Mitsurugi vs. Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
After getting owned by Darth Vader, Mitsurugi flees to a village in shame. Link sees this depressed samurai and tries cheering him up. He suggests that they should do a sword fight. Unfortunatley Link doesn't have his Master Sword and Shield since they were destroyed when trying to prevent Nightmare from unleashing his evil across the lands. Mitsurugi hands Link his extra samurai sword (he has the extra just in case his first one got destroyed). The two are in an arena and begin to fight.

This is not a fight to the death. Just a friendly sword fight (although there will be cuts and bruises). No, Link does not have his bombs, arrows and magic so don't even try adding them in here.

Who will win?

C. C. Cowgirl!
laughing out loud I wuldn't exactly be ashamed to fall by the hands of Vader. I'd be damn proud to have survived.

Pure sword skills? Mitsurugi is more talented with the sword I dare say.

Phanteros
there is no shame in losing to Vader but the pride the fact that you even manage to escape his grip.

ScreamPaste
How would Link's mastersword get destroyed? Lol. How about he left it at home? :P

Anyway, what feats does Mitsurugi have?

Edit: without a damn good strength feat he's not breaking Link's skin with the sword. o.o

C. C. Cowgirl!
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/tactical_facepalm.jpg

You didn't even bother reading the description. Man you're quick at jumping the gun.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
How would Link's mastersword get destroyed? Lol. How about he left it at home? :P

Anyway, what feats does Mitsurugi have?

Edit: without a damn good strength feat he's not breaking Link's skin with the sword. o.o

Even if Link was resistant to blades the match isn't to the death. Simply beating your opponent and getting them in a death position would give you the win.

ScreamPaste
I did, he said there'd be cuts and bruises... How do you cut or bruise someone someone durable without strength?

Edit: @ Wei, K, how's he going to get Link into a death position?

C. C. Cowgirl!
It's a swordfight. Not a deathmatch.

ScreamPaste
I know. You didn't understand what I was saying. I never said they were going to kill each other, I'm saying you can bang something made of steel with a wooden stick for awhile and you're not winning. o.o

C. C. Cowgirl!
Why are you even bothering arguing a point irrelevant to the fight?

Burning thought
Thats not the point, all Mits has to do is get Link into a position that would kill him if he was made out of paper, like a sword to the throat or have link disarmed, etc etc

ScreamPaste
It's not irrelevant, you're assuming it's a scored match. Points for a touch? He never said that, he did say there'd be cuts and bruises, and that it was a friendly match. You can't make someone surrender of concede if you can't hurt them at all.

If it's a match with points for a touch, then I'll restructure my argument.

C. C. Cowgirl!
It's not irrelevant, you're assuming it's a scored match. Points for a touch? He never said that, he did say there'd be cuts and bruises, and that it was a friendly match. You can't make someone surrender of concede if you can't hurt them at all.

That post is not worthy my facepalm patrol.

ScreamPaste
You're assuming the fight is structured. Tell me when he said anythign more than it's not a death match? How will he get Link into a death position? Unless he's strong he can't even make Link life his chin. o_O

Wei Phoenix

If it's a match with points for a touch, then I'll restructure my argument.

You can parry someone trip them and point your sword to their throat and be declared the winner. What durability feats does Link have against piercing damage? Getting shot out of a cannon or getting hit by Ganon doesn't count. Mitsurugi's armor is durable enough to tank right through musket fire and he even blocks a bullet coming towards his face

Nemesis X
I did, he said there'd be cuts and bruises... How do you cut or bruise someone someone durable without strength?

Edit: @ Wei, K, how's he going to get Link into a death position?

I guess I should've said that there will probably be cuts and bruises.

Wei Phoenix
You're assuming the fight is structured. Tell me when he said anythign more than it's not a death match? How will he get Link into a death position? Unless he's strong he can't even make Link life his chin. o_O

Doesn't take strength to parry or counter or simply dodge and raise the blade to their throats.

