Would Jim return as Riddler?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
If Batman 3 will have the Riddler, do you think Jim Carrey will play that role again or do you think someone else should take that role?

Kero_Co
someone else will probably play the role, although I wouldn't mind if Jim returned. I think it would be interesting to compare his performances, were it to happen.

steverules_2
He was terrible as Riddler

Kero_Co
but why was he a terrible Riddler? Is the fault in the script or Carey's own abilities as an actor?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kero_Co
but why was he a terrible Riddler? Is the fault in the script or Carey's own abilities as an actor?

I say its the fault in the script. Carrey was perfect as Riddler but things in the script seemed to have prevented him from revealing full Riddler potential.

Ridley_Prime
someone else will probably play the role, although I wouldn't mind if Jim returned. I think it would be interesting to compare his performances, were it to happen.
Me too.

The script obviously.

Bat Dude
He was like a poor man's Frank Gorshin, but that doesn't mean he wasn't pretty good in the role...

If he were to play Riddler in another movie, I agree with Kero Co that it would be VERY interesting to compare his performances...

BruceSkywalker
Jim Carrey sucked very very badly..

he will not be returning

Ridley_Prime
Are you dissing Carrey as an actor?

The Nuul
I would like to see Jim under Nolans direction. But I want to see villian.

TheVapor
I liked Carrey as the Riddler, and it would be interesting to compare two different performances, but that would be like crossing two series. It would be like if we got Jack Nicholson and Tommy Lee Jones to play their respective roles in The Dark Knight. It would be weird.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Are you dissing Carrey as an actor?

for his role as the riddler, yes I am...

I like Carrey in various films, but he was very very terrible as The Riddler.. Besides I seriously doubt that Nolan will hire anyone from the Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher films, if that is the case than hire George Clooney to play someone and hire Alicia Silverstone to reprise her Batgirl role

chomperx9
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
for his role as the riddler, yes I am...

I like Carrey in various films, but he was very very terrible as The Riddler.. Besides I seriously doubt that Nolan will hire anyone from the Tim Burton/Joel Schumacher films, if that is the case than hire George Clooney to play someone and hire Alicia Silverstone to reprise her Batgirl role if they add batgirl or robin or any sidekick again to a batman film its going to be a failure no matter who the director is.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chomperx9
if they add batgirl or robin or any sidekick again to a batman film its going to be a failure no matter who the director is.

which is WHY Chris Nolan HAS stated NO Robin or Batgirl for his films

chomperx9
which is WHY Chris Nolan HAS stated NO Robin or Batgirl for his films thank god !

Bat Dude
if they add batgirl or robin or any sidekick again to a batman film its going to be a failure no matter who the director is.

Absolutely not... The Schumacher films didn't fail because of Robin or Batgirl, they failed because of horrible direction and bad writing...

You can have a character like Robin or Batgirl done well in a movie... You just have to make it realistic... I'd like the idea of Richard Grayson in a future Batman movie... I've said it before, but it would develop Bruce's character even further...

I'd be happy if they had Grayson and eventually Robin in future films (then have him become Nightwing and get his own movie), but there needs to be at least 3/4 films with Batman going solo...

chomperx9
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Absolutely not... The Schumacher films didn't fail because of Robin or Batgirl, they failed because of horrible direction and bad writing...

You can have a character like Robin or Batgirl done well in a movie... You just have to make it realistic... I'd like the idea of Richard Grayson in a future Batman movie... I've said it before, but it would develop Bruce's character even further...

I'd be happy if they had Grayson and eventually Robin in future films (then have him become Nightwing and get his own movie), but there needs to be at least 3/4 films with Batman going solo... the more characters in a movie the more childish it gets no matter how you put it. and yes batman and robin still would have been in a failure without robing and batgirl. its just that robin and batgirl made it worse.

Bat Dude
the more characters in a movie the more childish it gets no matter how you put it. and yes batman and robin still would have been in a failure without robing and batgirl. its just that robin and batgirl made it worse.

How is adding one character (Grayson) to a future movie making it childish? It's all in how you write the character...

BruceSkywalker
How is adding one character (Grayson) to a future movie making it childish? It's all in how you write the character...

agreed if dick were in a future film it should be Batman 4 or 5.. a good script and villains will also be good too

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Nemesis X
If Batman 3 will have the Riddler, do you think Jim Carrey will play that role again or do you think someone else should take that role?

would we want him to?

especially if the role calls for a more subtle, john doe riddler , then i think we need someone who can do that "i'm just trying to help the world, but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, and these are the eggs i have to break" thing.

