JLA vs Marvels cosmic Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scuzz2.0
GL hal
GL Kyle
Martian Manhunter
Superman
Wonderwoman (standard equip)
Batman

vs

Nova
Quasar (Wendell)
Adam Warlock (Current)
Silver Surfer
Mar-vell
Starlord (current)

they fight on an indestructable unpopulated earth
no bfr and no prep but they start out battle ready.

Lord Feron
Team 2

Slaanesh
team 2

Enyalus
Um, no.

Team One pretty much every time.

Kris Blaze
Team 1 8/10

Wild Shadow
team 2 both warlock and SS can create impenetrable shields till they decide how best to take them out via cosmic awareness.

Raoul
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
team 2 both warlock and SS can create inpenetrable shields till they decide how best to take them out via cosmic awareness.

pfft. Impenetrable isn't in Superman's vocabulary.

unless we're talking about lois' submissive side... sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
team 2 both warlock and SS can create inpenetrable shields till they decide how best to take them out via cosmic awareness.

No. I mean, just recently Black Bolt, broke through Adam Warlock's shield, and flung him aside.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
pfft. Impenetrable isn't in Superboy Prime's vocabulary.
Fixed.

DarkOdin
I was going to say team 2 in a stomp but i see team 1 has batman which makes this spite. eek!

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Fixed.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/5/128783538926202751.jpg

Wild Shadow
pfft. Impenetrable isn't in Superman's vocabulary.

unless we're talking about lois' submissive side... sad

i like to see supe bust through a magic and cosmically backed shield by both adam and SS. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raoul
i like to see supe bust through a magic and cosmically backed shield by both adam and SS. roll eyes (sarcastic)

you do realise i wasn't serious, right?

Wild Shadow
you do realise i wasn't serious, right?

yeah, i know you werent serious... wink

i see this battle going like this: SS, adam and wendell( what kinda name is that right?) anyways they raise shields. and march or fly toward the DC team in their own cosmic interpretation of the 300 phalanx attack.

batman standing over a hill shouting orders and getting frustrated by his teammates incompetence, while the marvel team drop shields or make an opening and shoot stellar fire, magic, cosmic and photonic energy at the jla and just as fast raising them back up.

adam shouting from within the ranks because that the kinda hero/fighter that he is: steady... steady... attack! ..shields!!!

Raoul
yeah, i know you werent serious... wink

i see this battle going like this: SS, adam and wendell( what kinda name is that right?) anyways they raise shields. and march or fly toward the DC team in their own cosmic interpretation of the 300 phalanx attack.

batman standing over a hill shouting orders and getting frustrated by his teammates incompetence, while the marvel team drop shields or make an opening and shoot stellar fire, magic, cosmic and photonic energy at the jla and just as fast raising them back up.

adam shouting from within the ranks because that the kinda hero/fighter that he is: steady... steady... attack! ..shields!!!

i'm not the one claiming that they'd build an impenetrable shield... shrug

Naija boy
T2

iceman24567
Impenetrable shields? Not buying it at all anyways team one takes the majority.

guy222
T 2

Tazer
Yo.

the only person that Nova OR Starlord have a chance at taking out is Batman..........and thats moreso for Nova than SL.

outside of that, T1 can take it for the majority but its a fight either way.

Tazer

Scuzz2.0
Nova would have a good chance at taking out anyone on team 1! and quill could just shoot bats in the face.

xJLxKing
Hal makes all the difference. Team 2.

Nihilist
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hal makes all the difference. Team 2. ?... Hal is on team 1.

Team 1 wins.

Wild Shadow
photon/energy manipulators make the GL's useless.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
Nova would have a good chance at taking out anyone on team 1! and quill could just shoot bats in the face.

Nova has NO CHANCE AT ALL of beating any1 above Batman, unless theyre drugged asleep when he atk's; Nova isnt on theyre scale.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

photon/energy manipulators make the GL's useless.

depends on if photon can manipulate "collected will" or not........

then again, the GLs arent limited to just making constructs, so theyre *far* from useless here.

