Saving Private Ryan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Mission: Bring Private First Class James Francis Ryan back to the U.S. soil.

Team Roster

Wolverine
*Healing factor
*Superhuman Senses
*Adamantium Claws and Skeleton
*Enhanced Strength
*Weapons: M16A2, Beretta 9mm, Grenades

Sabretooth
*Healing Factor
*Superhuman Senses
*Razor-Sharp Claws
*Superhuman Strength
*Weapons: M60, Beretta 9mm, Grenades

Iron Man (Mark I)
*Genius Intellect
*Superhuman Strength
*Superhuman Durability
*Missile Launcher
*Flame Throwers
*Shoulder-Mounted Machine Gun
*Mark II Helmet Layout(HUD) w/ JARVIS

T-800 'Model 101'
*Superhuman Strength
*Superhuman Durability
*Heads Up Display
*Weapons: GE M134 Minigun, M16 w/ M203 attachement, SPAS-12 Shotgun, 45. Longslide

RoboCop
*Uncanny Aim/Targeting
*Superhuman Strength
*Superhuman Durability
*Superhuman Reflexes
*Various Vision Modes
*Weapons: Auto-9, Gun Arm(Machine Gun/Rocket Launcher), Cobra Assault Cannon

Objectives
1: Team must storm and recapture Omaha Beach. They will arrive by single boat.
2. Team must locate Private Ryan.
3. Team must help Ryan alone by holding the fort he is assigned to whil protecting him at the same time.
4. Team must return him alive to U.S. soil by whatever means necessary.

Assumptions
1. Sabretooth and Wolverine will be forced to put there differences aside and work together.
2. We will assume that gunfire and artillery can slow down every member on this team and potentially kill any of them.
3. RoboCop and Iron Man will slow the team down w/ there inability to run.
4. The team will not be taking any prisoners. They will kill anyone who surrenders to them.
5. Team gets as much ammo as each individual can carry. They can pick up enemy weapons along the way.

Things to Consider
1. Iron Man's power for his armor is infinit. He will not run out. It can however be damaged if hit in crucial areas.
2. Sabretooth doesn't have an adamantium skeleton. Chunks of his body can be torn off by hight caliber bullets or artillery.
3. In the movie Saving Private Ryan there were thousands of soldiers who attempted to storm the beach. Alot of them died. Now since there is only one boat arriving on the beach, all of the Nazi fire will be concentrated on the team. As soon as the door opens they will be hailed with gunfire and artillery.
4. Each member of the team are given radios to keep in touch at distances.
5. Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Stark require food, water, and have to go to the bathroom. It is up to them to find these materials. RoboCop doesn't need his paste.
6. Team will encounter Nazi's in fortified positions w/ high caliber weaponry, tanks, and helicopters. Team may use enemy vehicles to travel faster.
Lastly, the team gets NO help in combat. They only get help LOCATING Ryan. Once they find him they are on there own.

Can they accomplish the mission? If so are there any casualties? Who gets most kills. Who's MVP? Explain your opinions please. Have fun.

Rogue Jedi
They need materials to go to the bathroom?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
They need materials to go to the bathroom? When I said materials I was referring to the food and water.

Atleast you read the OP. thumb up

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Darth Martin

2. We will assume that gunfire and artillery can slow down every member on this team and potentially kill any of them.

this is an untrue assumption. no amount of bullets can kill wolverine. in fact he pretty much solos. it will take forever but he can if everyone else dies.

Rogue Jedi
I know, just ****ing with ya haermm

Good thread, gimmee a sec and I'll reply.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by WO Polaski
this is an untrue assumption. no amount of bullets can kill wolverine. in fact he pretty much solos. it will take forever but he can if everyone else dies. Well not so fast. They're not just up against an army, they have to protect Ryan as well. Think of it as the Terminator protecting John Conner. If one bullet gets Ryan and he dies they fail.

And let's please not make this into a Wolverine thread. I tried to make something original and I don't want this to end up like those other threads.

Rogue Jedi
I think they can do it. In fact I know they would. Prolly be more interesting if they started out unarmed and could use fallen Germans weaponry.

WO Polaski
Well not so fast. They're not just up against an army, they have to protect Ryan as well. Think of it as the Terminator protecting John Conner. If one bullet gets Ryan and he dies they fail.

And let's please not make this into a Wolverine thread. I tried to make something original and I don't want this to end up like those other threads.

oh no lol that wasnt what i meant. i was referring to the normandy beach scene before they get ryan. laughing out loud

i agree the toughest part will be protecting ryan.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by WO Polaski
i was referring to the normandy beach scene before they get ryan. Then he's have to wait until they ALL ran out of ammo. We are talking about hundreds of soldiers waiting on hills 40 feet up with turrets of high caliber machine guns, artillery, and grenades. The team is gonna be sitting ducks. In the film as soon as the boat's doors were opened soldiers were being immediately shot dead. They were getting there arms, legs, and brains blown out.

