Best Performances

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hugekent
Heath Ledger and Robert Downey Jr's respective performances as comic book characters recently have been in my opinion, excellent. What others do you think are either perfect portrayals of characters or maybe an actor's own take on a character which worked out well.

One I really liked was Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta. It probably wasn't a spot on portrayal, but his voice work was just perfect.

jcvaldez
I have to agree with you on Robert Downey Jr's performance. It was fabulous!

Indestructible
I have a list!

Christopher Reeves as Superman

Thomas Jane as The Punisher

Jackie Earl Haley as Rorshach

Jeffery Dean Morgan as The Comedian

Michael Keaton as Batman

Edward Norton as The Hulk

Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man

Heath Ledger as The Joker

and Brandon Lee as The Crow

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Indestructible

Michael Keaton as Batman

In my opinion, he was a poor Bruce Wayne, but to date, the best Batman.

Indestructible
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
In my opinion, he was a poor Bruce Wayne, but to date, the best Batman.

agreed. I also like Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man! and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

jcvaldez
agreed. I also like Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man! and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

I'll agree with you that Hugh Jackman is a great Wolverine. But Toby Maguire was terrible as Spiderman! Topher Grace should have been Spiderman

Darth Martin
I have a list!

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent

Wesley Snipes as Blade

Jackie Earl Haley as Rorshach

Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man

Heath Ledger as The Joker

BruceSkywalker
Downey, jr Tony Stark/Iron Man

Tobey Maguire Peter Parker/SWpidey

Christian Bale Bruce Wayne/Batman

Heath Ledger The Joker

PRAYERRUN
Heath Ledger was wonderful as The Joker. Christain Bale was alright as Batman but I honestly loved Batman Forever's Batman.

Davis Bloome
Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Aaron Eckhart, Jack Nicholson, Willem Dafoe, Christopher Reeve, Robert Downey Jr., Ed Norton, Michelle Pieffer (sp?), Alfred Molina, Tobey Maguire, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, Tim Roth, Cillian Murphy, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Ray Stevenson, & Brandon Lee are all people who have pulled off great performances. Yes, some have been better than others but they all did great in their respective roles. Of course this list could've ended up being much longer, but I had to stop it somewhere.

BruceSkywalker
Chris Reeve as well, Wesley Snipes

Philosophía
Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight.

Christian Bale in Batman Begins.

Aaron Eckhart in The Dark Knight

Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta

Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man

and of course,

Tobey Maguire as 'dark Spidey' in Spiderman 3.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr Freeze in Batman & Robin.

hugekent
I'll throw in Mickey Rourke as Marv in Sin City.

kgkg
My top two in no specific order
Robert Downey Jr - Tony Strak/Iron Man
Heath Ledger - Joker

Symmetric Chaos
Edward Norton as Banner/Hulk
Robert Downey Jr as Stark
Ledger as Joker

. . . others

Shaq as Steel no expression

jcvaldez
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Edward Norton as Banner/Hulk
Ledger as Joker

. . . others

Shaq as Steel no expression

Ha!

Kazenji

SnakeEyes
Ledger as The Joker
Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
Jackie Earle Haley as Rorshach
and finally the underrated Billy Crudup as Dr. Manhattan; I thought he did a great job.

jcvaldez
I've been reading a lot of stuff about were people are bashing Christian Bale as an actor and with his performance in The Dark Knight. The major thing they complain about was his voice. But freakin Jackie Earle Haley who played Rorschach, did a voice just as low or lower than Bale.

Indestructible
Rorshach you could understand. he also is suppose to speak like that in the book! lol Idk Bale was okay. I preffer Michael Keaton or Val Kilmer though

Darth Martin

PRAYERRUN
Rorshach you could understand. he also is suppose to speak like that in the book! lol Idk Bale was okay. I preffer Michael Keaton or Val Kilmer though

Bale was ok for the dark character he presented in Batman Begins, but I think Val Kilmer was the best.

Alpha Centauri
Obviously Ledger's Joker, cliched but true.
Michael Keaton's Batman.
Christian Bale's Batman.
Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man.
Matthew Goode (?) as Ozymandias.
Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl II.
Ryan Reynolds' very minute time as Wade Wilson in the elevator.

