Shouldn't he have dissapeared?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



steverules_2
After Vader or Anakin, shouldn't his body have dissapeared since he became a force ghost? Dunno if Luke burned Anakins body or just burned his armour...guessing the body in the armour...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I think he just burned the armor...

I found out somewhere that originally, that scene wasn't supposed to have any real meaning - Luke was just burning the armor and thinking about stuff; it wasn't really anything like Qui-Gon's funeral thing. Luke was just burning the armor because Anakin already disappeared into the Force....

steverules_2
I don't get why it took so long, soon as Obi Wan was hit by Vaders Sabre he dissapeared, soon as yoda passed away from old age he dissapeared

Jaeh.is.Awesome
maybe he passed into a coma first or something?

maybe he didn't actually die then and there. maybe he just passed out and never woke up.

steverules_2
Pretty sure he died sly

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I know, i know, but..

hm, maybe the Force didn't have enough reception on the Death Star or something.

steverules_2
Obi Wan became a force Ghost when he died on a fully completed Death Star, he dissapeared as soon as vader's sabre touched him

Jaeh.is.Awesome
not enough Force reception, like a dead cellphone signal. I stand by that. hah.

or maybe he's slower in disappearing because he was once corrupted by the dark side, or something like that.

steverules_2
Once he threw Palpatine over the edge I think he was fully good...he'd bought balance to the force and all that

Jaeh.is.Awesome
okay... er, maybe he disappeared after Luke quickly put the armor back together before leaving the DS2?

steverules_2
Maybe but...there was no real point in burning the armor then

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well, just think of it in terms of respect. you don't really want to sell something for scrap because that guy don't need it anymore 'cause he died. and luke trying to sell vader's armor would be just, funny (although would probably turn up a rather good amount of profit). Or, it could also be that if luke threw it away, someone might put it on and declare he's DV.

you never really know what one might do with that heap of armor, so i guess luke just decided to burn it. *shrug* it is kinda the symbol of some of the evil in the galaxy, so why not burn it to ashes, eh?

steverules_2
Dunno if someone would put it on and start pretending to vader, if he was burning his dad then it wouldn't surprise me though cause I doubt he could get vader out of the armor

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well, you never know.

i still kind of remember reading about luke just burning the armor, and anakin disappearing into the Force. I think I'll look for it in a bit.

steverules_2
Still confused why he didn't dissapear straight away like he should have done

Jaeh.is.Awesome
plothole?

steverules_2
Seriously though, yoda dissapeared straight away and that was in ROTJ

sweersa
Originally posted by steverules_2
Still confused why he didn't dissapear straight away like he should have done

It was more dramatic.

Like in real life, some people die faster.

steverules_2
I woulda thought that after he died though he woulda just dissapeared...like he was dead but he didn't dissapear, so some people die faster...do some jedi take a little longer to disspear?

sweersa
Originally posted by steverules_2
I woulda thought that after he died though he woulda just dissapeared...like he was dead but he didn't dissapear, so some people die faster...do some jedi take a little longer to disspear?

Seems so. We never really learn about this in the movies so we can come up with our own conclusions.

Plus Yoda died differently, it was an old dead where he slipped away slowly, Obi-Wan took a blow to the head or whatever, fast death.

steverules_2
After Yoda was gone he seemed to dissapear quite quick. Vader seemed to not dissapear we didn't see him to dissapear so we dunno if vaders body was burnt or if it was just the armor. Tbh I think the smart thing to do was show him dissapear but I guess they didn't show because they wanted to make it surprise at the end like 'wow Anakins a force ghost now, everythings ok.' How come they changed the ending of ROTJ to Hayden being the force ghost?

sweersa
Originally posted by steverules_2
After Yoda was gone he seemed to dissapear quite quick. Vader seemed to not dissapear we didn't see him to dissapear so we dunno if vaders body was burnt or if it was just the armor. Tbh I think the smart thing to do was show him dissapear but I guess they didn't show because they wanted to make it surprise at the end like 'wow Anakins a force ghost now, everythings ok.' How come they changed the ending of ROTJ to Hayden being the force ghost?

