Master Chief Vs Starkiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YodaIam
Takes place in some random forest or whatever from Halo, its empty.

Chief has 5 grenades. His A.Rifle, full ammo for both guns, his pistol from 1 and his energy sword.

Who wins? smile

ScreamPaste
Star Killer's got precog, and can force crush MC.

WO Polaski
offensive force abilities such as crush= starkiller winning.

without force crush though he cant beat him.

Phanteros
he doesn't need force to kill him.

WO Polaski
well he certainly isnt good enough to do it with his lightsaber.

edit- and btw the chief kills him with a grenade.

YodaIam
Oh btw sorry if its a bad match up. I only just started level 6 of Halo 1 lol.

WO Polaski
its not a bad match up itd be a good fight to see. its just that with the ability to use force crush galen would win pretty easily. but without that itd be a good fight. ultimately though the chiefs got the speed and tech to win.

ScreamPaste
Galen's got precog and a lightsaber, imho without force crush he could still take about half.

Q'Anilia
John in his armor is way more durable than anything Starkiller has crushed. Sure he crushed a walker, but the truth in that matter is that the common walkers have a very thin layer of protection and are considered very light.

I can't seem to remember Starkiller proving capable of reaching inside something, targeting something that couldn't be seen. If he holds this capability, he can pull a Darth Maul ownage and simply crush Chief's airpipe.

Assuming he can't reach inside the armor, and knowing that Chief's armor is more durable than the plating of a walker, this battle will not be so easily won.
Given John's re-entry scenario, I can't imagine even the lightsaber to be a secure win on this matter.

ScreamPaste
Hm, inside his armour MC's relatively squishy, and Vader seemed to effortlessly pop a head in a box in a panel I saw posted here once, I think you supplied it, Q.

Q'Anilia
Yes. Darth Vader could effortlessly crush a head that wasn't within sight, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Starkiller can. He is probably capable of this feat, but I don't think it's ever been done.

It's a rare showing that a Force user does something of the sort. Starkiller was a prodigy, but if we think objectively, Darth Vader was both more cunning in the Force and had more experience.
He squished his first airpipe before Galen knew how to stand.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Galen's got precog and a lightsaber, imho without force crush he could still take about half.

why is precog a deciding factor? jedi more skilled then galen with a lightsaber have been crushed by Grievous who is only a robot and has no force abilities. jango feet killed a jedi knight using only his hands etc. force precog doesnt help you very much if your opponent is as fast or faster.

Q'Anilia
Then there is Durge *Drums of drama*

SpadeKing
well chief's bullets more than likely won't hit.

I don't know the comparibility to spartan's armour to anything from star wars, as far as I know none of the spartan's have had the MJOLNIR breached & I don't know of any actually dying from the energy sword let alone being hit by it.

but if galen can actually pick him up without chief being able to still react its easily over, cause then he'll just turn chief into a tree battering ram and throw him into his own grave.

KingD19
He could always hold him in the air, then throw his saber through his face plate. He could also electrocute him. Also, he was strong enough to pull a star destroyer to the planet's surface, then stop it before it hit him, I think he can put out enough force to crush him inside the armor, or the armor itself.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by KingD19
He could always hold him in the air, then throw his saber through his face plate. He could also electrocute him. Also, he was strong enough to pull a star destroyer to the planet's surface, then stop it before it hit him, I think he can put out enough force to crush him inside the armor, or the armor itself.

He didn't pull it to the planet's surface. It was crashing already. And he never stopped it. And there's a difference between a Force pull and a crush. It's also much more to it than "crush him inside the armor". There's a reason why it's a rare technique.

There's nothing supporting the idea of him being able to crush Chief's armor.

NemeBro
Galen Marek has actually reached inside the skull or a Bull Rancor and crushed its brain.

Q'Anilia
Then there you have it. Starkiller wins.

Darkstorm Zero
That was an exersize in futility...

Galen at max destroys John.. MC has 0% defence against mindrape, various force abilities, and very little against the saber, considering SPARTANs have been eviscerated by Plasma Swords...

Also, I'd like to point out that the AT-STs have been designed to take high end gigajoules level energy weapons fire before... and are equipped with deflectors, they certainly arnt weak, especially to infantry.

