one of the only villains who could be argued against him I lol'd

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by psycho gundam

magneto is driven by ideology, it's not a selfish obsession that motivates him or one that creates personal gain, he just goes to the deep end since to him civility between human and mutants is impossible.

Superman had dreams about Doomsday....

Alpha Centauri

The Joker is more scary than Sinister?

Yeah, because a man with a white face, red eyes, sharp teeth and a penchant for mutilating and experimenting on kidnapped homeless people isn't anywhere near as frightening. Not as much as a man who gets lucky because his nemesis is too much of a p*ssy to realise that committing ONE act against his "moral" code would save lives and time, and opts to put him in a prison so escapable it may as well have a revolving f*cking door.

Totally.

-AC

Raoul
Superman had dreams about Doomsday....

he also had dreams about wonder woman.

TheOneFirestorm
Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) should be in the top 5.

To begin with this is the same minacious malignant deplorable demon that ended the Silver Age by murduring Gwen Stacy, not to mention the things he did with her before that. Add in running the show and Avengers in the Marvel Universe without any use of an election. He made Iron Man the most hated man in the Marvel Universe, is purposely trying to tarnish Spider Man, and other marvel super heroes by sending out impersonaters. He's deplorable trash that continues to top himself on the last infernal thing he did.

Phantom Zone

Yeah, because a man with a white face, red eyes, sharp teeth and a penchant for mutilating and experimenting on kidnapped homeless people isn't anywhere near as frightening. Not as much as a man who gets lucky because his nemesis is too much of a p*ssy to realise that committing ONE act against his "moral" code would save lives and time, and opts to put him in a prison so escapable it may as well have a revolving f*cking door.

Totally.

-AC

Cof*kingsign thumb up

Warlord
Doom for no1

comicfan11
Galactus shouldn't be on the list.
He is not a villain.
So either Osborn or DS could take his place.

For the top I think Joker should be no1, but that's personal taste.
Anyone from the top for could also be no1 IMO.

Thanos could be between 40-35 I think.

And the absence of Black Manta just makes this list seem less and less serious.
Although it's still way better than the one Wizard had published.

TheOneFirestorm
Mr.Sinister is far more malignant than the Joker. He seems like a depraved grim version of Darwin, and is far more shrewd than Dr.House at antagonizing people without the use of physical attacks.

Yes I agree Galactus is not a super villain. He's a force of nature the same as a Tornado, Hurricane, Blizzard. He has been classified as a super villain because he's tried to consume the earth, and he's been written as one.

I don't understand how Catwoman beat out Green Goblin (Norman Osborne). Sure she has the interesting quality that she only plays by her own rules but it's not like Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) doesn't do that either. Overall I think that Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) should be in the top 5.

A shame Jason Wynn didn't make the list. He's responsible for Al Simmons becoming Spawn, represents the big problem of government corruption, and seems very grounded the same as Kingpin.

Alpha Centauri
Osborn is DEFINITELY one of the best villains of recent times.

Look at all he's achieved.

I mean, granted Doom has his own country and is infinitely more badass, but when Doom has more to gain from Osborn than Osborn has to gain from Doom, you know Osborn's a high roller.

-AC

King Kandy
Their article on Thanos was completely pathetic as they ignored all his character development since the cosmic cube arc and treated him like he was just the psycho conqueror he was then.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by King Kandy
Their article on Thanos was completely pathetic as they ignored all his character development since the cosmic cube arc and treated him like he was just the psycho conqueror he was then.

Maybe they just thought of him as this guy is a poor man's version of Darksied, or they hated his character development.

Norman accomplished in recent years what he's been wanting for years. Which is a large portion of power. He's a magnate, and has most of the Marvel Universe fooled through manipulating a huge event in a War. That is one titanic impressive feat.

I also have to say Red Skull should have made top 10. He did what Luthor, and Joker failed to do. Not only did he beat his archenemy, he did it in a horrendous way. He's so deplorable that even the vile heinous Joker refused to work with him. He's manage to apall even Magneto, plus Dr.Doom because he was responsible for the extermination of a large portion of their races. There was also some claim made by him that he's above the Nazis. Then the whole thing about his daughter just because she's a female.

Amazed the Darkness didn't make the list. What is so interesting him is that even though he doesn't have a problem being a malicious demon he still has his morals. Add in what dark thing would he create next.

manjaro
guys like thanos and Darskeid are beyond the concepts of good and evil...so is Galactus so those guys shouldnt even be on the list per se. IMO its hard to rank the Joker cuz he knows that worse come to worse all he'll get is a broken jaw and some bruised ribs, so he can go to Arkham Bath and Spa and recover so he can escape and do it all over again...to me its obvious that he's not so much "evil" as he is psychotic, he just wants to see how much he can get away with before bats finally decides to kill him...so i would put him further down on the list.

believe it or not, i would put doom further down also...cuz from all ive seen from reading comics its just one failed master plan after the other. and the few times he has actually done something meaningful it didnt affect anything at large other than himself...its the eqivalent of the dumb jock who sits in the back of the class hurling spitballs at the geek in the front row...except the jock is not so dumb..all of his plans revovle around f ****ing up the day of some stretchy guy and his family....lame!!!!

