4-Way Dogfight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
The following contestants have been selected to battle in the skies on Earth. There is no going to the outside Earth's orbit. Earth has been abandoned just for this fight so the following don't have to concern themselves with humans in the way as potential casualties. There will also be no interference as a result of that stipulation. None of the opponents are particularly bloodlusted but they know they must kill to win. Also rank the pilots finishings and how they fare. Explain your resoning. Whoever is the last one flying is proclaimed winner. NO EMP's Vote in the poll.

Banned items for this match:
-EMP
-Tractor Beam
-Ion Cannon
-Deflector Shields
-Hyperdrive

http://www.kidreviewer.com/images/2008/jul/ironman-flying-large.jpg
Iron Man
Mark III Armor
*Repulsors
*Missiles
*Ant-Personnel Guns
*Uni-Beam
*Flares
*Flaps
*J.A.R.V.I.S.
*Heads Up Display

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/99/Firespray_Attack.jpg
Jango Fett
Slave I
*Blaster Cannons
*Photon Torpedoes
*Missiles
*Seismic Charges

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Rifts/Rifts-Earth-Vehicles/F-22_Raptor.jpg
Starscream
Modified F-22 Raptor
*Missiles
*Vulcan Cannon
*Superhuman Strength
*Enhanced Mobility
*Jet Judo
*Bombs

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/78/TIEadvancedx1_btm.jpg
Darth Vader
TIE Advanced x1
*Missiles
*Blaster Cannons
*Targeting System
*The Force(NO OFFENSIVE)

Who's the last flying?

Impediment
TIE fighters have no shields. The Force could repel an attack, but to what extent?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Impediment
TIE fighters have no shields. The Force could repel an attack, but to what extent? That's banned for this match. When I say Force I mean Vader can use it to sense himself being targeted or where shots will be coming from. He is not allowed to directly effect something that will happen to him or his opponent. Meaning no force pushing missiles away on defense and no force pushing aircraft themselves on offense.

Rogue Jedi
I think Starscream wins.

Darth Martin
Care to explain why you think he's victor and how the others fare in your opinion? How would you rank them on how well they'll do.

Rogue Jedi
Well, SS can transform in midflight and seriously **** IM up. Vader has no shields, and he never really displayed any outstanding piloting skills. Slave 1? I dont think it can manuveur with SS or IM.

Slave 1 goes down first, followed by Vader. SS and IM dogfight a whole until SS gets his hands on IM, then it's all over.

WO Polaski
stascream has never shown the ability to shoot someone moving at mach 2 from 2 thousand feet away.

Rogue Jedi
How fast can SS go?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Vader has no shields, and he never really displayed any outstanding piloting skills. Vader is probably the best pilot here. erm

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Vader is probably the best pilot here. erm What did Vader show as Vader, as a pilot? Not as Anakin, but in ANH, in Vader armor? Nothing really. Shot down a coupla X Wings, thats it.

Darth Martin
What did Vader show as Vader, as a pilot? Not as Anakin, but in ANH, in Vader armor? Nothing really. Shot down a coupla X Wings, thats it. confused He retains all of his experiences and abilities seeing how he's the same individual.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=448554& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Darth+Vader+vs+Anakin+Sky
walker%29+forumid%3A86

C. C. Cowgirl!
I'm going with Starscream.

More for the reason that "IT'S STAAAARSCREAAAM!!!" than any other lookaround

Rogue Jedi
OK then. But he doesnt have shields, whereas Slave 1 does. Wait a second, I think Vaders custom TIE has shields. And hyperdrive.

Darth Martin
From the OP:

Banned items for this match:
-EMP
-Tractor Beam
-Ion Cannon
-Deflector Shields
-Hyperdrive wink

C. C. Cowgirl!
ufmjtKds910

0:25 is all we need. Starscream wins!

Rogue Jedi
From the OP:

wink Then Vader is ****ed.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by WO Polaski
stascream has never shown the ability to shoot someone moving at mach 2 from 2 thousand feet away.

Given Starscream's accomplishments, I dare say Mach 2 is beneath him.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Like a five dollar crack ho haermm

C. C. Cowgirl!
Starscream is such a turn-on mmm

Darth Martin
Well the way I see it is Jango has the best arnaments. Starscream is the most durable here followed by Iron Man. Iron Man is by far the weakest pilot here but the most agile and hard to hit. I still hold to my opinion that Vader is the best pilot here followed by Starscream. Vader prowess has been talked about by characters and proven on screen in the films.