As for the Star Destroyer, Err, since when was it crashing BEFORE Galen pulled it down? Thats crapola on a stick, quite frankly...

ScreamPaste
And yet it's canon that the star destroyer was already crashing, Galen just nudged it.

Ryo 666
How is the comic canon but game not? This is the game were talking about after all.

KingD19
That was more than a nudge, he pulled it off it's course by a wide margin, sped up it's descent.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by KingD19
He could always hold him in the air, then throw his saber through his face plate.

the lightsaber will hit the shield first and deactivate it completely. it'll take another hit to go into his armor; and even then it might not go through on the first try. Weaker armor then the suit John wore, 20 years older in fact, wasn't breached by a direct hit from a plasma rifle. Considering John's armor can take multiple plasma shots before he dies that means it's likely that one lightsaber strike isn't going to do it.

picking john up and throwing the lightsaber will result in Galen's death because once he throws his lightsaber john can just shoot him. just because johns in the air doesnt mean he cant' control his limbs, and he'll still have his guns and his grenades.

MJOLNIR armor is a resistor. he cant be electrocuted.

galen doesnt have "mind rape". he can only use mind tricks, which only work on the weak minded something john is not.

the only one that would work is crush. push pull choke etc wont help him in this fight.

no SPARTAN's armor been canonically breached in one stab from an energy sword but they have canonically taken multiple shots from plasma rifles before being breached. it doesnt matter galen isnt fast enough to hit chief especially not with the weapns the chief has.

galen has zero defense a fragmentation grenade. if he is anywhere within 30 feet of an exploding frag grenade the shrapnel alone will kill him.

galen has no defense against bullets. in fact blocking a bullet with his lightsaber will result in his death because when bullets are vaporized they turn into a gas that is fatal if inhaled. also if the bullet is large enough it will be reduced into molten slag that is still moving at the speed of sound, faster actually. considering soresu is galen's defensive/deflector style of choice that means hat he'll be deflecting the bullets inches away from his body. he'll die.

so i repeat my earlier statement. galen only wins via force crush. if he doesnt have that one ability then he loses.

unless the game specifically states that it wasnt crashing then it was, because both the comic AND the novel state that the star destroyer was already crashing and he just moved it.

Darkstorm Zero
#1: Force mindrape is something John has NEVER dealt with before, Or any of the lesser variants.

#2: Choke for one would, Lightning grenade, cannonball... Damn, Galen could LAUNCH him into orbit... and if he comes back down, he explodes in a lightning explosion...

#3: Not fast enough? Your warped... Force speed and reflexes, plus precog outstrips MC's by a few leagues.

Thats wierd, considering Galen takes AT-STs blasters, various missiles AND the vacuum of space in practically nothing but his skin...

Soresu? No dude... He used Sith Shien, which makes sense considering Vader mastered Ataru, Shien, and Djem-So. The rest of your argument is coutered by Repulse.

#4: The game has the Destroyer keeping it's orbit and readjusting 2 to 3 times as Galen tried to pull it down. It was already crashing my foot...

ScreamPaste
Galen still wins, he pops MC's head inside his armour, or force-thieves MC's weapons, levitates him and carves him up. Might take a few hits but what'll MC do while he's in the air with no weapons?

And no, the star destroyer was already going down, Q's confirmed it.

KingD19
Frag grenades will only end up hurting MC, Galen can easily pluck them out of the air and toss them right back. God forbid he tried to use a sticky grenade.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
#1: Force mindrape is something John has NEVER dealt with before, Or any of the lesser variants.

and galen doesnt have "force mindrape" so it hardly matters.

while he's busy choking him he gets shot or killed. choke doesnt immobilize your limbs it just cuts off your air supply.

wont get through his armor.

proof he could launch a 1000 pound object into orbit?

he barely moves fast enough to beat vader lol. nah force precog wont do anything. greivous. jango.

show me him canonically getting shot by any blaster and just "lol'ing" it off.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galen_Marek

just because its "readjusting" doesnt mean it can still fly. but feel free to show the proof, as i think youre just misinterpreting it.

he cant a weapon out of a multi-ton hand grip.

not of its in the chiefs hand he cant, and not if hes busy levitating the chief in the air or in the middle of a duel he cant.

