~ Blackest Night - Discussion Thread ~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Discuss everything Blackest Night related here.

And to get things rolling, here is the Green Lantern #43 preview, a Blackest Night tie-in.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/999/999416p1.html

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/999/999416/green-lantern-20090629030232996.jpeg

(This certainly deserves its own thread, considering it is a company-wide event, instead of continue posting in the old thread)

willRules
Does anyone think it can live up to the hype? Most fans are geared up soooo much for this event. Can it really be as good as people expect?

xJLxKing
This will live up to the hype. It didn't even start and it already looks good.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by xJLxKing
It didn't even start and it already looks good.

That's what hype is....

Slaanesh
i'm sure it'll be great..i bet it'll be better than final crisis..much much better..

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by willRules
Does anyone think it can live up to the hype? Most fans are geared up soooo much for this event. Can it really be as good as people expect?

Im hoping so! I wouldve kept all the other heroes to a minimum. Im sure theres gonna be a few useless tie-ins now that pretty much all DC is involved.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
That's what hype is....
No, I mean the last GL(42 I think)m it showed some. That was the beginning.

Digi
This will live up to the hype. It didn't even start and it already looks good.

Lulz. This post made me smile.

theICONiac
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i'm sure it'll be great..i bet it'll be better than final crisis..much much better..

Pfffttt....that shouldn't be too hard.

I'm sure my 8yo son could write a better story using Howard the Duck, Rocket Raccoon and Wonder Man's ex-sidekick Spider than 'Final Crisis.'

dance

BruceSkywalker
i will buy this, i hope its good

Badabing

Raoul
With the sheer number of non GL related black lanterns involved, i doubt anybody can seriously expect it to be a solely GL event.

That said, the GL's will be the focal point, which is fine imo.

and the build up has been nothing short of excellent.

Kris Blaze
Latest Green Lantern Corps

Mongul is retreating and the Alpha Lanterns have been ordered to execute every prisoner

Badabing
Latest Green Lantern Corps

Mongul is retreating and the Alpha Lanterns have been ordered to execute every prisoner shockyes

Raoul

Darth Vicious

Darth Vicious
This are the sh*t! Just too freaking expensive.

http://www.toyrocket.com/product1.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=53006

Raoul
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
This are the sh*t! Just too freaking expensive.

http://www.toyrocket.com/product1.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=53006

yeah, i know. if only i could afford em...

Galan007
i'm excited about it. though i still don't know how i feel about some of the 'dead' heroes who are going to be resurrected into black lanterns. ermm

Philosophía
Who do you mean ?

Galan007

Kris Blaze
Martian Manhunter's death always felt temporary.

Philosophía
I actually think that having important characters such as those as Black Lanterns further makes things more exciting. Firestorm will play a large role in the event as far as I can tell, even being the main character on the most recent cover solicited.

I'd be angry if Bruce would, illogically, be a black lantern. But, from what was shown up until now, that won't be the case, and I'm curious to see how the others react.

Just a theory, but perhaps all the characters that are appearing in this event will be 'revived' post-Blackest Night and as said by Geoff Johns and others in interviews, Blackest Night deals with all these ressurections that take place in the DCU and how post this event the 'door' will be closed, so that every character who dies will be dead for good. (at least in theory ermm)

Raoul

Galan007

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Raoul
same here.

Damn, nice sig! Wheres that booty shot from?

Raoul
Damn, nice sig! Wheres that booty shot from?

laughing out loud thanks.

it was a picture from deviant art.

Kris Blaze
They made Arthur Light a black lantern.

Raoul
They made Arthur Light a black lantern.

this is the first time i can ever recall being glad sue dibny is dead.

AlmightyKfish
Blackest Night 'officially' starts with GL #43 right?

Ryo 666
I haven't read GL since Sinestro was being hauled off and the GL's were ambushed.

How long ago is that?

theICONiac
Originally posted by Ryo 666
I haven't read GL since Sinestro was being hauled off and the GL's were ambushed.

How long ago is that?

A LIFETIME!!!

