Silver Surfer vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scuzz2.0
this isnt a battle, it is a who is more powerfull

a lot of people think SS can only beat superman by exploiting his weaknesses but i think ss is just more powerfull!

if superman is at a 50 on a powerscale, were would the surfer come in?

Juk3n
Surfer would be Over 9000!

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0

a lot of people think SS can only beat superman by exploiting his weaknesses but i think ss is just more powerfull!

Do you mean SS using strength only? if so, Superman is definitely stronger.

Lord Feron
In regards to brute strength Supes definitly displays his brawn more but is he clearly stronger? I don't think so. HE is proably a little bit stronger. Also Since SS can amp his stats any strength difference would be in his favor. (hasen'tSS beat hulk while he himself was depowered?)

Supes ain't faster

Power output - like heat vision vs everything else SS can shoot out. I'm gonna go with surfer.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Lord Feron
In regards to brute strength Supes definitly displays his brawn more but is he clearly stronger? I don't think so. HE is proably a little bit stronger. Also Since SS can amp his stats any strength difference would be in his favor. (hasen'tSS beat hulk while he himself was depowered?)

Supes ain't faster

Power output - like heat vision vs everything else SS can shoot out. I'm gonna go with surfer.
You are right! SS doesn't show strength because he has other powers to do stuff for him.
Also, how much can SS amp himself? To what levels.

In my opinion, If SS fight the way he does in comic, and doesn't exploits Superman's weaknesses, then it could go either way.

Slaanesh
SS is more powerful overall..SS can win against Supes without exploiting any weakness..

Lord Feron
I also believe SS can outright beatdown Supes without any Weakness exploitation.

rotiart
As far as more powerful...
I guess you could break it down to
speed
energy projection damage potential
strength
surfers other rality based powers are abstract... So as far as "powerful" it may not be what you are looking for

I'd say for pure speed superman is faster in combat
and surfer faster in trAvel speed.
Why? In marvel as surfer approaches light speed he enters in hyperspace and can move beyond light speed in this dimension... But would be unable to fight/affect a combatant
superman has flown distances that would defy the speed of light since he doesn't enter into another dimension like surfer his natural speed is greater...

Supermans best strength feat iirc is moving warworld... Surfer has never lifted/pushed a planet afaik

energy... Surfer unleashed his limits and absorbed so much energy it looked like he was hulking out... Infinity wars were the comics I think. His blasts being his bread and butter are gonna have feats greater than anything sipes is gonna have....

carver9
Just outright being more powerful, surfer has this in spades. Surfer could replicate ANYTHING superman can do powerwise and could possibly do it better.

Strength, I give the edge to supes.

Durability goes to surfer.
Speed goes to surfer.

Lets say if we use a dbz power level scale and supes was listed as a 9000. Surfer would be listed somewhere in the 20000.

I honestly think its just that much of a difference in powerlevel if you go by the feats that is presented by both and the power out put.

Bouboumaster
Surfer wouldn't loose to some alien battery.

He's a product of Galactus, after all!

Scuzz2.0
im glad the myth that supes is more powerful than surfer is over.

Bouboumaster
im glad the myth that supes is more powerful than surfer is over.

What?

occultdestroyer
Superman = Thor >> SS

Mshinu

`bout 100 I guess

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Superman = Thor >> SS

Not in terms of power. Thor is clearly superior than Superman on average. He has such attacks such as the God Blast, Anti-Force, Life Force drain, matter manipulation, and a lot more. Thor is clearly more powerful on average and versatile than Superman. Heat vision, and his frosty breath don't cut it. The only defense Superman has in this category is Torquasm-Vo which is rather powerful. Still the Silver Surfer is more powerful than Superman on average.

Thor >/= Silver Surfer > Superman

In terms of overall power, more or less.

Scuzz2.0
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
What?

do you disagree?

Philosophía
I always found it stupid to compare characters using % or numbers. As for this thread, Superman is more powerfull while Surfer is more versatile.

Stunner2xx
if superman is 50
then SS is 35 in a good day

TricksterPriest
"Surfer could replicate ANYTHING superman can do powerwise and could possibly do it better.
"

Carver.........so much fail. When's the last time Surfer shattered the consciousness of a multiverse crushing god?

The Nuul
SS is more powerful than Supes.

This aint about str, speed, dur etc.... its about power.

psycho gundam

if superman is at a 50 on a powerscale, were would the surfer come in? silver surfer no doubt, the guy can destroy a planet, heal damage to a planet, evolve a planet's populace far into their potential, etc.

is this really a discussion?

Mindship
if superman is at a 50 on a powerscale, were would the surfer come in? 50-55.

Naija boy
Surfer is superior offensively and defensively and has a far far wider range of abilities. There is hardly anything to debate here.

Scuzz2.0
Originally posted by Stunner2xx
if superman is 50
then SS is 35 in a good day

my god! do you even read comics? you are the biggest DC Fanboy i have ever seen!! you should read any surfer bk and you would see how wrong you are!

occultdestroyer
Superman is roughly equal to Thor with his Mjolnir.

And both are superior to Silver Surfer.

Kris Blaze
Powerise, Surfer would rank much higher. Superman is a mere Kryptonian. The scope of his power is very, very limited compared to the Surfer.

I'm not saying Surfer would win in a fight, but the things Superman can do doesn't even begin to measure up to the things that can be accomplished with the power cosmic.

occultdestroyer
Superman is the Kryptonian with the most potential.

Yes, he may not be as versatile as SS, but he doesn't need to.

Superman is the pinnacle of a speedblitzing brick.

How many guys with exotic powers has Superman defeated?
He's beaten guys way stronger than Silver Surfer. Heck, he's beaten abstract guys stronger than Galactus!

Naija boy
^All of tthose victories had circumstances and plot surrounding them. Hence they are of little relevance in regards to his actual powerlevel. Surfer has defeated being way more powerful than superman AND high level beings comparable to galactus as well. Still doesnt put him anywhere near that level of power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
"Surfer could replicate ANYTHING superman can do powerwise and could possibly do it better.
"

Carver.........so much fail. When's the last time Surfer shattered the consciousness of a multiverse crushing god?

When has Supes ever done so without a plot device and just his own powers? Then again DS didn't either so I guess it's s wash

The Nuul
Originally posted by psycho gundam
silver surfer no doubt, the guy can destroy a planet, heal damage to a planet, evolve a planet's populace far into their potential, etc.

is this really a discussion?

Yup.

Not really.

Allankles
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Powerise, Surfer would rank much higher. Superman is a mere Kryptonian.

Actually Superman is a descendant of Rao, the Kryptonian sun god. As far as the thread is concerned, people tend to confuse versatility with power.

Static is more versatile than the Hulk, but the Hulk is arguably more powerful.

So really it comes down to the force they can muster with whatever powers they have. Both are planet busters, both have displayed powers the others don't have.

The guy with the more impressive feats of personal power is the more powerful. Powerset doesn't factor as much as people think.

Badabing
my god! do you even read comics? you are the biggest DC Fanboy i have ever seen!! you should read any surfer bk and you would see how wrong you are! So you make this thread and then bash people who don't agree with you. Nice...

And closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.