ScreamPaste
Peircing damage? All that means is PSI over a small area. Basic physics.

How will he trip Link without sufficient strength?

C. C. Cowgirl!

He states it's a friendly sword fight and it's done to cheer Mitsurugi up. It's not supposed to be about one forcing the other to submission, defeat or death. It's about besting them in swordsmanship. That's what a swordfight is.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Doesn't take strength to parry or counter or simply dodge and raise the blade to their throats. Yes it does. Except for the last one, which onyl requires speed, but to actively deflect a blow from Link Mits would need to be very strong, to block he'd have to be very strong, to even force Link to move at all, would require some form of strength feat that puts him above human.

Then how will the winner be decided? You're assumign that point, is all I'm saying. o_O

Wei Phoenix
Peircing damage? All that means is PSI over a small area. Basic physics.

How will he trip Link without sufficient strength?

Don't dodge the question What piercing damage feats do he have?

So Link is The Juggernaut now? He can't be moved or anything?

Wei Phoenix
Yes it does. Except for the last one, which onyl requires speed, but to actively deflect a blow from Link Mits would need to be very strong, to block he'd have to be very strong, to even force Link to move at all, would require some form of strength feat that puts him above human.

Then how will the winner be decided? You're assumign that point, is all I'm saying. o_O

Weaker people can counter and parry people who are considerably stronger. All you have to do is redirect their momentum.

ScreamPaste
K, you go redirect a freight train with a stick, Wei, tell me how it goes? o_o

And he's not the juggernaut, but he's not being moved by someone without some decent strength, I'd like to see a feat. That is not an unreasonable request. Why is everyone telling me I'm jumping the gun when all I want is some showing of strength so I vcan eveluate the match?

C. C. Cowgirl!

By besting the other in terms of skill. Don't you watch movies? mmm

WO Polaski

And he's not the juggernaut, but he's not being moved by someone without some decent strength, I'd like to see a feat. That is not an unreasonable request. Why is everyone telling me I'm jumping the gun when all I want is some showing of strength so I vcan eveluate the match?

link weighs less then two hundred pounds. he can have the strength and durability of precrisis superman and that wont change anything. he has human weight so he can be moved pretty easily.

ScreamPaste
o.o Skill is very important, but Strength and agility and reaction time are /also worth note/. I'm just curious about where Mtis stands against Link physicly? Because Link's very strong and durable, and Mits would need to be atleast a little impressive to compete simply because of that.

It's not unreasonable to ask for a feat. =/

Wei Phoenix

That's a fail example right there because the sword Link is using has no strength properties nor does he get his gauntlets. People in media like games and comics have redirected blows that rival a freight train.

You have still yet to provide any piercing damage feats. I've said he is durable enough to run right through musket fire and he even deflects one coming straight at his face.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by WO Polaski
link weighs less then two hundred pounds. he can have the strength and durability of precrisis superman and that wont change anything. he has human weight so he can be moved pretty easily.

Ding ding ding!

C. C. Cowgirl!
It's not unreasonable to ask for a feat. =/

Are you asking for a swordsmanship feat?

DaOne
Mit wins. More skill I say.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Yeah, I'd say he has more skills as well.

ScreamPaste
A strength feat.

@WO, yeah it's possible to move Link if he doesn't resist, but the onyl possility Mits has without being very strong is to lift Link off his feet, otherwise Link simply plants his feet and he's not going any farther then you can slide somethign that weighs as much as he does across the ground. Good luck even making his ankle twitch, infact. He could simply lift Mits and Mits has no traction or anchorage to apply force from. Strength /is/ an advantage.

@Wei, it's not specificed with Link it is.

More skill with a katana? Likely, Link's never used one. That said, he seems preternaturally skilled with any weapon he picks up, able to nail an inch thick pole in Kakariko village from about a half mile within moments of getting a bow.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Damage feat (Although irrelevant to the thread purpose):
HRu34EspXEE

DaOne
I really should play the game more because I don't know how to do any of that lol. Maybe I'll play online tomorow.