Speed: Starscream; while his form isn't a spaceship he is infact an alien. We also see him jetting out of orbit so we can presume he's quite fast.

Weapons: Jango has the best weapons for this match. Now if this were in an asteroid field I'd definately give this section to Jango due to his seismic charges which are on display against Kenobi in Episode 2. Although Iron Man's uni-beam would mess Starscream up pretty bad if the fight btw them went h2h.

Piloting Skill: Vader on the basis that we haven't seen Starscream do much and Vader has already done plenty of feats worth noting.

Agility: Have to give this to Iron Man b/c of his size. But both Vader and Starscream are master pilots so they aren't too far behind but when it comes to hitting someone Iron Man just might be the hardest. I think Vader also gonna be hard to hit b/c of his force abilities.

Durability: This is strictly between Iron Man and Starscream. We've seen Iron Man tank a tank shell and fall from thousands of feet. We also saw him sustain limited fire from a vulcan cannon in mid-air. He has also crashed into various vehicles and even took a direct collision course with an F-22 Raptor. Starcream's main feat is taking a missile from an F-22 Raptor and apparently ending up unharmed and still intact. However to the more varied feats of Iron Man I think I have to give the durability edge to him for the moment.

C. C. Cowgirl!
We don't need to assume. We know he's fast. Let's remember how little time that was required for him and Megatron to return to Earth after having spoken to Fallen.

Rogue Jedi
SS's main strength here is that he can transform and latch onto Vader's TIE or the Slave 1 and rip them apart.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Indeed. If he cling onto them, they can't defend. They're done for.

Darth Martin
Doubt that would work on Iron Man thought. If heat is the Transformers "kryptonite", so to speak, the Uni-Beam would send him flying. After all a 20% powered(estimate) Iron Man's Uni-Beam knocked Iron Monger flat on his ass.

Rogue Jedi
It'll come down to IM and SS duking it out on the ground.

Darth Martin
I wouldn't be so sure. Jango's ship has fairly impressive arnaments. It's basically a mini Star-Destroyer. Vader has an advantage of his own with superhuman reflexes and pre-recognition.

In ANH Vader is so skilled he doesn't use targeting systems, he locks on to his prey by hand.

C. C. Cowgirl!
That doesn't make their ships any more agile. Starscream can fall behind them and they are virtually chanceless. So can Ironman.

Darth Martin
Jango can easily get them off him with his rear blasters and seismic charges which will make them move positions. Vader is rather good. Watch the space war of ROTS especially at the beggining.

C. C. Cowgirl!
I've seen the movies. I know what they can do.

Rogue Jedi
I wouldn't be so sure. Jango's ship has fairly impressive arnaments. It's basically a mini Star-Destroyer. Vader has an advantage of his own with superhuman reflexes and pre-recognition.

In ANH Vader is so skilled he doesn't use targeting systems, he locks on to his prey by hand. Mini star destroyer? wtf haermm

C. C. Cowgirl!
shrug

Darth Martin
Mini star destroyer? wtf haermm Well if you consider it's tractor beams, shields, mines, missiles, and blasters, some of which have been taken out of this thread to make it more interesting, yeah it's a pretty formiddable ship.

Rogue Jedi
I dont remember it having a tractor beam in the movies.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Me neither. Or shields to be honest.

Rogue Jedi
Or the capability to keep SS from ripping it to pieces.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Or the capability to even keep SS within area of shooting no expression SS can mount up on top of the ship and he's done for.

Quincy
Slave One has those sick seismic blast things right? That would put a damper on this fight. But he loses because it's Jango and not Boba.

I say Starscream. But if he loses someone gets to say "You've failed me yet again Starscream"

Rogue Jedi
How strong is IM compared to SS, if they go at it h2h?

HumanMovieGuide
Wait a minute are we sure Starscream is the fastest? In ANH the rebel ships got out of orbit pretty fast. According to the film from the time the rebels were briefed on how to destroy the Death Star to the time they arrived on the Death Star it was only 15 minutes. Taking into considerations the time it takes to prep up, it would had taken I guess five minutes or so before they actually left the base. Interesting thing is that when the rebel ships were approaching the Death Star, they flew past the planet Yavin (the base was on the moon) and all the rebel ships were still on drift mode.

How strong is IM compared to SS, if they go at it h2h?

I would assume SS has the advantage since he's bigger. Just like Iron Monger.

Darth Martin
Robtard calculated in another thread that a full-powered Iron Man is somewhere around lifting 28 tons. Starscream was easily throwing cars with his weight though. He's definately have the edge on the ground. I think Iron Man might have the edge in the air.