You have missed a lot. As much as I am foaming at the mouth for this, I would not want to be a newbie just jumping on board...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much info to recap to capture the full flava of what is going on/about to happen.

Ryo 666
Sounds sweet. What issue was that about would you say?

theICONiac
Originally posted by Ryo 666
Sounds sweet. What issue was that about would you say?

'Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns' it sounds like....which occurs between issues #35/36 of GL.

Despite only coming out last winter a boat-load of crap has happened since then.

Darth Vicious
laughing out loud thanks.

it was a picture from deviant art.

Thanks. I found it. Those Benes people can draw.

I wonder if all those criminals that were executed will show up as black lanterns.

Al the Killer

batdude123
Originally posted by Al the Killer
Oh? Isn't Bruce just as dead as any other corpse?

"However, the Omega Sanction does not actually kill its target. The Omega Sanction sends the consciousness of the target into parallel worlds. Although the presence of Batman (Bruce Wayne's) corpse would suggest that he is dead, at the conclusion of Final Crisis it is revealed that Batman had been sent to the distant past where he is able to watch the passing of Anthro."

Raoul
Thanks. I found it. Those Benes people can draw.

I wonder if all those criminals that were executed will show up as black lanterns.

that would be a kicker all right...

Originally posted by batdude123
"However, the Omega Sanction does not actually kill its target. The Omega Sanction sends the consciousness of the target into parallel worlds. Although the presence of Batman (Bruce Wayne's) corpse would suggest that he is dead, at the conclusion of Final Crisis it is revealed that Batman had been sent to the distant past where he is able to watch the passing of Anthro."

plues, if black mask is carrying around the supposed skull of bruce wayne, then why have him as a black lanter?

Ryo 666
Originally posted by theICONiac
'Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns' it sounds like....which occurs between issues #35/36 of GL.

Despite only coming out last winter a boat-load of crap has happened since then.

Thanks. Gonna read today.

Ryo 666
Turns out I'm still in the 20s, damn.

-K-M-
After reading Green Lantern #43, when did we see the Predator?

Raoul
Originally posted by -K-M-

to my knowledge it's the first appearance.

Raoul
Argh, double post.

Spoilerific cover to GLC 39 (apologies if someone posted it already)

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=34102

and the cover to 40 hints that dead corps members who've become black lanterns can use their normal corps powers, so a BL GL can use his green ring, it seems.

The Nuul

Whaaaa?

theICONiac
Uh, how do you make a 'spoiler' (hidden and highlight to read) line???

Raoul
Uh, how do you make a 'spoiler' (hidden and highlight to read) line???

use these tags:

your message

just eliminate the spaces.

willRules
to my knowledge it's the first appearance.

You're right it is his first appearance. A few months back in an interview a fan asked if we would see anymore of the entities representing the corps like Ion represents the GLs and Parallax represents the Sinestro corps. John's said that GL #43 would reveal two more of those entities.

Predator appears to be the embodiment of the Star Sapphires and Black Hand is the embodiment of the Black Lantern corps.

Raoul
You're right it is his first appearance. A few months back in an interview a fan asked if we would see anymore of the entities representing the corps like Ion represents the GLs and Parallax represents the Sinestro corps. John's said that GL #43 would reveal two more of those entities.

Predator appears to be the embodiment of the Star Sapphires and Black Hand is the embodiment of the Black Lantern corps.

aye. that as the flash rebirth interview wasnt it? and they sort of branched off in to blackest night... think i saw that one...

theICONiac
use these tags:

your message

just eliminate the spaces.

Thank you!

: The Predator appears to be caged by the Zamorans...too wild to control??? Love to see the Red Lanterns mascot

theICONiac

Which I think is a dumb choice (and it appears it was a choice!) for the second one you mentioned...all other were 'born' of their respective 'spectrum'...well we know the first 2 revealed certainly were...

Raoul
Thank you!

: The Predator appears to be caged by the Zamorans...too wild to control??? Love to see the Red Lanterns mascot

love in it's purest form needs to be contolled, i think is their rationale.