HueyFreeman
Sabertooth should be much closer than the 40s and 50s range.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by manjaro
guys like thanos and Darskeid are beyond the concepts of good and evil...so is Galactus so those guys shouldnt even be on the list per se. IMO its hard to rank the Joker cuz he knows that worse come to worse all he'll get is a broken jaw and some bruised ribs, so he can go to Arkham Bath and Spa and recover so he can escape and do it all over again...to me its obvious that he's not so much "evil" as he is psychotic, he just wants to see how much he can get away with before bats finally decides to kill him...so i would put him further down on the list.

believe it or not, i would put doom further down also...cuz from all ive seen from reading comics its just one failed master plan after the other. and the few times he has actually done something meaningful it didnt affect anything at large other than himself...its the eqivalent of the dumb jock who sits in the back of the class hurling spitballs at the geek in the front row...except the jock is not so dumb..all of his plans revovle around f ****ing up the day of some stretchy guy and his family....lame!!!!

I don't see how Darkseid is beyond the concept of good and evil. He knows he's evil, and loves it.

Ok so Joker is the piece of trash that enjoys the drama of making Batman look like a fool since he just keeps putting him in a pitiful excuese for a asylum.

So it's fair to say Dr.Doom is the Yankees of super villains. All that talent yet he keeps failing because he's far to egotistical, and arrogant to think being overconfident, and arrogant is the problem in failing to win. Seems like he could do a truely a heinous malignant act by thinking of a way to disfiguring Human Torch, Mr.Fantastic , and Invisible Woman.

manjaro
DS is beyond the concept, at least IMO motivation-wise. "Evil" is not a lot in life or station he has accepted, and just fulfilling some predestined role. Looking at an objective POV all the things he's done is to achieve total order and unity in the known universe...all the lives he has crushed has been of beings that are both literally and figuratively beneath him. the same way i might break out a can of spray when i see a trail of ants in my kitchen...i dont blast them and go MWHA-HA-HA-HA afterwards..actually some times i do that, but still the point is , he's not the desiganted all father of "evil" the way Loki is the god of mischief, or Tho is the god of lightening..but then again maybe he is, cuz Orion is the New God of War....ok..ok lets start from scratch IMO his goals and action havent been spurred on by abject evil

Kris Blaze
So Surtur isn't evil, because he's powerful?

Allankles
DS is beyond the concept, at least IMO motivation-wise. "Evil" is not a lot in life or station he has accepted, and just fulfilling some predestined role. Looking at an objective POV all the things he's done is to achieve total order and unity in the known universe...all the lives he has crushed has been of beings that are both literally and figuratively beneath him. the same way i might break out a can of spray when i see a trail of ants in my kitchen...i dont blast them and go MWHA-HA-HA-HA afterwards..actually some times i do that, but still the point is , he's not the desiganted all father of "evil" the way Loki is the god of mischief, or Tho is the god of lightening..but then again maybe he is, cuz Orion is the New God of War....ok..ok lets start from scratch IMO his goals and action havent been spurred on by abject evil

You're right on one count, DS doesn't do stuff because he thinks they are evil.

But he does recognize that in achieving his goals he becomes evil, seeing that he wants to grind the universe into paste and then rebuild it according to his own idea of perfection.

He's acknowledged as much.

Phantom Zone

Theres no point in pointing out that villains lose, they are written to lose eventually....duh.

What villains dont have a failed master plan? How many times has Lex and Ras failed? Hell even Thanos has failed lots of times. baka

manjaro
true but none have failed more lamer than Doom. Especially for a guy at his lvl..check it, a dude with near unparalleled scientific acumen who is smart enuff to believe in magic and accept that it is not just another exotic form of energy, yet the bulk of his activities surround making Reed's life a living hell, and to ultimately have the world acknowledge that Doom is the smartest one there is. at least guys like Rhino, Sandman and vulture are always robbing banks, jewelry stroes, and museums before Spiderman shows up to f **** them up, so thier hatred for is understandable at least on that lvl...Doom's hatred for Reed grows further still cuz he always end humiliated after one of his lame brain plots fail. In other words, for a guy of Doom's caliber his master plans shoudnlt be on the same pedestrian levels like guys such as Doc Ock, and the Frightful Four

Allankles
Sometimes I think it's hard for Doom to be a hands-off manipulator like Luthor because he insists on wearing that suit that's a red flag for anyone he works with.