Kaibs
I like this one... Vader is the best pilot hands down. i think everyone knows that. Rouge if you dont. Do some research. Starscream wins though because hes Starscream. The weapons he has at his disposal are just to devistating. Vader would kill Jango Fett though. He would out class his ass to next year and make him look stupid. Vader was theoretically an even better pilot as Vader than he was Anakin. Now for Ironman. Well I dont see him lasting out of all of them because of his extreme lack of firepower. I can see him being the hardest to hit though. Since hes just Iron Man which is small compared to to a Tie Fighter, Starscream, and Fett's ship.

Darth Martin
Lack of firepower? Iron Man? His repulsors would surely knock someone off balance and his uni-beam or missiles would be devastating. Not to mention sniping the pilots with his target lock on guns.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
I like this one... Vader is the best pilot hands down. i think everyone knows that. Rouge if you dont. Do some research. Starscream wins though because hes Starscream. The weapons he has at his disposal are just to devistating. Vader would kill Jango Fett though. He would out class his ass to next year and make him look stupid. Vader was theoretically an even better pilot as Vader than he was Anakin. Now for Ironman. Well I dont see him lasting out of all of them because of his extreme lack of firepower. I can see him being the hardest to hit though. Since hes just Iron Man which is small compared to to a Tie Fighter, Starscream, and Fett's ship. I thought the thread was about ANH Vader, who didnt display any outstanding piloting skills.

And I said SS FTW the whole time.

Darth Martin
I thought the thread was about ANH Vader, who didnt display any outstanding piloting skills. Why wouldn't Vader retain all the experience, feats, and knowledge he had as Anakin Skywalker? I would have to say Vader is the best pilot here.

Rogue Jedi
Why wouldn't Vader retain all the experience, feats, and knowledge he had as Anakin Skywalker? I would have to say Vader is the bet pilot here. Thats the conclusion I came to.

Kaibs
Well im glad you know that at least lol. And I also agree with SS winning. @ Martin. i say Iron Man lacks firepower because compared to all the other 3 he does imo. His repulers and missles would do damage yeah. i didnt say he wouldnt do damage, but he wouldnt do enough imo. He owuld get hit and knocked down before he could take any of em down. Only reason I say that.

Darth Martin
He owuld get hit and knocked down before he could take any of em down. Hit and knocked down you say? He took a direct hit from an F-22 Raptor. The result: Iron Man's up and still flying. F-22? Destroyed; Pilot ejected.

That's another thing, Iron Man just might be able to run right into Vader and that might take out the TIE fighter. It wouldn't be the smartest thing to do but the TIE is much smaller in size than the F-22 Raptor. Just an option.

Kaibs
True. But once again Vader has the force working with him there.... and a Tie Fighter is probably better constructed and might be more durable than a F22 Raptor but we'll never know of course because one exists and the other does not obviously. Now as for Ironman... well yeah he took the missle but i mean he also shot things to make the missle blow up on those not him itself. Granted he stil took impact but still... and yes he tore through a jets wing... but still that doesnt mean he would be able to do that to a Tie Fighter. Plus you're still not taking into account that Vader is no ordinary pilot.

Darth Martin
I am well aware of Vader's accomplishments and capabilities. I argued in his favor as the best pilot earlier in the thread. In fact Tony Stark is without question the worst pilot here. However his armor compensates for that. Not only is he more agile than anyone here, he might be the most durable. Although I think Starscream is there's no question Iron Man is more durable than Slave I or Vader's TIE fighter.

XanatosForever
Take the measure of force Iron Man faced while having his armor stripped by Iron Monger. Now, multiply that force by, say, a thousand (being lenient). That would be Starscream ripping Tony's little tin can to shreds. I see it going like this:

Victor: Starscream
Runner up: Iron Man (saved for last)
Third base: Vader
Dead last (oh the puns): Jango

Kaibs
Im not saying he cant take a hit but so can they. And im saying their firepower is more desvistating than Tonys' so thats why I say Stark goes down. Im not saying hes gonna get swatted like a fly in 3 seconds but he will gets swatted first none the less.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Take the measure of force Iron Man faced while having his armor stripped by Iron Monger. Now, multiply that force by, say, a thousand (being lenient). That would be Starscream ripping Tony's little tin can to shreds. Are you implying that Starscream is a thousand times stronger than Iron Monger?

he will gets swatted first none the less. How do you figure? Iron Man will likely be the hardest out of the four combatants to hit.

