The Official Hokuto No Ken thread: Everything hokuto!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
okay so to get the discussion rolling:
did anyone see the Kenshiro gaiden?
and when is the Raoh TV seres coming out?

Kento
Raoh is getting how own show?

Is the Kenshiro Gaiden the one when he's in that village after Shin betrays him but before meeting Lyn, and Bart? If so I did, and I liked it.

Bro SMASH
I hadn't seen Kenshiro Gaiden yet. I'm still hooked on the TV series.

Wei Phoenix
Are you talking about the Ten no Haoh Raoh series? If so then that's already out. I saw a few vids on youtube and if you click on my name you'll see a pic of a younger Souther before he fought Raoh.

Endless Mike
Raoh is maybe the most badass villain in manga history

Kento
That conclusion from watching the Raoh series or just Hokuto No Ken in general?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Raoh is maybe the most badass villain in manga history

I'm more into Souther. He owned Raoh so hard from what I've heard.

Kento
I still like Shin the best. At least out of Fist of the North Star

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kento
I still like Shin the best. At least out of Fist of the North Star

He will forever be underrated since he was the first main villain.

Wei Phoenix
Look at 4:00

wgCuLm9zkqQ

Kento
lol

And yea, poor Shin will never get any respect.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Look at 4:00

wgCuLm9zkqQ

That's awesome. If I get the game, I'm definitely gonna try to unlock that costume.

Bro SMASH
Also, in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, one of Chun-Li's supers has seven stars in the shape of the Big Dipper (5:03):

HadkcaTr4bU

That's gotta be a referrence to Hokuto No Ken. Heck, the attack itself might be a play on the series too.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Also, in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, one of Chun-Li's supers has seven stars in the shape of the Big Dipper (5:03):

HadkcaTr4bU

That's gotta be a referrence to Hokuto No Ken. Heck, the attack itself might be a play on the series too.

LOL they should make a Street Fighter vs HNK. It would be incredibly unbalanced if they fought like their anime versions but it would still be funny. Kenshiro owning all of the SF characters.

Bro SMASH
Hah! Another dream match I wanna see.

Sado22
the only guy in SF who can give Kenshiro a fight ins Akuma....and even he's going down hard.

when did Raoh and Souther fight? in the raoh series? confused

~Sado

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Sado22
the only guy in SF who can give Kenshiro a fight ins Akuma....and even he's going down hard.

~Sado

Ha we should make that thread even though I see no way Akuma could beat a serious going all out Kenshiro. Island punches mean nothing when you can't hit your opponent.

Kirikaze Fuuma

~Sado

If so then it's probably Raoh Den : Ten no Haoh. Since I never watched him owned by Souther everywhere.

But the problem is... I just watched 5th episode but I can't find 6th episode... so I don't know.

Wei Phoenix
It is in Ten No Haoh. I'll find the episode number.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Kento
That conclusion from watching the Raoh series or just Hokuto No Ken in general?

Well since I said "manga history", maybe I meant the manga roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kento
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well since I said "manga history", maybe I meant the manga roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment I somehow missed the manga part. But Raoh does have his own manga..so it could have come from that series instead of from the main series.

Sado22
(SPOILERS)
Just watched Kenshiro Den with subtitles. overall, Its really good and my ranking for the gaidens is as follows:
1. Raoh Gaiden 2 (by a comfortable margin. epic)=10/10
2. Toki Gaiden (really good=)9.5/10
3. Kenshiro Gaiden (good)=9/10
4. Raoh Gaiden (good)=9/10
5. Yuria Gaiden (meh)=7/10

Pros:
you get to see kenshiro wake up to his destiny (and misery) and understand why Shin was able to beat him so easily. It's surprising to see a naive, idealistic side of Kenshiro struggling with the world around him and his burden as "savior". Not only that gone is the ultraconfident, silently cocky Kenshiro who actually toys with his opponents before blowing them up. This kenshiro actually hesistates to kill and not confident in his ability as of yet. There seems to be actual doubt in him that he can carry the burden of HSK's successorship.
we also get to see why people were worried when Ryuken named Kenshiro the successor. to put short: this is the death of an idealistic uncertain hokutoshinken n00b and the birth of the no-compromise, strict but still gentle Kenshiro we all love (and secretly want to be like).

Oh and we actually see Kenshiro smile and be happy eek!

put short, i love the new take on Kenshiro's character and showing his past "naive" side that Jagi and Raoh were always pulling their hair about. I liked that and I liked the way they handled the "brith of the savior" (even tied him to a cross big grin )