C. C. Cowgirl!
GO, GO, GO! Cover this thread, men!

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/tactical_facepalm.jpg

WO Polaski
i dont get it. sad

C. C. Cowgirl!
Don't take it personally. It's not initially directed to you, although a few points did itch my fingers stick out tongue

WO Polaski
point them out so i can elaborate. stick out tongue

C. C. Cowgirl!
I deluded myself there. You haven't made any facepalm posts.

Consider yourself luck this time cool

WO Polaski
ninja

Darkstorm Zero
#2: Interesting, so even though Galen effortlessly can move Cheif's entire body like a ragdoll, pinwheeling the poor guy like a fan, MC is getting off accurate shots? I don't think so slick...

Lightning grenade sticks to the target till it hits another object, causing an explosion that sends everything flying... Dude, your overplaying the shield...

Proof he can do that? even at the start, he throws TIE fighers and bombers around for shits'n'giggles, effortlessly.

Vader himself is quick when he needs to be, plus he actually HAS observable speed feats ingame... Cheif barely made his escape in HALO 2 from that orbital bombardment after defeating Regret.

Err, the lightsaber in the back, getting thrown around by Vader, then the Vaccum of space all within 15 seconds WITHOUT protection... MC Would be DEAD by that without armour.

Tell me you didn't cite a wiki article.... Dude, it states in his moves what he uses...

Darkstorm Zero
I actually want to SEE where it says it WAS crashing.. it was holding orbit to launch attacks and launching TIEs, plus the ingame dialog states it so. There where no escape pods or shuttles disembarking. There is no evidence of the ship even being damaged or off course prior to Galen yanking it down.

WO Polaski
im going to work and i probably wont have internet access until tomorrow so at worst ill be able to post tomorrow. is that cool?

Darkstorm Zero
*Shrugs* It's cool

SpadeKing
That was an exersize in futility...

Galen at max destroys John.. MC has 0% defence against mindrape, various force abilities, and very little against the saber, considering SPARTANs have been eviscerated by Plasma Swords...

just for record name a spartan KIA by a plasma sword

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by SpadeKing
just for record name a spartan KIA by a plasma sword

I'll love to read this happy

SpadeKing

#2: Choke for one would, Lightning grenade, cannonball... Damn, Galen could LAUNCH him into orbit... and if he comes back down, he explodes in a lightning explosion...

#3: Not fast enough? Your warped... Force speed and reflexes, plus precog outstrips MC's by a few leagues.

Thats wierd, considering Galen takes AT-STs blasters, various missiles AND the vacuum of space in practically nothing but his skin...

#4: The game has the Destroyer keeping it's orbit and readjusting 2 to 3 times as Galen tried to pull it down. It was already crashing my foot...

1. force mind rape is something I haven't really seen from galen

2. force choke is another thing I haven't seen from him & if I remember correctly it take it bit of concentration for the force to get to working if the object weights alot.

3. reflexes I'll give galen that. precog? precog this, precog that, I have to sit still and concentrate on precog while I get shot I guess that'll work..

apparently space doesn't hurt anyone from star wars universe if you can walk on an asteroid or a volcanic planet which should have little if any ozone.

4. thats gameplay, who the hell is actually gonna finish landing the destroyer correctly while you're getting attacked by air units? it was hard enough as it is for him.

NemeBro
Originally posted by WO Polaski
proof he could launch a 1000 pound object into orbit?

he barely moves fast enough to beat vader lol. nah force precog wont do anything. greivous. jango.

he cant a weapon out of a multi-ton hand grip. He tosses around TIE Fighters as if they are toys. And no matter how much you try to downplay the feat, him redirecting the Star Destroyer means that he can EASILY throw John.

