Can some 1 tell me what was the purpus of having 2 trash talk ghetto robots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-9
sad

Sado22
nothing. but it wasn't intentionally racist either imo.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Comic relief, I imagine.

Darth Rex
What is your problem with them?
Leo was an ******* but what is the problem with the Twins!

C. C. Cowgirl!
I loved them. So did a hundred more that saw the movie at the same time as I did yes

BruceSkywalker
i loved them.. very very funny and witty

Menetnashté
I liked 'em alright. Definitely don't deserve the hate they've received.

K-9
I'm not saying I hate them, I mean there hilarious but, its jus that I wonda y and how they come up with this thing. And did u gys saw the robot with the 2 big wheelers now isnt that something and how optimus take him down woooooooo that was outstandingly crazyyyyy eek!

C. C. Cowgirl!
You mean Arcee? droolio It was beyond sexually arousing, good sir.

Edit: Oh, no. You mean that guy. Meh, I saw it shrug

dadudemon
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
I loved them. So did a hundred more that saw the movie at the same time as I did yes

What she said.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Sado22
nothing. but it wasn't intentionally racist either imo.

Does that really make it ok though?

darthmaul1
They were funny, but a little crude in places.
And as for being racist, it is only racists if the viewer chooses to make it that way. Maybe being a Canadian makes it easier to not notice that stuff?
Do we call it racist when optimus, ironhide and rachet are saying funny things, cause they are protraying caucasians?
Or is it offensive to mute people because bumble bee can't talk?
No. they are simply characters in a movie that are given a personality. I simply looked at them as a couple of buds that enjoyed bantering.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Does that really make it ok though?

If it wasn't intended racistic, or interpreted as such by the many that helped creating the movie, then it's all the eye of the beholder. Those that percieve it as racistic. The ones making the movie has not done any wrong.

Oversensitivity (and wishful thinking?).

Menetnashté
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
If it wasn't intended racistic, or interpreted as such by the many that helped creating the movie, then it's all the eye of the beholder. Those that percieve it as racistic. The ones making the movie has not done any wrong.

Oversensitivity (and wishful thinking?).
Well people will pick out racism wherever they can find it, as far as I'm concerned they were fairly realistic characters and thus funny.

nimbus006
Personally, I didn't care for them much.

However, my nephew thought they were hilarious.

I believe they were added for a younger audience as comedic relief.

They were in no way racist.

Sadako of Girth
They did come across as irritating douches though.

darthmaul1
and as for people saying it was racist cause they couldn't read? they couldn't read the old language of the primes that is all i got out of it.

Sado22
that'd be me.
i'm just saying that their exact line was "well, we never do any reading, not really".
i didn't find it racist at all but bay should've seen this coming.

~Sado

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Sado22
that'd be me.
i'm just saying that their exact line was "well, we never do any reading, not really".
i didn't find it racist at all but bay should've seen this coming.

~Sado

Why would Bay see any of this coming... He wanted to have some comic relief in this film and he achieved that with these characters..

Doctor-Alvis
This seems almost related to the one thread on imdb about Sam drawing a third "I" on the "Badboyz II" poster.

jcvaldez
Originally posted by K-9
sad

Because Michael Bay is a hack of a director and he has the mental capabilities of an immature 13 yr old boy. So being such, he thought it would have been funny and didn't think of it being offensive to some people.

roughrider
Originally posted by nimbus006
Personally, I didn't care for them much.

However, my nephew thought they were hilarious.

I believe they were added for a younger audience as comedic relief.

They were in no way racist.

That's pretty much it. Michael Bay, the writers, the producers, the animators & voice actors - they have no other agenda other than to make an entertaining film. Bay has worked repeatedly with Will Smith & Martin Lawrence, and I've never heard of any troubles with Tyrese Gibson or Cuba Gooding in the past - he's no racist. I know the large group of kids I watched it with in the theatre giggled & laughed at Skids & Mudflap's buffoonery. At the end of the day, they are NOT BLACK; THEY ARE ALIENS. Now like Jazz, they're developed a liking for what they see as hip culture and have modeled themselves on such to 'blend in better' with earthlings, I guess. They may sound like a couple of gangsta fools from South Central, but they're still heroic & get the job done when called upon.
When I was a kid in the 1980's, I didn't watch Transformers and think Jazz & Blaster were ghetto stereotypes - I just thought they were cool characters, and I liked Scatman Crothers voice work. But now we're at the stage in society where Porky Pig & Speedy Gonzales are politically incorrect, and films like 'Tropic Thunder' get flak for supposedly making fun of the retarded.
Sure, the film could have been fine without those characters acting like that. But it's not the problem the media is making it to be.

ares834
Eh I wasn't a big fan. I was reminded of Jar Jar... However, they were better than the robot humping action and the thong shot.

Darth Rex
Originally posted by ares834
Eh I wasn't a big fan. I was reminded of Jar Jar... However, they were better than the robot humping action and the thong shot.

I agree. The Twins were funny and it wasn't racist.

darthmaul1
agreed the i liked the twins they were funny.

Sado22
he should have seen this coming because some black people can be VERY touchy about these things. that's why. it stupid and dumb and narrowminded but that's how they are.

~Sado

XanatosForever
Originally posted by ares834

Wheelie's always been an annoying little shit, ever since the The Animated Movie. I did think it was clever to bring him back, though.

SnakeEyes
The twins were fvcking annoying as hell and they occupied WAY too much screen time. I swear, they were on screen more than Optimus; that pissed me off. Whenever they said anything, it was like I could feel myself losing brain cells. I looked over to my friend whenever something extremely moronic was said in the film and we both just shook our heads as if to say "did they really think this was a good idea?" Needless to say, we were doing that for the majority of the film. What a piece of dumb, glossy, explosiony garbage this movie was!

roughrider
You know, for all the bad ink generated by so many critics over this 'issue', where is Al Sharpton & the NAACP? They're usually all over these things like hair on a cat. (I don't remember them going after George Lucas for Jar Jar Binks, either.)
But when a movie like 'Bruno' gets criticized by GLAAD for gay stereotypes, those same critics blasting ROTF - like Peter Travers of Rolling Stone - are heaping praise on Sacha Baron Cohen and his 'comedic genius.'
Do I sense hypocrisy?
I remember the days when Italian American lobby groups would attack films like 'Goodfellas' , calling it a smear on their culture, but most critics hail it as the Best Film Of The Year. So what is their agenda, really?

steverules_2
Hey humans have ghetto's...so do transformers, it's to show that the transformers are kinda like humans in that they have different kinda races smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.