ScreamPaste
K, Mits can set someone on fire. o.o I wish I could do that.

DaOne
Don't we all.

ScreamPaste
It's probably a good thing I can't, I'd use it to be a ****.

That said, Link can walk on freshly solidified magma So he might just get upset his clothes are on fire.

Wei Phoenix
Still waiting on those piercing damage feats.

ScreamPaste
Still waiting for any evidence Mits can generate enough PSI for it to be worth mentioning?

Wei Phoenix
Still waiting for any evidence Mits can generate enough PSI for it to be worth mentioning?

What are you talking about? It's very much different from blunt damage like Kenshiro who is incredibly durable and more durable than Link, but he still get's cut and pierced by arrows and Nanto Seiken. This is a video game not the real world.

C. C. Cowgirl!
K, Mits can set someone on fire. o.o I wish I could do that.

It's his sword slashes that sets him on fire. I don't know the proper science for what it takes to set something on fire with a slash. I hoped someone else knew.

DaOne
What are you talking about? It's very much different from blunt damage like Kenshiro who is incredibly durable and more durable than Link, but he still get's cut and pierced by arrows and Nanto Seiken. This is a video game not the real world.

For real?

Anyway Mit avoids his attacks and deflects them until he puts him in a position where he can kill Link.

ScreamPaste
It'd just take a lot of friction. And if I remember right, the SC characters have supernatural powers. Soul charges and such.

@DaOne deflects? Lol. No.

@Wei K, you want me to math some peircing force? I'll be back in a minute.

Wei Phoenix
I don't want you to show me anythign from the real world. I want you to show me something in the game. Show me him taking a sword, an arrow or something. We are debating in the video game world not the real world so your math is useless here.

DaOne
Deflects using momentum sure.

Wei Phoenix
Also Mitsurugi is purely human no powers or magic.

C. C. Cowgirl!
That particular move is all Mitsurugi. No soul powers. It's merely a critical finish that he put to use when the enemy is caught without guard.

ScreamPaste
Wrong. |: The whole point of these debates is to take them out of the game world and debate who would win.

@C.C. I'm reading up on Mits. Know what Vader's cape is made of? It'd help me figure out how much friction was applied.

Go defelct a freight train with a stick? |:

C. C. Cowgirl!
I don't know. Durasteel maybe? Star Wars isn't my master subject.

ScreamPaste
Mine either :P Lol.

DaOne
You can do those moves to anyone can't you. Doesn't that take away the science of it?

C. C. Cowgirl!
What?

ScreamPaste
True. O_o Last I checked Mits can soul charge too, there has to be something else going on here. I'm gonna read up on it. It's all very vague.. lol

C. C. Cowgirl!
That's not a soul power. That's a critical finish when they drop their guard. You can use it when your soul gauge is at zero. It does NOT require soul energy.

Wei Phoenix
True. O_o Last I checked Mits can soul charge too, there has to be something else going on here. I'm gonna read up on it. It's all very vague.. lol

That's from SC4 and there are no soul charges at all in SC4.

NemeBro
ScreamPaste, you are aware that Link was knocked off his horse and stunned by those two fairies in the beginning of Majora's Mask right?

Two little fairies were able to physically harm Link.

Lol.

ScreamPaste
Can anyone direct me to a character profile for Mits that mentions his capabilities at all?

Wei Phoenix
Wrong. |: The whole point of these debates is to take them out of the game world and debate who would win.

@C.C. I'm reading up on Mits. Know what Vader's cape is made of? It'd help me figure out how much friction was applied.

Go defelct a freight train with a stick? |:

No you're wrong. Show me something that states he has piercing resistance.

ScreamPaste
Peircing is just a nexpression of PSI over a small surface area. Show a strength feat for Mits?

Wei Phoenix
Peircing is just a nexpression of PSI over a small surface area. Show a strength feat for Mits?