2. Lul? When they had a real fight, Galen Marek outright destroyed Vader. And besides, it is not like Vader himself is a powerful saber combatant or anything. Jango when matched up against a Jedi of signifigant power(Windu) was nothing more than a mere nuisance, he was easily dispatched. I will not say Galen is more powerful than Windu, but he is certainly on his level. As for Grievous...He has been trained in saber combat by Dooku, one of the very best saber duelists ever, his cybernetic body gave him enchanced physical strength and speed(according to Blax, he was able to "outrun the Force" lol) and utilised a highly unpredictable, unique fighting style, which utilized multiple lightsabers. If I recall correctly, his perception was also increased, which would allow him to better handle the speed of a Jedi. So yeah...Losing to Grievous is not a low feat, and if I recall right, the strongest Jedi he defeated was what? Mundi? Shaak Ti? Those are good feats, but to my knowledge, Mundi is weaker than Marek, and Shaak Ti was proven to be weaker than a relatively noob Marek.

3. I checked the halo wiki...According to it, the Spartan Program only allows MC to lift three times his body weight. no expression Is this true?

Oh, and yes he can, redirecting the Star Destroyer>>>>>>MC's strength, even assuming the above is not true.

SpadeKing
barerly move fast enough to defeat vader? he made vader look pathetic compared to him ermm

I don't remember but I'm pretty sure chief should be able to lift more than 3x his own weight outside of that suit.

Gumachi
Starkiller paralyzes MC and cut his head off or he could Force Choke MC.

SpadeKing
has anyone even ever seen this guy use a force choke

Gumachi
Lol, have you played the game?

SpadeKing
yep I haven't seen force choke from him.

WO Polaski
*Shrugs* It's cool

its coming. no expression

Darkstorm Zero
I will be waiting...

WO Polaski
fervently?

NemeBro
Stfu

Gumachi
lol

WO Polaski
alright i just cant do it.

i concede. sad

NemeBro
Haha noob. 131

WO Polaski
my self esteem is at an all time low. sad

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by WO Polaski
my self esteem is at an all time low. sad

Your sig=awesome. Anyone who is a fan of Carol is alright by me.

ares834
Originally posted by SpadeKing
yep I haven't seen force choke from him.
Did you watch the cut scenes?

menokokoro
ok, my first thought was that star killer wins in a landslide, but now that i think about it.....well i still think that he "could" win, if he can trap him in a force grip, but if cheif gets to him before he can, and its pretty likely he could (cheif is frikin fast) it would be over cheifs overwhelming strength would rip him apart.

though thats all assuming cheif knows what he is up against, if he just thinks he is some dude with a "plasma sword" he would probably lose because he would start shooting at him first off and galen just diflects all those bullets and grabs him with the force and just slams him arround lightning bolts him, thightsaber boomerangs him, until he dies.

so my conclusion is that galen has more of an edge over all even in my first senario he can still win but he would have to roll a natural 20 lol

Nemesis X
I never seen Galen performing a force choke but in the books he did pop someones brain with the force. Book knowledge is allowed in here if everybody is gonna keep saying Master Chief can see bullets in slow motion. Seeing bullets in slow mo <<<<<<<<< popping a brain with your mind. John's screwed.

menokokoro
yeah i agree unless he can get to galen before he uses that ability

ScreamPaste
Why wouldn't Galen use it? o_O "lolfreewinforme"

menokokoro
......did i say he wouldnt use it? no i meant that cheif would be faster than galen (which he is, very much so) and if i got to him before he managed to use the force then it would be over because of his overwhelming strength

Incanus
Master Chief will meet the end of a lightsaber....... Marek "nudges" a really big rock that will crush Chief, armor or not. I mean, like, a REALLY big rock, like, the size of the rocks on Halo 1 that are giant and big enough to cover a warthog.

ScreamPaste
Jedi have precog, Meno, Cheif would never get there before Galen did it.

menokokoro
eh, their precog is nice but its not THAT much of an advantate and if cheif was not as fast as he is i would agree with you completely, i only agree with you a little bit lol, galen would probably get him before cheif gets to him but cheif still has a chance to

SpadeKing
Originally posted by ares834
Did you watch the cut scenes?

he did it in a cutscene? I probably just don't remember that then.

How good is Galen's precog powers anyway? most jedi can't even use it effectively combat.

Shaggs
I have noticed how the people debating for Starkiller are assuming that he will maintain perfect concentration through an entire battle. I've read this whole thread a few times now, and I still have no idea who could take it, though I am sad to say that I am leaning towards Starkiller now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.