Flow walking explinations?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xxxpoppunker182
K so my friend thinks that when you flow walk you can change the past or future but as I understand it all you can do is go back and view the events of the past.

Like Jacen couldn't have killed vader when he flow walked back to see him.

the wookieepedia entry says

"When one flow-walks, they can only change a person's perception of the past, but not the past itself. "

I get this but he doesn't. Can anyone help me out?

~:Mr.Anderson:~
See, kids, when a mommy teen and a daddy teen go to an orgy, sometimes accidents happen; accidents which are accentuated when they find out that they are cousins.

So in essence, your freind is an imbred product of such a scenario.

SIDIOUS 66
Flow Walk is the most stupidest force power EU has came up with.

Napoleon, nobody can know that for sure.

WO Polaski
i hate that movie.

Red Nemesis
me dos

Hewhoknowsall
Wait...if they could flow walk, then could they not have virtually complete omniscience of everything that happened in the past? Couldn't jedi who learned that use it to track down any villain that they're looking for?

Allankles
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Wait...if they could flow walk, then could they not have virtually complete omniscience of everything that happened in the past? Couldn't jedi who learned that use it to track down any villain that they're looking for?

I'd assume it has its limits. But the presence of such powers just proves that the golden era time period was far more interesting than the NJO era, and authors always want to connect their NJO to the old legends.

At the end of the day it is a bit disappointing that with an entire galaxy worth of stories authors could only come up with another galactic civil war, and another skywalker turned Sith.

We don't see any well crafted planetary based conflicts. It's all one over dramatic half baked galactic war after another.

Red Nemesis
I think a plotline about a single planet (Or two?) would be interesting. We've had centuries of stories just about Earth, and some were pretty great. Why not get some focus?

Hewhoknowsall
What about a story in which the Empire attempts to invade modern day Earth with 500,000 stormtroopers.... and some other troops?

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
What about a story in which the Empire attempts to invade modern day Earth with 500,000 stormtroopers.... and some other troops? what about you shut up about that dumb shit?

1. Star wars happened a long long time ago.

2. Nobody in star wars or our galaxy has the ability to transgalactically travel.

searching......
Time based powers are stupid and misleading in name.

Allankles
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I think a plotline about a single planet (Or two?) would be interesting. We've had centuries of stories just about Earth, and some were pretty great. Why not get some focus?

That's the issue. You have 1000s upon 1000s of planets in SW many with billions of sapient inhabitants, each with it's own continents and nations and still authors are wasting the NJO potential on unconvincing galaxy wide civil wars.

ares834
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Flow Walk is the most stupidest force power EU has came up with.
So true.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
K so my friend thinks that when you flow walk you can change the past or future but as I understand it all you can do is go back and view the events of the past.

Like Jacen couldn't have killed vader when he flow walked back to see him.

the wookieepedia entry says

"When one flow-walks, they can only change a person's perception of the past, but not the past itself. "

I get this but he doesn't. Can anyone help me out?

Tell your friend that Jacen flat-out states in "Inferno" that you cannot change the past.

"Any change they made in the past would be corrected by the Force and the flow would return to its present course."

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Tell your friend that Jacen flat-out states in "Inferno" that you cannot change the past.

"Any change they made in the past would be corrected by the Force and the flow would return to its present course."

Ya that helps.

BUt also can you change the future? Because Jacen kind of does that in the DN trilogy. I'm talkin about in Joiner KIng when you talks to Leia in the futre.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
what about you shut up about that dumb shit?

1. Star wars happened a long long time ago.

2. Nobody in star wars or our galaxy has the ability to transgalactically travel.

Sorry, it was just a joke (*waits for rant about how that wasn't funny*)

There ARE small stories that involve just a few/one planet, sometimes even just a city. However, it would be lame to base a main, big story on just a few planets when the entire galaxy is connected.

Allankles
You can have a major story on a single planet. Personally it's amazing how the galaxy could even allow a second galactic civil war.

alterangel
Btw I am that friend. Me and poppunker have talked about this a bunch. I think flow walking is contradictory in itself. When Jacen goes to see vader in the temple he specifically states that if vader saw him it would have major ramifications. He also talks to leia and thus changes the future.

He also said that if someone was seen flow walking they would appear as a blur. If someone from the past sees a floating blur walking through their bathroom that is gonna change the past. Maybe in a tiny minute miniscule way but that person will remember that event thus changing the past.

Eminence
I believe Luke confirms in Omen that a flow-walker can change the past "in some small way." That might not be the exact wording, but I skimmed through the book yesterday at B&N and that caught my eye.

Also, Luke can now teleport things.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Eminence
I believe Luke confirms in Omen that a flow-walker can change the past "in some small way." That might not be the exact wording, but I skimmed through the book yesterday at B&N and that caught my eye.

Also, Luke can now teleport things.

Actually, what he said was that a flow-walker can change the future in some small way. If a flow-walker changes the past, the force puts everything back the way it was supposed to be.

Eminence
Gotcha.

Dr McBeefington
The book was boring. Yet another ridiculously retarded sith cult is shown. The only good thing about it was how leet the Aing-Tii really are. The Empire was lucky not to have run into them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.