Mutant Levels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omgu8mynewt
Ok, so I read a lot about the mutant levels but I dont understand them...

What are they called and can you please give some examples of mutants at each level and what is the difference between levels

Soz if a repeat thread, I had a look and couldn't find an answer to my questions but this forum is HUGE

Silke
Professor Xavier: "You did of course, request that she define the levels of mutation."

Emma Frost: "That's beside the point. You know full well the girl disrupts my class with her attention seeking nuisances. Now I can't even grade her papers without hearing her voice grinding my nerves through the page. Charles, she insists on her pithy doodles and scribblings so much that I can barely read what she's supposed to have written."

Professor Xavier: "I don't know, I think it's a rather splendid description of mutation as we understand it. Perhaps we should use Jubilation's explanation as a standard."

Emma Frost: "You can't be serious..."

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/Eccentrick/MutationLevels.jpg

Omgu8mynewt
Whats the difference between Alpha and Omega?

Also curious, what is Wolverines problem that stops him being Alpha? Magneto?

Im guessing Zeta mutants is something Jubilee made up right?

Lotsa questions smile

Venomancer
Bucket head I'm not sure why.But do we want Wolvie to be one.He already gets to much air time.

KingD19
1. Alphas are powerful, Omegas have unlimited potential, Alphas don't.
2. Wolverine's healing factor and the fact that he looks feral makes him beta.
3. Zetas are real.

hugekent
It'd be pretty cool to get some sort of conformation in the comics of levels everyone's at. I think the confirmed Omegas have been named, but other than that it's mostly just trying to fit everyone to their most suited group.

KingD19
Check it.

Alpha List - http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Alpha_Level_Mutants

Beta List - http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Beta_Level_Mutants

Gamma List - http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Gamma_Level_Mutants

Delta List - http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category: Delta_Level_Mutants

Mshinu
There is also an Omega list. Not sure if it is accurate tho

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Omega_Level_Mutants

Also the classifications are discussed here (scroll down a bit). Similar to what Jubilee wrote

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Homo_Superior

KingD19
Yeah, it's right.

peejayd
Originally posted by KingD19
Check it.

Alpha List - http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Alpha_Level_Mutants

Beta List - http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Beta_Level_Mutants

Gamma List - http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Gamma_Level_Mutants

Delta List - http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category: Delta_Level_Mutants

* i've read somewhere that Cyclops was an Alpha-level mutant... here, he is Beta... which is which? confused

Raoul
Originally posted by peejayd
* i've read somewhere that Cyclops was an Alpha-level mutant... here, he is Beta... which is which? confused

he's alpha.

wannabe
I guess it's just a misake. They probably thought "oh, Scott can't control his eye beams, so he must be beta", forgetting that his lack of control is not genetically determined, but a result of an accident. So actually Scott would be an alpha level mutant.

KingD19
^That. Cyclops is Alpha, but they consider him beta because of his self imposed power block.

hugekent
Thanks for that guys.

Battlehammer
Wolverine an Alpha not a beta not sure were the misconception came that he a beta, but it wrong.

Mshinu
Why would Wolvie be an Alpha? His mutation has some serious drawbacks.

KingD19
Actually, Logan is a beta. The fact that his power is constantly on, he looks feral, he goes into a beserker range, etc.... Yeah, he's beta.

wannabe
Logan's clearly a beta.
Besides his feral look and instincts his claws are keep damaging him again and again, so ...

Battlehammer
No he an alpha, the term was created and used most frequently in AOA which he was stated numerous times as an alpha mutant. He is an alpha, he never in any time line been classified as anything put Alpha. Actaully almost all the x-men are alpha save one or two

Battlehammer
he an alpha like wolverine

KingD19
No, Logan is Beta buddy. And many X-Men are beta or lower, with Alpha's being rarer than the other levels.

Mshinu
An Alpha would not live in constant pain because of his mutation, suffer memory loss and turn beastial without adamantium halting its progress.

wannabe
Originally posted by Battlehammer
No he an alpha, the term was created and used most frequently in AOA which he was stated numerous times as an alpha mutant. He is an alpha, he never in any time line been classified as anything put Alpha. Actaully almost all the x-men are alpha save one or two
Not according to the latest definition of the respective levels.
Does it really matter to you whether Logan is classified as alpha or beta? I mean, it doesn't really downgrade Wolverine, since alpha, beta and gamma level have all powerful abilities. They are just differentiated by the existence of no, minor or major drawbacks, and many of the X-Men, including Logan, do have some drawbacks to their mutation.

hugekent
And how is Cyclops an Alpha? I'd say having to wear glasses 24/7 is a fairly major drawback.

