Comic Book Conventions: Which ones have you gone/going to?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathlok
Last summer, I went to the SDCC. It was freakin awesome! It was everything I expected & more. I went all 4 days PLUS preview night. I was overwhelmed!

I am thinking of going to Fanexpo this year in Toronto.

SO whats the Toronto con like?

theICONiac
Never been!

Love to go someday. Problem being (and has been for the past 15 years or so) is that none of my friends would ever do it sad Most 'outgrew' comics/toys back in college. So I would be stuck going with my wife (boo-urns!) or my kids (DOUBLE boo-urns!!!!).

And I live about 1/2 hr outside Toronto. Sucks to be me.

Deathstroke
I've gone to Wizard World Chicago about 5 times, and I think I'm going back this year. It's still fun, but it kinda loses something after the 3rd or 4th time.

Darth Vicious
NYCC for the past 2 years and will keep going. I go with my 2 brothers. No kids, wifes, girlfriends, jumpoffs allowed. I really wanna go to SDCC. Maybe next year. Now that Wizard has bought Big Apple Con maybe they'll turn it into Wizard Con NY.

WhoopeeDee
Next week is SDCC!!! w00t

The 40th!!!!big grin

If you don't go iz cuz joo sucked!

Darth Vicious
If I lived in San Diego I would be there every year.

WhoopeeDee
Too costly living in SD.

Darth Vicious
It would be even more costly for someone on the east coast (plane, hotels, tickets).

WhoopeeDee
AAAARGHHHHH!!!!!

The exclusive Hal Jordan GL Blackest Night action figure for SDCC 09 will be sold on WEDSNEDAY!!!!! I'm going on Saturday!!!! Only 3,000 made!!!!! It's going to sell out!!!! NNNNARRAGGGGH!!!!

Now I'm friggin piss!!!!!! mad mad

(Throws absurd Massive Global Tantrum)

Raoul
the rainbow set?

WhoopeeDee
Too much money...

Raoul
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Too much money...

which one were you hoping to get?

or was there a black lantern one or something?

WhoopeeDee
Weds is Green.

Saturday is Orange.

I think Yellow is for Friday and sunday is blue....

They go $20 per figure...I doubt there will be any Green for the Saturday crowd. The set will go for $100...I think...

bummer.

Raoul
Weds is Green.

Saturday is Orange.

They go $20 per figure...I doubt there will be any Green for the Saturday crowd. The set will go for $100...I think...

bummer.

yeah, i'd imagine so.

what's the difference between the SDCC one and the one that was released a while back, though?

Darth Vicious
Weds is Green.

Saturday is Orange.

bummer.

If u could get ur hand on the whole set u'll probably could sell them for double or triple its price on ebay.

Alpha Centauri
There's gonna be Iron Man 2 footage at S.D.C.C.

The main reason I wanted to go, aside from it being S.D.C.C, was Gail Simone being there.

-AC

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by Raoul
yeah, i'd imagine so.

what's the difference between the SDCC one and the one that was released a while back, though?

This GL is exclusive for the con only. You can still get it elsewhere but you have to pay more.

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
If u could get ur hand on the whole set u'll probably could sell them for double or triple its price on ebay.

Yeah, but I'm more of a collector than retailer....

Preview night is later! Going! w00t

Raoul
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
There's gonna be Iron Man 2 footage at S.D.C.C.

The main reason I wanted to go, aside from it being S.D.C.C, was Gail Simone being there.

-AC

gail simone? big fan?

This GL is exclusive for the con only. You can still get it elsewhere but you have to pay more.

Yeah, but I'm more of a collector than retailer....

Preview night is later! Going! w00t

i coulda sworn that gl hal was the same one released a while back...

willRules
I'd love to go to a con but I live in England and it'd cost too much sad

WhoopeeDee
Blah!

yD5GgoC3RV4&feature=channel_page

More Blah-blah!

I0NpL5ChWm4&feature=channel

blah, blah, blah, blah....and BLAH!

DRjxlPI7T24&feature=channel

Hope you like' em! happy

willRules
Great videos, thanks for the upload! big grin

WhoopeeDee
If only you were there with me....sad

....to hold the camera stick out tongue

willRules
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.