Kaibs
No I agree that he will be hardest to hit. infact I stated that. But I still say he will get hit. ANd when eh does its gonna be a bad hit.

Darth Martin
I'm aware that you stated that. But then you contradicted yourself in saying "he will gets swatted first none the less".

XanatosForever
Are you implying that Starscream is a thousand times stronger than Iron Monger?

How do you figure? Iron Man will likely be the hardest out of the four combatants to hit.

I'm implying that a massive bio-mechanical extraterrestrial organism is, in fact, insanely more powerful than a hairy old man in a cheap knock off of a tin can. smile

Kaibs
I am not contridicting myself... I am saying he is really going to get hit eventually. Just because you're hard to hit doesnt mean he wont get hit. Muhammad Ali was insanely hard to hit. But he still got hit at times. And unlike for Ali when Stark gets hit he will go down.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'm implying that a massive bio-mechanical extraterrestrial organism is, in fact, insanely more powerful than a hairy old man in a cheap knock off of a tin can. smile Stronger? Yes. Thousand times stronger? No.

I am not contridicting myself... I am saying he is really going to get hit eventually. Just because you're hard to hit doesnt mean he wont get hit. Muhammad Ali was insanely hard to hit. But he still got hit at times. And unlike for Ali when Stark gets hit he will go down. You said he'd go down first.......after you claimed he was the hardest to hit.

Depends on what he gets hit with. Blaster cannon fire won't put him down. Sustained fire will but he can evade. Bullets? Tank those all day long if not evade. Missiles? That might put him down but he has flares specifically as a counter measure for this. I doubt Jango's seismic charges would ever catch him. He's too agile to get hit by those.

Kaibs
Yup I still think he would go down first too... That just shows how tough the others are too. I still think he'd be hardest to hit but he'd still go down first. As for their weapons.. well the only one who has bullets is umm Starscream maybe? IDK I know tie fighters dont have bullets they have ****in lasers. and lasers would **** Iron Man up. Also I am thinking that Jango has the same things as well and more. As for starscream his weaponry is even more damagaing then both of them so yeah. Just because Iron Man is hardest ot hit which eh is becuase of his size dont mean he will evade every hit, and once he is hes going down. All three can withstand each others attacks long enough to see Tony Die if he gets hit.

Darth Martin
I'm inclined to believe a 20 mm Caliber round from an M61 Vulcan cannon>shots from a blaster cannon.

Kaibs
IDK its apples and oranges with that opinion. I am inclined to believe that a laser has a better chance of owning Iron man than a 20mm caliber round.

Darth Martin
Iron Man tanked a direct hit from a tank round. Doubt Vader's ship or Slave I could do the same.

Kaibs
Idk both have shields. And that tank round was from a shitty old ass tank. There are far better tanks than the old one that they were using in that movie.

Darth Martin
Idk both have shields. And that tank round was from a shitty old ass tank.

No shields in this thread. Check the OP.

Tanks may have been obsolete. But they were using the latest from Stark Industries.

Kaibs
Yes FIREARM wise and missles, but not tanks lol. ANd you're talking about Iron Man takign the tank round. And if theres no shields okay fine. Vader still has the force. Fett well hes screwed but he is still more durable than Iron Man imo before he dies too of course.

Darth Martin
Vader still has the force. Fett well hes screwed but he is still more durable than Iron Man imo before he dies too of course.

There's no offensive Force powers allowed. You think Slave I could take that tank round and still fly.

Kaibs
Considering its an obsolete tank round.... ? yes. And I think Slave 1 would just move out of the way honestly. ANd Vader can still use the force for defensive purposes.

Darth Martin
Not exactly. Read the Opening Post. It states what's not allowed in this thread.

Kaibs
Darth Vader
TIE Advanced x1
*Missiles
*Blaster Cannons
*Targeting System
*The Force(NO OFFENSIVE)

It doesnt say he cant use the Force for defensive purposes...

Rogue Jedi
I think he can use it only for sensing attack in this thread.

Kaibs
Umm until I see the OP specifically say he can only "sense" attack i am going by he can use the force for defensive purposes.

XanatosForever
That's banned for this match. When I say Force I mean Vader can use it to sense himself being targeted or where shots will be coming from. He is not allowed to directly effect something that will happen to him or his opponent. Meaning no force pushing missiles away on defense and no force pushing aircraft themselves on offense.