But he's cool, he works best as a mad scientist type.

Kris Blaze
true but none have failed more lamer than Doom. Especially for a guy at his lvl..check it, a dude with near unparalleled scientific acumen who is smart enuff to believe in magic and accept that it is not just another exotic form of energy, yet the bulk of his activities surround making Reed's life a living hell, and to ultimately have the world acknowledge that Doom is the smartest one there is. at least guys like Rhino, Sandman and vulture are always robbing banks, jewelry stroes, and museums before Spiderman shows up to f **** them up, so thier hatred for is understandable at least on that lvl...Doom's hatred for Reed grows further still cuz he always end humiliated after one of his lame brain plots fail. In other words, for a guy of Doom's caliber his master plans shoudnlt be on the same pedestrian levels like guys such as Doc Ock, and the Frightful Four

The hell are you talking about? no expression

What Doom stories have you actually read?

manjaro
The hell are you talking about? no expression

What Doom stories have you actually read?

ok your veiled attempt at an insult aside, i'll just give you one notable example. a story arc entitled Fantastic Four: 1234. In it Doom has a device that can re-write reality. and instead you know, immediately imposing his will on the world and be done with it, what does he do? spend a few days if not weeks mind f ****ing the FF. First he makes Thing engage his Emo mode and start doubting himself and his freinds and the whole, yearning to be normal, and why hasnt Reed tryed to fix me feelings reared its ugly head once again. he has Johhny and Sue yell and scream at each over the simplest things like a bunch of spoiled brats, and of course has Reed look like a jerkbag who just wants to spend time in his lab and not with his family, especially his wife who feels rejected. all in a lame attempt to break up the team.

Only to find out that Reed felt the subtle changes in his own personality and was aware of the fact that he was doing and saying things he normally wouldnt. thereby coming to the conclusion that he was being manipulated, then it wasnt a leap for him figure out it was none other than Doom. so the whole time he locked himself in his lab he was building a similar device not having seen the one Doom had, then both of them had this massive reality warping Chess match. and instead sending fire on brimstone on the Baxter Building to get rid of his main foe, he sends a *gasp* giant Doombot. that stinks of something the leader would do. after all that master planning he got beaten at his own game....lamely......and i know this is the part where ppl are gonna say that villains are always meant to lose, but high caliber ones shouldnt have to lose so foolishlly

TheOneFirestorm
I'm amazed Bizzaro made the list because he seems to be written more as a nusciance dolt than a minacious miscreant.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Allankles
Sometimes I think it's hard for Doom to be a hands-off manipulator like Luthor because he insists on wearing that suit that's a red flag for anyone he works with.

But he's cool, he works best as a mad scientist type.

The thing is, his master plans don't go into things like politics(or at least American politics) or even conspiracies. He finds new ways to harness power, unleash Hell, and so on.

Any ways, I found IGN's list to be flat out terrible. There are some villain descriptions where they give absolutely no reason to why the villains is as high ranked as they are.

Bad Ash231

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Anarky-mini2-14.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/Anarky-mini2-15.jpg

Phantom Zone
No offence but....owned.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Bad Ash231

Who's the man talking to Darkseid?

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Who's the man talking to Darkseid?

Anarky.

TheOneFirestorm
Amazed Black Queen (Selene didn't make it. She has no problem stealing life force from other people to keep her outer beuaty. On the outside she's gorgeous but on the inside she's grim, and hideous.

manjaro
Originally posted by Bad Ash231

well in my opinion he's still waaaay more than just some evil guy. thats why i said that he is beyond the concept of good and evil. he even said it in a few of those panels that "good and evil are only relative." cuz after all one man's vilain is another man's hero.

admittedly i might have to revise my thoughts about his lot in life and his predestined role in the universe. cuz i remeber that he is one of those cosmic consonance beings like Galactus..as evidenced when the Spectre slaughtered him like a small woodland creature and the Source brought him back to life. cuz turns out his purpose is to balance out all the positive vibes in the universe.

now since he said it out of his own mouth its hard to argue with, and im not gonna do the standard fanboy thing and say that whoever wrote that dont know what the hell thier talking aboutbig grin, but the only thing i can say is that he may just enjoy doing evil things

-Pr-
Amazed Black Queen (Selene didn't make it. She has no problem stealing life force from other people to keep her outer beuaty. On the outside she's gorgeous but on the inside she's grim, and hideous.

i was about to say "well, she is a woman" but that's a road i'm not taking...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by -Pr-
i was about to say "well, she is a woman" but that's a road i'm not taking...

Bada broke your heart again? facepalm

-Pr-
Bada broke your heart again? facepalm

don't pretend you don't wish it was you... uhuh

psycho gundam

Totally.

