How Libertarian are you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Cloud
http://www.bcaplan.com/cgi-bin/purity.cgi

I think the guy who made this test is an anarchist but I found it interesting and some of the questions disturbing.

My score was 22

Shakyamunison
My score was 40. laughing

Robtard
I think my great grandmother was a Libertarian, so that's make me 1/8th.

Wild Shadow
i got a 100 shifty

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Robtard

Why do people always have to post smarta$$ answers mad

Symmetric Chaos
The link doesn't work for me but I'd say "moderately".

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The link doesn't work for me but I'd say "moderately".

It no longer works for me either though it did when I first posted it

Robtard
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
It no longer works for me either though it did when I first posted it

I smell a conspiracy!

BackFire
Libertarians are the new republicans.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire

No, Democrats are the new Republicans and the Republicans are now nothing more than a bunch of Bible beating young-Earth ranters. Sad, really, the state of U.S. politics.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by BackFire

The world would probably be a better place if they were.

Dr Will Hatch
I took this test twice before. I was 15 the first time, and took it because I was bored and enjoy taking quizzes for some reason. This was before I knew anything about politics and I scored around 80. Then I took it like 2 years later when I started becoming interested in political philosophy and got a perfect 100.

I'm more of an anarcho capitalist than a libertarian, really.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Robtard

I guess that makes me 1/8th as well. Robtard, I am your brother. eek!

hug

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I guess that makes me 1/8th as well. Robtard, I am your brother. hug

From another mother, word.

inimalist
I love how there are questions on the survey that a libertarian could easily answer yes or no to.

Symmetric Chaos
I like that it has a picture of Ayn Rand, who thought Libertarians were morons.

Darth Jello
scored 30 here. Who would be retarded enough to privatize the government and the commons, like the police force?

Bardock42
Trying to answer the best I could I go 143, though some questions were definitely problematic.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Jello
scored 30 here. Who would be retarded enough to privatize the government and the commons, like the police force?

http://www.sethf.com/essays/major/libstupid.php

dadudemon
Indeed.

I said no as some questions were all inclusive when I didn't want them to be. Such as, not every aspect of law enforcement needs to be government run, but not every aspect should be privatized.

Not every drug should be legalized, but a helluva lot more should be legalized.

The Fed needs to be disbanded, but not all regulatory laws in place need to be as well.

The list goes on. The "yes, no" options are not good enough. They need options like "This is too extreme as not all should be done...but some." Or something like that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Indeed.

I said no as some questions were all inclusive when I didn't want them to be. Such as, not every aspect of law enforcement needs to be government run, but not every aspect should be privatized.

The Fed needs to be disbanded, but not all regulatory laws in place need to be as well.

The list goes on. The "yes, no" options are not good enough. They need options like "This is too extreme as not all should be done...but some." Or something like that. Yeah, the political compass test seemed better to me, this is obviously done by a very, very convinced anarchist.

I had problems with answering too because I sympathise with a few ideas and aren't absolutely set into one particular belief system. Which is probably why I answered yes a lot.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
http://www.sethf.com/essays/major/libstupid.php

not bad, most of it is a slippery-slope argument with some lipstick and fishnets though

I had the same problem and really just can't finish the test. lol, I need more info on some of the questions.

for interests sake, what standard, aside from personal taste, do you use to segment what should and what shouldn't be legal

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
for interests sake, what standard, aside from personal taste, do you use to segment what should and what shouldn't be legal

Things that should be legal as OTC drugs:

Shrooms
Weed
Steroids

Things that should still be regulated, but not illegal:

Meth
Cocaine
etc.

Regulated: Meaning, it is dispensed by a pharmacist and the person is monitored to ensure they won't die too quickly. Tax it. smile

This is slight jest...but I could probably think about it more and give a more intelligent answer.

Drugs that should be illegal:

Cigs
Skunk Weed
or anything else that gives me bronchitis and stinks really bad. no expression

I don't pretend to want to enforce my idea of morality.

And my "standard" is really the degree of damage or the quickness of death that the drug can cause. Things that can kill you rather fast are probably ones that shouldn't be otc legal.

Things like steroids, which are almost impossible to overdose to the point of death, in one sitting, should be OTC legal...or at least legal with advice.

Shrooms...fine.

Weed....fine.

other things like those...fine.

Crack....meth.....x, and other things like that, more caution should be employed, imo....but made much more legal.

inimalist
And my "standard" is really the degree of damage or the quickness of death that the drug can cause. Things that can kill you rather fast are probably ones that shouldn't be otc legal.

Things like steroids, which are almost impossible to overdose to the point of death, in one sitting, should be OTC legal...or at least legal with advice.

what about the fact that I can go out and buy poison, OTC?

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
what about the fact that I can go out and buy poison, OTC?

You certainly shouldn't be a child buying, that's for sure.

jaden101
31 for me.

lord xyz

The wording was very bad in my opinion. All Yes and No to questions that aren't as simple as that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.