cons:
-okay, so Yuria is pregnant with Kenshiro's son in this. but it wasn't made clear what happens to him. We are left to guess this and I don't think i appreciate that. I mean, sure, Yuria only had a few years left to live so that means that she gave birth to his son. but come the Shin HNK we see that Kenshiro is training Raoh's son (whose mother WE STILL DON'T KNOW!) so I guess that means his son died along with Yuria. or maybe that since yuria was suffering from radiation poisoning at the time then the child died early on (most likely a still birth). like i said, it was a cool twist with Kenshiro having a son but it went nowhere.
-the side characters are alright...and since there's no Bat(o) and (R)ynn i'm happy.
-okay so, the story was good (as far as HNK goes anyway) but i don't think i appreciate the fact that Kenshiro fights yet another nanto seiken dude although i did like the twist regarding shin's master. i mean, sheesh, there has to be other tw@ts that kenshiro gets to maul after all right? besides, he didn't blow up! blasphemy!
-the other complaint is actually pretty trivial but i'll say it anyway: why the hell can't the new voice actor get the "atatatatatatatatatatatata" right? i practically cringe everytime he does it. i was hoping that at least this time he gets it right but he still doesn't.
-aside from this, overall, i don't think i like the sound effects that much either.
-too few people got blown up sad
-what the phuck was up with the Ya Wa Shock remix...seriously. when the music began I was lke "woohoo!" but then the guy started singing and it sounded like he had his mouth full with chewing gum and decided to sing out his ass while sitting on the flush and suffering from constipation. totally phucked up the mood with that singing.

overall, 9/10. Good development for Kenshiro.

~Sado

Wei Phoenix
Episode 11 of Ten No Haoh is where Raoh and Souther fought.

Wei Phoenix
Souther from TNH.

http://img48.imageshack.us/i/charasaugaxl8.jpg/

Sado22
no one has anythng to say about my review? sad

Wei Phoenix
no one has anythng to say about my review? sad

I've only seen the last part of it from where they turned him into Jesus.

Bro SMASH

-okay, so Yuria is pregnant with Kenshiro's son in this. but it wasn't made clear what happens to him. We are left to guess this and I don't think i appreciate that. I mean, sure, Yuria only had a few years left to live so that means that she gave birth to his son. but come the Shin HNK we see that Kenshiro is training Raoh's son (whose mother WE STILL DON'T KNOW!) so I guess that means his son died along with Yuria. or maybe that since yuria was suffering from radiation poisoning at the time then the child died early on (most likely a still birth). like i said, it was a cool twist with Kenshiro having a son but it went nowhere.

~Sado

Really? That's kind of surprising. Darn, I wish we did know what happened to their son.

Kento
Would she have even lived long enough to have their son? I don't remember if it said how long she lived after they left together,

Endless Mike
Maybe Yuria was actually the mother of Raoh's son. She just never told Kenshiro about it.

Sado22
poor ken laughing

Wei Phoenix
Mike, Kento, ASSEMBLE AND DISCUSS!

JbepGK93_pI

yyrkS3cDnx8

wJGXxTQ4zSE

Kento
sad It makes me sad and disappointed I don't have a PS3 or 360.

Wei Phoenix
OK, new topic. How do we get Kento a PS3?

Kento
laughing Hopefully in the next few months I get this new job I want so I can quit the stupid one I have and actually have the money to spend on it.

How dare they mix one of my favorite anime with one of my favorite genre without me being able to buy it. But hey least I have time.

Wei Phoenix
Cool, I need to get a PS3 because they're region free and the 360 isn't. I don't care if it's in Japanese since I already know the story and pretty much what they're saying. I doubt this is coming to America.

Kento
Yea, that's one reason I want a PS3, and now that they are down to 300 it's much more incentive to buy than 600. That and MGS4.

Bro SMASH
Has anyone check the fanfiction website under the Hokuto No Ken section?

Kento
I never even knew people did Hokuto No Ken fanfics..then again in hindsight I should have realized this as everything has fanfiction.

Bro SMASH
This looks pretty good so far:

http://www.fanfiction.net/Street_Fighter_and_Hokuto_No_Ken_Crossovers/554/1541/

Kento
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kento300/hokuto11.jpg

Wei Phoenix
Yes, Rei is playable!

Kento
I just hope Toki end up being playable.

Wei Phoenix
As I do for Souther and the other villains but mainly Souther.

Kento
If Souther is playable Shu is a must to be playable. Juuza would be awesome to play as also but I don't expect him at all.

Wei Phoenix
If Toki is playable then I expect him to be the most broken character in the game. He'll probably be the fastest character if not Souther.

Kento
Why is that?

Wei Phoenix
Well of the three brothers Toki was always seen as the fastest and most graceful, a sick and dying Toki was able to startle Souther when he heard he knew his secret. Healthy Toki was above both Raoh and Kenshiro. The dude made his own version of HSK and created his own moves like the aerial Hyakuretsu Ken. Have you seen him in the HNK ps2 fighting game? He's pretty beastly and a top tier character if not the best. If Koei pays attention to the source material then Toki should be one of if not the best character. Not the Lu Bu of the game, as in the hardest to beat. Do you get what I'm saying?

Kento
I've never actually played any Hokuto No Ken video game sad.
But yea I get what you mean now.

Wei Phoenix
Pay attention to the top-left corner. That special move he does when his opponent is in the air and he dashes by them, yeah it doesn't matter how high or low you are, if you're caught in a combo that move hits and does a good amount of damage.

HbqIQR8qlP4

Toki was even faster than Souther in this game. For Souther to be faster than him you had to use one of his special moves that granted him 2x speed.

g0seAOBHjxE

Kento
One combo and it's over in the last thing. Wow

Apparently from what I read Raoh, Toki, Rei, Mamiya, and Ken are the only confirmed playable characters as of yet.

Kento
http://www.the-magicbox.com/1002/hokutoms11.jpg

http://www.the-magicbox.com/1002/hokutoms08.jpg

Jagi eh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.