Tazer

Wild Shadow
both quasar and mar vell control energy at its fundamental lvl, regardless if the GL's can give it shape via willpower. they can manipulate the constructs and its energy at the base lvl taking away the GL's ability to control it via will power.

a combine shield by quasar, SS and Adam would be enough to hold back any attack for a reasonable amount of time. it would allow them to use their cosmic awareness and remove any advantage the GL's would have.

no, matter how you like to view this the GL's are in more trouble then their fellow members due to the exploitable weakness of their rings against actual cosmic energy manipulators.

Charmander
Hal makes all the difference. Team 2. Originally posted by Nihilist
?... Hal is on team 1.

Team 1 wins. lol

xJLxKing
Yeah ahah. I mean to say Team 1. They win because of Hal

Tazer
Yo.

both quasar and mar vell control energy at its fundamental lvl, regardless if the GL's can give it shape via willpower. they can manipulate the constructs and its energy at the base lvl taking away the GL's ability to control it via will power.

U misunderstand me: the current wrinkle to GLs happens to be that the energy they wield *isnt* w/in the EM-spectrum, but is literally "collected universal will".

I cant speak for Photon, but I know for a fact that the Q-bands cant handle/manipulate things which lay outside of that parameter, so Quasar is doing anything here.

a combine shield by quasar, SS and Adam would be enough to hold back any attack for a reasonable amount of time. it would allow them to use their cosmic awareness and remove any advantage the GL's would have.

so, U would have the 3 most powerful members hiding within a shield to figure out how to deal w/the GLs, while Starlord & Nova get wrecked dealing w/Supes, WW & Jonn?? that doesnt sound too smart, since that would eventually leave them outnumbered.........

no, matter how you like to view this the GL's are in more trouble then their fellow members due to the exploitable weakness of their rings against actual cosmic energy manipulators.

the biggest exploitable weakness they *HAD* was the yellow vulnerability, and as currently written thats something only a rookie would have to worry about.........and neither GL listed here is a rookie.

and given the scenario as U've laid it out, the JLA would take this.

big grin

Tazer

Enyalus
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

U misunderstand me: the current wrinkle to GLs happens to be that the energy they wield *isnt* w/in the EM-spectrum, but is literally "collected universal will".

I cant speak for Photon, but I know for a fact that the Q-bands cant handle/manipulate things which lay outside of that parameter, so Quasar is doing anything here.
I figured this was classic Kree Captain Mar-vell, not his son as Photon.

*shrug*

kgkg
1.) Batman
2.) Robin
3.) Hulk

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Enyalus
I figured this was classic Kree Captain Mar-vell, not his son as Photon.

*shrug*

when WS said "photon/energy manipulators" I took that to mean they were talking about him.......

d'oh.

Tazer

Enyalus
Yo.

when WS said "photon/energy manipulators" I took that to mean they were talking about him.......

d'oh.

Tazer
I've never been confused with Wild Shadow before.

I hope its a good thing.

Tazer
Yo.

twas unintentional, and of course no disrespect meant.

wink

Tazer

Enyalus
big grin None taken.

Wild Shadow
Yo.

so, U would have the 3 most powerful members hiding within a shield to figure out how to deal w/the GLs, while Starlord & Nova get wrecked dealing w/Supes, WW & Jonn?? that doesnt sound too smart, since that would eventually leave them outnumbered.........

the biggest exploitable weakness they *HAD* was the yellow vulnerability, and as currently written thats something only a rookie would have to worry about.........and neither GL listed here is a rookie.

big grin

Tazer

when i said they would raise shields i meant over the entire group each using their power to reinforce one anothers shields. think of three overlapping shields or a mixture of energy which would be enough to keep everyone out.

also i am well aware of how the GL rings work but they still rely on energy.. and energy is the SS and mar vells domain.

id369
Wait hold on. The Current Nova, could vary well compete with any Herald Class if he genuinely accessing the full nova force.

darthgoober
Yo.

big grin

Tazer
I'm pretty sure Ego's bio-energy doesn't fall within the electromagnetic spectrum and Quasar still managed to absorb it. And I doubt that psionic energy qualifies as EM energy, but the Q-bands can still deal with it.

Bouboumaster
T2.

