AWE detail question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
Hey, in the scene where Jack and Beckett are negotiating terms and right after Jack says who he is, a cannonball comes out of nowhere, providing Jack an exit. Where did the cannonball come from? Who is firing at the ship? I don't have my dvd with me and the script didn't make it clear. Thanks!

ibd4eva
hmm.. I actually havent seen it in a while. My guess would be the Pearl? I dont know. Someone wanna verify?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
probably the pearl. I could go and watch it, but I'm supposed to be preparing for school right now, so...

or maybe its just one of those things that we're left to ponder forever.

That ACDC Chick
i believe its the Pearl cause he swings over to it after destroying the mast 'all without a single drop of rum'

willofthewisp
Okay thanks!

a-k-a-amber
Yeah its the pearl because Barbossa convinces Sao Feng to leave with Elizabeth and they'll take care of Beckett.

willofthewisp
http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/pirates_of_the_caribbean__dead_man_s_chest/_group_photos/jack_davenport4.jpg

Another stupid stupid question. Feel free to b*tch slap me. The strappy thing around Norrington, is that a belt, or is it something else? I'm sure Sailor won't mind that I've included a picture of James, but I need to know what this is since he wears it around his chest and not his waist.

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by willofthewisp
http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/pirates_of_the_caribbean__dead_man_s_chest/_group_photos/jack_davenport4.jpg

Another stupid stupid question. Feel free to b*tch slap me. The strappy thing around Norrington, is that a belt, or is it something else? I'm sure Sailor won't mind that I've included a picture of James, but I need to know what this is since he wears it around his chest and not his waist.

Not Sailor but I'm guessing there are different kinds of pirate clothing and how they where them. I'm guessing that was another pirate look that was very popular during that time. Also some very insterting James facts from AWE(Nothing to with his clothes)
(From Wikipedia)
Norrington had a somewhat larger role in earlier script drafts, including forging an alliance with Davy Jones based on their mutual animosity of Lord Beckett (this may explain why Jones offers him a place in his crew before he dies). At least one cut scene appears to have been filmed: Norrington dissuades Governor Swann from stabbing Davy Jones' heart after Jones tells Swann that Elizabeth is dead. Stills from the scene exist, but it was not included with the other deleted scenes on the DVD release.

sailorleo
well, the belt too me...Besides being fabulous, could be like a batman utility belt, a place to store a gun, or ammunition, and keep it, relatively dry. Since pirates were all about hording as much loot on you persons as possible, that belt probably served a similar purpose...

IheartPocky
It's called a bandolier. You're welcome. stick out tongue Not restricted to pirates.

willofthewisp
I'm giving you a cyber kiss, Pocky. Stupid, stupid me. I wondered if it was a bandolier, but I imagine the modern Rambo-style ones and not a strappy leather thing from the pirate era. Thanks!

siriuswriter
Originally posted by willofthewisp

willo - it's some kind of message-carrier. it looks like a relic from the norrington-white wig years because of the bling that probably makes it a piece of her royal majesty's navy something or other.

ETA : wow. so, uh...um... we're just gonna ignore this?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
LOL sirius. well, unless we have more AWE questions waiting to be answered, or me and Bwa go and pillage this thread, I guess we could leave it alone. haha.

Bwa Ha Ha
PILLAGE! With zombies!

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/210/c/2/Zombie_by_VegasMike.jpg

Jaeh.is.Awesome
lol bwa xD nice pic. GROSS, but nice xD

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin Knew ya'd like it.

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/246/1/e/_STARS_Zombie_by__coey_.jpg

Jaeh.is.Awesome
LOL GO INNARDS xD

Bwa Ha Ha
INNARDS FTW!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
lol, well, let's let this die if we don't have anything AWE to ask stick out tongue

I don't want rexxy to come and do some modding. O.O let's regulate this forum while rogue's not around. O.O

Bwa Ha Ha
Where IS Rogue?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
busy, probably. All the once-regular people who know rogue are not here. sad

I DO wonder where he is >>.

Bwa Ha Ha
People actually KNOW Rogue?!?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
meaning - knew where he might be. stick out tongue and I'd like to think that raz/other mods knows where he is.

come on, let's leave this thread alone now, and cont. the thing in the offtopic or party thread. xD cuz seriously, I dun want rexxy to come... xD

Bwa Ha Ha
Okay.....

sad

Jaeh.is.Awesome
yeah, I know right. sad

Bwa Ha Ha
sad

siriuswriter
dudes, i know rogue!!

and i'm not that old.

Bwa Ha Ha
Where is Rogue, then? Not that I care sentimentally....

siriuswriter
he's got a harry potter website that he's running. i was over there as a mod for a bit, posting news and adding pictures to the galleries and organizing things and such.

i think he basically knows that the hp forum and the potc forum can run themselves - we're not like general discussion where everyone just sort of blabs on and swears all the time or talks about distasteful things.

but i know he's out there - there are so many duds of threads that come up in hp forum, and i always report them, and he always does the banishing. plus, he's an h/hr shipper, so i tried to convince him that that's stupid and the only person hermione could be with is ron.

rogue no listen, of course. *sigh*

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL So you basically mod and report back?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by siriuswriter
he's got a harry potter website that he's running. i was over there as a mod for a bit, posting news and adding pictures to the galleries and organizing things and such.

i think he basically knows that the hp forum and the potc forum can run themselves - we're not like general discussion where everyone just sort of blabs on and swears all the time or talks about distasteful things.

but i know he's out there - there are so many duds of threads that come up in hp forum, and i always report them, and he always does the banishing. plus, he's an h/hr shipper, so i tried to convince him that that's stupid and the only person hermione could be with is ron.

rogue no listen, of course. *sigh*

no - DRAMIONE FOREVER.

ah well then, at least we know where rogue is. xD

he trusts us, I guess. *laugh*

PirateofOslo
This could mean... Daaaaaaaaaangeeeeeeer......
Dramione ftw!

Bwa Ha Ha
I'm falling in love,
falling in love,
falling in love....

I could be falling in love,
falling in love,
falling in love....

With Hermione Granger....

PirateofOslo
Hahaha love the pic.
I'm holding out for a ten. Because I'm worth it.

Bwa Ha Ha
Totally (awesome) worth it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.