Vader's Armor was intact but his body likely went away, but it all depends if he did the thing to make him vanish. Remember not all Jedi vanish.

They put Hayden in because, well, no one but George knows.

steverules_2
I know Qui Gon didn't but i don't think he became a force ghost...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
he became a force ghost - he's the one who thought it to Yoda. he was supposed to show up in ROTS, i think, but georgie boy cut him. *annoyed*

Ryo 666
Not all jedi's disappear, they didn't in the prequels, maybe its choice.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Ryo 666
Not all jedi's disappear, they didn't in the prequels, maybe its choice.

Yeah but none of those jedi were really main characters

Jaeh.is.Awesome
hm. I guess the force was a little late in taking back anakin.

steverules_2
Why would it be? He had just sacrificed himself to bring balance to the force and to save his son

Jaeh.is.Awesome
maybe it was busy... >>.

okay, well this is obviously either one of those Lucas plotholes, or maybe it was just done for dramatic effect.

steverules_2
Maybe but Luke had said goodbye to his father, they'd both shared little moment he coulda just dissapeared after that since he was dead

Jaeh.is.Awesome
then its a plothole.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
then its a plothole.

One that shoulda been noticed since Yoda died in the same movie

Jaeh.is.Awesome
true.

I've never really thought much about it until now..

steverules_2
I never thought much about until the day I made the thread, was a plothole that I guess was easy to miss erm

Jaeh.is.Awesome
yeah. you just get caught in the scene and not notice the huge-ish plothole.

steverules_2
It is quite a big one, I know people could think it was the force but the force isn't exactly like a signal that can be blocked erm Plus Obi Wan disappearing on the first death star is an example

Jaeh.is.Awesome
indeed. but its one of those things that you could just tsay "Its the will of the Force" and let it go... >>.

steverules_2
Well Anakin was very powerful, he had more...i can't spell them but he had alot of it, he must be powerful if he's the one who can bring balance to the force and yet....I woulda thought the 'will of the force' was strong with him

coolmovies
I think it was his armor that stopped him from dissapearring .

steverules_2
How?

Ryo 666
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah but none of those jedi were really main characters

If it only happens to main character then its pointless asking.

If a character doesn't dissapear because their not important enough to the writer/director then maybe he didn't dissapear because the writer didn't feel like it.

If your taking away the story part of it you have to take away the story part for all conclusions.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Ryo 666
If it only happens to main character then its pointless asking.

If a character doesn't dissapear because their not important enough to the writer/director then maybe he didn't dissapear because the writer didn't feel like it.

If your taking away the story part of it you have to take away the story part for all conclusions.

But there's actually reasons for them not dissapearing, plus we don't for a fact that they didn't...some may have. Story or not vader should have dissapeared.

Ryo 666
Well film writers aren't always consistent. Besides maybe he did when he died. Then that's how Luke got the armour on the ship.

steverules_2
He could still get it on with vader in the suit, he was right by the ship and I'm sure he coulda just force pushed daddy's limp burned up metal ass onto the ship or something

sweersa
Originally posted by steverules_2
He could still get it on with vader in the suit

Eww, with a dead man?

Originally posted by steverules_2
Story or not vader should have dissapeared.

Maybe he did.

steverules_2
Originally posted by sweersa
Eww, with a dead man?



Maybe he did.

Yes, Luke is a necrophiliac


Maybe but it's never really shown and I reckon it should have been something that happened

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by steverules_2
Well Anakin was very powerful, he had more...i can't spell them but he had alot of it, he must be powerful if he's the one who can bring balance to the force and yet....I woulda thought the 'will of the force' was strong with him

...midi-chlorians... big grin

wth, we're talking about necrophilia now? O.o

steverules_2
It's the SW section, subjects always change here

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I know. stick out tongue

but..necrophilia? O.o and incest, apparently. what's with you guys and incest? stick out tongue

steverules_2
Seems both are a big part of the Star Wars universe

Jaeh.is.Awesome
where did necrophilia come from?