Superman against Silver Surfer or Quasar? Really?

shokosugi
Team 1 wins

Raoul
imo there's no precedent set to prove that a gl could be absorbed by anyone on this field, especially since both the type of energy they use and it's source has been heavily redefined.

Slaanesh
Hal makes all the difference. Team 2.

why does Hal make all the difference??

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm pretty sure Ego's bio-energy doesn't fall within the electromagnetic spectrum and Quasar still managed to absorb it.

it likely doesnt, however Quasar has/had NO capability to do wat he did to Ego *solely on his own*, and as such only accomplished wat he did by way of extra tech-assistance.

so yur argument here holds no water given he couldnt/cant/hasnt shown the Q-bands being able to do it by their lonesome.

And I doubt that psionic energy qualifies as EM energy, but the Q-bands can still deal with it.

by protecting the wearer from mental domination sure, but they can still be mind-scanned..............yur point??

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by id369
Wait hold on. The Current Nova, could vary well compete with any Herald Class if he genuinely accessing the full nova force.

the only Nova who ould have a shot against any of the JLA here would be Frankie Raye, the herald.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

when i said they would raise shields i meant over the entire group each using their power to reinforce one anothers shields. think of three overlapping shields or a mixture of energy which would be enough to keep everyone out.

also i am well aware of how the GL rings work but they still rely on energy.. and energy is the SS and mar vells domain.

so again: U would have T2 cowering withing a shield, while the others atk it, and possibly Jonn just phasing ritgh thru it?? that doesnt sound too smart.....

SS Id bet could prolly screw w/the nrg the GLs use (as currently defined), but Mar-vell /the NBs??

I aint too sure about that; at best its a debatable idea, unless U have something to support the idea...........

Tazer

id369
Yo.

the only Nova who ould have a shot against any of the JLA here would be Frankie Raye, the herald.

Tazer
abccoffee

Mira Boludo.

If the restrains are off (meaning World Mind no longer holding back the Full Nova Force.) You could and are seeing a bump in power level. Lobotomizing Ego, and tacking on Female Gladiator are indication of this.

Wild Shadow
Yo.

so again: U would have T2 cowering withing a shield, while the others atk it, and possibly Jonn just phasing ritgh thru it?? that doesnt sound too smart.....

SS Id bet could prolly screw w/the nrg the GLs use (as currently defined), but Mar-vell /the NBs??

I aint too sure about that; at best its a debatable idea, unless U have something to support the idea...........

Tazer

i believe SS has manipulated psychic energy from an alien who had gathered it from a worlds population, also genis vell's evil twin freddy used his nega bands to shield himself from the manipulation and control of psycho man, he even used the bands to redirect the emotional energy back at him. now add the fact that three are cosmically aware and can analyze energy patterns on the fly while fighting would leave the GL's as the weak link.

i shouldnt do this but i cant resist but, SS has already absorbed the GL energy from kyle in their corssover. whether you want to believe that GL energy is will powered or not it is still energy that is and can be manipulated by a GL as well as others..

now if MM was to inter the shield he would be fighting alone against energy manipulators that can more then likely seriously injure him with their attacks, now if he were do turn intangible it wouldnt be a guarantee against their attacks especially if he were to be attacked by adam warlock and his Mystic energies. cool

Raoul
i shouldnt do this but i cant resist but, SS has already absorbed the GL energy from kyle in their corssover. whether you want to believe that GL energy is will powered or not it is still energy that is and can be manipulated by a GL as well as others..

non-canon, and GL powers have changed since then.

Wild Shadow
non-canon, and GL powers have changed since then.

i know i just couldnt resist that why i mentioned it first. cool

but i'll summit exhibit B. JLA/avenger crossover

photon aka Monica Rambeau, absorbed and manipulated the energy for her own use against kyle again an energy manipulator was able to control a GL's energy. stick out tongue

Raoul
i know i just couldnt resist that why i mentioned it first. cool

but i'll summit exhibit B. JLA/avenger crossover

photon aka Monica Rambeau, absorbed and manipulated the energy for her own use against kyle again an energy manipulator was able to control a GL's energy. stick out tongue

JLA/Avengers isn't canon on this board.

darthgoober
Yo.

it likely doesnt, however Quasar has/had NO capability to do wat he did to Ego *solely on his own*, and as such only accomplished wat he did by way of extra tech-assistance.

so yur argument here holds no water given he couldnt/cant/hasnt shown the Q-bands being able to do it by their lonesome.

by protecting the wearer from mental domination sure, but they can still be mind-scanned..............yur point??