*cough*...no expression

Kaibs
OH well **** there you have it. Vader just got gimped then big time. But he still dies after Iron Man does lol

Rogue Jedi
As I said, SS's biggest advantage here is his ability to transform in flight and latch onto Vaders TIE or the Slave I.

Darth Martin
OH well **** there you have it. Vader just got gimped then big time. But he still dies after Iron Man does lol What makes you think he could do the those things on defense considering neither him nor any other Force-sensitive has done those things on film.

Kaibs
The fact that he doesnt even have to use the force to deflect anything on defense theres other defensive things he can do

Rogue Jedi
OH well **** there you have it. Vader just got gimped then big time. But he still dies after Iron Man does lol Vader is forced to rely on his plioting skills rather than the force, how is he gimped?

Kaibs
He still has the force, but he isnt allowed to use it defensively. Thats how hes gimped. His pilot skills own all of the combatants thats not the debate.

Rogue Jedi
OK, well, the other guys dont have the force, so doesnt that totally even the playing field?

Kaibs
Starscream doesnt need the force. He wins this battle anyway. Vader is just in second place. And he has the weakest aircraft of the 3 who have aircrafts.

Rogue Jedi
Starscream, Ironman, then Vader or Jango.

Kaibs
Wrong. I am and always will stick to the statement that Iron Man goes down first. So replace Iron Man with Vader then Jango and you're right.

Rogue Jedi
Iron Man is too small for Vader to hit, plus he has the same advantage SS has, he can latch onto the TIE and rip the wings off.

Kaibs
To small for vader to hit? i've agreed he'd have the smallest chance to hit but he'd still get hit none the less. Vader would out manevour Iron Man. And keep in mind its a 4 way fight. Whos to say that all 3 wouldnt dispose of iron man to begin with.

XanatosForever
Iron Man is too small for Vader to hit, plus he has the same advantage SS has, he can latch onto the TIE and rip the wings off.

Not to mention Starscream wouldn't consider a puny little human in a tin suit to be a threat. He'd save him for last and proceed to break every bone in Stark's pathetic fleshy body.

Rogue Jedi
OK lets say it was a five way dogfight, and you are piloting say, an X Wing. Who would you target first? Out of your 4 opponents, what would be your preferred order of taking them out?

Kaibs
A 5 way fight? Lol why you adding things? or are you just asking for general purpose.

Rogue Jedi
No, I mean you are the 5th pilot, I want to know who you would make a top priority to take out first.

Kaibs
Do I know who tehse people are or is it we're all just thrown into the fray

Rogue Jedi
I'd target SS first. The IM. Vader and Jango would be secndary targets, unless I happen to get a shot at them.

Kaibs
If I know who they are. Then i'd kill Iron Man first easily. I know Iron Man would have all his lil tricks and what hes capable of. The others too, but I know they'd also be busy maybe attack each other at the same time. SS would be a group effort probably so it'd be dumb to go 1 on 1 with him in a X wing.

Rogue Jedi
SS would scare the shit outta me haermm

Darth Martin
SS would scare the shit outta me haermm He's a coward. Vader is by far the scariest here. wink

Rogue Jedi
dude, if I were chasing SS and he transformed from jet into robot, and said "gtfo" I'd be like "DUDE DONT TALK TO ME." haermm

Darth Martin
"One man's fear is another man's pleasure." devil

Besides if Starscream gives you any lip service and attitude just call Megatron. Then he reverts back to his mormal cowardly self. Try calling Sidious and see if that will calm Vader down.

Rogue Jedi
Seriously, man, he transforms and speaks in that Raze like voice...... *shivers*

Darth Martin
Starscream has the coolest cover form out of all the movie Transformers. Seriously F-22 Raptors are the shit. It's just his personality is lame and cowardly.

Rogue Jedi
LOVED it when he took on those jets in the first movie.

Darth Martin
Sure but he didn't do anything for me in the sequel. I just like when Bay shoots shots of him flying.

Rogue Jedi
When they are following him, the F22 targets him, and "Ghost him!!!"

The missile bounces off, he transforms, and tears the jet a new one rock

Kaibs
LOL.... if SS transformed before my vary eyes in the middle of battle I would go thats ****in cool and then proceed to keep trying to kill him. If you have fear in battle you're going to die anyway.

Darth Martin
When they are following him, the F22 targets him, and "Ghost him!!!"

The missile bounces off, he transforms, and tears the jet a new one rock I still hold to the opinion that Starscream was one of the jets who shot at Megatron at the end of the first film. It's in his character to do so. shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.