Which I think is a dumb choice (and it appears it was a choice!) for the second one you mentioned...all other were 'born' of their respective 'spectrum'...well we know the first 2 revealed certainly were...

but he was born, in the way befitting his corps. stick out tongue

theICONiac
love in it's purest form needs to be contolled, i think is their rationale.

but he was born, in the way befitting his corps. stick out tongue

I guess there is a lot of info concerning him yet to be revealed, but thus far it seems like a lame-duck 'choice' on the part of Johns...almost like they are trying to shoe-horn in a name from GL's past.

Hopefully I will eat my words as I want this storyline to remain essentially 'perfect' cool

Raoul
I guess there is a lot of info concerning him yet to be revealed, but thus far it seems like a lame-duck 'choice' on the part of Johns...

Hopefully I will eat my words as I want this storyline to remain essentially 'perfect' cool

laughing out loud, hopefully.

theICONiac
laughing out loud, hopefully.

And it does seem kinda odd that none of the other Guardians seem to notice 'Scar' hanging by herself at every opportunity (since it seems like all the Guardians are joined at the hip).

Scar is always oozing crap out of every orifice of her body...certainly whoever does the Guardians laundry noticed copius amounts of black goo in Scar's panties???

baha

Raoul
And it does seem kinda odd that none of the other Guardians seem to notice 'Scar' hanging by herself at every opportunity (since it seems like all the Guardians are joined at the hip).

Scar is always oozing crap out of every orifice of her body...certainly whoever does the Guardians laundry noticed copius amounts of black goo in Scar's panties???

baha

laughing

well, the guardians are being set up for a fall i think. they'll finally realise the error of their ways when the black lantern corps starts massacring everyone...

Slaanesh
the guardian are a bunch of idiot..they've been living for too long and they become dumb..

willRules
As for the Predator thing, John's said the weakness of the Star Sapphires is the fact that they are on the far end of the emotional spectrum and often are ruled by their own emotions. That's probably why the embodiment of them has to be caged yes

basilisk
Interesting so far. But I think I know how it all ends.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Slaanesh
the guardian are a bunch of idiot..they've been living for too long and they become dumb..

They're like 8 years old actually . . .

TricksterPriest
They're still incredibly stupid. "All will and no heart" ? That smacks of the kind of stupidity that created the Manhunters. And to this day, they still haven't admitted what a bad idea that was.

I honestly am hoping they get smacked down by the Black Corp.

Speaking of which:

The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--
The dead shall rise!

This was impressive. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
1st issue comes out tomorrow..

I'm buying it.. I can post scans if anyone wants.. Send me a PM if anyone wants any

xJLxKing
The Preview has been out for a while.

BruceSkywalker
The Preview has been out for a while.

the actual issue comes out

theICONiac
CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL NEVER SLEEP TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jiggyjiggyjiggy

Raoul
me either. should be awesome.

theICONiac
me either. should be awesome.

It had better be...DC has to make up for that dripping, steaming pile of elephant shit known as 'Final Crisis'...

I'm still mad at the money I spent on it...could have gotten nice and drunk instead pullhair

Knowsbleed33
It had better be...DC has to make up for that dripping, steaming pile of elephant shit known as 'Final Crisis'...

This is the truth.

I'm excited for Blackest Night.

TricksterPriest
Anyone who disses Final Crisis can just get the hell out of this thread. Right the **** now. uhuh

The Nuul
FC sucks balls. SC was 1000 times better and so will this.

theICONiac
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Anyone who disses Final Crisis can just get the hell out of this thread. Right the **** now. uhuh

Well, since this ain't a 'Final Crisis' thread...

flipfingers

Raoul
Eh, i enjoyed Final Crisis, even if the end was a bit of an anti-climax.

Superman Beyond, though? One of the comics of the year, imo. Brilliant mini.

Badabing
Well, since this ain't a 'Final Crisis' thread...

flipfingers laughing out loud

Superherovandal
I can't wait to actually read this. the buildup towards this has been insane. I mean technically SC was buildup towards this. I just hope it doesn't disapoint. Man its been a while since i posted on these forums

guy222
Welcome back

Great read

xJLxKing
I just read it. Pretty intense. Carter and Hawkgirl died. Even a Guardian

Kris Blaze
Scar is ****en crazy.....