Tazer
The machine converted Ego into Bio energy so that he could be extracted from the Earth, no mention was ever made about it aiding in the absorption process.

I'm pretty sure that they prevent scanning too. Moondragon had a Hell of a time breaking through when she had the Mind Gem and Quasar was unconscious if I'm not mistaken.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Slaanesh
why does Hal make all the difference??
Because his ring did something no other Lantern, or Guardian can do; he was able to destroy the construct that AO created.

Tazer
Yo.

abccoffee

Mira Boludo.

If the restrains are off (meaning World Mind no longer holding back the Full Nova Force.) You could and are seeing a bump in power level. Lobotomizing Ego, and tacking on Female Gladiator are indication of this.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

errrrrmmm, Taco Tamale!!

1) IF WM was doing that, is still not a given since as I recall Rich was pretty much in that state when he fought Annihilius that 1st time.....and he almost got killed then as I recall.

2) Lobotomizing Ego isnt much of a feat since at the point said feat was done WM/Ego was stated to have been disarmed by Rich taking back the lump sum of the NF..........which means he beat an unarmed being.

yea, big feat there. laughing out loud

3) taking on Strontian will likely end up requiring Robbie to haul ass to save his life, since all he really did was increase the gravity of the area she was in..........and did by blind-siding her; its not like he dropped her straight up. also, dont forget we did see how her cousin deals w/the Nova Corps, and I dont see that changing much/at all here.

4) if we're saying the full NF is being used here, then we're NOT talking about Nova here, but Nova Prime. however, the OP did state "Nova", so Im not giving *that* power state any consideration unless the OP makes that specification.

big grin

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

i believe SS has manipulated psychic energy from an alien who had gathered it from a worlds population, also genis vell's evil twin freddy used his nega bands to shield himself from the manipulation and control of psycho man, he even used the bands to redirect the emotional energy back at him. now add the fact that three are cosmically aware and can analyze energy patterns on the fly while fighting would leave the GL's as the weak link.

ok, if the NBs have been used in that fashion, then fine I wont question it, however a slight correction needs to be made: Quasar only had C.A. for a small amount of his tenure, and apparently lost it after he beat Maelstrom.

so saying "all three are cosmically aware" is erroneous.

well, if we're going to include crossovers then GLs can absorb the energy of Cosmic Cubes (which means the GLs have a chance of draining SS since he's cosmiccally empowered as well), and pre-ZH Parallax would spank Thanos.........do U REALLY wanna go there??

now if MM was to inter the shield he would be fighting alone against energy manipulators that can more then likely seriously injure him with their attacks, now if he were do turn intangible it wouldnt be a guarantee against their attacks especially if he were to be attacked by adam warlock and his Mystic energies. cool

ah ah AHHH....remember that U have 3 of yur guys maintaining a shield over their immediate area, which is being beaten on by 4 equal class superhumans, so while THEIR attention is focused on keeping that up U think emo-AW, Starlord & a puny Nova is gonna mess with a phased, telepathically-blasting oponent??

slim chance on that.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

The machine converted Ego into Bio energy so that he could be extracted from the Earth, no mention was ever made about it aiding in the absorption process.

there was also no mention of SS using his power to put said bio-nrg into his own body, AS WELL AS Gambit giving Reed a disc containing "information used to compress and imprison Ego", PLUS Banner stating that the "bio-compression protocols" were giving him trouble.

so Id say its fairly clear that the machine did the bulk, if not ALL of the work; dont ask me how the QBs ended up helping out since they (as defined by typical depictions) have no facility to affect non- EM radiation........

I'm pretty sure that they prevent scanning too. Moondragon had a Hell of a time breaking through when she had the Mind Gem and Quasar was unconscious if I'm not mistaken.