He cuts people with his sword you saw his CF, but instead of arguing on feats you use real world math to show he can take something he hasn' been shown to take. Give me a feat not math.

NemeBro
Mitsurugi's only real feat I know of is a speed one. Deflecting a bullet and whatnot.

ScreamPaste
K, Link either has been stabbed by Ganon who's a 1000+ tonner and survived or never been hit by Ganon at all, in which case Mits won't land a shot either.

Pick one. He has been under 3543958577.1118 joules of force when he threw a stone pillar, which would be applied over the surface of his hands. He's been inside the moon when ti was destroyedand been totally unharmed, and has been fired out of a cannon in the sky at the ground. So on and so forth.

NemeBro
Ganon is not as fast as a bullet.

Wei Phoenix
K, Link either has been stabbed by Ganon who's a 1000+ tonner and survived or never been hit by Ganon at all, in which case Mits won't land a shot either.

Pick one. He has been under 3543958577.1118 joules of force when he threw a stone pillar, which would be applied over the surface of his hands. He's been inside the moon when ti was destroyedand been totally unharmed, and has been fired out of a cannon in the sky at the ground. So on and so forth.

None of that is piercing damage though and when has Ganon lifted over 1000 tons and you're arguing on assumptions no real facts or feats. As I said Kenshiro could take all of that damage too but he can still get pierced by arrows, wind and swords.

NemeBro
when has Ganon lifted over 1000 tons Link is that strong, Ganon is stronger than Link.

ScreamPaste
Wei, you're not making sense. The only way that would make sense is if Kenshiro were made of rubber or something, and even that has a very reasonable limit, you can still pulverise flexible materials with enough force, because all it is is PSI. Basic. Physics.

They're all feats. Use 'em or don't debate.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Link is that strong, Ganon is stronger than Link.

Well then see this post to counter that.

Ganon is not as fast as a bullet.

NemeBro
Well then see this post to counter that. What does that have to do with anything?

Wei Phoenix
Wei, you're not making sense. The only way that would make sense is if Kenshiro were made of rubber or something, and even that has a very reasonable limit, you can still pulverise flexible materials with enough force, because all it is is PSI. Basic. Physics.

They're all feats. Use 'em or don't debate.

No he's not rubber, he's purely human. He has huge ass rocks broken over his head and lifts rocks as big as Link did without gauntlets and he can still be cut. Piercing damage is different from blunt which is different from explosive which is different from energy based attacks and so forth.

Wei Phoenix
What does that have to do with anything?

well I thought you meant him dodging Ganon does not mean he can dodge Mitsurugi who easily blocks and reacted to a bullet.

ScreamPaste
Wei, that doesn't make sense. The only difference between crushing and peircing is PSI. A baseball can be pericing with enough force behind it.

Slashing has the additional effect of shearing, but it still very dependant on PSI.

NemeBro
Yes but you did so in a fashion that seemed to be trying to counter me.

Does Link get his shield?

Wei Phoenix
Wei, that doesn't make sense. The only difference between crushing and peircing is PSI. A baseball can be pericing with enough force behind it.

Slashing has the additional effect of shearing, but it still very dependant on PSI.

Obviously not in video games, anime and comics.

ScreamPaste
Nah, the original poster gave Link a ****ign katana D:<

@Wei, and we take them out of their fictional context for the purposes of a realistic debate.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Mitsurugi's only real feat I know of is a speed one. Deflecting a bullet and whatnot.

There's the friction thingie. His reaction against Setsuka. The bullet thing. Stalemating Taki with one hand. That'd be Mitsurugi out of the blue.

Wei Phoenix
Yes but you did so in a fashion that seemed to be trying to counter me.

Does Link get his shield?

My bad then.

No Link gets no gadgets or shield. Just a katana.

NemeBro
Does Link get the Golden Gauntlets?

C. C. Cowgirl!
Irrelevant, but no. Not specified.

ScreamPaste
He gets no boms, arrows, or magic. He left his sword and sheild elsewhere or something.