RoboCop is the teams sniper, he'll get most of the Germans hiding in the fortified huts. The T-800 has a minigun so he'll do major damage. In truth I think Iron Man is gonna come out of this a casualty. In the movie as soon as that Afghani hit that crucial part on the side of his armor he went down and was forced to eject. I think Iron Man would be great in those buildings at the fort where Ryan is but not in an open area like Omaha Beach. If it were an open field his flamethrowers would be a huge advantage but the enemies are 40-50 feet up.

Robtard
Iron Man picks up Ryan and flies him the **** out of their. /the end.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
Iron Man picks up Ryan and flies him the **** out of their. /the end. I hope your joking. If that happend Ryan would die and possibly Stark too. The suit is not designed for flight and when he did it in the film the suit came apart.

He would singlehandedly fail the mission if he chose to do that.

Robtard
I hope your joking. If that happend Ryan would die and possibly Stark too. The suit is not designed for flight and when he did it in the film the suit came apart.

He would singlehandedly fail the mission if he chose to do that.

Mark 1 is the silver IM suit right? It is designed for flight.

Edit: If you're referring to the unit he built in the cave, then you're right.

Darth Martin
You referring to the Mark II suit. Mark I is the suit he broke out of captivity with.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/media/IM_mk1.jpg

Robtard
Look at that, I was wrong about something. A rare occurrence.

Darth Martin
So you think they can retake the beach?

WO Polaski
Then he's have to wait until they ALL ran out of ammo. We are talking about hundreds of soldiers waiting on hills 40 feet up with turrets of high caliber machine guns, artillery, and grenades. The team is gonna be sitting ducks. In the film as soon as the boat's doors were opened soldiers were being immediately shot dead. They were getting there arms, legs, and brains blown out.

thats why i said it would take awhile. but he would do it. the nazis dont have any weapons that can kill him so it would only be a matter of time until he killed them all.

Darth Martin
Well if you go that route then RoboCop and the T-800 could solo as well. Iron Man is vulnerable in the eyes and I believe Sabretooth can be overloaded since he has no adamantium skeleton.

If a tank round hit Wolverine or let's say anything nearly equivalent to a .50 caliber machine gun it could provce fatal. Dude still has arteries that aren't protected by his skeleton. Not to mention his eyes or dick getting taken out. Like to see him grow those back. We haven't seen him grow anything back in the movies but flesh wounds. He has shown no signs of regeneration like Deadpool in the comics or Piccolo/Cell in DBZ.

BruceSkywalker
If Tom Hanks can do it, this people save Ryan much much easier

they all solo this

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
If Tom Hanks can do it, this people save Ryan much much easier

they all solo this I'm not sure any one of these individuals could solo.

Tom Hanks had a good amount of help. Not to mention most of his crew died. And there's no way Tom Hanks' squad could storm the beach by themselves.

Darth Martin
For those who haven't seen the film or don't remember here's Part 1 of the Omaha Beach landing scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDCrMVtVI0&feature=related

R.I.P. to all who gave there lives.

Robtard
Well if you go that route then RoboCop and the T-800 could solo as well. Iron Man is vulnerable in the eyes and I believe Sabretooth can be overloaded since he has no adamantium skeleton.

If a tank round hit Wolverine or let's say anything nearly equivalent to a .50 caliber machine gun it could provce fatal. Dude still has arteries that aren't protected by his skeleton. Not to mention his eyes or dick getting taken out. Like to see him grow those back. We haven't seen him grow anything back in the movies but flesh wounds. He has shown no signs of regeneration like Deadpool in the comics or Piccolo/Cell in DBZ.

With unlimited ammo, Robo and T-800 could probably solo, given enough time.

Sabretooth's non-metal laced skeleton only means his bones can be broken, though by the damage he's taken, those bones are far more durable than regular human bone matter. He can still heal broken bones though.

A tank round or .50 cal will not prove fatal to Wolverine. He can heal from bullets entering his skull (see Origins), so tanks shells and .50 cals would only tear off chunks of flesh, which he'll heal from.

He has grown back large portions of flesh when Phoenix was disentigrating him away, there's no reason to believe his eyes or dick wouldn't grow back, as it's all just flesh.

Placidity
They all fail before even reaching the beach.

* .50 cal will more than likely penetrate the Mark I.

* Not sure if Robocop's armor is invulnerable to .50 cal bullets. But he will get shot in the face.

* T-101 is the most durable here, but he isn't invulnerable to gunfire.

* Wolverine and Sabretooth's healing factors will get over taxed. Sabretooth would die almost immediately. As for Wolverine, Hundreds to bullets to the head would surely knock them out.

I think most people are being biased because these characters are all bad-ass. But not many people have truely considered the real situation here. Even as they approach the beach, they would be SATURATED by .50 cal bullets. Even in the impossible scenario that they aren't killed or incapacitated by a hailstorm of thousands of bullets, they would likely get blown up by the landmines.