Overmind read his mind w/no prob in the same ish he was thwarted from taking it over, and IIRC she was trying to take over his body when she did that and had to resort to simply trying to wake him up mentally; I dont recall her using the MG then either.

Tazer

darthgoober
Yo.

there was also no mention of SS using his power to put said bio-nrg into his own body, AS WELL AS Gambit giving Reed a disc containing "information used to compress and imprison Ego", PLUS Banner stating that the "bio-compression protocols" were giving him trouble.

so Id say its fairly clear that the machine did the bulk, if not ALL of the work; dont ask me how the QBs ended up helping out since they (as defined by typical depictions) have no facility to affect non- EM radiation........
Yeah the machine was used to compress Ego into bio energy, but he wasn't imprisoned in the machine or anything like that. The machine converted him into bio-energy that could be absorbed, Quasar's the one who did the absorbing.

Overmind read his mind w/no prob in the same ish he was thwarted from taking it over, and IIRC she was trying to take over his body when she did that and had to resort to simply trying to wake him up mentally; I dont recall her using the MG then either.

Tazer
Don't remember the issue in detail so you may very well be right(but I don't know how Moondragon lacked the MG since it seems like the period when she was on the IW), but if psi energy doesn't fall within the EM spectrum and Quasar can render himself immune to tp attacks and mental domination, it means that the Q-bands can manipulate energy that lays outside the EM spectrum.

Wild Shadow
Yo.

ah ah AHHH....remember that U have 3 of yur guys maintaining a shield over their immediate area, which is being beaten on by 4 equal class superhumans, so while THEIR attention is focused on keeping that up U think emo-AW, Starlord & a puny Nova is gonna mess with a phased, telepathically-blasting oponent??

slim chance on that.

Tazer

thats assuming that MM can even get through the shield that is made up of various cosmic and mystic energy without harm.

Naija boy
Yeah the machine was used to compress Ego into bio energy, but he wasn't imprisoned in the machine or anything like that. The machine converted him into bio-energy that could be absorbed, Quasar's the one who did the absorbing.

Don't remember the issue in detail so you may very well be right(but I don't know how Moondragon lacked the MG since it seems like the period when she was on the IW), but if psi energy doesn't fall within the EM spectrum and Quasar can render himself immune to tp attacks and mental domination, it means that the Q-bands can manipulate energy that lays outside the EM spectrum.

Quasar mentioned that he is able to block people from controllling his mind by jamming the psionic energy frequency with his own energy.

Tazer
Yo.

no, he wasnt imprisoned in the machine, becuz the machine was designed to *put* watever-was-being-converted somewhere, as was stated.

the QBs helped that machine in *some* manner, but no matter how U want to try and spin it they didnt do the job by themselves, and as such ya really cant apply it here.

this was during Avengers Infinity IIRC, and I didnt say she lacked the MG, just that it didnt look like she used it here.

again, if Elvis can have his mind read AND have thoughts projected into it, then Id say thats a clear sign of it NOT manipulating tp-nrg.

Tazer

illadelph12
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/5/128783538926202751.jpg

Smh...

You're losing it Pig...

Tazer
Yo.

thats assuming that MM can even get through the shield that is made up of various cosmic and mystic energy without harm.

well, if we assume that everything U stated so far has a shot-in-hell of happening, then Id say its only fair for the same odds play out for the other side......right??

wink

Tazer

Enyalus
Hal would beat Rich, Wendell would beat Kyle, J'onn would beat Adam, Norrin would beat Kal, Diana would beat Mar-vell, and Batman would beat Starlord.

Other matchups break down similarly. Team JLA takes a majority more often than not.

Raoul
Originally posted by illadelph12
Smh...