I know it's been repeated over and over, but i think that johnny depp would be perfect for this role. either he or sean penn. ooooo, sean penn. now that would be amaaaaaaaazing.

chomperx9
How is adding one character (Grayson) to a future movie making it childish? It's all in how you write the character... if they just stick to batmans story himself the film would be more intresting. why do you think nolanns last 2 movies have been such a sucess so far ?when theres more than one character the story completely changes and gets entertaining more but in a totally different way. and the story usually gets more intresting when they stick to one topic as in one character in a movie. when theres a sidekick they got to add a storyline to him or her as well of course but people just mostly want to see batman as the hero. in the comics its different.

Bouboumaster
They have to do that in the future, under Nolan's direction:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106364/

Jaeh.is.Awesome
is there any news about who'll play the riddler or something?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
is there any news about who'll play the riddler or something?

nothing has been concrete...all rumor and supposition regarding Depp

Bat Dude
Is there any news (other than speculation) on who the villain will actually be? Or is Riddler absolutely confirmed as the villain?

BruceSkywalker
Is there any news (other than speculation) on who the villain will actually be? Or is Riddler absolutely confirmed as the villain?

from what I have read no one has been confirmed to write, star, direct let alone who the villain(s) will be

siriuswriter
all i can recall about confirmation for depp as the riddler was a comment made by michael caine straight after the dark knight was released. someone asked about the part and caine said something like, "i wouldn't be surprised... when we heard about heath being the joker, we didn't know how it would go, but that turned out fantastically. i think depp would make a great joker."

or something like that.

spidermanrocks
It's obvious Jim won't come back as the Riddler. People loved Jack Nicholson's Joker and there were barely any complains and people even called him the best Joker ever (before Heath came). However, when TDK was announced Nolan immediately decided to look for a different actor instead of Jack. Since Jack and his great Joker performance didn't return in TDK, I don't see how Jim and his very, very awful performance would return.

injuredpelican
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
It's obvious Jim won't come back as the Riddler. People loved Jack Nicholson's Joker and there were barely any complains and people even called him the best Joker ever (before Heath came). However, when TDK was announced Nolan immediately decided to look for a different actor instead of Jack. Since Jack and his great Joker performance didn't return in TDK, I don't see how Jim and his very, very awful performance would return.

Whoever thought Nicholson's Joker was the best obviously never read a batman comic. Gives me migraines even thinking about it...

I don't want Depp or Carrey. Just like Ledger kind of came out of nowhere for the role of Joker, I want someone you don't necessarily expect to play Riddler. Riddler has to be extremely smart, but not totally bent over evil. He's a thief, and a bit of a gangster, but not a murdering psycho like the Joker. The Riddler is so interesting to me because you get to see just how smart Batman really is. That's what a movie with the Riddler should be about.

Indestructible
Originally posted by injuredpelican
Whoever thought Nicholson's Joker was the best obviously never read a batman comic. Gives me migraines even thinking about it...

I don't want Depp or Carrey. Just like Ledger kind of came out of nowhere for the role of Joker, I want someone you don't necessarily expect to play Riddler. Riddler has to be extremely smart, but not totally bent over evil. He's a thief, and a bit of a gangster, but not a murdering psycho like the Joker. The Riddler is so interesting to me because you get to see just how smart Batman really is. That's what a movie with the Riddler should be about.

Ya know I think Crispin Glover should play the riddler. I mean I can just see him in the suit and in the mask. he would be great. he is a pretty good actor. But thts just my opinion.

DarthLazious
Jim Carrey is a great actor but I dont think The Riddler was his best role.

So no I dont think he will return. It will be someone else.

PRAYERRUN
nothing has been concrete...all rumor and supposition regarding Depp YEAH!! I love the idea of Johnny Depp being The Riddler. He'd bring a darkness to the role that the Nolanverse requires.

DarthLazious
I would like to see him as The Riddler as well.

wicker_man
I'd love to see David Tennant as the Riddler, he'd be rather maniacal much like the Doctor then just a nawtier version.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Indestructible
Ya know I think Crispin Glover should play the riddler. I mean I can just see him in the suit and in the mask. he would be great. he is a pretty good actor. But thts just my opinion.

Crispin Glover is an interesting choice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6b_lSQst0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOrcnd_nCk

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by wicker_man
I'd love to see David Tennant as the Riddler, he'd be rather maniacal much like the Doctor then just a nawtier version.

has he been in any movies?

Indestructible
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Crispin Glover is an interesting choice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH6b_lSQst0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOrcnd_nCk

now were you being serious or just messin with my daywoo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.