-AC

Nestical
even though he didnt do much in the movies, patrick stewart has to be the most spot on actor/character. its as if that part was made for him. i dont think there is anyone alive that will do it better

& Heathe Ledger(sp?) as the joker was brilliant

Mindship
- Robert D jr as Iron Man*
- Jack Haley as Rorschach*
- Chris Evans as Human Torch
- George Reeves as Superman
- Mark Hamil as the Joker*
- Kevin C as Batman
- Patrick as Prof X*
- Rebecca as Mystique
- Snipes as Blade
- Frank Gorshin as the Riddler*
- Julie Newmar as Catwoman
- Sam Elliot as General Ross
- Tim Roth as Blonsky
- Bryce Howard as Gwen Stacey
- Al Molina as Doc Ock*

*exceptionally good

Darth Martin
Yes Matthew Goode as Ozymandias must be given a mention as well. Not a hero but not quite a villain.

Indestructible
I also like Wesley Snipes as Blade, Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face, Matthew Goode as Ozymandias, Al Molina as Doctor Octopus, and Danny Devito as The Penguin(dont be hating cause I said that)

Darth Martin
Let's not forget Billy Crudup as Doctor Manhattan.

hugekent
Originally posted by Nestical
even though he didnt do much in the movies, patrick stewart has to be the most spot on actor/character. its as if that part was made for him. i dont think there is anyone alive that will do it better Agreed. I was only a kid when the first X-Men movie was made but I assume Stewart was the one everyone was hoping would get the role right from the start.

Darth Martin
Patrick Stewart resembles his character physical looks the most out of all of the characters.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Patrick Stewart resembles his character physical looks the most out of all of the characters.

He's a bald man in a wheelchair, it was hardly a reach.

He's certainly not as close a resemblance as Dan Dreiberg/Patrick Wilson or Robert Downey Jr./Iron Man.

-AC

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Mindship
- Mark Hamil as the Joker*
- Kevin C as Batman
We would be fools to not include these two. thumb up

I feel Conroy is the best interpretation of Batman to date. Especially the JL/JLU series. The comic version can be such a dick at times.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Robert Downey Jr./Iron Man. More so than Iron Man for me. I have the current version stuck in my head as far as looks.

Mindship
We would be fools to not include these two. thumb up

I feel Conroy is the best interpretation of Batman to date. Especially the JL/JLU series. The comic version can be such a dick at times. Both Hamil and Conroy did a bang-up job, absolutely. The only reason I'm giving Hamil the * is because it still blows me away that that's Skywalker.

Yeah, and I miss those animated series. They did some great storytelling and character interaction; it bugged me when both were listed in the cable program guide as being for children just because they were toons. Really: how many kids could appreciate Atom's ride in WW's cleavage? wink

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Mindship
I'm giving Hamil the * is because it still blows me away that that's Skywalker. I have the same feeling too. He isn't that good of an actor in Star Wars. But he's a hell of a voice actor. smile

Indestructible
I have the same feeling too. He isn't that good of an actor in Star Wars. But he's a hell of a voice actor. smile

Oh yes! Mark Hamil is the best voice actor imo. I mean he did Joker and Hobgoblin and made em sound completley diff. He changed each character forever(in my mind atleast)

horrorwolf
Christopher Reeve as Superman
Patrick Stewart as Professor X
Wesley Snipes as Blade
Ron Perlman as Hellboy
Jackie Earle Haley as Rorshach
Heath Ledger - Joker
Rebecca as Mystique
Alfred Molina as Doc Ock
Patrick Wilson - Nite Owl
Brandon Lee's Crow was also excellent.

Hugh Jackman had a good performance but was too far from the character type for me mentally to accept him as Logan. I just have this mental image of a shorter, thicker, hairier guy who's a lot rougher around the edges that Jackman just can't fit.

Topher Grace's wit and comic timing would have KILLED as spiderman. Tobey sucked all humor out of Spidey.

jrodslam
Keaton - Batman
DeVito - Penguin
Nicholson - Joker
Reeves - Superman
Downy Jr. - Ironman
Snipes - Blade
Chiklis - Thing
Maguire - Spider-Man
Morgan - Comedian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.