Robtard
The MG42 (what the German's were using in the bunkers in SPR) is the most common medium machine gun the Nazis had in WWII. While it didn't fire heavy rounds like a .50 cal, it could put out 1,000+ rounds a minute, which is ****ing devastating to anyone that isn't completely bulletproof.

So in retrospect, these mother****ers probably can't make it pasted the beach, because the German's also have an assortment of other smaller guns, grenades, grenade launchers and flamethrowers besides bunkers sporting MG42s.

(I had forgotten that Robo was damaged by excessive machinegun fire in the first film)

dadudemon
The MG42 (what the German's were using in the bunkers in SPR) is the most common medium machine gun the Nazis had in WWII. While it didn't fire heavy rounds like a .50 cal, it could put out 1,000+ rounds a minute, which is ****ing devastating to anyone that isn't completely bulletproof.

So in retrospect, these mother****ers probably can't make it pasted the beach, because the German's also have an assortment of other smaller guns, grenades, grenade launchers and flamethrowers besides bunkers sporting MG42s.

(I had forgotten that Robo was damaged by excessive machinegun fire in the first film)

When Logan takes several shots to the face/head right after getting his claws, he doesn't get knocked out.

Me thinks he feigned getting knocked out in II...only to keep them from freaking out.

BruceSkywalker
I'm not sure any one of these individuals could solo.

Tom Hanks had a good amount of help. Not to mention most of his crew died. And there's no way Tom Hanks' squad could storm the beach by themselves.

nothing kills Logan, so he solos...

As for Iron Man he has infinite power so he should fire from the air and tak them all out

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
When Logan takes several shots to the face/head right after getting his claws, he doesn't get knocked out.

Me thinks he feigned getting knocked out in II...only to keep them from freaking out.

He took one shot to the head in Origins; despite it being a shit movie which was poorly planned, it's possible that the bullet that KO'd him in X2 just happened to hit him in the right spot. As it's possible to be hit in the head and be ko'd or not be ko'd at times.

He wasn't faking, he got downed for a bit.

With enough bullets constantly hitting him, as well as grenades, he's going to go down, at least until he heals. Add a flamethrower or 10 and it's possible the Nazis may be able to take him out or at least take him out long enough to chain him and drag his ass into the ocean. They could also just park a tank on him and then defecate on his face, for fun.

There's thousands of Nazi troops and they're all armed with something. There isn't going to be any soloing here, that's for sure.

Rogue Jedi
haermm defecate

dadudemon
He took one shot to the head in Origins; despite it being a shit movie which was poorly planned, it's possible that the bullet that KO'd him in X2 just happened to hit him in the right spot. As it's possible to be hit in the head and be ko'd or not be ko'd at times.

Okay. I'm picking what you're laying down.

He wasn't faking, he got downed for a bit.

With enough bullets constantly hitting him, as well as grenades, he's going to go down, at least until he heals. Add a flamethrower or 10 and it's possible the Nazis may be able to take him out or at least take him out long enough to chain him and drag his ass into the ocean. They could also just park a tank on him and then defecate on his face, for fun.

There's thousands of Nazi troops and they're all armed with something. There isn't going to be any soloing here, that's for sure.

Cool.

I was just trying to justify the retardedness of a bullet knocking out Logan...when a bullet doesn't generate enough force to knock someone out. Seriously. no expression

When someone flies up into the air after getting shot...or flies back...that's all hollywood. When someone's head flies back when it gets shot...that's all hollywood.

Darth Martin
Well the Nazis don't have .50 Caliber guns. That was just a modern example. They do have .30 Cal's though I think.

And I don't recall landmines.

Placidity

And I don't recall landmines.

Haha, Landmines were very much part of WW2.

Just in the beach scene, some guy gets his arm blown off by a mine and he casually walks to it and picks it up.

Darth Martin
There in every war, just didn't recall one in the beach scene on film.

Thought those explosions were artillery.

Eminence
While I don't know how it'd extract Ryan safely, what could the Nazis do, physically, to a T-800? Having just watched the end of Salvation... that thing can take a beating.

Placidity
There in every war, just didn't recall one in the beach scene on film.

Thought those explosions were artillery.

They weren't used in the cold war XD

Yea it could have been artillery now I think about it. Its been a looong time, but I recalled them as landmines.

Robtard
Originally posted by Eminence
While I don't know how it'd extract Ryan safely, what could the Nazis do, physically, to a T-800? Having just watched the end of Salvation... that thing can take a beating.

Pipe-bomb ripped it apart in Terminator, so land mines, tank shells, grenades and RPGs should pick it apart until it's shit.

Air strike would probably do it.

A Panzer tank running it over would likely do it.

Even an anti-aircraft gun turned on it should bring it down with enough hits.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Eminence
While I don't know how it'd extract Ryan safely, what could the Nazis do, physically, to a T-800? Having just watched the end of Salvation... that thing can take a beating. wink So is RoboCop as well. He fell from a skyscraper and kept on fighting after he landed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.