-AC i don't really know why this is relevant to what i posted, but i do want to elaborate on sinister's character.

even before he gained his powers, he was a darwinist surgeon/human biologist from the 1800's whose reputation as a godless monster of science caused regular lynch mobs and laboratory raids, all because of his desire to learn what caused the malformations and death of his newborn son.

of coarse this reputation garnered the attention of apocalypse and later his ascenssion into a real deal monster, in the image of what the people thought of him and using the moniker they gave him: sinister.

his name and appearance are due to 1800 religious townspeople's perceptions of what he should look like based on rumor and hearsay; a bat or vampire that takes people away in the night and feats on them.

TheOneFirestorm
i don't really know why this is relevant to what i posted, but i do want to elaborate on sinister's character.

even before he gained his powers, he was a darwinist surgeon/human biologist from the 1800's whose reputation as a godless monster of science caused regular lynch mobs and laboratory raids, all because of his desire to learn what caused the malformations and death of his newborn son.

of coarse this reputation garnered the attention of apocalypse and later his ascenssion into a real deal monster, in the image of what the people thought of him and using the moniker they gave him: sinister.

his name and appearance are due to 1800 religious townspeople's perceptions of what he should look like based on rumor and hearsay; a bat or vampire that takes people away in the night and feats on them.

Sounds like he's as twisted, and vile as Viggo the Unholy from Ghost Busters 2.

-Pr-
Sounds like he's as twisted, and vile as Viggo the Unholy from Ghost Busters 2.

Sinister's worse.

TheOneFirestorm
Sinister's worse.

Yes I agree.

WickedDynamite
I been avoding this list ever since I read it months ago. It's a stupid list pull by the idiots writers @ IGN who masturbate to anything that Marvel publishes. IGN should stick to video gaming...Oh, no! wait! they can't even get fair reviews in that department...nvm.

IGN just wants to be the geeky image of MAXIM magazine.

Flush this list down the shitter.

willRules
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I been avoding this list ever since I read it months ago. It's a stupid list pull by the idiots writers @ IGN who masturbate to anything that Marvel publishes. IGN should stick to video gaming...Oh, no! wait! they can't even get fair reviews in that department...nvm.

Flush this list down the shitter.

So you're saying they're bias? Who isn't? laughing

TheOneFirestorm
Sinister's worse.

I think it was from a top 10 list from Marvel that he was described Mr.Sinister as a twisted version of Darwin.

I'm happy that Joker is not number one it's boring to always have him as number one.

How did Trigon not make this list?

What I don't understand the might have to reconisder after Dark Reign where Norman Osborn deserves to be placed on the list.

Digi
I think it was from a top 10 list from Marvel that he was described Mr.Sinister as a twisted version of Darwin.

I'm happy that Joker is not number one it's boring to always have him as number one.

What I don't understand the might have to reconisder after Dark Reign where Norman Osborn deserves to be placed on the list.

This thread is from '09. IGN lists are made to encourage discussions...they're not definitive, and are somewhat arbitrary. That should answer your gripes.

abhilegend

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lex>Doom. All is as it should be.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Doomserious.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by WickedDynamite

Flush this list down the shitter. You're blatantly biased against marvel. No one cares when you cry about someone else being biased. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Doomserious.gif Did abhi honestly claim Lex is better than Doom. Hahahahaha. Love that edited it in shame.

Digi
Originally posted by quanchi112
You're blatantly biased against marvel. No one cares when you cry about someone else being biased.

That's from '09. WD hasn't been around for years.

Damborgson
wtf is Ras doing in the top 10? More importantly why is he infront of Loki -_-?

TheOneFirestorm
It's pretty damn laughable Galactus is on this list when Mr.Fantastic outright said he's a Force of Nature.

Also it's extremely dumb how it's brought up reconsidering where to put Norman Osborn after Dark Reign because they can't alter the list.

Digi
2009:
Green Goblin (Norman Osborne) should be in the top 5.

To begin with this is the same minacious malignant deplorable demon that ended the Silver Age by murduring Gwen Stacy, not to mention the things he did with her before that. Add in running the show and Avengers in the Marvel Universe without any use of an election. He made Iron Man the most hated man in the Marvel Universe, is purposely trying to tarnish Spider Man, and other marvel super heroes by sending out impersonaters. He's deplorable trash that continues to top himself on the last infernal thing he did.

2012:

2018:
It's pretty damn laughable Galactus is on this list when Mr.Fantastic outright said he's a Force of Nature.

Also it's extremely dumb how it's brought up reconsidering where to put Norman Osborn after Dark Reign because they can't alter the list.

I'm putting odds at 5/1 that TheOneFirestorm is still salty about this list in 2024. 16/1 in 2030.

leonidas
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.