Is Eric Masterson underrated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumanMovieGuide
I see many people (not just here, but around the internet) not giving this guy his due all just because since he's technically not as powerful as Odin son Thor, so they think he's inferior. Well power isn't everything. So some of you might be thinking what did this guy do to make him so tough? How about his showings against Thanos?

There's only 3 encounters with the Mad Titan I can recall Eric having. The first one comes from the series of scans that Thanos fans like to keep on posting. In it shows Thanos about to smash Hulk's and Thing's heads together, but Quasar stops it. Eric is in the background, but doesn't look like he had a chance to fight Thanos.

The second encounter was in Infinity Gauntlet, and this time Eric had plenty of action with Thanos. This time they fought and Eric kept on dominating Thanos everytime he got close enough to fight him. Eric only lost at the end because Thanos used to IG to turn Eric into glass, while Eric had Thanos down on the floor! Then when Thanos lost the IG and they had a brief scuffle, what happens? Eric pins Thanos down, prevent him from grabbing the IG. Then eventually knocks him off the platform.

The third encounter was in Infinity War when the Infinity Watch with Thanos fought Earth's heroes. Again the encounter was shown briefly. This time Eric destroys Thanos's floating chair, which Thanos was using as a sentry gun during the fight. Then when Thanos attempted to fight Eric, again he fails to get the upperhand on Eric. Then near the end of the fight Thanos has his back against Adam Warlock and Drax while Eric is still standing strong. A bit off topic, but humourously this was the same fight where Pip with the time gem defeats two "immortal" X-men members.

The most important thing that should be pointed out about the last two fights was that they were written by Jim Starlin. That means Thanos' own creator thinks Eric is more than a match for Thanos! In a straight up fight anyways.

Also Gamora deserves credit too since she defeated Thanos when the two of them sparred. So if people think Thanos is all that, then Eric definitely deserves alot of credit.

psycho gundam
wrong forum

HumanMovieGuide
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wrong forum

How is it the wrong forum? I'm asking if Eric Masterson is underrated as a fighter, and this is the comic book vs forum last I checked.

psycho gundam
you're asking if he is overrated in general, this forum here is just for actual fights.

you want the "comic books" forum.

Wild Shadow
eric masterson is underrated as thunderstrike he has fought and defeated bloodaxe, he has fought and was mention to be on par with hercules by maxam in the infinity watch series, thunderstrike and herc have fought both namor and tiger shark underwater.. he is no push over regardless of what personal he is using..

he was trained by cap for yrs on panel not just a few lessons like other avengers who all of a sudden become lvl 7 fighters because they took a handfull of lesson by cap.. example: Ronin.

thunderstrike has bn shown to use caps lessons and skills in combat against enemies that could crush him with a few overpowering punches like bloodaxe.

occultdestroyer
In b4 moved

Wild Shadow
i hate hearing ppl saying he is only a class 30 0r 50 ton at his max.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i hate hearing ppl saying he is only a class 30 0r 50 ton at his max.

I think the handbook list him at 25 ton class. He fought Juggernaut he lost, but he was holding his own. He is underated.

Konton
I thought he was overrated on these forums.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.