KingD19
Because he doesn't have to wear the glasses, when he got hurt during the crash, he put mental blocks in place, they can be removed at any time, and if they were, and his true potential was realized, he would be legendary. The reason he's Alpha is because if the plane didn't crash, then he would be more powerful. When someone else used his power, he easily put out 2 gigawatts with no effort.

wannabe
Originally posted by hugekent
And how is Cyclops an Alpha? I'd say having to wear glasses 24/7 is a fairly major drawback.
I short: The drawback is not part of Scott's mutation, just as having been quadriplegic was a drawback for Charles, but hasn't been part of his mutation, and is thus not taken into account determining the mutant level.

Omgu8mynewt
What would Apocalypse be? The highest level is Omega, but he says something like 'im as far above mutants as they are above humans' and he seems to be streets ahead of most og the other omega levelers

KingD19
He's actually Alpha, it's just his immortality that makes him so far above, and his celestial tech.

Battlehammer
Logan been directly state through out aoa as an alpha not sure how your wiki list has precedences over on pannel evidences, I also find it funny you all say I am wrong when i am going by stated facts..

KingD19
Yeah, he might have been Alpha in AoA, but in 616, he's Beta.

hugekent
Logan been directly state through out aoa as an alpha not sure how your wiki list has precedences over on pannel evidences, I also find it funny you all say I am wrong when i am going by stated facts.. Going on the definitions, he's quite clearly a Beta, no matter what was stated on panel.

Mshinu
Concidering how beastial Logan was getting without the adamantium, it could be argued that he is Gamma even.

Battlehammer
Yeah, he might have been Alpha in AoA, but in 616, he's Beta.
But ther eno evidences that stated he ever been beta ;evel in 616 and a0a version in the same as 616 logan asside from the bondage proccess of the adamatium.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by hugekent
Going on the definitions, he's quite clearly a Beta, no matter what was stated on panel.

yea becaauses wiki definitions are >> comic evidences roll eyes (sarcastic)

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mshinu
Concidering how beastial Logan was getting without the adamantium, it could be argued that he is Gamma even.

His beastial side is not from his mutation it from being a lupin, nor is it even a down side.

KingD19
Considering he's a feral sub species of human, that alone is enough to make him beta.

Battlehammer
Considering he's a feral sub species of human, that alone is enough to make him beta.
how? he not human he compeltely different species he evolved from canines. How does comign from a different species make you a lower classification?

also comic statements say he alpha, only thing that says he not is wiki which is far from cannon or even a good sources or anything closes to primary source.

jalek moye
how? he not human he compeltely different species he evolved from canines. How does comign from a different species make you a lower classification, you know how dumb that sounds?
where was it stated that he isn't a type of human at all?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jalek moye
where was it stated that he isn't a type of human at all?

It was revealed he a lupin mutant, he comes from the lupin race which is seperate from the human race.

jalek moye
It was revealed he a lupin mutant, he comes from the lupin race which is seperate from the human race.
when?

and are you sure he isn't atleast part human? werent his parents and brother human?

and why the hell does marvel consider him a mutant if hes not even human

Battlehammer
Originally posted by jalek moye
when?

and are you sure he isn't atleast part human? werent his parents and brother human?

and why the hell does marvel consider him a mutant if hes not even human
that explained it during wolverine run were he killed sabre-tooth

He is a mutant he just a mutant of the race of lupins which romulas was the first of the kind.

peejayd
* i think, mr.battlehammer here was stating the defunct origin of Wolverine where he was once considered as a literal wolverine animal who evolved into a human... which was before he was branded as a mutant...

* an excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)/

Battlehammer
* i think, mr.battlehammer here was stating the defunct origin of Wolverine where he was once considered as a literal wolverine animal who evolved into a human... which was before he was branded as a mutant...

* an excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)/
nope I wasent. I am talking about the issue leading up to the death of sabre-tooth through out the arc you find out that they are both part of the lupin race. also why would I state romulas if I was talking about an idea that took place 20 years ago and was never used.

Battlehammer
also wolverines arnt canines.

Mshinu
Lupine or not his mutation still has drewbacks which makes him a non-Alpha. The healing factor "heals" his mind giving him memory loss. The claws causes him constant pain (or are they a lupine trait too?)
In short, he is flawed. So are humans too ofc, but not because of x-gene mutation.

Why this desperate need to see Wolvie rated as an Alpha? Hope to see him revealed as Omega some day?

peejayd
nope I wasent. I am talking about the issue leading up to the death of sabre-tooth through out the arc you find out that they are both part of the lupin race. also why would I state romulas if I was talking about an idea that took place 20 years ago and was never used.

* well, i haven't heard that yet...