Raoul
i think all the guardians are right fcked. ralph and sue was in. sane.

i also find myself wondering if Black Lanterns have any powers solely given by the ring, or if it simply reanimates and evilises them, because ralph looked like he used just his own powers.

great read. seriously.

Philosophía
Just...damn.

Epic, intense, scary are words that barely begin to describe this.

xJLxKing
You know what's interesting
The rings get stronger when the user kills more people

Philosophía

i also find myself wondering if Black Lanterns have any powers solely given by the ring, or if it simply reanimates and evilises them, because ralph looked like he used just his own powers.

the black rings apprently absorb emotion from the heart of their victims (which is why Scar said the Guardians are useless while Ralph and Sue charged their rings with Hawkman and Hawkgirl's emotions). I'm not sure if there will be some sort of 'typical' ability like the other lanterns with constructs and such, I think it will be more in line with absorbtion, with the darkness taking over what it touches

Raoul

Symmetric Chaos

great read. seriously.

They attacked with their rings at 0.00% power. That means the Black Lanterns are going to be extremely powerful once they actually access their power.
The Guardians getting their asses handed to them was awesome, and something they've had coming

Philosophía
Nope, haven't read it yet.

Raoul
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They attacked with their rings at 0.00% power. That means the Black Lanterns are going to be extremely powerful once they actually access their power.
The Guardians getting their asses handed to them was awesome, and something they've had coming

yeah, true.

and yeah, i wonder what they'll be able to do with fully charged rings

Symmetric Chaos
No idea, I'm sort of curious about the Indigo Tribe. They're the last group to be seen which probably means either they're the key to the story.

Raoul
No idea, I'm sort of curious about the Indigo Tribe. They're the last group to be seen which probably means either they're the key to the story.

and those were some pretty impressive powers they showed...

jalek moye
what were the powers

i cant get it till friday and dont wanna wait so just tell me

willRules
Awesome issue. Slightly slow buildup at the beginning but by halfway through it hit us with shock after shock. Great start to the series. Hopefully this won't be like Secret Invasion where we got all the good stuff in the first issue.

The guardians and Hawkman/Hawkgirl vs Ralph and Sue was awesome. What I really appreciated was that the small unimportant background characters who return. For example a Green Lantern which was basically a massive head with limbs died in a panel of the Sinestro Corps. Instead of having more random GL's become black lanterns to portray the zombification, they have him return. Bzzt is a black lantern. As is the werewolf looking GL and the squirrel GL who died

Can't wait for issue 2.

Darth Vicious
I like how the Guardian Scar killed those other guardians. It did seem to easy though. I cant wait to see what teh Hawks look like. I thought the Indigo tribe was compassion. If so, why kill that GL? I wonder if Blue+Indigo+Black will bring the dead heroes back to life.

TricksterPriest
"RISE."

Nuff ****ing said. thumb up clap I'm completely hooked on this storyline.

Symmetric Chaos
I like how the Guardian Scar killed those other guardians. It did seem to easy though. I cant wait to see what teh Hawks look like. I thought the Indigo tribe was compassion. If so, why kill that GL? I wonder if Blue+Indigo+Black will bring the dead heroes back to life.

When did we see the Indigo?

Raoul

euthanasia, i guess.

in the tie in.

Symmetric Chaos
euthanasia, i guess.

in the tie in.

Ah, I suppose I'll have to end up getting the trades when this is done.

Raoul
Originally posted by jalek moye
what were the powers

i cant get it till friday and dont wanna wait so just tell me

they used a sinestro corps guy's powers against him

Philosophía
did you read the tie in? does that make the alan moore annual post crisis canon, now?

I just read it and.. it definitley makes it canon. Which is strange, because it also acknowledges the exile days when he fought in Mongul's arena. This pre/post crisis melding they are doing is pretty convulted.

Darth Vicious

in the tie in.

Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps # 1

theICONiac
Best. Bowel. Movement. Material. EVEEEEEEEEEEER!!!