Obi-Wan didn't do something with Qui-Gon's body before they burned it, right? ermm

queeq
Watch the BluRay edition of TPM... wink

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Watch the BluRay edition of TPM... wink

They have one? lol I wish.

steverules_2
Now i know why yoda and Obi Wan dissapeared...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...geez, lol stick out tongue

disturbing. so many people in star wars died, does that also mean.... O.O

steverules_2
Sure...

Mairuzu
Mace disappeared right out a window

steverules_2
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Mace disappeared right out a window

Thanks to Sidious charging him up more than a duracell

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
They have one? lol I wish.

Nah, they have to make the necessary modifications first. Add stuff, take good stuff away, ya know.. the usual.

steverules_2
The wonder that is Blu-ray

queeq
No, the wonder that is Lucasfilm.

steverules_2
Originally posted by queeq
No, the wonder that is Lucasfilm.

I guess so...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...is lucasfilm screwing with us that much?

steverules_2
Depends...juast ask yourself have they screwed with the Star Wars films?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
i guess that is a yes.

well, I'll be darned.

steverules_2
See...you had the answer all the answer all that time

queeq
And steve showed you the way.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
rephrase: do we really hate lucasfilm that much?

sweersa
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
rephrase: do we really hate lucasfilm that much?

Of course not.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
so, essentially, we're blinded even if they're screwing with us?

queeq
I don't hate LF, I'm just disappointed.

steverules_2
I'm disappointed in the fans...it's like 'oh look at this re-release of ESB, boba now has two buttons where there used to be one' and the fans will buy it, they don't care that Lucas has gone and ass raped a perfectly good film. I like the old graphics, I like that boba had one button rather than two (metaphorically speaking) and all I really care about is the storyline.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
its all about making it look better to target new audiences at the risk of older ones...

steverules_2
I'm pretty sure thats what Jar Jar Binks and the PY were for, when I saw ep 3 I had kids behind me annoying me though out the whole thing..I'd have rather had darth vader and some stormtroopers...least they woulda shut up erm

Jaeh.is.Awesome
because they're scared out of there wits and when they get out of the theatre they'd be screaming how awesome it was?

sweersa
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm disappointed in the fans...it's like 'oh look at this re-release of ESB, boba now has two buttons where there used to be one' and the fans will buy it, they don't care that Lucas has gone and ass raped a perfectly good film. I like the old graphics, I like that boba had one button rather than two (metaphorically speaking) and all I really care about is the storyline.

+1 Totally agree man. There were so many variations in the original story, new ones that were in the special editions naturally happened.

steverules_2
Originally posted by sweersa
+1 Totally agree man. There were so many variations in the original story, new ones that were in the special editions naturally happened.

I never buy the special editions, I got a special edition of ANH with original and the edited movie, I got it cause unfortunately my original video of ANH broke glare but I still have my VHS of ESB and ROTJ big grin

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
because they're scared out of there wits and when they get out of the theatre they'd be screaming how awesome it was?

Kids were annoying cause every lightsabre fight they'd have some orgasm over it...when Yoda climbed onto chewbacca they basically had a seizure over how funny it was erm sure it was funny but not THAT funny

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by steverules_2
Kids were annoying cause every lightsabre fight they'd have some orgasm over it...when Yoda climbed onto chewbacca they basically had a seizure over how funny it was erm sure it was funny but not THAT funny

kids have orgasms? ermm

...it was funny? I thought it was pretty sad - I was sort of caught in the moment that the clones were trying to kill the jedi.

I was one of the people oogling at the movie and staring with complete and focused attention.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
kids have orgasms? ermm

...it was funny? I thought it was pretty sad - I was sort of caught in the moment that the clones were trying to kill the jedi.

I was one of the people oogling at the movie and staring with complete and focused attention.

It's my way of saying a little over-excited wink

See thats what I wanted...people who were quiet and said nowt...buuut nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! When Yoda was taking down clone troopers they were all like 'Yeah! Go Yoda!!' when yoda was sad it was a long 'awwwwwwwwwww!'