* it was already stated that Wolverine is a Beta-level mutant, from Jubilee herself... in 616 universe...

* you see, Beta or not, Wolverine already enjoys enough popularity in the Marvel universe so this is really no big deal... it's not against him but it's just an assessment of his genetic mutation level or sort of...

Battlehammer
* well, i haven't heard that yet...

* it was already stated that Wolverine is a Beta-level mutant, from Jubilee herself... in 616 universe...

* you see, Beta or not, Wolverine already enjoys enough popularity in the Marvel universe so this is really no big deal... it's not against him but it's just an assessment of his genetic mutation level or sort of...
this is not 616 that not even froma comic story line.

No wolverine is not he an alpha which has been stated numerous times

thats becauses you dont read wolverine comics

Battlehammer
Lupine or not his mutation still has drewbacks which makes him a non-Alpha. The healing factor "heals" his mind giving him memory loss. The claws causes him constant pain (or are they a lupine trait too?)

No actaully his memory loses is dirrectly from mind wipes and form xavier which was stated on pannel. try again.

short, he is flawed. So are humans too ofc, but not because of x-gene mutation.

Why this desperate need to see Wolvie rated as an Alpha? Hope to see him revealed as Omega some day?

Actaully alpha cna be flawed as well there flaws are just not major.

How am I the one being deperate here? I am basing my claims of on pannel evideances not some crap I found on wiki. why are you so desperate for wolverine to be beta even though the controdicts dirrect comic statements.

One cant become an omega it impossiable your either one or your not nor would I want wolverine to be one or care.

KingD19
Actually, Alphas have no flaws regarding their power or anything else, which is why they're Alpha.

There have also been instances where his memories were so painful, his brain healed them, which would also make him a beta.

Battlehammer
Actually, Alphas have no flaws regarding their power or anything else, which is why they're Alpha.

There have also been instances where his memories were so painful, his brain healed them, which would also make him a beta.
actaully alpha can have small flaws.

actaully it was one instances when he was a kid and a tramatic expereinces occured the death of his father. This is not a mutant flaw in his powers, this can happen to anyone when at sucha young age there see such an event. That far from being a flaw in his powers.

also again on pannel statements>>>>>wiki or any crap you wanna come up with.

StiltmanFTW
actaully it was one instances when he was a kid and a tramatic expereinces occured the death of his father. This is not a mutant flaw in his powers, this can happen to anyone when at sucha young age there see such an event. That far from being a flaw in his powers.

Just one instance? Hell no. What about Cyber killing Janet?

Also, AoA alpha mutant definition can differ from Jubilee's alpha mutant definition.

Does Wolverine have complete control over his mutant power? No. He prevented his hair from growing back, but that's all. He can't cancel his HF. It was stated on panel - Didn't ask for a healing factor, pal. No matter what I do to it, body just won't quit.

KingD19
Name one Alpha mutant you know of with any type of flaw in their power set?

hugekent
Why is he so desperate for Wolverine to be an Alpha? What's so bad about being a Beta, he's still a bad ass character.

KingD19
BH hates being wrong.

ladders
I'm really sorry for bringing back an old thread but, what issue of which title is this from?

Originally posted by Silke
Professor Xavier: "You did of course, request that she define the levels of mutation."

Emma Frost: "That's beside the point. You know full well the girl disrupts my class with her attention seeking nuisances. Now I can't even grade her papers without hearing her voice grinding my nerves through the page. Charles, she insists on her pithy doodles and scribblings so much that I can barely read what she's supposed to have written."

Professor Xavier: "I don't know, I think it's a rather splendid description of mutation as we understand it. Perhaps we should use Jubilation's explanation as a standard."

Emma Frost: "You can't be serious..."

ladders
bump?

ladders
anyone at all?

-Pr-
you should ask in the x-men thread in the comic books forum. i honestly don't know...

the ninjak
In Age of Apocalypse Logan was registered as an Alpha....and that was with one hand!

KingD19
AoA is not 616 is it? Until otherwise stated, Logan is Beta.

ladders
Originally posted by -Pr-
you should ask in the x-men thread in the comic books forum. i honestly don't know...

Okay, thank you.

pinksushi1
Is Jean the only Class 5 mutant?

-Pr-
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Is Jean the only Class 5 mutant?

class 5 is a term that only exists in the movies. in the movies, yes, i think she is the only one...

these classes are nonsen. the alpha, beta, gama classifcation says nothing about their actual power levels as none of these groups are more powerfull in general than the others. the "drawbacks" the mutations cause are mostly subjective - how are weird looks an actual drawback from a biological point of view? the only objective characteristic they include, involuntary vs voluntary use of powers, isnt all that relevant for classification purposes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.