Demon's Souls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
DEMON'S SOULS
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/9495/1741_0001.jpg

YzdFJTePtXo

General Features

* Ultimate hardcore RPG challenge -- In this brutal land, death is inevitable, but not final. Combining the best features of an action game and RPG, you'll slice, smash, shoot, and ensorcel some of the most horrible, vicious enemies ever encountered. Are you strong enough to face the impossible and win?
* Groundbreaking online capabilities -- Network features go far beyond any previous RPG, allowing players to leave hints for each other, replay death scenes, cooperatively revive dead players, or invade another player's game to wreak havoc. Not merely an add-on feature, multiplayer options are vast, and uniquely focused on changing and intensifying the single player experience.
* Freeform and flexible -- The open-ended structure of the game means that there is no single path, but rather a wealth of options. Set your own pace and progress as you like. Build exactly the character you want by creating a detailed avatar, nurturing the right stats, and customizing your skills and equipment.
* You act, the world reacts -- The World Tendency system changes the aggressiveness of monsters and the rewards for killing them based on players' actions. Different events and NPCs may be triggered, as well.

from IGN http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14242310.html

----------------------------------

Any other PS3 owners out there excited for this release?

Nemesis X
I heard that this was announced as best of show for PS3 at E3.

dadudemon
This looks cool.

I'm a big RPG type person. NOT MMORPG. But it looks like it tries to sprinkle a little bit of the MMO portion into it.

I don't like having to be stuck playing a game forever and ever, like WoW.

I really like Fable I and II. This looks similar to that game, but slightly more demonic. That should be fun.

I'm playing fallout 3 right now and I love it very much...but this seems more like a Fable-ish type than a Mass Effect type.

Quincy
I like how you can leave notes for other players to read. Clues and hints as to how to beat the next enemy, or if there are any traps ahead.

Watching how other people have died, figuring out what they did wrong, I'm really looking forward to this game. It's supposed to be REAL hard, and I love a challenge.

Neo Darkhalen
This looks really good, is it multiplatform?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Quincy
I like how you can leave notes for other players to read. Clues and hints as to how to beat the next enemy, or if there are any traps ahead.

Watching how other people have died, figuring out what they did wrong, I'm really looking forward to this game. It's supposed to be REAL hard, and I love a challenge.

I don't like fighting a boss that takes 10 times because of some obscure weakness.....AKA, Kraid from Super Metroid 3 was just about right. It took me about 5 times, the first time I fought him, because I didn't think to shoot a missile into his mouh when he opened it. I swear it took me 30 times to beat the end boss on Mech Warrior Assault....that huge giant skull thingie or whatever. It was hard as **** to figure out what the hell damaged him....after that, it was hard as **** to actually damage him with that measly power suit, then it was hard as **** to just stay alive.

Too much challenge makes it frustrating and boring, imo.

I also like the fact that in RPGs, those players that spend a long time exploring, doing side quests, fighting enemies they've already beaten to level up, are rewarded with much easier boss battles. In Mass Effect, that entire point was missed. That's one of the few things I didn't like about Mass Effect.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't like fighting a boss that takes 10 times because of some obscure weakness.....AKA, Kraid from Super Metroid 3 was just about right. It took me about 5 times, the first time I fought him, because I didn't think to shoot a missile into his mouh when he opened it. I swear it took me 30 times to beat the end boss on Mech Warrior Assault....that huge giant skull thingie or whatever. It was hard as **** to figure out what the hell damaged him....after that, it was hard as **** to actually damage him with that measly power suit, then it was hard as **** to just stay alive.

Too much challenge makes it frustrating and boring, imo.

I also like the fact that in RPGs, those players that spend a long time exploring, doing side quests, fighting enemies they've already beaten to level up, are rewarded with much easier boss battles. In Mass Effect, that entire point was missed. That's one of the few things I didn't like about Mass Effect.

I disagree completely, boss fights need to go back to this formula, the sooner the better.

Challenge has been lost in games as of late especially in the form of bosses, it's time they regained there difficulty.

If you want ease, get a Wii.

Quincy
I think it'll be a real fun co op multiplayer experience. Imagine being pulled into a game with 2 other players, one a mage, one a ranger, and you're a warrior. You're all attacked by a giant mace weilding Troll. All attacking together and trying to find a weakness, backing each other up, figuring out how to win. sounds like a good time.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Quincy
I think it'll be a real fun co op multiplayer experience. Imagine being pulled into a game with 2 other players, one a mage, one a ranger, and you're a warrior. You're all attacked by a giant mace weilding Troll. All attacking together and trying to find a weakness, backing each other up, figuring out how to win. sounds like a good time.

Sounds like an actual essential co-op game, the only other game to really provide that is Left 4 Dead.

NemeBro
I have been kind of keeping up with this game for a few months, looks good.

And yes, I have heard that it is VERY hard, a reviewer stating something like "You'll die. A lot."

But IMO, challenge in games is hard to find these days, so I welcome it. As long as it is not as hard as Alien Hominid. That shit was excruciatingly difficult. no expression

Quincy
I dont mind a hard game, as long as its not hard because of the gameplay mechanics. If it's a smooth running game, it's just against difficult enemies, I can handle that.

Quincy
has anyone played this game yet? I'm wondering how high the replay value of it is.

AsbestosFlaygon
Bought the game.

I'll give my opinions once I finish Tekken 6 and Half-Minute Hero.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.