Off to a flying start so far. My only nitpick?

Being a relatively non-DC guy a lot of the resurrections are kinda meaningless...no idea how Aquaman died...don't even know Ralph/Sue Dibney, so maybe some kind of brief recap would help

I know I could look it up, but isn't this event being hyped as a jump-on point for new fans?

willRules
Best. Bowel. Movement. Material. EVEEEEEEEEEEER!!!

Off to a flying start so far. My only nitpick?

Being a relatively non-DC guy a lot of the resurrections are kinda meaningless...no idea how Aquaman died...don't even know Ralph/Sue Dibney, so maybe some kind of brief recap would help

I know I could look it up, but isn't this event being hyped as a jump-on point for new fans?

Well newcomers go "SWEET, SUPER HERO ZOMBIES = AWESOME!!!!"

Long time fans invested in these characters go "THAT SUPERHERO WAS A ZOMBIE!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY JUST KILLED OFF HAWKMAN/HAWKGIRL!!!"

So there's something for everyone yes

Before we get to the end I'm hoping Hal's dad comes back from the dead so we can finally find out what his last words were. This was teased to us in the Sinestro corps war.

It seems the Black Lanterns see using the emotional spectrum, which lends to this whole idea of them absorbing all emotion and light. This is probably set up for what will inevitably be their undoing, a White Lantern which does the reverse (give off all kinds of emotion???).

theICONiac
You can see the 'White Lantern' coming from a light-year away...

Kinda predictable like the Sinestro's daughter reveal thingie...

jalek moye
I really hope theres no white lanterns

Bouboumaster
I really hope theres no white lanterns

Hal Jordan will most likely be the Rainbow Lantern

theICONiac
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Hal Jordan will most likely be the Rainbow Lantern

ICON gazes into his crystal balls

Heh...

Hal will be the White Lantern as he has thus far wielded a ring from every Corp except Indigo/Violet...and will probably have those soon...as it will be determined he has the capacity to demonstrate all emotions (EXCEPT for fear - as he couldn't make the yellow ring work - and gets Sinestro's help to fullfill Ganthets prophecies as to why Sinestro is so important...he teaches Hal 'fear')

Sorry to ruin it for everybody sweat

Symmetric Chaos
Hal will be the White Lantern as he has thus far wielded a ring from every Corp except Indigo/Violet...and will probably have those soon...as it will be determined he has the capacity to demonstrate all emotions (EXCEPT for fear - as he couldn't make the yellow ring work - and gets Sinestro's help to fullfill Ganthets prophecies as to why Sinestro is so important...he teaches Hal 'fear')

Jossed. Word of God says Hal won't try everything on. He did go sort of pale when asked about White Lanterns, though.

xJLxKing
When did he ask about white lanterns?

Darth Vicious

Heh...

thumbsup Nice theory. Maybe It will be Sinestro and not Hal. After all isnt he supposed to become the "greatest GL"?

Raoul

Knowsbleed33
No effin' White Lanterns, please.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
No effin' White Lanterns, please.
There is a good possibility. The colors would actually make up and create white light. Light presents good, and life. Black is emptiness and death

Doctor-Alvis

Heh...

Didn't he grab an armful of yellow rings and crap himself shooting lasers with them? That's gotta count for something.

BruceSkywalker
i loved the first issue, this series has lots of promise

Darth Vicious
It been having promise for a long time. I think it has promise to be the best storyline/event than any recent ones (Secret Invasion, Final Crisis).

Philosophía
do you care, though?

As long as that story is in current Superman's history, I can't be happier.

willRules
Jossed. Word of God says Hal won't try everything on. He did go sort of pale when asked about White Lanterns, though.

When did he ask about white lanterns?

http://revision3.com/ifanboy/GeoffJohns

Grimm22

great read. seriously.

I feel like the black rings grant the user some kind of power up because it seemed like Hawkman was killed off pretty easily, at least by Elongated Man's standards. I mean he ripped open his freakin' chest without much of an effort.