You're losing it Pig...

quiet, or it'll be back to the phantom zone with you.

darthgoober
Yo.

no, he wasnt imprisoned in the machine, becuz the machine was designed to *put* watever-was-being-converted somewhere, as was stated.

the QBs helped that machine in *some* manner, but no matter how U want to try and spin it they didnt do the job by themselves, and as such ya really cant apply it here.
Where did it state that the machine's job was to *put* the energy somewhere? It's totally possible that it did and I either overlooked it or have forgotten about it, but I don't remember anything being mentioned about it aiding in the absorption process.

this was during Avengers Infinity IIRC, and I didnt say she lacked the MG, just that it didnt look like she used it here.

again, if Elvis can have his mind read AND have thoughts projected into it, then Id say thats a clear sign of it NOT manipulating tp-nrg.

Tazer
It pretty much always increases her mental powers, that's what it does. If she was having difficulty, I doubt she would hold back from using it. And when was the Overmind thing cause it seems to go against most of Quasar's showings against telepaths so I'll need to check it out before I can comment on it.

id369
Yo.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

errrrrmmm, Taco Tamale!!

1) IF WM was doing that, is still not a given since as I recall Rich was pretty much in that state when he fought Annihilius that 1st time.....and he almost got killed then as I recall.

2) Lobotomizing Ego isnt much of a feat since at the point said feat was done WM/Ego was stated to have been disarmed by Rich taking back the lump sum of the NF..........which means he beat an unarmed being.

yea, big feat there. laughing out loud

3) taking on Strontian will likely end up requiring Robbie to haul ass to save his life, since all he really did was increase the gravity of the area she was in..........and did by blind-siding her; its not like he dropped her straight up. also, dont forget we did see how her cousin deals w/the Nova Corps, and I dont see that changing much/at all here.

4) if we're saying the full NF is being used here, then we're NOT talking about Nova here, but Nova Prime. however, the OP did state "Nova", so Im not giving *that* power state any consideration unless the OP makes that specification.

big grin

Tazer

abccoffee
Mira Peludo, your memories are off. World Mind had control over the Nova Force up until now (Nova # 26). This includes his appearance through Annihilation Wave arc.

Peludo taking over the Nova Force does not disarm Ego itself, it disarmed him of the World Mind and the Nova Force. Ego still counts on his own energies. The act of lobotomizing Ego is still impressive.

Previously Nova would have bin rocked hard by the Strontian. It remains to be seen if he can keep up this level of power up. But by the conversation and history of protecting Rich, clear evidence points out that is tapping into more power then before.crackers

Tazer
Yo.

Where did it state that the machine's job was to *put* the energy somewhere? It's totally possible that it did and I either overlooked it or have forgotten about it, but I don't remember anything being mentioned about it aiding in the absorption process.

look at the discussion of the machine in ish's #2 & #3 of Maximum Security; both Reed & Tony say it.

It pretty much always increases her mental powers, that's what it does. If she was having difficulty, I doubt she would hold back from using it. And when was the Overmind thing cause it seems to go against most of Quasar's showings against telepaths so I'll need to check it out before I can comment on it.

that may be so, but like I said its not clear if she was using it or not. and as for the Overmind -part, it wouldve been between #14 & #16 of Quasar.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

abccoffee
Mira Peludo, your memories are off. World Mind had control over the Nova Force up until now (Nova # 26). This includes his appearance through Annihilation Wave arc.

confused
Taco Tamale, I remember that WM had to scale back the NF becuz it caused Rich to go crazy, but that was done IIRC after his 1st fight w/Anni.

altho, I do fully admit that its been some time since I read that mini and could have jumbled the particulars.

Peludo taking over the Nova Force does not disarm Ego itself, it disarmed him of the World Mind and the Nova Force. Ego still counts on his own energies. The act of lobotomizing Ego is still impressive.

Tamale, this was said by WM it/herself in #25. Ego/WM were effectively a single mind/gestalt at that point, which is why he had to blast it/them after he gained the NF back.

go back and take a look......

Previously Nova would have bin rocked hard by the Strontian. It remains to be seen if he can keep up this level of power up. But by the conversation and history of protecting Rich, clear evidence points out that is tapping into more power then before.crackers

well, given that we only saw the very beginning of Robbies encounter w/Strontian, I dont think its safe to say theyve gotten stronger *YET*.

and to be honest, if *he* does better than the N-Prime who got dropped by Glads in 2 hits, then theres something wrong going on.......

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.