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by steverules_2
It's my way of saying a little over-excited wink

See thats what I wanted...people who were quiet and said nowt...buuut nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! When Yoda was taking down clone troopers they were all like 'Yeah! Go Yoda!!' when yoda was sad it was a long 'awwwwwwwwwww!'

I know. stick out tongue

...what is that, a cute kiddie action film?

oh. wait. it sorta is, isn't it?

steverules_2
It's a kiddie movie where the kiddie's should shut up and be quiet so that everyone else can enjoy the movie

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...kids would have a problem with that. stick out tongue

steverules_2
That can all be sorted with me and a low grade beaver traquilizer

queeq
Beaver tranquiliser... ?????????

steverules_2
Yes

queeq
Where's the fun in that?

steverules_2
Well what would you use?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
smoke the place with a sleeping agent so you can enjoy it with silence.

steverules_2
The smoke may make the screen a little...hard to see

queeq
Details.

steverules_2
about what?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...rent the whole place only for yourself?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
...rent the whole place only for yourself?

That'd cost more than my ticket by..well...alot

Jaeh.is.Awesome
go Vader on them!

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Silence is golden, duct tape is silver. The ushers can rip it off when they come by to do the sweeping.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...tie them to the chairs too, to lessen the standing up and going from one end of the cinema to another.

steverules_2
When I went to see spiderman 3 there was a kid dressed in a black spiderman costume crawling all up the stairs and he was loud as well

queeq
Did ya shoot him?

steverules_2
If I'd had a gun....

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...horrible.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
god you must live in the land of the @ss and the home of the [email protected]

steverules_2
messed riiiiiiight

Jaeh.is.Awesome
that bad?

steverules_2
I'm guessing that living the 'land of @ss and home of [email protected]' is generally a bad thing

sweersa
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
god you must live in the land of the @ss and the home of the [email protected]

Borderline offensive.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
that's what i'd call my town if every time i went to the theater there were a bunch of assfags ruining everything.

sweersa
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
assfags

?

steverules_2
I finally got my POTF millennium falcon today and it's awesome awesome My collection of Star wars is growing


I guess I coulda just turned round and said 'shut it ass [email protected] or else next time santa comes down the chimney he'll be carrying a shot gun and different kinda list!'

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by steverules_2
I finally got my POTF millennium falcon today and it's awesome awesome My collection of Star wars is growing


I guess I coulda just turned round and said 'shut it ass [email protected] or else next time santa comes down the chimney he'll be carrying a shot gun and different kinda list!' mhm that's what i would have done.

steverules_2
Thing is if I'd done that the only problem would be they might start crying and that may be even more annoying sad Just can't win...unless I gave them drinks with a sleep pill of some kind erm Knowing my luck they snore glare

Jaeh.is.Awesome
star wars mousepads ftw.

*Sigh* they don't work properly with optical mouses (mice?) though. any suggestions?

steverules_2
Don't use a star wars mouse pad or...don't you a mouse big grin

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...what am i gonna with the mousepads, then? hang 'em on my wall?

steverules_2
Whatever you wanna do with them

coolmovies
When Vader re-embraced the light side of the Force, his organic body dematerialized and became one with the Force

steverules_2
I woulda thought that had happened once he through the emperor over the rail and down the shaft...

When he died he should have just dissapeared, he had bought balance to the force and embraced the force already...

Incanus
He burned his armor and prosthetic limbs, as they didnt dissolve. he flesh and crap was already gone.

steverules_2
That doesn't exactly slow down his dissapearing erm

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by steverules_2
Maybe but...there was no real point in burning the armor then

Makes a beter cenematic, emotional scene, yada yada. Odds are, we aren't supposed to think about it.

There's alot of things in Star Wars that If I try to think about, my head just hurts. Like Vader not dissapearing, or how he even learned to return from the netherworld of the force. however the second one made sence before this scene was created:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7zOiRNkoI&feature=related

(Just go to 2:51 if you want it quicker) I must know who taught him that trick...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.