Also, I was real surprised Johns would kill off the Hawks like that, considering he's a big fan of Hawkman. I feel like it may have been motivated by DC Editorial because of the whole mess of their "deaths" in Final Crisis. But, either way it was an appropriate sendoff to two great characters.

WhoopeeDee
Issue 1 of BN blew away that bad taste of that shitty Final Crisis.

Morrison should take writing lessons from both Geoff and Dini.

The Nuul
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Issue 1 of BN blew away that bad taste of that shitty Final Crisis.

Morrison should take writing lessons from both Geoff and Digi.

thumb up

Even Digi could have written a better FC than Morrison.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Grimm22
I feel like the black rings grant the user some kind of power up because it seemed like Hawkman was killed off pretty easily, at least by Elongated Man's standards. I mean he ripped open his freakin' chest without much of an effort.

Also, I was real surprised Johns would kill off the Hawks like that, considering he's a big fan of Hawkman. I feel like it may have been motivated by DC Editorial because of the whole mess of their "deaths" in Final Crisis. But, either way it was an appropriate sendoff to two great characters.

Because we all know Johns would never let story telling get in the way of how powerful the characters typically seem.

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by The Nuul
thumb up

Even Digi could have written a better FC than Morrison.

Yeah, but then I would only buy it in paperback. stick out tongue

Hey! so do you guys think we will see the Death Anti-Monitor anytime soon?

He's gonna be HUUUUUGE.....omg

Darth Vicious
I think the Hawks will just reincarnate once the influence of the Black rings goes away.

The Nuul
What is this Predator thing?

The Nuul
This is a good read.

The Absolute Blackest Night Guide

http://comics.ign.com/articles/100/1002574p1.html

Raoul

willRules
Originally posted by Grimm22

But it was just awesome! I literally jumped when That spear exploded through Hawkgirl's chest and that plot point can be forgiven seeing as we don't know the extent of a black lanterns capabilities, yet alone a zombie superhero black lantern.

Yeah, but then I would only buy it in paperback. stick out tongue

Hey! so do you guys think we will see the Death Anti-Monitor anytime soon?

He's gonna be HUUUUUGE.....omg

I don't think the Anti-Monitor will be a Black Lantern seeing as he is their central power battery yes

Most dead super humans are certainly gonna be a black Lantern, pretty much any dead character who was mentioned in the first issue and obviously Hal's father will be seeing as the past 40 something issues of GL have been about Hal's dad. yes

Grimm22
I think the Hawks will just reincarnate once the influence of the Black rings goes away.

Maybe, but either way i'm just glad that the long running plot point of Carter and Kendra's relationship was resolved before they died. Most writers would have just killed them off without a second thought, so kudos to Johns for giving them that much before they were sent off.

But it was just awesome! I literally jumped when That spear exploded through Hawkgirl's chest and that plot point can be forgiven seeing as we don't know the extent of a black lanterns capabilities, yet alone a zombie superhero black lantern.

That's what I was thinking. I mean zombies are often portrayed as having the strength to pull people apart and whatnot, so I can only imagine that a zombified super hero would get a similar ability.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Nuul
What is this Predator thing?

It looks like the Indigo Corps' version of Ion or Parallax.

WhoopeeDee

I don't think the Anti-Monitor will be a Black Lantern seeing as he is their central power battery yes

I would beg to differ...since the black latern rings aren't fully power to 100%. I think that once the rings get power up the black lanterns will re-iniate the central power battery....and *POOF* AM is back full charged.

Ooooohhhh!!!!

Raoul
It looks like the Indigo Corps' version of Ion or Parallax.

i thought it was the violet corps' one?

Symmetric Chaos
i thought it was the violet corps' one?

My mistake, the colors are too close together.

TricksterPriest
I would beg to differ...since the black latern rings aren't fully power to 100%. I think that once the rings get power up the black lanterns will re-iniate the central power battery....and *POOF* AM is back full charged.

Ooooohhhh!!!!

The Anti-Monitor is probably STILL pissed as hell. The last thing the BLC wants is to give him the chance to bust out. They imprisoned him for use as the power battery, and given the shape I saw in Blackest Night 1 as the rings came out of the battery, he's still in there.