So, I vote Link straps on the iron boots. [:<

The Link hasn't been specified at all yet, Nemebro, I've been assuming TP Link because he's the one who gets the most time on these forums.

But gauntlets were not mentioned as excluded in the OP.

NemeBro
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
Irrelevant, but no. Not specified. Irrelevant?

If he had them, Mitsurugi would be UNABLE to block Link's attacks, and would shatter Mitsurugi's sword and cut him in half with one swing. And Mitsurugi has some decent reactions, able to block a bullet, although it was from a flintlock rifle, which does not put them on soundspeed, but he would as I said not be able to handle Link's strength and his reaction-time would not avail him.

It is VERY relevant.

Without the gauntlets, Link loses.

ScreamPaste
The gauntlets have no yet been mentioned as in or out, and I thought it was TP Link. D:<

What we do know is out; Spells, arrows, bombs, sword/sheild.

NemeBro
The gauntlets have no yet been mentioned as in or out, and I thought it was TP Link. D:<

What we do know is out; Spells, arrows, bombs, sword/sheild. I assume out, but if it is TP Link, he wins, being the most naturally physically adept Link yet.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Irrelevant?

If he had them, Mitsurugi would be UNABLE to block Link's attacks, and would shatter Mitsurugi's sword and cut him in half with one swing. And Mitsurugi has some decent reactions, able to block a bullet, although it was from a flintlock rifle, which does not put them on soundspeed, but he would as I said not be able to handle Link's strength and his reaction-time would not avail him.

It is VERY relevant.

Without the gauntlets, Link loses.

From my understanding, this thread is about gauging their talent. Not their gear. A friendly swordfight.

NemeBro
From my understanding, this thread is about gauging their talent. Not their gear. A friendly swordfight. True.

But if it is TP Link, what I said above happens.

ScreamPaste
And from what I understand, no scoring system is in place, Link could disarm Mits and win without killing him.

Nemesis X
From my understanding, this thread is about gauging their talent. Not their gear. A friendly swordfight.

You're correct.

ScreamPaste
Which Link is it? And is /all/ gear out? or just what you listed?

Nemesis X
Which Link is it? And is /all/ gear out? or just what you listed?

I guess it can be Twilight Link. Yes, all the gear is gone. Link only has a katana that Mitsurugi gave him.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I guess it can be Twilight Link. Yes, all the gear is gone. Link only has a katana that Mitsurugi gave him.

We have an instant winnar.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I guess it can be Twilight Link. TYME 4 MITSURUGI'S RAEP.

C. C. Cowgirl!
As I've said before, I deem Mitsurugi the most talented with sword of the two.

NemeBro
TP Link is also the most talented swordsman of the Links.

He is far too strong and durable for Mitsurugi to beat, that is why he wins.

C. C. Cowgirl!
This isn't a real fight. His durability is irrelevant, and his strength near so.

ScreamPaste
Strength is FAR from irrelevant, Mits cannot manipulate Link, or parry at all.

NemeBro
Then this fight is based on the premise that TP Link will do nothing the entire fight.

Because he cannot swing a sword at Mitsurugi without killing him.

Phanteros
this sad if link can't fight without killing Mitsurugi

C. C. Cowgirl!
As far as I've understood it, they could be fighting an illusion of eachother with strength on par with their own. The purpose isn't who is the most dangerous, strongest or whatever. It's who is most talented with their sword. They could strike air for all that the purpose of the thread cares, for as long as their strikes are gauged against eachothers in terms of swordsmanship skills.

ScreamPaste
Link basicly masters any weapon he picks up, it's like a staple of the series. o.o Within moments of gettign the bow in TP he can peg an inch thick wooden rod at about a half mile.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Proves capable of wielding and mastering are two very different things.

ScreamPaste
o_O that kind of a shot /is/ mastering. I'm sorry o_o;

C. C. Cowgirl!
Pity this is not bow, but sword. And it's mastering the bow as a weapon, and not necessarily that particular bow. I've shot with bow once in my life. During that first attempt, I could bullseye the target. And I'm not superhuman like Link.

