Baghdad Under Iraqi Control

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Symmetric Chaos
US troops have completely emptied Baghdad (and many other cities in Iraq). Troops previously in the city have been moved to surrounding areas and Iraqi security forces are now in charge of maintaining the peace on their own.

Too late? Too early? Proof Obama is the antichrist?

What say you, citizens of KMC?

Red Nemesis
We have now proved incontrovertibly that Barack Heussein Obama hates our freedom.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, in America freedom = war against small impoverished countries who cannot hope to rival America in economic or military power for another 300 years.

Red Nemesis
I said his middle name because it matters.

What's great is that my dad is outraged about this. Not that he's too big on peace, no, that he's not doing enough for peace. What does the rest of the world think of the Afghanistan surge?

*btw, I love your sig

lil bitchiness
Well, not sure what the world thinks, but my opinion is that Americans will find themselves in the same situation Russians found themselves.

America will not win Afghan war, insurgency or whatever.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I said his middle name because it matters.

How do we judge people based on middle names?

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Well, not sure what the world thinks, but my opinion is that Americans will find themselves in the same situation Russians found themselves.

America will not win Afghan war, insurgency or whatever.

Baghdad under it's own control is certainly a step in the positive.

Don't be ridiculous, America need only pull out of Afghanistan and claim victory to have a victory.

lil bitchiness
Wishing a victory doesn't make it one. Propagating one doesn't make it a victory either.

Robtard
Wishing a victory doesn't make it one. Propagating one doesn't make it a victory either.

Not the point, America need only pack up, leave and claim an arbitrary victory to have a victory in Afghanistan.

The Russians could have done the same in the 80's, except they stayed and America beat the piss out of them, by proxy of course.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
How do we judge people based on middle names?

easy you find out the person's name and if it is exotic or different you either favor him or you dont.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
easy you find out the person's name and if it is exotic or different you either favor him or you dont.

Why that doesn't sound accurate at all!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Robtard
Not the point, America need only pack up, leave and claim an arbitrary victory to have a victory in Afghanistan.

The Russians could have done the same in the 80's, except they stayed and America beat the piss out of them, by proxy of course.

Afghans did the work. It's like saying mob boss killed a whole gang, when in fact his cronies have done the work.

Now the boss has to deal with his own cronies.

There is a pattern here...Saddam Hussain, Osama Bin Laden, Taliban, KLA Kosovo Albanians...who is next I wonder...

Robtard
Afghans did the work. It's like saying mob boss killed a whole gang, when in fact his cronies have done the work.

Now the boss has to deal with his own cronies.

There is a pattern here...Saddam Hussain, Osama Bin Laden, Taliban, KLA Kosovo Albanians...who is next I wonder...

Yes, they did. But there's more to a war than just foot-soldiers running around, there's training, arming and providing intel to those troops, that wins the war.

The pattern stretches further back, Ho Chi Min worked with and was trained by the OSS. Good question, some think the Israelis, I'm not sure. Probably which ever dictator-like leader is set-up in Iraq.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.