Also, that's too big a threat for the GLC and other corps. Anti-Monitor at full strength would just solo the corps. no

tjcoady
Okay, so.... just a thought. Dunno if anyone has floated this idea.

The being behind the Black Lantern Corps.... Mandrakk?

TricksterPriest
Can't be. Totally not his style. If Mandrakk were running this show, reality would be bleeding. Frankly, he's too big to be behind this.

Raoul
I don't think Johns would touch that mess anyways. It's a Morrison character that i doubt Johns would want to go within ten feet of with a fifty foot pole.

PRAYERRUN
This is basically a better, more thought out, version of Marvel Zombies.

roughrider
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
This is basically a better, more thought out, version of Marvel Zombies.

Marvel Zombies was an out of continuity black comedy, a chance to have what-the-hell, go-for-broke fun. Not a serious event in mainstream continuity like this one.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by roughrider
Marvel Zombies was an out of continuity black comedy, a chance to have what-the-hell, go-for-broke fun. Not a serious event in mainstream continuity like this one.

Are you sure Blackest Night isn't a comedy?

xJLxKing
I like the idea of AM being the "guardian" of the Black Lanterns. He doesn't necessarily have to be at the same level as he was is COIE. Even if he was, whose to say he has to be at full power. He was a big thread in SC and he wasn't nearly as powerful as he used to be.

I like if the Black Lanterns were charging their rings only to release that power in the central power to give AM some power.

Philosophía
Green Lantern 44 - preview. - http://comics.ign.com/articles/100/1005034p1.html

J'onn seems to be laying the smackdown.

Raoul

jalek moye
Barry has the blue ring?

Raoul
Barry has the blue ring?

no. it was just viewing what emotion he embodied more than any other.

-K-M-
Such like Hawkman and Hawkgirl showed rage and then love just before they died.

Raoul
Such like Hawkman and Hawkgirl showed rage and then love just before they died.

yup, exactly.

Blair Wind
Why do there always have to be like 50+ tie ins? I wish they would make one giant cohesive collection of this Green Lantern Trilogy. That would make life so much easier.

Raoul
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Why do there always have to be like 50+ tie ins? I wish they would make one giant cohesive collection of this Green Lantern Trilogy. That would make life so much easier.

there are six tie ins.

GLC, GL, Superman, Batman, Tales of the Corps, and Titans.

that's not THAT bad, is it?

Blair Wind
there are six tie ins.

GLC, GL, Superman, Batman, Tales of the Corps, and Titans.

that's not THAT bad, is it?

It is for me (you know my issue). I just mean all the issues involved in each, then the main series itself. And as a whole, if you want the whole story, you have to go all the way back to Rebirth. Which I think is awesome. If I could get it all.

TricksterPriest
if we needed confirmation that Black Lanterns can use all their old powers, we just got it. With this and Elongated Man, they have their old strengths, plus the Black Ring. shock Run. ****ing run for the hills. Marvel Zombies was just disgusting. But this.......this is actually scary. Because that sounded like J'onn.....just dead. shockno

Raoul
Originally posted by Blair Wind
It is for me (you know my issue). I just mean all the issues involved in each, then the main series itself. And as a whole, if you want the whole story, you have to go all the way back to Rebirth. Which I think is awesome. If I could get it all.

i see your point. i just look at stuff like civil war or house of m and thank god we don't have to put up with anything as bad as that.

BruceSkywalker
does anyone think that Sodam Yat and/or Kyle Raynor will play a huge role?

TricksterPriest
i see your point. i just look at stuff like civil war or house of m and thank god we don't have to put up with anything as bad as that.

hysterical QFT.

Bruce: I do not doubt they both have something to do with it. Yat better get something for the hype.

Raoul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
does anyone think that Sodam Yat and/or Kyle Raynor will play a huge role?

Well, after the recent GLC, i dunno what the story is with Yat.

Rayner? Just like the other 3 main guys, i'm sure he will.

Also, given the last few issues, i'm beginning to get the sneaking suspicion Oa won't be left intact at the end of all this.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>