You're saying I can match an elite Samurai if I find a sword, thanks to me proving competent with bow the first time I tried it?

ScreamPaste
You're missing the point, Link's been mastering weapons as soon as he gets them for most of the series. It's his thing.

And you're a better archer than many professionals if that was at any reasonable distance, then.

NemeBro
Link was already a proficient swordsman at the beginning of TP. By the end, he was a master from his training with that one dead guy.

Phanteros
link use mortal draw and ends the fight.

C. C. Cowgirl!
You're missing the point, Link's been mastering weapons as soon as he gets them for most of the series. It's his thing.

And you're a better archer than many professionals if that was at any reasonable distance, then.

So what put's him above Mitsurugi? I hope not just the fact that he's good with any weapon he pick up.

Only a couple of meters, really. And I'm not talking point zero, but I am talking the black zone.

NemeBro
So what put's him above Mitsurugi? I hope not just the fact that he's good with any weapon he pick up.

Only a couple of meters, really. And I'm not talking point zero, but I am talking the black zone. 1. Dunno. What puts Mitsurugi above Link? Cannot remember.

2. A couple of meters is only 6.5 feet...

C. C. Cowgirl!
Meh, around 4-5 meters I guess.

VtVDUZYYfkE

89jWq3Cd6bU

Not saying he's a sword God, but he's no amateur. I'm just curious what Link has above that.

Phanteros
skjQCLliOFw

all of Link's hidden skills

Phanteros
oh the guy in that trained link theses skills where Oot Link.

ScreamPaste
I KEEP SAYIN' THAT, no one listens. D:

C. C. Cowgirl!
I've been listening. The thing is, you saying that has in no way convinced me. I've wanted something to rest my eyes on.

Phanteros
here's mortal draw in action. its a very quick move capable of instant killing an opponent(except bosses because it isn't available but you can use it on Ganon to stun him and drastically bring his health down).

A4saenrCJF8

First_Tsurugi06
I KEEP SAYIN' THAT, no one listens. D:

Because it's not true.

Phanteros
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Because it's not true. if you look at his dialogue it is heavy implied that it is Oot link. he even knows the hero tunic and the famous Spin Attack.

First_Tsurugi06
Every ethereal cahracter knows about the hero first of all, and not to mention Orca from WW was more than aware of the Spin Attack, and I don't think anyone's going to dismiss him as a previous hero.

WO Polaski
@WO, yeah it's possible to move Link if he doesn't resist, but the onyl possility Mits has without being very strong is to lift Link off his feet, otherwise Link simply plants his feet and he's not going any farther then you can slide somethign that weighs as much as he does across the ground. Good luck even making his ankle twitch, infact. He could simply lift Mits and Mits has no traction or anchorage to apply force from. Strength /is/ an advantage.

planting your feet doesnt make you heavier.

in fact no amount of strength can you make harder to lift unless you use your arms as leverage to push yourself down. "planting your feet" doesnt make you harder to lift nor move.

ScreamPaste
It makes you harder to push, and like I said, Mits would have to /lift/ Link to move him any meaningful distance, and if he does that, Link simply lifts Mits and Mits cannot overpower him, and has no anchorage or traction. =/

Really you just agreed with me without realising it. Mits could only move Link as much as he could push something Link's weight across the ground, unless he lifts. in terms of sword fighting, Mits is /not/ lifting Link anyway.

Q'Anilia
Not true. Your position on the ground is only as firm as your shoes and weight. Anyone on this forum (Assuming we're all above the age of thirteen) can move Link without much strain.

No amount of strength makes the grip of your shoes to the ground any stronger.

ScreamPaste
I'm not saying it does, I'm saying Mits could only move Link as far as he could push something of Link's weight, unless he tried to lift Link, which he's not going to do in a sword fight.

As for actually pushing Link over, or tripping him? Not going to happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.